Need to remove selected characters

I have 25000 cells with map coordinates in it in the following format:

N34* 51.87'

I need the data in the following format:

N55 13.26

So basically I need to strip out the * and ' from each cell. Any simple way
to do this? I sure would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you
--
Dale

Hi!

Select the range of cells in question.

Goto Edit>Rplace

Find what: ~*
Replace with: nothing, leave this blank
Replace All

Repeat the process for the '

It's VERY important that you select the specific range before you attempt
this!!!!!!!

Biff

"Natedanger" <Natedanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 25000 cells with map coordinates in it in the following format:
>
> N34* 51.87'
>
> I need the data in the following format:
>
> N55 13.26
>
> So basically I need to strip out the * and ' from each cell. Any simple
> way
> to do this? I sure would appreciate any assistance.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Dale

0
biffinpitt (3171)
9/17/2005 5:41:33 AM
Thank you Biff!! I tried this before posting but was missing the ~.
--
Dale

"Biff" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Select the range of cells in question.
>
> Goto Edit>Rplace
>
> Find what: ~*
> Replace with: nothing, leave this blank
> Replace All
>
> Repeat the process for the '
>
> It's VERY important that you select the specific range before you attempt
> this!!!!!!!
>
> Biff
>
> "Natedanger" <Natedanger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have 25000 cells with map coordinates in it in the following format:
> >
> > N34* 51.87'
> >
> > I need the data in the following format:
> >
> > N55 13.26
> >
> > So basically I need to strip out the * and ' from each cell. Any simple
> > way
> > to do this? I sure would appreciate any assistance.
> >
> > Thank you
> > --
> > Dale

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

How do I remove Outlook and keep the rest of Office in place???
I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. Can I remove Outlook and keep the rest of office in tact and in place? reddman@windstream.net Yes, modify your Office installation to remove OL "Reddman" <Reddman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB9429D-B0D2-41C4-A0FC-737E3D0CD29F@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to > take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. C...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Removing attactments from sents messages
Hi O'2000 sr1 Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in one go? TIA Dave F. ye ----- Dave F wrote: ---- H O'2000 sr Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in on go TI Dave F. ...

select a specific ActiveCell by VBA
In any cell in column "F", a user can select a code number from a drop down list. These numbers go up to over 100, so, if the user isn't sure of which number to select, cell F6 can be rightclicked and VBA will take the user to a different sheet where all the code numbers (and their associated meanings) are listed. A command button on that sheet will take the user back to the ActiveCell on the first sheet. Even if the user was working in cell F2000, the active cell is now always F6 To get around this, how can I set the active row to the bottom most row with data i...

Cannot permanently remove formatting toolbar
In Outlook 2003 mail send I have the formatting toolbar visible. This then hides other icons e.g. attach. I can use tools/customise to remove the formatting bar but this does not stick and on opening a new send mail the formatting bar has returned. How do I permanently remove it? Beemer Beemer <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2003 mail send I have the formatting toolbar visible. > This then hides other icons e.g. attach. I can use tools/customise > to remove the formatting bar but this does not stick and on opening a > new send mail the formatting bar ha...

need help badly

I need Help

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Selecting which Inbox to show at start-up
I am trying to sync my mail with my palm, and it will only sync the general inbox, but my mail goes to the inbox of my mail account at my school. How can I either get that mail moved to the general inbox at start-up, or just switch that to be the main inbox? If i could get outlook to check this other account at start-up it might be fine, but i have to click on it to get it to check the school mail, even though that is the only mail account i have set up What type of account and version of Outlook are we talking about here? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

need help! very urgently needed
i am using an Activex control in a dialog based applicaton(VC++). created an member variable for that(myportcontroller). In a non-stati function i am able to call the Activex control methods using the membe variable and worked fine. But i need to call the activex control method in an static function. Here i cannot use the member variable as it is static function. So, i declared an object for Activex control class Using that object i called the methods. I had no compile time error But i am getting run time assertion error as "winocc.cpp line:345". Ca anybody help? I need very urgen...