Next sequential number on a different form

Is there a way to do this:

I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th
Proposal number.

Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos
current Proposal number?

I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1

What should I do in Excel:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michae

"daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
> I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the
> Proposal number.
> Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the most
> current Proposal number?

Assuming the list of proposal numbers is in Sheet1, col A

In Sheet2:

Put in say, A1:
=MAX(Sheet1!A:A)
or
=MAX(Sheet1!A:A)+1
(to get the next number)
--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)
8/19/2004 3:22:35 PM
If your proposal #'s are in column A, try:

=MAX(A:A)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

Table vs. query in forms
I've seen the practice of using queries in forms. Is this recommended? Why? That is... I am pretty much making data entry forms and am basing them off of the tables. Should I be making queries of these tables and basing the forms off of these instead? If so, should this practice include "look up tables" (tables that I'm using in multiple combo boxes for multiple fields on the form - they just have an ID (primary key) and a field for categories such as "0-25%", "26-50%", etc.)? Thanks, Jill Jill, As long as your record source ...

Inventory numbers
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will automatically input a new item number when I enter a new item on a list. Easy enough, but the catch is I want the item number to remain assoicated with the item regardless of sorting. In the classic Excel Help file manner I will explain what I want. Current on screen data A\B\C 1\Oranges\52 2\Apples\34 3\Bananas\97 If I sort by column B: A\B\C 2\Apples\34 3\Bananas\97 1\Oranges\52 Now I add another item (cherries\63) to the next available row (B5). I want my output to look like this: (Note the number 4 is automated) A\B\C 2\Apples\34 3\...

Convert Numbers to Text with a Source Code list
I have a column of data with numbers relating to specific industries. Each row corresponds to an individual and their affiliated industries. Some cells contain 1 number and some contain several (separated by commas). I would like to break this column apart into each individual industry for separate columns. The corresponding person would have an x in the column that refers to the industry they relate to. I have a separate sheet for what each code (number) means. HELP! Have you checked out Data -> Text to Columns... To split out your numbers? -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson ...

How do I turn off the caps lock on a form?
Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but the default for the form seems to be only CAPS. I need this new filed to have both upper and lower case letters (as well as numbers). Thanks Hi Linda, Where are you seeing only CAPS? If the new control is a textbox, when the user types in the textbox, does the entry format as all caps? Are you seeing caps in design view of the form? Jeanette Cunningham "Linda Davies" <Linda Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AB3DB52-2D7B-4272-884A-63D37E94E8A9@microsoft.com... > Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but ...

Number fields will not accept values in CRM 3.0 09-25-06
I just installed CRM 3.0 and I'm having an issue where I enter a number in a number field such as price (contractdetail) and as soon as I click off it goes blank. Fields which are text seem to work fine. Anyone have any ideas or seen this before? Here are some additional infos: System/Environment Using Windows 2003 with SQL 2005 Does this happen with every number field? Yes, it happens with every number field in contractdetail Does it matter what user you are logged in as? No, it doesn't matter! Do you have custom number fields that this is happening to as well? Yes, it happens ...

IE8 Page numbering
I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3. When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a &u& . How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of &u&. Thanks IE File | Page Setup | ... Charles Eaves wrote: > I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3. > When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a > &u& . > How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of &u&. ...

Pulling out right ID number
In a criteria form I have 10 comboboxes of which, if filled, its values are used as criteria in corresponding queries (on different linked tables) which all result in an independent set of the same type of ID numbers. Now I only want to pull out those ID numbers of the records that meet all criteria. With every solution I think of I end up with a lot of match queries and I assume there is an easier way. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks, Lars Hi Lars, have a look at this search form http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html It has a very easy and efficien...

Next Cheque Number
Hi, Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset? I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has changed it through the maintenance routine? Thanks -- Jean I tried different tests and couldn't replicate. I haven't had any reports from Customers over the years. -- Mick "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the >...

I am using a tree control (MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2) in a form...
and want to be able to change the font color of items in the tree based on certain criteria. Also, I would like to display information about the item highlighted on the tree control onto another part of the form by passing the value of the item on the tree control into the forms query. Can anyone help? You can set the color of a particular node via code such as: nodx.ForeColor = vbRed 'using named colors or nodx.ForeColor = RGB(255,0,128) 'using rgb colors or nodx.ForeColor = 4194432 'using color code as in Access properties Just put the statement into an If s...

