new row insert on data entry

I am relatively new to excel.

Im developing a quoting tool using excel that consists of a number of drop
down lists. What i want to do is when i select something from a drop down
list, a new row will automatically be inserted underneath my selection. This
feature will give me the option to continue adding entries without having to
insert rows manually.

Also, when a new row is inserted, i would like all the formulas associated
with the previous row to be preserved in the new row.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
0
cjupiter (1)

Depending on the version of excel, you may find that:
tools|options|Edit tab|Check Extend data range formats and formulas

Or you could use a macro to insert rows.

David McRitchie has one:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for:  InsertRowsAndFillFormulas

--

Dave Peterson
0

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

restoring system data from external HD .bkf files
Hello My OS is Windows XP Media edition 2005. I recently reformatted my HD and now I am trying to restore my Office Outlook files (.pst) plus system settings. I have been only able to access personal files and folders. I really need the ..pst files. When I run the backup - restore wizard the check marks appear on the two "C" drives, out of 14,471 MB on the external HD, only about 350 MB are restored, the field "processed" reads "0" How can I restore the rest of my system from the external HD? Thanks -- Zubenelshamali On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:53:4...

Access to Template's Linked Data Sheets
How do I gain access to the expense statement's linked data sheet? When I make changes to this downloaded template, are these changes automatically linked to the data sheet? I am using Excel 2003. Thanks for your help. The linked data sheet in question can be accessed one of two ways: 1) To just see it, go to Window->Unhide. You'll see the worksheet called "common.xls" listed. Unhiding it opens it read-only, so if you want to change it, that won't help. 2) However, the book is located in: C:\program files\microsoft office\office\library\common.xls Should be...

can you insert today's date in email template?
Is there equivent to Excel's TODAY and NOW functions? ...

Hide/Remove totals on Rows in Pivot table
Hi All, Is there a way I can remove the totals which in a pivot table? I try right clicking on a total and selecting "Group and Outline" and "Hide detail" however the error message "Cannot show or hide detail of this type". -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Hi Try taking off grand totals for row and grand totals for columns in the option section of pivot wizard Tina "Adam" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way I can remove the totals which in a pivot table? > > I try right clicking on a total and selecting "Gro...

Excel
I need to insert a space three characters from the right of a piece of text I have in a cell. How do I do it? I was thinking along the lines of customer formatting but this is proving troublesome as I'm an Excel novice. Thanks, Darren If your piece of text is in cell A1, you could put the following formula into a helper cell (such as B1): =LEFT(A1,3)&" "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3). If you want to convert the formula back into text, click on B1, press Ctrl+C to copy it, then click on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: Values | OK. "Dazza" wrote: > I need to in...

Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data
I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats. I did fine this: http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of Office documents (Office 2000 and greater). - Thanks ...

New Location/New setup

Huge spreadsheet spanning 600 rows...
User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy to read. Hi you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the number of row printed at a time or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what you're trying to achieve. Cheers JulieD "~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uQU4Z$mqEHA.3...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I want to copy data in outlook folders of one computer(office unit) to be used or pasted and read to another computer (at home),pls kindly advice how to do it? ...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Problems with the sample data wizard
Hi, i want some help in some few questions about the installation of the sample data wizard, and add some domain users to the crm. i had yesterday installed a crm (with the Adventure Works Cycle licence) on a win 2003 environment, i have a sql server machine, an D.C. machine, and finally a machine in wich i have installed the crm, with no problems (the user that i use to install crm was a domain administrator). i assigned a licence to that user, and give he all crm default roles. than i reboot the crm machine and log in with that user, run the crm and no problems were encountred, i ad...

Why is excel 2007 slow when selecting chart data from the formula
Excel 2007 is very slow when selecting chart data from the formula bar. For example 8, X-Y scatter graph curves are generated from data base of approximately 2000 lines long x 2 columns. A convienient way to edit the cell references for each curve is to simply click onto a curve and the cell references will appear in the formula bar. With all earlier versions of excel including 2003, once the curve is clicked the cell reference appears in the formula bar almost instantaneously. However when the same method is used with excel 2007, it can take 10-20 seconds before the formular appears. ...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights