No global address list when trying to send email through excel

In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai
(Outlook).  When I try to do this, the global address list on th
server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t
doesn't show up.  The global address list is available because I ca
save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a
attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug
excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it'
easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th
server.  There was some sort of wizard that walked me through this an
I think I did it wrong...Any help would be appreciated...Thanks

--
~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com

Displaying data based on Drop Down List Selection
Hello, hope someone can help. I have a list of records in Excel which are attributed to teams in my organisation. Say its a list of staff. What I need is to be able to send the file out so that a user can select from a drop down menu the team name and the list displays all the staff in that team. I know that they could just use a filter for this themselves but these these users are not even comfortable doing that!! I need to make is simple so wanted a big obvious drop down list with the teams in, they select it and see all the relevant records. Has anybody got any ideas? Would be ver...

Newbie Excel/Database Question
I have a database with two tables (class and book) that are joined by a link table (class_book) such that a class has many books and the same book can be used in many classes. How might I go about pulling this data into Excel and showing the classes down the left side, the books along the top, and an 'X' at the intersection of the two when a book is required by a class. TIA, Bob You can do this with a pivot table. With 2 worksheet columns "Book" an "Class" holding your data. You might have to do a "Make Table" query i Access to achieve this. Use Data...

Excel export vs. Project client
Hello community, when i put my project web access site to the trusted sites no Excel export is working, but there are also features which need the project web access site as an trusted site. a user was having a problem with the project client, which shows a error message "information from project server http://serveraddress could not be displayed, because http://serveraddress is not identified as an trusted site...". so i set a group policy option which put the serveraddress to the trusted sites, but now the Excel export doesn't work. thanks so far tobias h...

can't send emails
Hi there! I've looked to all posts here and didn't find an answer to my problem. I've got following error while trying to send an email from CRM Web - Client: Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: An unexpected error occurred. Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch the email : A SOAP error occurred: '80040154Class not registered ' Error Number: 0x80040216 Source File: D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h Line Number: 47 Date: 10-21-2005 Time: 15:54:38 Type: Platform Error (2) Server: crm Query String: /Activities/Email/ed...

Still can't find this damn email address...
Still cannot find this elusive email address. I've tried all 3 methods at http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/finding_smtp_ad.html but it just returns 0 matches. The email address is stillbouncing though as well. Jamie "Jamie Dawes" <jamie_d808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Hi, > > When I try to add abc@mydomain.com as an email address for an AD User > Account I get the error 'This e-mail address already exists in this > organization' so I then try to send an email to abc@mydomain.com and it > bounces with the following message: >...

Automatically send an email each day
I want to be able to send an email to a particular person (through exchange) every day @ 4pm. It's a "reminder email". Is there a way? Thanks in advance! ...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Public Folders and Display of Mail Addresses
Hi, Ex 2003 SP1. I have created a public folder holding all the corporate contacts. I want to allow users to select the contacts email address when sending a message, however, on selecting the public folder from Select Names/Show Names from/Public Folders after clicking To: no external contacts are displayed. I know that if you right click the PF and select this folder as an Outlook Email Address book the the names are then displayed in the selection dialogue box after clicking on the PF. Surely there is a way to do this globally, to avoid all users in the organisation having to configure...

HTML edit for email template in Outlook 2003
If I'm editing new mail, I can set MS Word as editor and use script editor to access the HTML source. Now I'm creating a template for the autoreply, and it doesn't offer a choice to switch to MS Word. What should I do to edit the mail template content then? -- If you want to mail to me, please replace all instance of "e" to "a" in my email address. Thank you. Sorry for any inconvience caused, but there's many spam-mailers. ...

Account List Displays Incorrect Balance
2 of my accounts display the wrong balance in the Account List View, in the registers for these accounts, it shows the correct balance, also in cashflow, however on the Account List Page it does not. (It is not showing the current or ending balance, and its not even close). For a credit card that should have about $2000 in debt shows as a positive $20,000 and a checking account that should be over $10000 it shows as -$13,000.... I thought it might have to do with future posted transacations so I waited until today as now all the transactions in one of the accounts are not current.....

Copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint
I have a chart that has the left side range from 0 - 700000 @ 100000 increments, but when I select the chart & then go to Powerpoint to paste the picture it changes the range to -100000 - 700000 @ 200000 increments. Anyone know what would cause this? The chart must be shrinking in PowerPoint, so the charting engine wants to use fewer axis ticks. If you've specified a maximum but no minimum, it will use your maximum and run out where it needs to. If you'd specified no maximum, it would do 0 to 8xxx by 2xxx. If you specify all axis parameters, they will not change. Doub...

How can I print a list of birthdays from my Outlook Contacts?
I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my Contacts .... can this be done? Mail merge to a directory provides the most ways to customize printing of Outlook data. -- Russ Valentine "LXD" <LXD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF91C4C1-0DBA-4C09-9579-7DB6064DAE04@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a list of all the birthdays I have noted in my >Contacts > ... can this be done? ...

Worksheet Crashing Excel
I know that this is going to be rather generic, but I have a macro enabled file that I created in excel 2007 (saved in 2003 format) that works great, but when I try to close the file, it ALWAYS asks if I want to save the changes (even if I JUST saved) and then whether I choose to save or not, it crashes excel. I know that you don't know what my code is, but is anyone aware of this happening, or a good place to start looking in my code to fix errors? I would have no problem posting code if needed... I am frustrated and lost... Thanks in advance for any help! Hi Shane, ...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

e-mail backspace deleting in body instead of in address field
Hi! A quick search for this subject showed me some questions on a similar problem, but no answers... Outlook 2003: When I compose an e-mail and type the address and want to delete it by using backspace or delete, only the text in the body is deleted. The cursor is in the address field, blinking, but when I hit backspace, a cursor appears in the body which is not blinking. This problem came when installing "SDK International, Trados 2006" translating software. This software adds a toolbar in Word and uses s.th. called "TW4Win". It is possible, though, to delete the field...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

sending mail to a group
Hello, how do I send mail to a certain group in my address book without having to add every email address individually? Thanks, AJS Post your Outlook version. State what you mean by a "group in my address book." That term has no meaning. Outlook does not use groups in the address book. It can, however, use a Distribution List in your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AJS" <newsgroup@sorga.com> wrote in message news:ezUhgHXoHHA.1776@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, how do I send mail to a certain group in my address book without > having to...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Exchange 5.5 attachments removed when email sent to external D/L w
Hi, we are using Exchange 5.5 SP4. One of our users (user a) sends an email with a 94K Word attachment to an external address on a different companies exchange system. The email address is actually a distribution list inside this other companies system. One of the members of the address list is a user inside our company (user b). The message is then routed back through the internet to our mail server and then delivered to user b - minus the attachment. I can see in message tracking that the attachment is present at "SMTP Inbound Received" as the email is 94K in size. T...

Read Receipt won't send
When I get email that has requested a read receipt (from outlook) the read request goes to the Outbox and does not get sent. In fact it won't send. My tracking options are set for "always send a receipt" What's up? ...

Macro Help
I have a Master List of contacts in 1 workbook that needs to be updated on a weekday, daily basis from another workbook containing worksheets for each day of the month. The daily worksheet and the Master List are identical: A B C D E F G H I J K Status Co # Street City St Zip Source Product Result Next Contact Date I want to update A & K on the Master List automatically when data is changed in the daily worksheets. Is there a way to do this automatically using a macro? Using the W...

Creating a bigger list in Data Validation
Hi all, Is Data Validation limited in terms of the items you can create for the drop down list. I am creating a shopping list and would like to enter in all my grocerie items, but there are too many. Any work around solutions? Hi Shezageek, By default the length is limited to 8 items. See Debra Dalgleish's workaround suggestion at http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font --- Regards, Norman "shezageek" <notavailable@domain.com> wrote in message news:%23XtmRRS%23EHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Is Data Validation limited in terms...

Why do eMails contain "=20" and "=C3=A4" char codes ?
Occasionally (but not always) I am getting eMails which contain a lot of characters codes beginning with an "=" in the text body e.g. "=20" and "=C3=A4". What is the reason ? Is this an error of the sending or an error of the receiving eMail client ? Is this an error in the Win System or a matter of the eMail client? Sometimes CSS statements (beginning with <STYLE>) are visible as well. Is the reason for that the same as for the char miscoding ? Sven ...