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

Error: Too Many Different Cell Formats
All, Recently, while working with a large Excel 2000 workbook, I encountered an error. The error read "Too many different cell formats." After clicking "OK" I saved and closed the workbook. Unfortunately, now, my workbook will not open!!! Microsoft's fix posted on their website is to reduce the file formats in the workbook. However, once you've closed the workbook, it is impossible to open it again. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem. My last backup file is over two weeks old!!! Thanks, Mike Some people have reported success opening the fi...

sub form datasheet
my question is how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not data sheet form thank you AFAIK, you *cannot* change the color of column headings in a form in Datasheet view. but you can set the form to ContinuousForms view, and format the form to look like a datasheet, then you'll have full control of the labels used as column headers. hth "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23kSLZxb0HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > my question is > how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not > data sheet ...

Serial number error in sales order entry window (2nd post)
I'm reposting this because there was no response to my first post. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had this problem. I noticed that one of my coworkers invoiced and added (overided) a serial number into the Great Plains instead of allocating one of the existing ones. How do I return this serial number w/out affecting my inventory? I need to: 1. Return the item w/the wrong serial number. 2. Reinvoice the correct serial number. 3. NOT HAVE THE WRONG SERIAL NUMBER STUCK IN MY INVENTORY. How do I do this? Hi Paoakalani Try looking at Serial Number edit, by Blue Moon...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Controlling Sequential Numbers
I have been researching using sequential numbers for invoices an purchase orders, but all of them seem to advance the number eithe every time the document is opened or saved. My purchase order is par of a larger file, and since I will be opening and saving the fil without necessarily writing a purchase order I need more control ove its advancement. I was wondering how I could create a button that whe pressed or selected would advance the number by 1? Also, how could make it create a unique number depending on who's creating the purchas order. For example, let's say the user is ...

Making a form Maximize when opened?
How do I do this? "m galvin" <mgalvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BE1B7CF-E57A-42D5-B103-8A48E657C0E5@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? In the form's Open event, execute the statement: DoCmd.Maximize Note that maximizing a form also maximizes any other (non-popup) forms and reports, so you may want to restore things when the form closes. In that case, you could use the form's Close event to execute the statement DoCmd.Restore You can also do the same thing using the corresponding macro actions, Maximize an...

Outlook form cache problem
In the company where I work, we use custom forms without code. The custom forms are used as a forced form when a new appointment or meeting request is made in a resource calendar (in a public folder). When an existing appointment is opened, most of the time the form is showed. However several times a week there is a problem with the form cache and the default appointment form is displayed instead of the custom form. The problems occur when the user has opened multiple appointments in the same resource calendar. The custom forms in other resource calendars are still available for this u...

Numbering Headers/
Hi Silver, Try going to File/Page Setup/Header-Footer/Custom Header/Should be the button shown in the header box with the # sign in it. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498476 ...

Sequential Numbering
I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does anyone know the secret? Thanks. Hi Scott (scottmarsh@excite.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to automatically print sequential numbers on individual || cards on 8.5" x 11" business card stock (to create tickets) using MS || Publisher and cannot figure out how to get it to do this. Does || anyone know the secret? Thanks. Check out the following tutorial:...

How do I draw shapes on a user form? (VBA Excel 2007)
I'm trying to draw shapes on a user form (ie arrows, circles, ovals, etc). Can this be done? hi, ! > I'm trying to draw shapes on a user form (ie arrows, circles, ovals, etc). > Can this be done? try with this: Drawing on userform (Excel 2000 and above) http://www.andypope.info/vba/userformdraw.htm hth, hector. ...

Sub forms procedure execution order
Hi I have a Booking Form which contains 2 Sub Forms, Customer Details and Booking Details. I also have a Customers form in a seperate part of the system, and I am trying to make a link - New Booking, which opens the Booking Form with the selected Customer Details, ready to add new booking details. I used a global variable glob_form_name. When the New Booking button is clicked on the Customers form, it sets glob_form_name to "Customers". In my Booking Form, I put On Load procedures in the Customer Details subform and the Booking Details subform. In the Customer Details form , if glob...

Style added to "next page"
I have a document that I am using styles in. When I want to force a new page and apply a style to the first line in the new page, the style is also applied to the "next page" code. This would not be a problem, except the style I am using puts a shaded box around the text. So that leaves me with a shaded box at the end of the previous page. I can't find any where to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the style code: Font: Bold, Space After: 12 pt, No widow/orphan control, Don't keep with next, Don't keep lines together, Level 2, Patter...

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

LOOKUPS
I am having a problem with one of my spreadsheets for my GNVQ I.T. coursework. Please help! My spreadsheet is for a boat hire company. On one table is a list of the boats, times to hire the boats and the cost to hire the boat for that amount of time. eg. Boat One | 2 hours | �25 (per head) Boat One | 3 hours | �35 (per head) Boat Two | 2 hours | �30 (per head) etc. etc. On another sheet, there is a table that lists the customers that have hired the boats, which boat they hired, how many people are on the boat and the time it has been hired for. eg. Mr R Brown | Boat One | 3 hours | 4 people ...