Newbie: counting repeated values ???????

Hello all,

I know little about Excel that's why i am posting this message here.
I have a sheet with several columns, one of those columns have always
one of this 2 values: YES or NO

My question is, is there a way to count how many YES or NO are in that
column
and display the number in other cell?

I already tried =+COUNTIF(D10:D240,"Yes") but i get a msg saying
my form have an error.

Thanks in advance,
Helder
Portugal

0
m-obscene (3)

Helder

Take the + sign out of your formula

=COUNTIF(C3:C8,"Yes")

list choice depending on the value in another cell
I want to be able to change the list used in validaiton of a cell based the value in another cell. Scenario, user selects a value in column A using validation list, cloumn B has If formula, I need column C to present one of 3 lists based on result in column B. James, http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C48340-29D3-4A2A-A1BA-4E0F68C976A9@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to change the list used in validaiton of a cell based the > value in another cell. Scenario,...

Rows to repeat at top
We know how to repeat rows for printing, but want to be able to view, or keep them stationary, the top 2 rows of the sheet while scrolling or paging down. Can this be done? Thanks for your time and interest. M. Cooper drag the little bars on the scroll bars and then freeze panes on the window menu "Coopfab" <coopfab@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:uanEcdaJFHA.1280@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > We know how to repeat rows for printing, but want to be able to view, or > keep them stationary, the top 2 rows of the sheet while scrolling or paging > down. > > C...

Count No. of times Dates are repeated
Hi, I have a database where in dates are repeated in column D and names in column I. I want a formula in a different worksheet of the same file wherein I get the count of dates column along with the individual name. The intention is to get number of days each individual is present. The same dates could be repeated any number of times for the same individual. Example for the month of Dec. 2005 Dates Names 20 AD 15 BC 08 GH........etc Cheers, Mandeep Dhami Have you considered a Pivot Table? Data>Pivot Table Use Excel Select your data Click the [Layout] button ROW...

Lookup and count
What i want to do is lookup on sheet2 column N and if it is the same as sheet1 column A add it up at the same time as sheet2 column E has a specific wording. EG Sheet 2 will have many entries of Jaco Jacobs under column N Sheet 2 will also have many entries for Service Desk as well as others in column E Sheet 1 will need to count all values that are both Jaco Jacobs under N and Service Desk under E and return the value. Please advise if this does not made sense. Regards Jaco Jacobs =SUMPRODUC(--(N2:N200="Jaco Jacobs"),--(E2:E200="Service Desk")) -- HTH Bob ...

Visio Newbie
Hello all, this is my first time using Visio for drawing a floor plan and I have a quick question. Yesterday, (Using a tape measure) I mapped out the floor plan of an office my company might be moving into. I wrote everything down in Inches. Is there a way once I get a room shape kinda close to teh measurements, that I can manually type in teh length for each wall? if not in inches, at least in feet. For example, I have one wall that is 154 inches ( 12.83 ft) Then the next wall is 242 incehs( 20.1 ft) The opposite wall of the first measurement is 288 inches, third wall 100 inches, then 13...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

how to count specific values only not total count
I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 numbers in total) ranging from 1 to 9 - Does anyone know how I can count the times that each specific number appears - for instance - count the total number of ones, count the total number of two's, three's, four's etc. I have tried this in a query and have not yet been successful - does it need to go only in a report? Thank you very much - Steven On Dec 8, 9:14=A0pm, steven <ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Access 2000 - I have one column of numbers (probably 1000 nu...

Newbie, accnts. payable & accnts.receivable sample DB
Hi guys, I�m running access 2003, windows xp pro SP2 I've been commission in my work to do a small application to track and report the accounts payable and accounts receivable movements, I'm not an accounting savvy person :(, does anyone know of a link or sample access database that can help me with the basic structure of the tables and reports?, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ...

#VALUE! #3
I want A1 to report an error that is in A6 but my formula doesn't work. A6 reads: #VALUE! The formula A1 is =IF(AN6=#VALUE!,"You messed up","") Help. Try =IF(ISERROR(AN6),"You messed up","") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "Pencil" <pencil@unlisted.com> wrote in message news:Xns981091707C316pencilunlistedcom@208.49.80.60... >I want A1 to report an error that is in A6 but my formula doesn't work. > A6 reads: #VALUE! > The formula A1 is =IF(AN6=...

Recordset
I have a dumb question that I cannot seem to find the answer to. I have a recordset that uses a field.value in the where clause. Can anyone tell me how to set up the recordset so if nothing is returned from my sql the vba does not fail. Example: recset = "select * from stores where store = form.store" If ???? NO STORE FOUND????? msgbox "store does not exist" else msgbox "store found, continue processing" end if Thanks!! If recset.RecordCount = 0 then .... HTH, Rob "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FAB...

C++ / Access Newbie
Hi Folks... I have a small commercial package written in C++ (targeted to Windows platforms) that uses its own proprietary database. We are just starting to investigate the option of replacing our database with a commercial package, such as Access or MySQL. Can anyone recommend informative reading that provides details on programming C++ with either of these two databases? At this stage we have no (any I mean ZERO) experience such programming. Any information would be helpful: recommendations for Access over MySQL (or vice versa), sources of such comparisons, licensing considerations, OD...

