No Bound Sheets Found Error Dialog Box-Excel 2000

Hello all.  I have a 8.5MB spreadsheet that is the
summary of weekly timesheets that are Excel files.  I
have attempted various strategies to reduce the size of
the files.  This sheet is all references to other
worksheets.  Up until two days ago, when opening the file
and it asks, this contains references to other files...do
you want Excel to update the cell refences, y or N.  I
always hit okay and it does it's stuff.  Now however,
when the box comes up when opening the file, I hit okay
and it returns a "No Bound Sheets" error dialog box.  All
I can do is hit okay and an error report is generated and
Excel closes.  If I hit no the to update cell references,
then it is okay but does not update the file, which I
need it to do.  I have checked the formulas/references
and they are correct.  Is it because it is so big?  Is
there a way around this issue?  Please help because it is
critical to my job.  I have searched Microsoft's website
to no avail.  Any ideas?

Copy cell of one sheet to another sheet
I need a macro that will copy Cell C3 from one sheet and add it to another sheet starting at A5. If A5 already has something in it then use A6 Thx Bob Sub dk() Dim lr As Long, sh As Worksheet, sh2 As Worksheet Set sh = Sheets("Sheet1") Set sh2 = Sheets("Sheet2") lr = sh2.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row sh.Range("C3").Copy sh2.Range("A" & lr+1) End Sub Change the sheet names to suit. "Bobbo" <Bobbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C59F170-A8C0-47F1-A9E2-CB26EE4E1BBD@microsoft.com... &g...

Error message with protected sheet
hello, is there any way I can change the error message that comes up when a user tries to change a locked cell on a protected worksheet. Thanks You can't change the message, but you can stop them from selecting locked cells on a protected sheet. Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = Worksheets("sheet1") With wks .Protect password:="hi" .EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells End With End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ex...

remove or modify balloon in text box
When I compose an invitation in Publisher with several text boxes and send this by "File - Send E-mail - Send this page as message", recipients see a pop-up balloon by each text box, containing the text of the first text box. I would like to modify these balloons but don't know how. ...

automatic name finding in To: box feature
I can't find out how to make my Outlook 2000 program automatically fill the names I type in the To: box. I know how to do it in Outlook XP, but can't find it in Outlook 2000. Is there a Help Book that I can download for Office 2000 or just Outlook 2000? Outlook 2000 doesn't have an AutoComplete feature -- it uses Auto Resolution instead. See the following article for a description of how this works: http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2000/up001108.htm#autocomplete -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only ...

Sheet to close
Why won't this work? oldjayo Sub test() Dim wsShtToSave As Worksheet Set wsShtToSave = ActiveSheet If wsShtToSave= "Master" Then ActiveWorkbook.Save ActiveWorkbook.Close End If End Sub Activesheet.name= try this simpler version Sub CloseifMaster() If ActiveSheet.Name = "Master" Then With ActiveWorkbook 'one dot only .Save .Close End With End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Excel 2007 bug? can't add my color to current sheet
I do address formatting for property management- I need specific colors to show on my working sheet-yet when I add the colors- I can't see them. they only show up if I check preprint- I need to see them now. Is this a bug or what..It will not show up, how do I get this in. I'm getting frustrated with this new excel, I thought it was supposed to be easier. someone please help.. rosemaryas@msn.com -- rose Rose See one reply to your other posting in excel.worksheet.functions No need to multi-post, just keep an eye on your first post. If you can't find your other post here i...

Run-Time Error '2467'
I've converted an Access Database from 2000 to 2007 using the SaveAs feature. I have a code as such that works perfect in Access 2000. Private frm_WS As Form Line 1: Set frm_WS = frm_WorkSchedule.Form .... Line n: frm_WS![some_ctn].Enabled = False I'm getting this error message when I attempt to run Line n in the source. No issues in Access 2000 - what is causing this in 2007 - what references should I be using or what is different using Access 2007. Access 2007 doesn;'t support the MDB format; you need to move to Access Data Projects "DavidS" <DavidS@discuss...

bound column in combo box
My form contains a combo box that allows me to pick a particular client. In this combo box there are five columns - the first being the bound column. Once I select the correct record I click on a command button which should pull up a different form filtered to this combo box selection. However, I get an error that states "... can't find the field "|" referred to in your expression". Private Sub Command116_Click() DoCmd.OpenForm "frmMain", acNormal, , Me.Cbo108.Column(0) = [ID_No] End Sub Any thoughts on what is wrong here? On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10...

