new book saving & gridline colours

When I open Excel, a new workbook appears called "Book1.xls". On my home
computer, I can go on to close Excel down without it asking me to save
Book1. However, in my work computer, it asks whether I want to save
changes to Book1. Both are Excel 2002. Is there a setting I need to
change in work?

Also, I was wondering if it were possible to change the gridline colours
for all workbooks to a certain colour, or at least to any 'new'
workbooks without having to go to Tools>Options each time.

0
b8pu (3)

Second point.

Open a new workbook, goto Tools>Options and set the gridlines colour, and
then save that workbook in the Excel startup directory as a template file,
Book.xlt

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"FJDx" <b8pu@yahoo.SPAMMED.co.uk> wrote in message
> When I open Excel, a new workbook appears called "Book1.xls". On my home
> computer, I can go on to close Excel down without it asking me to save
> Book1. However, in my work computer, it asks whether I want to save
> changes to Book1. Both are Excel 2002. Is there a setting I need to
> change in work?
>
> Also, I was wondering if it were possible to change the gridline colours
> for all workbooks to a certain colour, or at least to any 'new'
> workbooks without having to go to Tools>Options each time.

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
6/30/2004 7:06:24 AM
First point:

Does that filename really have a .xls extension?

If yes, look in your XLStart folder for a file called book1.xls

If you don't find it there, try using windows start button|find/search for
book1.xls.

Then delete it or move it.

FJDx wrote:

> When I open Excel, a new workbook appears called "Book1.xls". On my home
> computer, I can go on to close Excel down without it asking me to save
> Book1. However, in my work computer, it asks whether I want to save
> changes to Book1. Both are Excel 2002. Is there a setting I need to
> change in work?
>
> Also, I was wondering if it were possible to change the gridline colours
> for all workbooks to a certain colour, or at least to any 'new'
> workbooks without having to go to Tools>Options each time.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

Style available all sheets new or old

saving emails in outlook
anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items onto an iomega zip drive? robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlook inbox/sent items > onto an iomega zip drive? Create a new PST. Copy to it everything you want to save. Close the PST and close Outlook. Copy the PST to the zip drive. All done. -- Brian Tillman Sorry to be so stupid but how do I create a new PST? Thnaks >-----Original Message----- >robBB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> anyone know how i can copy my ms-outlo...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Invoice Designer SAVE Problems
I am running Win XP Pro and using Money D&B 2003. When creating a custom invoice template, I cannot save it-the Invoice Designer closes. I cannot save as either. The MS KNOWLEDGE base directly states that the problem requires a download of IE6 SR1. I did and that has not cleared it up. I uninstalled the program hoping to clean the Windows Registry and reinstalled Money. No luck..any help would be most appreciated. Lorie Ann Is not your fault ;-( Invoice Designer doesn't works on any system or configuration. It's an unfinished product attached to Money since version 2...

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...

New Accounts on Exchange 2003
This week I entered two new people and the reciepent policy is not providing the necessary email addresses. Of course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no one can email them. I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD. Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent policy? Omer, Thanks for the response. The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an hour. I changed it to every 15 minutes. I also tried the "Update Now" feature. For both of these, there were no events generated. I remember setting up trace logs earlier this y...

new columns created from "&nbsp;"
I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". The data was imported from an online database. Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a text file) TIA, Greg Greg Wilker wrote: > I have a bunch of data in a column and it is "separated" by "&nbsp;". > > The data was imported from an online database. > > Is there a way to create columns within the current workbook from where the > &nbsp; appears? (much like importing a te...