Next Date given one date

At this time, I cannot use VBA.  Here is my objective:

For a given treasury note security:
Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date
Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date 

I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next 
coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of 
the "first coupon date".

Logically speaking: 
* Security pays 2 times each year
* Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15
* Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04.
* Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04.

Can this be accomplished without VBA.

Any help is most appreciated.

Thank you.
0
anonymous (74717)
6/17/2004 1:45:49 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

9 Replies
1118 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

If you're willing to use the Analysis Toolpak Add-in (Tools/Add-ins...), 
you can use COUPNCD:


    =COUPNCD(TODAY(),DATE(2029,1,15),2)


In article <1dfa901c45471$65dd3510$a001280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Katharine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> At this time, I cannot use VBA.  Here is my objective:
> 
> For a given treasury note security:
> Cell A1, Date 6/17/2004 - today's date
> Cell A2, Date 7/15/1997 - first coupon date 
> 
> I want to identify the "previous coupon date" and "next 
> coupon date" from today's date based on the frequency of 
> the "first coupon date".
> 
> Logically speaking: 
> * Security pays 2 times each year
> * Based on first coupon date, pay dates are: 1/15 & 7/15
> * Given today is 6/17/04, the next pay date is 7/15/04.
> * Given today is 6/17/04, the previous pay date is 1/15/04.
> 
> Can this be accomplished without VBA.
> 
> Any help is most appreciated.
> 
> Thank you.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
6/17/2004 2:20:44 PM
I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up in
B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
get their sum).


Maybe there is another way.


What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he holds
by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of units
held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund


0
rcayne (5)
6/20/2004 4:46:54 AM
This file might be a help:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.

The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.

There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
and capture an error condition.

The code is open and commented.

There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm

(and please don't cross post ;-)
-- 
Regards
Andy Wiggins
www.BygSoftware.com
Home of "Save and BackUp",
"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"



"Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
> I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
> For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
> command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
> far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
in
> B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
> the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
> get their sum).
>
>
> Maybe there is another way.
>
>
> What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
> Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
holds
> by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
> fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
units
> held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
> in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
> problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
>
>


0
6/20/2004 8:37:03 AM
I think I don;t quite understand this!.

Clients are in column A. Eg. Products in B2-Z26. Units held in products are
held in Columns Eg.  AA2-AX2. where AA2 contains the number of units held by
under product 1 etc.  If Client holds more than 1 of the same product. eg. XXX
Fund in B2 and XXX Fund in G2 and XXX Fund in H2. How do I get the total of
units held in this fund?? That is the problem . I do not have a problem in
establishing the amount of units on the first match of the fund lookup in A1.
The problem occurs if the same fund is held by the same client eg Product G2 or
G3 which may have been acquired at a different point in time.

Clear as mud !

Andy Wiggins wrote:

> This file might be a help:
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
> It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
>
> In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
> workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.
>
> The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
> INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
> function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.
>
> There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
> and capture an error condition.
>
> The code is open and commented.
>
> There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
> http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm
>
> (and please don't cross post ;-)
> --
> Regards
> Andy Wiggins
> www.BygSoftware.com
> Home of "Save and BackUp",
> "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"
>
> "Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
> > I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
> > For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
> > command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
> > far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
> in
> > B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
> > the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
> > get their sum).
> >
> >
> > Maybe there is another way.
> >
> >
> > What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
> > Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
> holds
> > by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
> > fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
> units
> > held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
> > in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
> > problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
> >
> >

0
rcayne (5)
6/20/2004 8:20:31 PM
Unless I misunderstand the exercise (a small illustration, say 3 rows 
and 9 columns, would have been immensely helpful), with the client name 
in BA1 and the product name in BB1, then unless I made an error in 
converting the formula in my small test range to the one needed in your 
large stated range

=SUMIF(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":Z"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)),BB1,INDIRECT("AA"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":AX"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)))

By the way, you stated 25 columns of products and 24 columns of units.

