No blank lines in text files #2

When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In
Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in
the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one
column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly
(including empty lines?)

Oops, managed to send the same question twice! How can one delete a subject?

"Charlie Gotwald" wrote:

> When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In
> Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in
> the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one
> column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly
> (including empty lines?)

Text on a Circle, version 2
Howdy Folks! I've posted a new version of my text-on-a-circle generator. The new features allow you to: - Position text inside or outside of the circle - Change the direction that the text flows to clockwise or counter-clockwise - Shrink or grow the spacing between the characters for tighter or looser text You can find it here: Circular Text Generator (version 2) http://www.visguy.com/2008/01/05/circular-text-generator-version-2/ -- Enjoy, Chris Roth Visio MVP Register for the 2008 Microsoft Office Visio Conference! http://www.msvisioconference.com/ Visio Guy: Smart Graphi...

Finding text
I am using Excel 2007, I have a column containing formulas that would return a name if true and a zero if false. I want to search the column for the text entry and return that text as the answer. Can I do this or should the column formulas be changed to something else? The "T" formula seems to work only for one cell not the whole column. It's not real clear what you want to do. Here's my best guess... Assume you want to know if John is in the range. =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"John"),"John","not found") Better to use a cell to hold the criter...

Delete blank rows Macro
Using MS Excel 2000. Help creating a macro please. I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to delete the entire row. Thanks in advance. -- Richard "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD28F95E-58CF-4961-A3AD-E37FC68AE0F4@microsoft.com... > Using MS Excel 2000. > Help creating a macro please. > > I need to search the range A1:A10000 and if the cell is blank I want to > delete the entire row. > > Thanks in advance. > -- > Richard Something like Sub DeleteRowsIfBlank() Dim lrow as Long...

Report = Blank?
Hello, I have a report that I got from this forum, and when I use it, everything is fine. The problem I am currently having though is if say I try and generate the report using RegisterID & Date then I get a blank report...if I try one or the other, then I am fine...I pretty much tried every angle with RegisterID and with Date, and nothing...any advise would be great, as I have seen this happen with other reports as well, where the final outcome is a blank report. Thank You, Vince "When I run into problems, we more often than not fix them ourselves. Can't put a price on ...

Extracting Text from a Cell
I have a column in excell that has 1-4 names in each cell. I would like to extract the names into 4 seperate cells (column). The names are seperated by a comma and a soft return. I'd appreciate any help. Look at Data>Text To Columns -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2031101c4588f$bfe1f240$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a column in excell that has 1-4 names in each cell. > I would like to extra...

Searching based on text
I am building an Excel to recall stats for TV sports. There are three workbooks, Home, Away and League. The league sheet has all of last season's stats. In all workbooks the player's name is in column A. Because each player has different stats based on his position, I want to select the columns returned based on a text string. Example: In cell A4 of the home sheet is the name JOE SMITH. In A4 is the text CB. In cell B5 is the name JOHN DOE and in B4 the text QB. For the CB it needs to return stats from column G, H, J and N based on the player's name. For the QB...

How Do I Share an Excel Workbook on line with 3 others?
Help tells me that I open the application Tools Online WebDiscussions If nothing happens click Discussions Which asks me to add a discussion server and it is at this point that I get stuck. Does anyone know what discussion servers are out there. I have searched in Excel and here but I keep being told that I should type in the Discussion Server set up by my administrator. It's a home computer ergo I am the administrator and would welcome help on this extremely timely issue. Many thanks Rosee ...

Lined Calendar?
On Calendar Templates (either already created or I can create myself), how do you add light lines to the dates in each month? I like to write my schedule on lines on each date. You could create a series of lines, color them light or give them light point weight, distribute them evenly from the arrange menu. Save as a picture. With your cursor in the the table cell, fill, fill effects, browse to your lines. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Linda Sue" <Linda Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:935EE230-B434-4892-BF4D-FFA7CBB214CB@mi...

2 stacked charts
How can you have 2 stacked charts side by side? I want to compare months of data with 2 side by side stack charts. Is this possible? Thank -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Toni - You can make a clustered stacked column chart through clever arrangement of your data in the worksheet. See the details at Stephen Bullen's site: http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/Excel/SBXLPage.asp#Charting and look at the description for FunChart4 or at Bernard Liengme's site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP ht...

leading zeros in text format
I receive bulk orders via an Excel spreadsheet, containing many individual orders with reference numbers. The reference numbers may be 7-9 digits long, however the field needs to have 10 digits. The format is set to customize: 0000000000. In this manner, we always see the 10 digits regardless of the actual number. The problem we have is that we bulk-load this spreadsheet through a specific custome built bulk-loader. This reference number field must have 10 actual digits, not format digits. Therefore a number such as 00865243 becomes 865243 and then will not run through the bulk loa...

I NEED A GENIUS #2
OK Geniuses - show me what you're made of!! Can anyone answer this: When i paste in info from a web site, one of the columns contains numbers, yet when I try to refer to those numbers in formulas in other cells, it always comes up with the #VALUE! message, as though it were text in there, not numbers. Any ideas? It sounds like you have some extra "stuff" in the cell. Since it's coming from a web site, it might be non-breaking spaces (nice for formatting--awful for excel's numbers). Select that troublesome range and edit|replace find what: hit and hold the alt a...

Blank Cells #4
Hello, I am trying to do the following: 1 - In Cell A4 display the SUM of A1 + A2 + A3 if at least one of these cells is not empty. 2 - In Cell A6 display A5-A4 if both cells are not empty. How can I do this? Thank You, Miguel = Sum(A1:A3) ...and... =IF(AND(LEN(A5),LEN(A4)),A5-A4,"") -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "Shapper" <mdmoura@gmail.com> wrote in message news:25110584.2678.1325119728434.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqnd19... > Hello, > > I am trying to do ...