Exchange newbie problem
Hi all; A user on our domain was deleted when he should not have been. His mail box was not deleted. When his account was recreated, we tried to reconnect the old mailbox. But when selecting a user in the "Select a new user for this mailbox" dialog a message comes back saying that the user cannot be found. We tried several different users a none can be found even though they can get there mail just fine. We need to get the messages from this mailbox. Any ideas would be great -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it's a dry heat. you should be able to reconnec...

Display Formula Values
I have a number of formulas that are displaying the result using the value that is displayed in a referenced cell rather than what was actually input. For example, if my formula in cell A1 is B1*C1 and my value in C1 is .075 and the cell is formatted to display a percentage with no decimal places my formula in B1 uses 8% instead of 7.5%. How can I address this across the entire workbook rather than having to change the format in each of the necessary cells. Thanks for your help. What formula do you have in B1? -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------...

Schema to validate a Value Element of Type 'DateTime'
Hi, I've been trying to write some schema to validate the Value element of an Eq element but to no avail. If the Value Element is off type DateTime then the node should be able to contain text (the actual date string) or the <Today /> element. I can write schema to validate either one off the options seperately but cannot write it in a way which allows either one off the options. Hope that makes since, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've included some sample XML of what I'm trying to validate below. Cheers, Paul <And> <Eq> <FieldRef Nam...

Whats the function to count the total times a word is displayed
Hi .. Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells ...? Example : The product code 'S0459' is used (mentioned) 'X' amount of times within an entire column (specified cells) Thanks in advance ... Sounds like a job for DCOUNT - see formula help.... >-----Original Message----- >Hi .. > >Which is the best function to use if I wanted to return the total number of >times a word or number (criteria) is used within a specified number of cells >.....

CRM Queue Repeating emails
I have an issue with an CRM Queue that has been setup to convert emails to Activities. The queue itself receives the emails and converts them to activities without any issues. The issue is with the activities being duplicated (even once the original activity is deleted). It looks as though the CRM Exchange router is not flagging the message as being converted and reconverting everytime it checks the mailbox for the user. Anyone have any ideas? ...

Retrieving Textbox Values
Hi, I have a myriad of textboxes on my form, and from time to time, I need to retrieve some of their values in comma-separated format. The textboxes are named in the format of a letter and two digits, for easy identification, like A22 or B54 etc. Before a textbox is updated, I want a display of values in the adjoining boxes displayed to assist a user in making his decision on a new entry. This is the code that I tried on their got-focus event: 'If TypeOf Screen.ActiveControl Is TextBox Then If IsNull(Screen.ActiveControl) Then Dim X As Integer, P As Integer, ...

Count if formula with two variables
Hello, Am trying to figure out a formula in a cell to analyse data in tw columns. One column will have a referance and the frequency of th corresspomnding data in the other column need to be counted -- shrikan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shrikant's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=474 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=123405 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i attach an example. "shrikant" wrote: > > Hello, > > Am trying to figure out a formula in a cell to analyse dat...

counting blank cells
i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a date has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if the cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring the blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work. Does this work for you: =IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO") -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "bdq17" <bdq17@discuss...

macro for repeat task and format interior
Hi All, I'm trying to check out repeated value on column Q and the hightlighted entire cell on the left.I put the code that found from Sample,and trying to modified it but I made a mistake.I can't select entire cell on the left, I just can highlight 2 cell ( offset(0.-3) and the cell on column A).Please help how to select entire cell to the left without interupted by blank cell. And also I want to put the copy of higlighted cell value to a new workbook. Thank's. Rgds, Shiro Sub Duplicate_Serial_Number() Dim eX As Integer Dim cell_in_loop As Range eX = ActiveSheet....

Linking Values in Worksheets
Is there a simple method of linking a column of values in one worksheet to another worksheet? I can do it manually, one at a time but is there a way of copying the link down the column? (The columns are identical in length) Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1369 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1370 Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C$1371 etc, etc Many thanks david Hi David try ='C:\Registers\[Stock Control-Sigma-SMTech.xls]Sheet1'!$C1369 and copy down Frank DavidM wrote: > Is there a simple method of linki...

newbie
joining the group Hey Newbie where are you from and what versiona re you using? Fliehigh "cthomas23@hotmail.com" wrote: > joining the group > ...

Test Company Doubles Employee Count
I have created a TEST company with a copy of the live company's data. Now I'm receiving a message that I have reached the maximum number of employees because it has added the employees from the live and test companies together. I have a temporary fix by just setting the count = 0 in UPR41600 for the TEST company, but it always gets reset. I need a permanent resolution. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Jocelyn Jocelyn, Can you tell how you copied the live company data to test company? Also, Was any previous data existing in test company? Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP &...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

How to Reference an Array to Count Values?
I need to reference a list of names in a column in one worksheet to count the number of times those names occur in a column in another worksheet in the same workbook. That is, check the name list and sum the number of times those names occur in another list. How do I do this? Take a look at the sumif function in help. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Mashuganah" wrote: > I need to reference a list of names in a column in one worksheet to count the > number of times those names occur in a column in another worksheet in the > same workbook. > >...