Alan Beban

Ronald Cayne wrote:

> I think I don;t quite understand this!.
> 
> Clients are in column A. Eg. Products in B2-Z26. Units held in products are
> held in Columns Eg.  AA2-AX2. where AA2 contains the number of units held by 
> under product 1 etc.  If Client holds more than 1 of the same product. eg. XXX
> Fund in B2 and XXX Fund in G2 and XXX Fund in H2. How do I get the total of
> units held in this fund?? That is the problem . I do not have a problem in
> establishing the amount of units on the first match of the fund lookup in A1.
> The problem occurs if the same fund is held by the same client eg Product G2 or
> G3 which may have been acquired at a different point in time.
> 
> Clear as mud !
> 
> Andy Wiggins wrote:
> 
> 
>>This file might be a help:
>>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
>>It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
>>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
>>
>>In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
>>workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.
>>
>>The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
>>INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
>>function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.
>>
>>There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
>>and capture an error condition.
>>
>>The code is open and commented.
>>
>>There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
>>http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm
>>
>>(and please don't cross post ;-)
>>--
>>Regards
>>Andy Wiggins
>>www.BygSoftware.com
>>Home of "Save and BackUp",
>>"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"
>>
>>"Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
>>news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
>>
>>>I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
>>>For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
>>>command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
>>>far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
>>
>>in
>>
>>>B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
>>>the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
>>>get their sum).
>>>
>>>
>>>Maybe there is another way.
>>>
>>>
>>>What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
>>>Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
>>
>>holds
>>
>>>by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
>>>fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
>>
>>units
>>
>>>held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
>>>in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
>>>problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
>>>
>>>
> 
> 
0
unavailable (273)
6/20/2004 9:23:25 PM
"Alan Beban" <unavailable@no.com> wrote...
....
>=SUMIF(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":Z"
>&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)),BB1,INDIRECT("AA"
>&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":AX"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)))
....

One problem: if BA1 matched the value in cell A2, then MATCH would return 1,
making the formula equivalent to

=SUMIF(B1:Z1,BB1,AA1:AX1)

Looks like an off-by-one index bug.

Aside from this, if the formula above does what the OP wants, so would

=SUMIF(INDEX(B2:Z26,MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0),0),BB1,
INDEX(AA2:AY26,MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0),0))


0
hrlngrv (1990)
6/21/2004 6:36:38 AM
Example file is at the following location. I had trouble uploading a file here

ftp://guest.crescentauctions.com:guest@crescentauctions.com/

The file name is test_file


Many thanks Alan for your help. If you can solve my problem using the indirect command would you kindly explain how it is working for
this solutione.



Regards

Ron

Alan Beban wrote:

> Unless I misunderstand the exercise (a small illustration, say 3 rows
> and 9 columns, would have been immensely helpful), with the client name
> in BA1 and the product name in BB1, then unless I made an error in
> converting the formula in my small test range to the one needed in your
> large stated range
>
> =SUMIF(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":Z"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)),BB1,INDIRECT("AA"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":AX"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)))
>
> By the way, you stated 25 columns of products and 24 columns of units.
>
> Alan Beban
>
> Ronald Cayne wrote:
>
> > I think I don;t quite understand this!.
> >
> > Clients are in column A. Eg. Products in B2-Z26. Units held in products are
> > held in Columns Eg.  AA2-AX2. where AA2 contains the number of units held by
> > under product 1 etc.  If Client holds more than 1 of the same product. eg. XXX
> > Fund in B2 and XXX Fund in G2 and XXX Fund in H2. How do I get the total of
> > units held in this fund?? That is the problem . I do not have a problem in
> > establishing the amount of units on the first match of the fund lookup in A1.
> > The problem occurs if the same fund is held by the same client eg Product G2 or
> > G3 which may have been acquired at a different point in time.
> >
> > Clear as mud !
> >
> > Andy Wiggins wrote:
> >
> >
> >>This file might be a help:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
> >>It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
> >>
> >>In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
> >>workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.
> >>
> >>The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
> >>INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
> >>function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.
> >>
> >>There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
> >>and capture an error condition.
> >>
> >>The code is open and commented.
> >>
> >>There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm
> >>
> >>(and please don't cross post ;-)
> >>--
> >>Regards
> >>Andy Wiggins
> >>www.BygSoftware.com
> >>Home of "Save and BackUp",
> >>"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"
> >>
> >>"Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >>news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
> >>
> >>>I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
> >>>For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
> >>>command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
> >>>far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
> >>
> >>in
> >>
> >>>B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
> >>>the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
> >>>get their sum).
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Maybe there is another way.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
> >>>Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
> >>
> >>holds
> >>
> >>>by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
> >>>fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
> >>
> >>units
> >>
> >>>held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
> >>>in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
> >>>problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> >

0
rcayne (5)
6/24/2004 3:18:26 AM
The ftp address should have been:

ftp://guest.crescentauctions.com:guest@crescentauctions.com

Ronald Cayne wrote:

