New Style Button

Is there any way to create a new style button, similar to the Currency and
percent Style Buttons?

I have created a date style that I yse regularly and would like a 1 click
access to it.

I know that I can drag tie Format|Style drop list on to my toolbar using
Tools|Customise and have done that, but that is still a two click access to
the style.

I guess that I'm just lazy :-)

unlikeKansas

First you would have to write a macro that applied the style to your current
selection:

Sub ApplyMyStyle()
    Selection.Style = "MyStyle"  'sub your style's name
End Sub

and put this in a workbook that is always open, like your Personal.xls.

Then customize a toolbar by adding a Macro toolbutton to it.  Then assign
the macro to the new toolbutton.
--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

"unlikeKansas" <unlikeKansas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Is there any way to create a new style button, similar to the Currency and
| percent Style Buttons?
|
| I have created a date style that I yse regularly and would like a 1 click
| access to it.
|
| I know that I can drag tie Format|Style drop list on to my toolbar using
| Tools|Customise and have done that, but that is still a two click access
| the style.
|
| I guess that I'm just lazy :-)
|
| unlikeKansas

0
jrrech (1933)

quick access toolbar buttons
Is there anyway to have names appear next to the buttons on the quick access toolbar? I have several I would like to put there, but its too easy to forget what each icon links to. As far as I know not possible, only tiptext when hovering with mouse over them... -- Maurice Ausum "JBall" wrote: > Is there anyway to have names appear next to the buttons on the quick access > toolbar? I have several I would like to put there, but its too easy to forget > what each icon links to. ...

POP3 working, Web Outlook not on new users
When I add a new user, they are not able to access the Web Outlook. They are able to log on to the Remote Web Workplace login. When you select "Read My Company e-mail" they get the Outlook Web Access login with the error "You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Ensure that your user name and password are correct, and then try again." They are members of the same groups that do fuction properly: Domain Users, MasterRealty, Remote Desktop Users, and Remote Web Workplace Users. All help appreciated. Doug Doug In your message you describe some non-Exchange...

New email error
I receive an error message pop-op whenever I create a new email within Outlook. The error msg is: Application initilizaiton error: Preference Set "Prefset1" defined without Path attribute After clicking OK twice, it goes away. Have looked all over google but to no avail. The only thing I found was it may be an add-in error. But, not any ifo to go along with that. Anyone have an idea what may be causing this? TY in advance Having the same error message and looking into resolving it as well. "Ingoloid" wrote: > I receive an error message pop-op whenever I cr...

moving mail to a new computer
I just got a new computer and am having a frustrating time trying to figure out how to move my messages from Outlook Express 5 in one computer to Outlook in the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Troy I believe OE mail is stored in *.dbx files and the address book in a *.wab file You would have to move these to the default folders then use the Import option in OL. I don't use OE, but I believe thats correct. David "Troy" <oliver@yta.attmil.ne.jp> wrote in message news:04d801c35db9$2e3712c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just got a new computer and am ha...

Upgraded MFC app does not have xp styles
I upgraded an MFC app from 7 --> 8 and my dialogs do not have the xp styles. Is there something I have to do? I thought 8 embedded the manifest for you. Thanks Kurt If I remember correctly, initializing for XP is a little different in 8 now. You should look into InitCommonControlsEx(); "Kurt" <junk@junk.com> wrote in message news:um9Khy9XGHA.4248@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I upgraded an MFC app from 7 --> 8 and my dialogs do not have the xp >styles. Is there something I have to do? I thought 8 embedded the manifest >for you. > > Thanks > Kurt &g...

Slow response of ownerdraw buttons
Hi All, [Ref: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/TransButtonDemo.asp] I have a project which needs similar bitmap buttons, but I have a difficulty in my code as well as in this example that: The buttons aren't responding fast enough when I do fast clicking. Let say I click the change background three times really quick, I can only chance the background twice instead of three times. How can I improve this? as it's causing serious "key-missing" in the users' point of view. Thanks a lot! oops... it's cuz of Windows recognized it as doubleclick event.... I...

crm buttons greyed out in outlook
i'm able to see the microsoft crm folder within outlook and view crm data. however, the crm toolbar along the top of outlook is greyed out. any ideas why i seem to have partial functionality? tks Hello, Most of the times this issue occurs when the CRM client cannot access the CRM server. Try reinstalling. Use the new V3C client. Use another URL to access the server. (Instead hostname use hostname.domainname.local) Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "dica" wrote: > i'm able to see the microsoft crm folder within outlook and view crm > data. however, the crm toolba...