Excel returning an incorrect total
When I add -2.1-0.2+2.8-0.5 which should = 0, excel returns -4.44089E-16. I have tried this on two different spreadsheets, entering the exact values. Hi, Are you entering that numbers or ar a result of a formula, that results means that you have decimals "ETC" wrote: > When I add -2.1-0.2+2.8-0.5 which should = 0, excel returns -4.44089E-16. I > have tried this on two different spreadsheets, entering the exact values. That happens with decimals in computers. It is not exclusive to XL. Some decimals do nto represent well in binary and as a result you get ver...

Report Server Error 09-19-07
I have completed my CRM install but each time I attempt to access the Report Manager I get the error message: The Scriptbibliotek '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js' cannot be found. Manually move the data or use the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' in order to install new. Sorry if the error is not completely correct but I´m translating from German. I have run the command 'aspnet_regiis -c' and received the message that the version started and then finished but every time I go back to Report Manager the same error pops up. Need a little...

Subset of one sheet on another sheet
I've been tasked to create an auction spreadsheet for my PTA to track what has been donated; whether it's for the silent auction, raffle, or live auction; and who wins it for how much. It needs to be as user friendly as possible, as I cannot guarantee that future Auction Committee member will be good with Excel. (A database would probably be better, but we don't have one.) Since in the course of planning the auction an item may be moved back and forth between the silent auction and raffle and live auction many times, I want to be able to automatically have another sheet that just l...

How do u make a curve of best fit [no connected points]in excel?
Have a look at LINEST For use with polynomial see http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Polynomial.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "vbvbv" <vbvbv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E27EFB4-DE77-4FE3-9AE7-8F28F0024E0A@microsoft.com... > ...

Lock The Lower Bound Prize
Can Anyone please tell me how i can lock the lower bound prize, rather than the message to select. (YS or NO). We have created a series of Utilities amongst which one of the options is to control the Lower and Upper Bound sales. This is a paid add-on [ Store and HQ Utility] that embeds a large number of options. Contact me for more details. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealmn.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "imma" <imma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FD27C52-1EC4-452C-8B99-9B6A8C3741D5@microsoft.com... > Can Anyone please tel...

Money 2000 Upgrade
Anyone know if you can take existing data from Money 2000 Standard Edition and export/import it into any later versions of Money ? "export/import it into any later versions of Money"? No. Generally, within known parameters and constraints? Yes. Please note that "Export/Import" is NOT the right path. This is accomplished with File|Open from the new version of the back-level file. Money will recognize the back-level file and walk you through the file upgrade process. Examples: - Money Essentials won't upgrade anything. - Certain old versions (can't remember wh...

Macro for Sub totaling multiple sheets
I'm having a problem with a sub total macro. I'm in charge of credit and risk management for a company, and we have about 40 sales agents. Our trial balance needs to be dumped from our system into excel, then broken by sales agent. The problem is each sales agent's aging is not equal, as far as the rows go, I cant seem to get a Marco to work properly. I can make a macro say for the first tab, which might have 50 rows of data, but then the second tab may have 200. The macro was only recorded for 50 rows. How can I do a sub total for each sheet, and have it know to proces...

Error 8108 #3
Source: MSADC Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8108 Description: The initialization process failed. This error is running every 5 minutes on our DC. Anyone have any ideas? I checked TechNet article Q317210 and it didn't pertain at all to our situation. We have no child domains, we're running in AD mixed mode, and all of our Exchange servers are enterprise edition, not standard as mentioned in the article. Hi Jim, Is there Exchange 5.5 or ADC running in your org? This error event may caused by ADC replication. So please temporarily step ADC and then check the issue again....

can not see sheets
I can not see the sheets although they exits. Even after I insert a new worksheet , i can not see it , i use them only by "Ctrl-Tab" . How can I solve this problem for this workbook ? (I have no problem with other workbooks) Thanks, Joker Tools | Options... | View tab | Windows options | select Sheet tabs Regards Trvor "Joker" <joker_moscow@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:etKZcLlvEHA.1300@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I can not see the sheets although they exits. Even after I insert a new >worksheet , i can not see it , i use them only by "Ctrl-T...