> Example file is at the following location. I had trouble uploading a file here
>
> ftp://guest.crescentauctions.com:guest@crescentauctions.com/
>
> The file name is test_file
>
> Many thanks Alan for your help. If you can solve my problem using the indirect command would you kindly explain how it is working for
> this solutione.
>
> Regards
>
> Ron
>
> Alan Beban wrote:
>
> > Unless I misunderstand the exercise (a small illustration, say 3 rows
> > and 9 columns, would have been immensely helpful), with the client name
> > in BA1 and the product name in BB1, then unless I made an error in
> > converting the formula in my small test range to the one needed in your
> > large stated range
> >
> > =SUMIF(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":Z"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)),BB1,INDIRECT("AA"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":AX"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)))
> >
> > By the way, you stated 25 columns of products and 24 columns of units.
> >
> > Alan Beban
> >
> > Ronald Cayne wrote:
> >
> > > I think I don;t quite understand this!.
> > >
> > > Clients are in column A. Eg. Products in B2-Z26. Units held in products are
> > > held in Columns Eg.  AA2-AX2. where AA2 contains the number of units held by
> > > under product 1 etc.  If Client holds more than 1 of the same product. eg. XXX
> > > Fund in B2 and XXX Fund in G2 and XXX Fund in H2. How do I get the total of
> > > units held in this fund?? That is the problem . I do not have a problem in
> > > establishing the amount of units on the first match of the fund lookup in A1.
> > > The problem occurs if the same fund is held by the same client eg Product G2 or
> > > G3 which may have been acquired at a different point in time.
> > >
> > > Clear as mud !
> > >
> > > Andy Wiggins wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >>This file might be a help:
> > >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
> > >>It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
> > >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
> > >>
> > >>In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
> > >>workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.
> > >>
> > >>The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
> > >>INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
> > >>function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.
> > >>
> > >>There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
> > >>and capture an error condition.
> > >>
> > >>The code is open and commented.
> > >>
> > >>There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
> > >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm
> > >>
> > >>(and please don't cross post ;-)
> > >>--
> > >>Regards
> > >>Andy Wiggins
> > >>www.BygSoftware.com
> > >>Home of "Save and BackUp",
> > >>"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"
> > >>
> > >>"Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> > >>news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
> > >>
> > >>>I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
> > >>>For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
> > >>>command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
> > >>>far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
> > >>
> > >>in
> > >>
> > >>>B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
> > >>>the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
> > >>>get their sum).
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>Maybe there is another way.
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >>>What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
> > >>>Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
> > >>
> > >>holds
> > >>
> > >>>by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
> > >>>fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
> > >>
> > >>units
> > >>
> > >>>held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
> > >>>in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
> > >>>problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
> > >>>
> > >>>
> > >
> > >

0
rcayne (5)
6/24/2004 3:20:25 AM
Please see a sample file at the following ftp site:

ftp://guest.crescentauctions.com:guest@crescentauctions.com

I really want to understand the solution to this problem

Ron

Alan Beban wrote:

