I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
"ExternalData_6", etc.

Thanks,
Carroll Rinehart

You could refresh with different parameters or add this

For Each Name In Sheets("Data").Names
Name.Delete
Next Name

or even qualify it if you don't want to delete all
if left(name,3)="Ext" then

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Carroll Rinehart" <carroll.rinehart@ssa.gov> wrote in message
> I have noticed that each time I import data into an Excel spreadsheet
> via a macro, a new named range (for the same range) is created.  This
> does not pose a problem, but after a while, I'll have a huge number of
> named ranges that will never be used.  Why does Excel name the range
> and how can I stop this?  I noticed in the recorded macro, there was a
> line .Name = "drd_5". I commented this out to see what would happen,
> but it just renamed the range "ExternalData_5". The next one was
> "ExternalData_6", etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Carroll Rinehart

0
Don

can i create message for icon which create in DLL
Hello guys, how to call NOTIFYICONDATA and post message to the icon in MFC extension dll? I can create the icon, but i can not catch the message which point to the icon. my code in DllMain: CreateDialog((HINSTANCE)AfxGetApp(),MAKEINTRESOURCE (IDD_DIALOG1),NULL,SetDispDlgProc); dlgTimer.Create(IDD_DIALOG1); SetResolutionMenu (dlgTimer); m_hIcon = AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_DLLSTATUS); StatusAreaIcon(NIM_ADD,1006,m_hIcon,"running"); but the callback function SetDispDlgProc() never be called except Create, why? thank you! delu "delu" <qiudelu@hotmail.com&...

Excel VBA Programming
I NEED HELP! I am fairly competent with MS Excel but now looking to develop myself in VBA but don't know abc of VBA! I did download a free manual from the following link but may be self study is not my cup of tea!: http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf may be if someone could send me a link for video tutorials on VBA that would be awesome! Any help will be much appreciated! R Hi Just go to Youtube and type in the search box "Excel VBA" It's full of video tutorials. HTH John "rraw75" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message n...

Table not listed in Table Names / Table Descriptions window
Hi, I am missing a 3rd party table in the Table Names window. I'm trying to view the table via the Tools > Resource Descriptions > Tables navigation but my table does not display here. I can view the table under the SQL Maintenance window (Tools > Maintenance > SQL). Does anyone know why it does not appear under the Resource descriptions for Tables? I have other 3rd party tables that appear here just fine. Thanks in advance, Jacqy What module is it? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com I ch...

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

New Installation No Z report 0.00
New Installation No Z report 0.00 This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way across. Any ideas? -- precisecheck hi dear, Check the database> registers> receipt format is there and also check database> register has attached any receipt format. Make sure these things first as it not setup by default. "PreciseCheck" wrote: > New Installation No Z report 0.00 > > This is a new installation and the Z report has no detail. 0.00 all the way > across. Any ideas? > -- > precisecheck Thank You Akber, this resolved the pr...

Average various variable ranges
Hi, I posted this question before, but I cannot find the thread of it anywhere, so I am posting it again. If it is duplicated, please forgive me. I have 90 000 rows of data that is in the following format: CW001P01-SH-C: Time Duration Partition Utilization % 20/03/2010 23:56 900 86.3521441 21/03/2010 00:11 901 86.35425916 21/03/2010 00:26 899 86.35738494 21/03/2010 00:41 902 86.3596435 21/03/2010 00:56 901 86.36061494 21/03/2010 01:11 901 86.33145463 21/03/2010 01:26 912 86.33382161 CW001P12-SH-F: Time Duration Partition Utilization % 20/03/2010 23:56 900 2.55062256 21/03/...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

How do I add a formula to a range of cells
1) You can type a formula into a cell and then drag the that cell's fill handle (solid square in lower right corner) to fill other cells with the formula. You need to know about absolute and relative referencing - see Help I the cell is part of a vertical table, double clicking the fill handle is quicker than dragging it. 2) You can select a range of cell, type the formula and finish off with CTRL+ENTER. This fills the selected range with the same formula - with appropriate cell reference changes. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme ...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Time interval
I'm using outlook 2000 and can't seem to be able to set the time interval. I've use "Customize Current View" to set the interval to 15 min but when I create a new calandar entry the Interval is 30 min. I must be missing something but don't know what. Open th e calendar in a 1 day view. Then right click the time column and select your time from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mrjondon <123mrjondon@comcast.net> asked: | I'm u...

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Time spreadsheet
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O Date Line Start End RO Outside Internal Super. Training Property Shop LineDaily Monthly Time Time Number Labor Labor & Equip Maint Clean Up Labor Labor Labor out Int A B C D E02/02/09 B 10:27 15:04 96554 0.19?4.62 0.19 INT 15:04 17:52 96598 0.12?2.80 0.31 B 18:22 19:04 96554 0.03?.70 0.34 INT 19:04 19:34 96598 0.02?.50 0.36 INT 19:34 23:12 96606 0.15?3.63 12.25? 0.51 0.51 0.51 In the above example I fill in columns A-E. The rest of the columns are filled in by formulas. The problem is that the populated (?) times do not a...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Comments in Cells disappear after time
A colleague has a spreadsheet with lots of comments in the cells and apparently after a while the comments 'disappear'. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Could it be there is a maximum number of comments, or do they have a life expectancy? The sheet is opened in Excel 2000 & Excel 2003 depending on the user. Thanks for your help. Comments don't normally disappear on their own. Perhaps your colleague is accidentally deleting the rows or columns in which the comments occur. Or comments could disappear if another cell, with no comment, is dragged onto a cell ...

Scheduled Integration via Integration Manager
Hi! I in dire need of help and would need to know if there is any way that I can schedule integrations using integration manager. For example, my client would want to update the price list via integration manager. Is there a way for them to just enter a date to run the integration, and if possible a time as well, then it will automatically run the integration at that specified date and time? Any workarounds, ways and step by step procedure on how to achieve that, would be very very great. Thanks! -- Bryan Hipolito The IM user guide covers that in detail. If you don't already ...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

graphing data
What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in that cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? -- mikaman Graph them in exactly the same way that would have done if the numbers had been typed into the cells. -- David Biddulph "mikaman" <mikaman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A6F240E-44F3-4636-8F2F-6DE39722D0EE@microsoft.com... > What is necessary to graph the number(s) in cell(s) when the number in > that > cell(s) is/are generated from a formula in those cells? > -- > mikaman ...

Copy filtered data
Let's say I have data in A1:Gxx. Now I use Autofilter to find all rows which has a "2" in column C. Let's say it leaves rows 1:4 and 8:10. Now I want to copy the filtered data in columns F:G and paste the values (not to an empty range which is easy) but to the same cells in colums D:E. Any help? Hans Knudsen Try Advanced Filter, excellent tutorial here from Debra Dalgeish, owner of the site, http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ApplyAF Regards, Alan. "Hans Knudsen" <Hans.Knudsen@mail.tele.dk> wrote in message news:%23xtVdlR8FHA.740@TK2MSFTNG...