Next sequential number on a different form

Is there a way to do this:

I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th
Proposal number.

Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos
current Proposal number?

I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1

What should I do in Excel:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Michae

"daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
> I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the
> Proposal number.
> Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the most
> current Proposal number?

Assuming the list of proposal numbers is in Sheet1, col A

In Sheet2:

Put in say, A1:
=MAX(Sheet1!A:A)
or
=MAX(Sheet1!A:A)+1
(to get the next number)
--
Rgds
Max

0
demechanik (4694)
8/19/2004 3:22:35 PM
If your proposal #'s are in column A, try:

=MAX(A:A)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

0
jason.morin (561)

Form Default Value
The following is code for a UserForm. The Value of A1 in Sheet2 contains the value that I want to use as the default value for this form. The value of A1 is dynamic, and is the same as one of the values in the CombinedBankNames List. How do I do this please. Thanks, Bernie Private Sub CombinedBankNames_Change() boxvalue = CombinedBankNames.Value Call MoveBankData End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim MyArray As Variant 'Where mylist is the named range MyArray = Range("CombinedData") CombinedBankNames.List = MyArray End Sub This seemed to work ok: Option Explic...

Form with a tab control
Hello, I've made a form with tabs on it. For some reason, when this form loads, the form is partially off the screen to the left until I hit a tab. Once this occurs, the form centers itself on the screen. Does anyone know what is the culprit for this? Thank you! Is the form large enough that you can see the entire tab control? I've run into this problem when I put the tab control on the right side of the screen and the actual size of the form was not quite large enough to display the whole form. HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! Email add...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

XP and Outlook different than CRM client?
Is it possible or supported to install CRM 3.0 English Outlook Client Laptop version to operating system which is not English version. Or is it supported to install different version of Laptop Client than Outlook is. For example finnish version of CRM client to english version of Outlook. Hello Mikey, Is it possible to install different language versions of you CRM Client then the language of Outlook BUT please NOTICE that you will get a mixture of 2 languages. Because CRM is integrated in Outlook you can see for example: English Outlook Finnish CRM CRM buttons in finnish and you con...

Send thru different accounts
Hi, I have 4 pop3 email accounts. I normally send through one account and my return address is set up xxxx@yyyy.com. Account 2 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@qqqq.com Account 3 has a different domain and my address is xxxxx@llll.com. How come no matter what account I send my email through the return address is always xxxx@yyyy.com? When I review each account they all show that they have their own email address associated. It kinda defeats the purpose to have the same email return address going out on each email I send regardless of the domain I use. Any Ideas? Thanks ...

Printing Forms/Reports Containing Hyperlinks
I have a form I created that contains hyperlinks to a dashboard. When I print the form/report, it also prints the "Back to Dashboard" hyperlink. How do I suppress printing of hyperlinks on forms? Two possibilities come to mind. First, you could add a Print command button and have one of the actions of that button change the font color of the hyperlink text to white - so it would still print but not be visible - and then change it back after the print operation was done. Not particularly difficult to do, but if you aren't the sole user of the workbook, others might just sel...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Numbering oddly
Qt based on Word 2007 Is there an easy way to set numbering to the following: 1. 3. 5. And so on Use the following field construction { = { SEQ Odd } * 2 - 1 } You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and use Alt+F9 to toggle off their display. After creating the field construction, you could select it (and probably the following tab) and create an autotext entry of it to facilitate its use. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins ...

summary count of unique numbers
I am trying to create a supplier delivery performance spreadsheet and I need to be able to show a count of the total number of unique orders placed for each supplier. The worksheet is sub-totalled on a count of the number of receipts made but one order can have one to many receipts. SuppNo OrderNo ReceiptNo 123 9961 1 456 9978 16 456 9982 33 789 9999 46 789 9999 57 Therefore SuppNo 123 has 1 Order(s) and 1 Receipt(s) 456 ...

how do i get numbers from a text string
If I have a text string that includes numbers ex. "Zack 2345 West" how do I pull out 2345 into a different cell? The location of the numbers will vary. Hi if they are always four digits long, surrounded by a space then you can use either the data / text to column option using space as the delimination character or the following formula: =MID(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1)+1,4) Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "Zack D" <Zack D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA5DF533-4ED3-4CD3-9AFE-0F6976E40CE6@microsoft.com... > If I have a text string that...

Linking PS2003 schedule to a different workspace
I need to be able to de-link two project schedules (in PS2003) from their current workspaces and then re-link them to the other workspace. Can anyone please advise how to do this? Thanks Peter Hi NoviceUser, I don't think that this is possible. -- Regards, Ben. "NoviceUser" wrote: > I need to be able to de-link two project schedules (in PS2003) from their > current workspaces and then re-link them to the other workspace. Can anyone > please advise how to do this? > > Thanks > Peter Hello Peter. Yes you can definately associat...

Pivot and form retrieve data
does anybody know about the way how to retrieve data into pivot table which is locked as form ? Example: I have the form and I need only to update daily data in cells but in the certain positions, because pivot changes rows after the upate. How to do it ? thanx / m68 You can use the GetPivotData function to extract specific data. There's information in Excel's Help files, and a couple of examples here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html merlin68 wrote: > does anybody know about the way how to retrieve data into pivot table which is locked as form ? > Example: ...