> Unless I misunderstand the exercise (a small illustration, say 3 rows
> and 9 columns, would have been immensely helpful), with the client name
> in BA1 and the product name in BB1, then unless I made an error in
> converting the formula in my small test range to the one needed in your
> large stated range
>
> =SUMIF(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":Z"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)),BB1,INDIRECT("AA"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)&":AX"&MATCH(BA1,A2:A26,0)))
>
> By the way, you stated 25 columns of products and 24 columns of units.
>
> Alan Beban
>
> Ronald Cayne wrote:
>
> > I think I don;t quite understand this!.
> >
> > Clients are in column A. Eg. Products in B2-Z26. Units held in products are
> > held in Columns Eg.  AA2-AX2. where AA2 contains the number of units held by
> > under product 1 etc.  If Client holds more than 1 of the same product. eg. XXX
> > Fund in B2 and XXX Fund in G2 and XXX Fund in H2. How do I get the total of
> > units held in this fund?? That is the problem . I do not have a problem in
> > establishing the amount of units on the first match of the fund lookup in A1.
> > The problem occurs if the same fund is held by the same client eg Product G2 or
> > G3 which may have been acquired at a different point in time.
> >
> > Clear as mud !
> >
> > Andy Wiggins wrote:
> >
> >
> >>This file might be a help:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/xindexvba.zip
> >>It's in the "Excel for Lotus 123 Users" section on page:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
> >>
> >>In Excel there is no direct equivalent for Lotus 123's XINDEX function. This
> >>workbook shows two Excel formula constructions that achieve the same result.
> >>
> >>The first example uses two additional inputs. It uses the Excel functions:
> >>INDEX and MATCH The second example uses the same inputs as the Lotus XINDEX
> >>function. It uses the Excel functions: INDEX, MATCH and OFFSET.
> >>
> >>There are also two additional pieces of VBA showing how to use this in code
> >>and capture an error condition.
> >>
> >>The code is open and commented.
> >>
> >>There's also an alternative to this using SUMPRODUCT at:
> >>http://www.bygsoftware.com/Excel/functions/sumproduct.htm
> >>
> >>(and please don't cross post ;-)
> >>--
> >>Regards
> >>Andy Wiggins
> >>www.BygSoftware.com
> >>Home of "Save and BackUp",
> >>"The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA"
> >>
> >>"Ronald Cayne" <rcayne@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> >>news:40D516BC.8AF556EF@videotron.ca...
> >>
> >>>I am looking up a text string in a1 and seeing if I have a match in a row
> >>>For example row B EXAMPLE If I have a match in B2-Z25 I use the index
> >>>command to exract a value from within the row AA2 to AX2. No problem so
> >>>far! This I can do.However what happens if the same text string turns up
> >>
> >>in
> >>
> >>>B2,G2,H2,Y2 or in more  cells from columns 1-25, how do I pull out using
> >>>the index function values in the range AA2-AX2 and combine their values(ie
> >>>get their sum).
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>Maybe there is another way.
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>What I am doing is looking up a fund name in A1. Clients names are in
> >>>Column A. If a client holds the fund I extract the number of units he
> >>
> >>holds
> >>
> >>>by using the index command to pull the number of units he holds for that
> >>>fund. Columns B-Z contain Fund names. Columns AA-AY contain number of
> >>
> >>units
> >>
> >>>held fror each fund. eg Col B is Fund 1, Colum AA is number of units held
> >>>in Fund 1. If the fund in a1 turns up more than once for a client the
> >>>problem is to determine his total number of units he holds for that fund
> >>>
> >>>
> >
> >

0
rcayne (5)
6/25/2004 2:33:07 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Next Cheque Number
Hi, Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the Chequebook Maintenance can accidently be reset? I have a customer who says that the next number has changed and they are wondering how this could have happened as it would appear that no-one has changed it through the maintenance routine? Thanks -- Jean I tried different tests and couldn't replicate. I haven't had any reports from Customers over the years. -- Mick "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Was wondering if anyone knows a way that the 'Next Cheque Number' in the >...

Stop Automatic Date Conversion
I have a CSV file that contains a field listing a school's grade span (e.g., 9 - 12). When I open this CSV file in Excel it converts these to dates. How do I stop this behavior? Changing the format of the cells is no help as the data is lost on conversion. Thanks. Change the filename to *.txt Then when you open it, you'll see excel's text import wizard. You'll be able to choose each field's format (text for those 9-12 columns). Jerry Baker wrote: > > I have a CSV file that contains a field listing a school's grade span > (e.g., 9 - 12). When I open t...

expired date
In Acess 2003 or 2007, is there a reasonably easy way to automatically send an e-mail or other alarm/message to come up when a date has expired on records pertaining to a form, perhaps on opening the form in question ? Any ideas gratefully received. David Hi, you can use docmd.sendobject, look at online help on this method for more info -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0D65CB9-2625-4B8D-98ED-CDBC421CA046@microsoft.com... &...

sheet with expiration dates
I need to set up a sheet that will show how many day's i have left before a contract will expire. One way: A1: <expiration date> A2: =TODAY()-A1 Format A2 as General. In article <A091A457-3A0A-4072-BD7E-9801D3921302@microsoft.com>, "expiration dates" <expiration dates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to set up a sheet that will show how many day's i have left before a > contract will expire. ...

export the dates of emails in outbox
Hello, Do anyone know of any way to export the dates of several email in a sent-mail outbox? I need to generate some statistics for how many emails I have answered in and I need to know how many I did each week. Is there some way to export just a list of emails by subject and date? I don't need an entire email. Sincerely, Christopher Jon Jursa ...