GP 9.2 on btrieve migration to gp 7.5/8
First I am having trouble putting GP 8.0 on a 98 machine is this not supported? Now to the good stuff, our company has been on GPA for 10 years and has now purchased GP 7.5/8. I am in need of some direction and help on the migration of this old system to the new. I am new to btrieve but not to sql which is what we have for the db sql 2k. What is the best approach to migrating this data to the new system? Hi This is a complex migration/upgrade. There are a few upgrade / migration steps you need to do to get MGP to v 7.5 / 8.0. You would need to purchase MGP migration tools from...

Deleting Blank Characters in a Cell
I have a list of names with email addresses of attendees of a seminar series that I am trying to compile into a list that can be copied and pasted into an email (using BCC as the methodology for emailing). The challenge that I have is that when these files were exported from the database to excel (not sure how), all of the cells contain exactly 100 characters even though the email address may only contain 13-20 characters. Is there a way to "trim" the blank characters after the last character that is used by a letter instead of blank character field? Thanks in advance! PZan --...

Problems copying from PDF file
When I copy an object from an Adobe Reader file and paste it into a Publisher file, I have two problems: object loses its sharpness and when I print it out, it prints out in a solid black block. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. What happens if you copy and paste into an editing program and save and then insert into Publisher. What happens if you select "paste special" and designate a specific format? What is the resolution of the picture? Where did you get the PDF? Do you have an URL? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

Blank .msg attachments
Here's an odd one, When an email has been forwarded to, or replyed to and is using the 'attach as attachment' option (as opposed to embed text), the message is delivered with attachment, but the attachment appears blank. It is only .msg attachments that have this problem, everything else gets thru fine (.doc, ..xls, .exe etc.) The attachment is 64bytes long, and has nothing in it. Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 and Outlook 2003 being used. Any ideas anyone? -- The man with no shoes. MCSE (W2K3, W2K), MCSA (W2K3, W2K), MCSE+I (NT4), CCNA + others.... All replies to group pleas...

Inserting line breaks in outlines
How can we insert line breaks in outlines without triggering a new outline level number? In Corel WordPerfect there is a 'Line Break' code that will allow the user to insert a line return that does not generate a new outline level number and assures that multiple paragraphs withing that outline section remain together. This is a great feature that allows users to have numbered outline sections, but any given section can include several paragraphs of narrative as part of the section. These multi-paragraph sections expand, collapse, and move like any other outline sect...

How do I change the default background and text colour in outlook?
It is blue with white text. I can change this per email but I want it to default to black text on white background for ease. Thanks Ask your e-mail questions in a forum associated with your e-mail software. This one is for Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> &...

VB Macro #2

conditional formatting:highlight row based on blank or non-blank c
Does anyone know if, and how, is possible to use Conditional Formatting feature to automatically highlight the whole row if a specific cell in that row is non-blank (or blank)? Thank you! Hi, Yes, first select your row then in your conditional formatting select "formula is" from the drop down menu and type: =ISBLANK($A1)=FALSE or =ISBLANK($A1)=TRUE depending on weather you want the condition to apply when your cell is blank or non blank. HTH JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Counting With Blank Rows
Hi, If I have a column of numbers like this: 4 5 6 3 7 8 9 3 2 7 4 1 4 How do I count the number of items between the blanks so it will look like I have it in the example. The number to the right and bottom is the count. So, for the numbers 4,5 6 the count is three. For 7,8 9 the count is three and for the numbers 2,7,4,1 the count is four. Is there a way to do this withoug using a macro? Thanks. Hi, You need to use the "count" function. If the rows in your example are 1-12 and the column is A, for the first group you'd type in (in column B) "=count(a1:a...

Access Default File Format
All of our users are running Access XP. The default file format is Access 2000, so every new database created uses this format. We need to change 50 users options so that new databases are created in Access 2002 format. I haven't found an easy way to automate this or script it. It appears to be user specific and not machine specific. Can anyone help? Take a look at this article from the MSDN library. It is for A2K but there may be a newer version or this one might give you enough info to find the specific setting you need. Setting Global Options Programmatically in Access 2000 http...

Charting blanks as spaces
I know you can chart blank cells as spaces by clicking it in the options...this is a little different. The cell it is charting as an if function in it to display a blank cell. example: =if(D3="","",D5-D3) So when D3 is blank it should display in cell D6 a blank. But when it charts it, it charts it as a zero. I want it to chart it as a gap. I tried =if(D3="",NA(),D5-D3), This way i get a "#N/A" error in my cell, which i can hide through conditional formating. but when i click display>data labels>values in chart options it displays "#...

I want to be able to load a 24-bit bitmap from a file. What is the way to go about it? Rahul If it is a bitmap file, ::LoadImage will work just fine. But in the absence of any knowledge about the file format, that's about all that can be said. joe On 21 Aug 2006 04:46:53 -0700, "rahulthathoo" <rahul.thathoo@gmail.com> wrote: >I want to be able to load a 24-bit bitmap from a file. What is the way >to go about it? > >Rahul Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm &...

Can't add contract lines to a contract. Error.
When I try to add a new contract line to any contract I recieve the folloing message: Title: Microsoft CRM Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. There is a message in the Application Log: Source: Microsoft CRM Type: Error EventID: 2 ..... MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------- Error: Type mismatch. Error Message: Type mismatch. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError (Exc...