Really bizzare behavoir after moving mailboxes to a new Storage Group.
I created a new storage group on one of our exchange servers and moved two user mailboxes to them. Both users are experiencing the following 1) The Delete Items folder icon is no longer a trash and the "Empty Deleted Items" option is gone 2) If they right click a message and select Move to Folder outlook hangs 3) If they try to create a new folder outlook hangs 4) If I try to create a new outlook profile for them on any machine, outlook 2000 will close immediately after opening. Outlook 2003 gives the message "The set of folders could no be opened". outlook.exe /rpcdiag ...

button to navigate to a different page?
I have a long document with multiple sections. Is it possible to create a navigation buttons at the top of the page and clicking on one the buttons would take me to that section, something similar to A HREF in HTML? Thanks, If you bookmarks the location that you want to move to, you can insert hyperlinks to the bookmarks. Or maybe you will find a table of contents useful (it will be hyperlinked by deafult)? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Liu" <Liu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB88D9B-F03C-49DA-A13A-3EB035B76122@microsoft....

Migrating DPM2007 32 bit to a new DPM2007 64 bit
Hello, As I am expanding the number of system and type of Data application I am protecting (currently protecting exchange and would like to add sharepoint). to be able to protect more data and more systems I need to migrate my exisiting 32 bit to 64 bit. Currently the system is 32 bit W2k3 OS and DPM 2007 32bit. Built a new system with new name OS W2K8 R2 and DPM 2007 64 bit I am planning to just shutdown the old system detach the LUN's from it an re-introduce them to the new system and restore the Database. than re-attach the protected agent to the new system Would that w...

"Customize Outlook Today" button doesn't work
I'm trying to customize Outlook Today to display only those tasks due on or before the current date. (This is the way I had it at work.) However, when I click the "Customize Outlook Today..." button, nothing happens. Any ideas, anyone? "Sean" <spdl@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:00ee01c3ac8a$59163dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to customize Outlook Today to display only > those tasks due on or before the current date. (This is > the way I had it at work.) However, when I click > the "Customize Outlook Today..." button, nothin...

New Add On from CRMeXtension 04-02-06
CRMeXtension launched their Privileges add on for laptop outlook client. www.CRMeXtension.com ...

Auto Date on new email
We would like to have a date to be placed at the top in the content section of the email. Is there anyway of doing this? Outlook 2003. Thanks, Bodach you'll need to use VBA or an add-in. vba: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/date_stamp.htm http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm addins: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/productivity.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips...

Toolbar Button's abnormal behavior
hi All! I am developing a project in which i am using a toolbar having 3 buttons only. I want to change the bmps on one particular button(the 3rd button) at runtime and i had successfully done that, but, there is a problem, when my program creates the same view again(by clicking on a button) it displays 4 buttons, the fourth button have the same BTN_ID as the 3rd button, but, it doesn't toggle the image where the 3rd button toggles image. I did check the onInitialUpdate in my View class , OnCreate of CMainFrame. But i am not creating any other button in this toolbar at runtime. Would...

Append New Record Via A Form?
Have never used Append Queries and therefore lack the knowledge of the same. I have a sample table "Students" with fields like: 1. ID (AutoNumber) 2. Name (Text) 3. Nationality (Lookup with Row Source being Selection from the table "Countries") 4. Date of Birth (Date) Now I want to create a form which would not be showing the records already in the database but simply present a one page layout with the 4 controls for each of the fields and a button which upon being clicked shall add the data entered in the same to the Table "Students". Please c ...

find affected tables when creating a new record in CRM frontend
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! On Nov 9, 12:12=A0pm, VistaUser123 <sunmapleleaf...@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I > enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form= in > the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM = 3.0 > > Thank in...