Need to Sum one column for each row that is part of a group and then filter out dups
I have around 53,000 rows of data with columns A-I. The first five rows for example have data for a particular student... STUDENT A. Rows 6 through 15 have data about another student... STUDENT B, and so forth. Each column per student has the same data in it with the exception of the last column, column I. Column I has the students GPA (Grade Point Averages) in it per row. So, for example, STUDENT A might have a GPA in row 1 of 4.0, a GPA in row 2 of 2.5, a GPA in row 3 of 4.0, a GPA in row 4 of 3.0, and a GPA in row 5 of 4.0. Since all data in the rows for each person has the same...

Macro needed, Two saves in One
Hi, I need some help. I have a Visio page open and I have saved it once already as a VSD file. So it already has a filename with a aVSD extension. So I'd like to be able to click a macro button that does this Application.ActiveDocument.Save then this Application.ActiveWindow.Page.Export "C:\Documents and Settings\Visio Stuff\PNG\SameFileNameAsVisioFileName.png" i.e. Export the file (keeping the same filename as the VSD name) but as a PNG in my PNG subfolder . Any help appreciated. (Should I move this to a VBA newsgroup ?) Jojo On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:46:58 +...

A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid reference
I continue to have this error come up when ever Excel recalcs and I can't figure out where it is coming from. What kind of errors would be causing this and where should I start looking. My spreadsheet is retrieving pricing data from an Access table based on a query that only imports the data for a chosen strategy code, importing this data into a defined area 11 columns wide by 5000 rows high. It does this by macro. The data never fills the entire 5000 rows, but it is variable length depending on the chosen strategy code. Excel is then set up to do calculations on the...

Date Format #8
I have a column of dates in the format xx.yy.zzzz. I want them to be displayed as the format xx/yy/zzzz. The cell format custom option does not convert the date from one to the other. How can I do this? "Ron Cardy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FBF5040-4011-4966-8FBE-F22F70CF63B6@microsoft.com... > I have a column of dates in the format xx.yy.zzzz. I want them to be displayed as the format xx/yy/zzzz. The cell format custom option does not convert the date from one to the other. How can I do this? At the moment, you actually have text strings...

Next sequential number on a different form
Is there a way to do this: I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by th Proposal number. Is there a way to display on another excel spreadsheet, the mos current Proposal number? I know Access you use something like Dmax(ProposalID)+1 What should I do in Excel:confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com "daniels012 >" <<daniels012.1b8pra@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote > I have a form called "List of Proposals Written" that is listed by the > Propos...

How to one cells variables as a serie to a column
I cant find the way out. I have a daily variable data in a single cell (say in A1) ant I want to form a serie with using daily values of that cell. (Variable) Date Value 21.12.2006 400 (Series) 01.12.2006 300 02.12.2006 350 .... .... 20.12.2006 420 21.12.2006 400 "noyau" wrote > That is first step. Thnx a lot. You're welcome. Glad it helped. > Now the point is to do the same thing for a > daily variable next to the date. > The problem is that the second variable is > not increasing or decreasing. > Still working but no result. ...

One to Many Relationship
Here's my issue, I have 2 tables: 1st one (Cash) has 3 fields: ID, Date, Deposit. The second one (Debit) has 6 fields: ID, Deposit ID, Payor, Description, Acct to Debit, Debit. I have a one to many relationship between the two tables, with the primary key on (Cash) table being the ID field and a foriegn key on the (Debit) table being Deposit ID. however when I run the query the amount i specified for Deposit shows up for each record in the (Debit) table. What I want it to do is just show up once, because when I pull a report on the data and sum the fields the Deposit a...

How to create a date mask and drop down list?
I am not sure if this is the proper wording, but is their anyway t create a standard date function/mark, to type dates in without havin to type DASH, having to type out the entire year etc.... Also how can I create a drop downlist to choose from (that show results when I type the first letter or second letter) in a column? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated thanks -Niko -- Niko ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nikos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=986 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Receipt / Invoice printing Terms & Due date
Good day, We do a lot of charging on customer accounts. Is there a way to show the Terms and the Invoice due date on each invoice / receipt? Thanks in advance, Steve The only way I have been able to accomplish this is by putting the terms into a customer custom text field and printing that on the receipt. We then created a customization that will populate a receipt variable with the current date + the number of days in the terms. I have not been able to use any other receipt variable to get this to show up. Casey Hanson New West Technologies Check out amazing RMS extensions: http:...

Current Date Marker
I have a calculated chart of price vs date and would like to create a vertical line indicating current date so that the progress can be easily checked. Have been unable to find out how to create a vertical pole. Can someone help? Hi have a look at http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#AddLine -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave wrote: > I have a calculated chart of price vs date and would like > to create a vertical line indicating current date...