Catalog bound on top
I am looking for a template that allows you to use a normal sheet of paper, folded to make a book. Now I know this works for Catalogs, however I want to bind it at the fold and have it turned with the fold at the top and open it like a flip chart. Any suggestions. I can work it out, but the page printout doesn't work in the booklet format. HELP! Does your printer have this setting? It will have something like "flip pages up." You could also use the tent card option, add as many pages as needed. Publisher will automatically print it correctly. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP h...

object cannot be found
I am not able to send or receive email thru outlook 2002. My ISP is bellsouth. I can use email thru webmail but not thru outlook. When I try to send the email, the message is: "Operation failed. An object cannot be found." This is a brand new Dell machine. I contacted their support # and they are no help. Help! Please! rhonrhon ...

Link Excel cell data to Powerpoint text boxes
Hi there I am using Excel 2002. On cell A1, I have text "Apple", On cell A2, I have text "Banana". I also have a powerpoint file with two text boxes What i wanna do: 1) To create a link between this Excel file and this Powerpoint files. So, that, "Apple" will appear in one text box in Powerpoint, and "Banana" will appear in another text box. 2) Also, whatever i change or update the Excel cell e.g. "Apple", it will be changed in Powerpoint automatically. Any tips? Thanks a lot. cheers:) Jon Peltier a Excel MVP has a macro that will d...

Retroactive filter between two sheets?
I have two sheets - one with rows A-I and ID numbers 1-9 (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel1.jpg ), another with the same ID numbers 1-9, but instead of the lettered row, one with various colors (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel2.jpg ). I have a filter on the second sheet so I can sort by color to see all the IDs that have that color (IE red has 1,3,4,8), and vice versa with the numbers. How would I set it up so that I could sort the second sheet by the various colors and have Excel simultaneously sort the first sheet in the sa...

excel extract data from one sheet to another
a b c Name Vault Rank Blake, Jasmine 7.900 1 Fattouche, Chloe 7.600 3 Fattouche, Nicole 7.700 2 Pratt, Erika 6.100 5 Salem, Alexandra 6.300 4 Mills, Sara 7.700 2 Ranked compares each via =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5<$C$5:$C$148),1/COUNTIF($C$5:$C$148,$C$5:$C$148&""))+1 This data is on one sheet and already calculated the rank. Need to pull the top three and put on seprate work sheet. Including ties. Name Vault Rank Blake, Jasmine 7.900 1 Fattouche, Nicole 7.700 2 Mills,Sara ...

VBA Borders in Excel 2007
The code below is designed to put medium outline and thin inside borders on each page of a mulitpage excel worksheet. It used the BeforePrint event to do this. It worked in Excel 2003 but in 2007 on a 2 page worksheet when it calls Sub MixedBorders the bottom medium border gets erased on the first page. What do I need to change? Or is this a bug in 2007? Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) FormatBeforePrint End Sub Public Sub FormatBeforePrint() Dim startRow As Long Dim endRow As Long Dim startColumn As Integer Dim endCo...

Exchange Server 2000 Version
Good article about Exchange 2000 version: http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx When I check my version from Exchange System Manager I am at 6249.4 but when I look in the BIN folder my versions are all over the place. 5.0.XX, 5.5.XX, 6.0.249.1, 6.0.6249.4, 6.0.6556.5, etc. Should I have all of these different versions? What version am I actually at? Thanks, bshort1023 On 19 Sep 2005 09:38:55 -0700, bshort1023@yahoo.com wrote: >Good article about Exchange 2000 version: > >http://blogs.msdn.com/evand/archive/2005/01/05/347023.aspx > >When I check my v...

Cannot change the font size for Property Sheet
Hi, The issue that I am facing is described below: The requirement is to change the font size of Property Sheet and the corresponding Property Pages displayed there in. Even though at design time I change the font size of individual property pages to 12 pixels, at run time they are still displayed in 8 pixel font size. Another approach that I tried was to programatically set the font size explicitly in both property sheet and individual property pages, but still it does not help. Is there any specific thing that I should take into consideration? Regards, Mona "Mona" <mona.j...