New excel workbook columns are reversed (Z-A). Row #'s on right s

We need help.  One of our employees opens there excel program.  The new
workbook opens and the columns are reversed.  They start with A and go to A.
The row numbers are on the right side of the page and not the left and the
sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 that are usually on the bottom left are now on the
right.  Is thsi something simple or has the program become corrupt????
Help!!!!
0
L (105)

We need help.  One of our employees opens their excel program.  The new
workbook opens and the columns are reversed.  They start with Z and go to A.
The row numbers are on the right side of the page and not the left and the
sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 that are usually on the bottom left are now on the
right.  Is this something simple or has the program become corrupt????
Help!!!!

"tc&l" wrote:

> We need help.  One of our employees opens there excel program.  The new
> workbook opens and the columns are reversed.  They start with A and go to A.
> The row numbers are on the right side of the page and not the left and the
> sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 that are usually on the bottom left are now on the
> right.  Is thsi something simple or has the program become corrupt????
> Help!!!!
0
tcl1 (2)
11/16/2004 4:05:03 PM
Hi "tc&

Tools>Options..International
Right to left

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tc&l" <tcl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B72E528-1476-49F0-8368-1F67C39D5D95@microsoft.com...
> We need help.  One of our employees opens their excel program.  The new
> workbook opens and the columns are reversed.  They start with Z and go to A.
> The row numbers are on the right side of the page and not the left and the
> sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 that are usually on the bottom left are now on the
> right.  Is this something simple or has the program become corrupt????
> Help!!!!
>
> "tc&l" wrote:
>
>> We need help.  One of our employees opens there excel program.  The new
>> workbook opens and the columns are reversed.  They start with A and go to A.
>> The row numbers are on the right side of the page and not the left and the
>> sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 that are usually on the bottom left are now on the
>> right.  Is thsi something simple or has the program become corrupt????
>> Help!!!!

0
rondebruin (3789)

Sum in a column if there are 3 conditions in another column
I need to find the total from Col B if Col A is one of the 3 possibilities A B DONE 0 DONE 60 OBS 40 POST 55 DONE 40 DONE 0 DONE 47 POST 55 DONE RESULT OBS RESULT POST RESULT Try the below for total for "Post" =SUMIF(A:A,"Post",B:B) 'Try the below for total of all three =SUM(SUMIF(A:A,{"Post","OBS","Done"},B:B)) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "DogmaDot" wrote: > I need to find the total from Co...

How do I subtotal pages in Excel?
I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page may vary as I add and delete records. Can anyone help me? Shouldn't be a problem as XL will automatically adjust it's total formula as you add and delete. I'm assuming you are putting in a sum formula ("=sum( cell1:cell2)"). -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "lshivvers" <lshivvers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81870EF-D160-4628-96A2-3CDC5FB07BBD@microsoft.com... > I want to subtotal a column per page in Ex...

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

Excel #81
I need to know the importance of excel and what are the uses of excel. Your responce in this matter will be highly appreciated. Regards Qinisile There's lots of information on Excel on the Microsoft site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/FX010858001033.aspx Qinisile Bukhali wrote: > I need to know the importance of excel and what are the > uses of excel. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

Excel memory issues
We have several excel spreadsheets on a network drive that when opened by any client they receive several errors relating to memory, such as: Not enough memory Not enough system resources to display completely Any ideas? We have increased RAM on server and workstation and page file, but the users are still receiving the errors. Did you increase the memory on the client's machine? You never mentioned if they have enough harddrive space. "Neil Shirley" wrote: > We have several excel spreadsheets on a network drive that when opened by > any client they receive s...

New Email Messages

excel spreadsheet #8
I have a 2 sheet excel spread sheet that I put together with varing column widths. On the top 1/4 of the first sheet (of the 2 part spread sheet) I need to have different column widths to insert specific data with different column widths that conflict with the column widths in the balance of spread sheet. How do I seperate the sheet to have the column with at the top 1/4 differ from those on the rest of the sheet? I treied cut & paste within excel, I tried building the top part in word and paste to excel. nothing works. Can this be done? Frank ...

distributing columns evenly
Hi again I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200) I want to distrubute it like this: A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on Please help -- Reg Deepak AGM Communications Hi do you need this for printing. If yes, see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Deepak wrote: > Hi again > > I've a list of 200 nos. in a single column (say A1:A200) > > I want to distrubute it like this: > > A1:A50 contains 50 nos.; B1:B50 contains 50 nos. and so on > > Please help ...

Make excel run large spreadsheets faster
For those of you who run large spreadsheets with or without VBA, I think everyone will agree they are much too slow ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e1105194-24af-4697-ab5f-b9d62e5140ea&...

New Location/New setup

Excel
I need to insert a space three characters from the right of a piece of text I have in a cell. How do I do it? I was thinking along the lines of customer formatting but this is proving troublesome as I'm an Excel novice. Thanks, Darren If your piece of text is in cell A1, you could put the following formula into a helper cell (such as B1): =LEFT(A1,3)&" "&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-3). If you want to convert the formula back into text, click on B1, press Ctrl+C to copy it, then click on Edit | Paste Special | Paste: Values | OK. "Dazza" wrote: > I need to in...

How do I activate the new mail button

Huge spreadsheet spanning 600 rows...
User wanted this to print on 11x14..it spanned the entire page and then some..where would I first look to edit to make this easy to read. Hi you might want to investigate data / format / autoformat to limit the number of row printed at a time or you might like to have a look under file / page setup - sheet tab for rows to repeat on each page (ie headings) & the printing of gridlines other than that you'll need to give us a more specific idea of what you're trying to achieve. Cheers JulieD "~D~" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uQU4Z$mqEHA.3...

excel #136
I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they won't popen I'm not familiar with Quantrum Pro. What does it do? "Liz R" wrote: > I have files in quantrum pro and would like to open them in excel. But they > won't popen ...

Excel 2007 werkbalk snelle toegang, "hoe te saven voor nieuwe excel install "
Wie kan mij vertellen hoe de werkbalk "snelle toegang"met al zijn icons is te saven. Dit ivm een nieuwe installatie van excel. Het voorkomt dat ik al die icons wederom moet opzoeken. Al vast bedank voor de hulp. gr Peter See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm You can find the file here Excel saves your QAT setup in a file named "Excel.qat" in: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Excel.qat In Vista you can find it here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.qat Note: This file will no...

Style available all sheets new or old

Excel drawings with Hyperlink
Hello: I would like to create a hyperlink when a particular serial number is selected in a cell. Is there a way to create small drawings in excel and have those drawings pop up (or via hyperlink) when a given serial number is selected from a cell? I have created drawings in Paint and saved them as JPEG images, but when I select a serial number the Paint editor pops up at full screen with a tiny image. Regards, D.Parker What I have done in the past was insert drawings on the worksheet, hide them, then associate VBA code to unhide the desired drawing (picture) and hide all others. ...