Maximum number of characters in merged cells
Is there a maximum number of characters a merged cells will hold? I have a text field of merged cells however, after about 11 rows all of the text does not show even though it looks like there is room for the additional text. Bill, Do a search in help with "Specifications" and you will find: Length of cell contents (text): 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar Bernard "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2366FCA-2E93-42E3-82A5-92316657DF4C@microsoft.com... > Is there a maximu...

Calculating the Difference in a Query
I need to calculate the difference between two fields in a query. The query is called “qryRemote” and within the query are the fields “10-8Time” and “10- 97Time”. The data entered into these fields are in the format “0000” through to “2400”. I need to subtract the “10-8Time from the “10-97Time” and then sum the results and display the result in a report. For example, after the query is run the results are: 10-8Time 10-97Time --------------------------------- 1307 1331 1858 1909 2018 2023 First the difference is determined: 10-8Time is subtracted form t...

Where are auto-complete values stored in browser forms
My browsers (IE and Firefox) keep values of auto-complete for form fields (eg what I've entered for Google searches in the past). Where is this kept? How do I find all the lists for the different kinds of fields that kept in my PC? Not an Office's Outlook question. Ask in a Windows forum. "Hall" wrote: > My browsers (IE and Firefox) keep values of auto-complete for form fields > (eg what I've entered for Google searches in the past). > > Where is this kept? How do I find all the lists for the different kinds of > fields that kept in my PC? &g...

Workbook with different queries on each worksheet
I have several workbooks to which I copy the current spreadsheet to create a new one. Then I edit the query to the database (only on the new worksheet) to reflect a different time period. In 2003 it was a breeze, I just editted the query , saved it and returned the data to the worksheet. Piece of cake. In 2007, the onnly way I have found to do this is to open the properties of the connection, change tabs and select edit query , make changes and return data and OK my way out of the all the pop-ups. IS there an easier way to do this? Why are the external connection options grayed out? Sh...

Adding a ' to the front of a column of numbers
Hello everyone, I have two columns of numbers in excess of 35,000 lines. I need to do look up from to the other. The problem I'm running into is that th first set of numbers has a ' in front it but the other one doesn't. Example: First column '123456 Second column 123456 I want to add the ' in front one column and I'm having some problems. Concatenating isn't seeming to work. Any ideas? Thank you, Eddi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi why not remove the ' from the other column. e.g. with a macro such as: sub remove_it()...

assign numeric value to letters and sum with other numbers
I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving the letters a numerical equivalent? -- WJG On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:19:01 -0800, Galadad <Galadad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I apologize if I am duplicating an earlier question, but I can't find the >answer. How do I sum a row or column that has numbers and letters by giving >the letters a numerical equivalent? Could you give an example of input and expected output. Lars-�ke Just guessing...

Finding next blank cell
Hi all, I use this code to find the last non blank cell. ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Select How would I modify this to select the next blank cell after that cell? Rob Rob ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Offset(1,0).Select Regards Trevor "rob nobel" <robnobel@dodo.com.au> wrote in message news:#$NfmCwqDHA.1656@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > I use this code to find the last non blank cell. > ActiveSheet.Range("G65336").End(xlUp).Select > How would I modify this to select the next blank cell after that cell? &g...

Access 97 to 2003
I'm converting a legacy db (not my code!) I have a form with a linked subform (master/child) with code in the subform load event The subform code tests the value of a field in the subform and reacts accordingly Sometimes the child subform has data, sometimes not, depending on the record in the main form There seem to be two differences (1) In Access 97 the load event seems to only fire if there is data to show in the subform - if no records, then no event In Access 2003, it seems the event fires every time (2) In Access 2003, in cases where there IS data for the subform, I get an error wh...

How do I set a macro to print variable number of pages in excel?
I have a worksheet that calculates total nuber of packages of a consignment; I am now trying to run a macro that would print as many labels as the total number of packages, which could be as little as one or as much as 50. I tried to copy and paste into the pages box of the print screen, but it didn't work. Does anybody have a solution? The excel version is Office 2000. Thanks Livio, Put the print instruction in a for-next loop. If the number of packages is in, say Cell T6 then: For PrintRun = 1 To Range("T6").Value Print a label Next PrintRun Henry "Livio" &...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

Constant number of lines per group
I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the correct location on the paper. I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it indicates that it works only through version 97. Hoping it would still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work for me in Access 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073 Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007? TIA. "... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much. Did Access print anything?...

Shift and number
Hi, This started happening while I was working in Excel 2000, I tried to use the equal sign "=" in a formula and instead of getting the equal sign I was getting Pts instead. And the ")" was giving me something different. This only happens in Excel. Anybody has had this problem? Thanks Hello No idea why this should happen in Excel. But you can take advantage of Excel's CODE and CHAR functions. If A1 contains "=" then Code(A1) returns 61. To enter an equals sign from the keyboard, Hols down the ALT key and using the number pad type "61" then...

Recordset backed form
Hi. * Have a form which is backed by a ADODB.Recordset. * Form does not have all the required fields * Hence I need to programmatically add those fields just before the Recordset NewRecord is inserted * Form methods BeforeUpdate when called, the Recordset is still NOT in AddNew state * Hence I can't find a place where I CAN insert the fields that are NOT on the form into the Recordset * CONSTRAINT: Invisible fields do work, but is not an option - thats just how it is! * NOTE: all other CRUD operations are fine. So is this doable? Riyaz Sorry, but saying "thats just ho...