After Up-date
This is probably a Access 101 question, but here goes! I have an issue with my form that when a user updates a field, and then goes to navigate away to a different record using a drop down, we get a error message. I know what it is, the entry has not, been saved, the record is still in edit mode. Is there a common practice that can eliminate this, and after-up-date command or something? Up-dating any sub form fields work fine, just fields on the parent table / form. Any help is appreciated. CB On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:33:01 -0800, CB <CB@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

How to make a workflow wait until the next 600AM, or the next Mond
Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific time of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out at 6AM, but I don't care what date, just the next time it's 6AM. As a follow up, how about waiting till Monday if its during a weekend. -- Thanks, Steve Noe, MCBMSP(2xCRM), MCT(CRM), MCTS-SQL www.bizitpro.com On Feb 14, 10:48=A0am, Steve Noe <Steve...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Has anyone figured out houw to make a work flow wait untill a specific ti= me > of day, regardless of the date? ie: I want to send an email out a...

Combining CImages into one big one?
Hi everyone, I've got a program that draws a map in the client window. The map is stored in 20 bmp files, so I've been loading it into 20 separate CImage objects in the view class constructor, and blitting all 20 of them in the OnPaint function (with appropriate offsets). This works, but it feels wrong and very inefficient. What I'd like to do is to load the 20 images and then create one big CImage from them that would hold the entire map. Could any of you point me to a discussion of how to do this? I'd prefer something fairly basic, as I'm only getting back to progra...

Next Version
Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. Kim Should be released by middle of next year. Guy. "Microsoft" <cannon@qldstate.com.au> wrote in message news:uhO6YZa5EHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any idea when the next version of CRM will come out. It would > appear there are a lot of deficiencies in this current version. > > Kim > I heard that MSCRM 2005 will be launch around May or June 2005 in Asia Pasific. In this version there will be a marketing...

Style added to "next page"
I have a document that I am using styles in. When I want to force a new page and apply a style to the first line in the new page, the style is also applied to the "next page" code. This would not be a problem, except the style I am using puts a shaded box around the text. So that leaves me with a shaded box at the end of the previous page. I can't find any where to fix this. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the style code: Font: Bold, Space After: 12 pt, No widow/orphan control, Don't keep with next, Don't keep lines together, Level 2, Patter...

maintaining calendar formats when date range has changed
Can anyone give assistance on how to maintain a changed publisher calendar template when you change the date range from month to month? When I change the date range the calendar reverts back to the original calendar template minus all the changes I had made. I had saved the changed calendar. Thanks, David ...

one page on website won't load in internet explorer
hosting a website www.womencontemporaryartists.com. one page has stopped working and can't re-create. it's the link to WCA exhibitions. the heading displays but text and tables seem non existent. I have never had this problem with any website. using vista and frontpage 03 and godaddy server. godaddy and microsoft have no answers. -- BabsC "BabsC" <BabsC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F67B43A-B3B0-460E-B3F3-0871D0AE4957@microsoft.com... > hosting a website www.womencontemporaryartists.com. one page has stopped > working and...

Report on 3 Queries by Date
Hi I have 3 queries which I would like to join into one based on the servicedate/taskdate so that for any given date I can see the totals of each type of task we log for work. I would have joined these using a simple query however my issue is that not everyday I log an event in any one table (Each query based on only one table). Query1 ServiceDate CleanTimeTotal QATimeTotal ESTTimeTotal Query2 ServiceDate RepairTimeTotal Query3 TaskDate TaskTimeTotal Now I suspect I need to rename TaskDate to ServiceDate in Query3 above which I am okay to do but have no idea how to set up the...

can I make today() static in excel. I need a date formula that ca.
I need a date formula that calculates a date when a cell is populated and then is static. I need to know the date a cell is populated. ...

Convert date string (ie: 1/3/2010) to seriel
How do i convert a date formatted like: 3/8/2010 (string) to its corresponding seriel? Use CDate. ? CDate("3/8/2010") 2010.03.08 ( In my case, it took the first number as the month; my Regional setting tell Windows to format my dates in the ISO format, which is year dot month dot day ). Vanderghast, Access MVP "Steve P" <SteveP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CE0A688-FAE5-437C-B1AF-F0E6DED0EEBB@microsoft.com... > How do i convert a date formatted like: 3/8/2010 (string) to its > corresponding seriel? Van, ...