New to Visio
Hi, I noticed that we cannot use the CTRL key in Visio to select non-adjacent items. Is there another way to do this? Thanks! On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:16:03 -0700, Helen <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I noticed that we cannot use the CTRL key in Visio to select non-adjacent >items. Is there another way to do this? Yes, you can. Just hold the Ctrl key and click the shapes you want. The selected shapes will have a purple outline and there will be another purple outline showing the full extent of the selection. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. ...

New SBS 2008 install problems
ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in a production environment for a customer. The setup is one SBS2008 box and 4 Windows 7 pro PCs. The http://connect wizard has two problems: Doesn't see a local account to migrate over If you continue anyway then it fails after the first reboot complaining about an incorrect password for the _sbs... setup account. Anyone seen this ? Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > ok, I might be late to the game but this is my first SBS 2008 install in > a production environment for a customer. > > T...

IE8 Hangs When Opening Content in New Tab
Running XP Home SP3 This just started happening. When I'm on a web site and I click on a hyperlink which is supposed to then open a link on a new tab, the new tab opens but it says it's connecting but nothing happens. The program then freezes and stops responding. I have to forcefully close the browser. Previously when I visited these sites all went well. So something has happened in the last few days. I've done nothing to change the IE settings nor have I added new software. The Not Responding window has the following data in it: Error signature: Appl name: ie...

tabs won't set in a style
I can't get Publisher 2007 to recognize a tab I have set in styles. I based the style on Normal. I have tried using "Update to Match Selection," clicking on a paragraph where I have a tab set as I want it. That doesn't work. I have tried setting the tab by modifying the style. That doesn't work either. What do I do? Thanks. I think most of your problems are the copy/paste from Word. Maybe pasting into WordPad, copy again, paste into Publisher. This should strip away all the formatting Word is transferring to Publisher. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer....

CRM Contact Button
My CRM Contact Button has stopped working in MS Outlook. Has anyone else seen this? Anyone know how to fix? Thanks, Donnie Found it myself. If you clear the forms cache, it starts working. "Microsoft" <donsweat@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23QBR8u5ZFHA.3132@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > My CRM Contact Button has stopped working in MS Outlook. Has anyone else > seen this? Anyone know how to fix? > Thanks, > Donnie > ...

Recipient Policies and Add Button
When making a new policy with Mailbox Manager Settings, there is an ADD button under the (Policy) tab. Feels like you can click it and add folder names to be managed exclusively. But it seems to do nothing. Can someone explain what the button is for, and if it is for adding a specific folder, what is the syntax to do so? From KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278024 "Additional folders can be added based on the users' mailbox root folders. Mailbox Manager can operate against folders that users have added, provided that the folders match exactly. The ad...

Notifying company directors of new opportunities
I am wondering if there is a way to email company specific company directors with specific notifications of new opportunities. I have it set up now where I can send a very generic email to each director but the notice gives no mention of what the opportunity entails. When I apply this rule to an opportunity, is there a way I can see the email before it sends so that I can at least attach a copy of the proposal? Alternatively, is there a way to assign email templates to certain users? Please advise Unfortunately, you are forced to choose between using a tempalte or selecting who s...

add 3-d style in Publisher 2002
I am using Publisher 2002. I want to use the 3-d style. I select the image, select the 3-d on the toolbar, the drop-down window displays with the 3-d styles..... The styles are disabled. Appreciate assistance as to why this function is not working/enabled. THANK YOU. larry 3D will only work on simple shapes such as auto-shapes or text boxes. If you have a .wmf image you can ungroup it and 3D the parts. You can do some interesting things with the shadow settings, especially raster images with transparent background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer....

Comma Style
How do I apply a "Comma Style" to a column of numbers using only the keyboard - using shortcuts, etc. I am tutoring a blind student and this one has me stumped! Thanks, Bill Thanks anyway, I found it. "Bill F." wrote: > How do I apply a "Comma Style" to a column of numbers using only the keyboard > - using shortcuts, etc. > I am tutoring a blind student and this one has me stumped! > > Thanks, Bill Maybe using the accelerator shortcut keys.... Alt-o (for the Format menu) s (for Style) alt-downarrow (to see the options) down arrow to sel...