New button does not open the template workbook set up

Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page
formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the
template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not
reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas?
0
lucilene (1)

You have to access templates from the file - new menu, not the new icon on
the standard toobar.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"lucilene" wrote:

> Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page
> formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the
> template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not
> reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas?
0
Michael5492 (655)
7/19/2005 5:36:12 PM
Hi lucilene

What is the name of the template and where have you placed it

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"lucilene" <lucilene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A7ED2E1C-2CCE-41FE-8091-DBA4B9AF7CEE@microsoft.com...
> Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page
> formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the
> template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not
> reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas?

0
rondebruin (3789)
7/19/2005 8:46:15 PM
lucilene

There are two "New" menu items for the "File" menu.

One has an ellipse(...)

The other has no ellipse.

Store your template saved as BOOK.XLT in your XLSTART folder  and use the
"New" item without the ellipse.

The resulting new workbook will be based upon your template.

You can also click on the "New" icon on the standard toolbar and create a new
workbook based upon the BOOK.XLT template.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:46:09 -0700, "lucilene"
<lucilene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Excel 2003 I created a template workbook that contains my cells and page
>formatting preferences. When I select New from the File menu I can choose the
>template created, but when I click on the New button the workbook does not
>reflect the same template formatting. Any ideas?

0
Gord

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Word Won't Open with File Double-click if Word not open
I'm running Vista Home Premium SP2 on an Acer desktop system with 2 gigs of Ram and running Office 2007. My primary internet browser is Firefox. For the past few months I can no longer double click on a Word file (not matter where it's stored or what it is) unless I first open up Word itself. I get an error message (see below). When I first purchased and download Office 2007 in 2006 there was no problem opening up Word files with a double click and it's been that way up until a few months ago. Opening Excel files has always and now works just fine. Here's the ...

Buttons for Macros
Hi, Ive created some simple Macros that print sheets in my workbook. Which is all fine, but I will be sending the spreadsheet out to people who will not have a clue how to use a macro. Currently Im using Ctrl+x to do it, but............ I want to create a button on the worksheet that they can press with their mouse to activate the Macro. Is this possible - Im sure Ive seen it somewhere. Thanks. -- Ainsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ainsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31960 View this threa...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Open Group Default ??? #2
Concerning Visio 2003 Std: Can I set as a default to open groups in their own window as it does in Visio 5 ??? I don't know of a global setting to do this. You can prevent individual sub-shape selection for individual shapes by going to Format > Behavior > Selection = Group Only. You can also set the double-click behavior to open the group edit window. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Maseo" <malhiwent@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23...

Access to Template's Linked Data Sheets
How do I gain access to the expense statement's linked data sheet? When I make changes to this downloaded template, are these changes automatically linked to the data sheet? I am using Excel 2003. Thanks for your help. The linked data sheet in question can be accessed one of two ways: 1) To just see it, go to Window->Unhide. You'll see the worksheet called "common.xls" listed. Unhiding it opens it read-only, so if you want to change it, that won't help. 2) However, the book is located in: C:\program files\microsoft office\office\library\common.xls Should be...

can you insert today's date in email template?
Is there equivent to Excel's TODAY and NOW functions? ...

Order of Events using the built in form Close Button
I have a form that is bound to a table that has required fields. When the form is closed using the Close Button, which is made available to the form by setting the form's Control Box and Close Button properties to "Yes", Access displays standard messages about required field data. I would like to intercept these messages via the order of events that occur when using the Close Button. Does anyone know what that order of events is? Thanks much! The main ones to use are--> Before Update and Unload. Both these events allow you to cancel closing the form if requ...

Link to CRM Case from Email Template
Hi There, How can i make a direct link to the CRM Case from my Email Template. Currently i have Email Notification Template as below but CRM URL is not working as its giving me blank ================================ Dear Team, This is an Automated Microsoft Customer Relationship Management notification to inform you that a a Low Case Created with following details and it has been sent to your Unit Queue. Case Number : CAS-12323-GTCD Case Type : Request Case Priority : Low (4) Case Title : Configuration Case Description : Configuration Case Initiator : SAM Case Unit : IT Cas...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

Multiline button caption
Hi, Is it possible to set the MS_MULTILINE property of a button control at design time? Or does it have to be done using CreateWindow()? I simply need to display multi-line captions on pushbuttons. Excuse me if the question is too trivial. I'm new to MFC. Thanks a lot. It should work in designer as well as at run time. I tried it in designer and use \n as the line break. This link shows how to do it dynamically: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/buttonctrl/advancedbuttons/article.php/c8395/ ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Hi Ajay, Thanks for reply. But no..."\n&quo...

Style available all sheets new or old

Taskbar present, Start button not!
machine clean of viruses or illegal processes.. what could be the cause? In news:%23rKjC79NLHA.1172@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, msnews <notinterestedgoaway@hotmail.com> typed: > machine clean of viruses or illegal processes.. what could > be the cause? What have you tried, and on what? If it's not a virus then it's malware. msnews wrote: > Machine is clean of viruses or illegal processes.. what could be the cause? Try some of these: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Line 117. Restore Taskbar and Start Menu Line 167. Force Classi...

Button on form to print report for current record
I want to put a button in my input form so it can print a report looking at only the current record I am in using2007. See names below: Input Form: CC Form Entry Unique Field: CC Number Report: Customer Complaint Form Can anyone help? thanks so much Try: DoCmd.OpenReport "Customer Complaint Form", acViewPreview, , _ "[CC Number] = " & Forms![CC Form Entry]![CC Number] -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Adding new pages