I am setting up an form and need to create a dropdown list that will
contain 8 sets of data.  Each set needs to contain 3 rows of data
(name, street address & city/state/zip.  The goal is to allow the user
to click onto the cell, see the dropdown and select which address set
to use.  This would then place the data into three rows suitable for
mailing.

I have never attempted anything like this and am in need of
assistance.

Thank you.

---

Pat

What you ask is easily done using Data Validation drop-down list and a few
Vlookups but........Excel as a label creator is not the best tool.

If you intend to use these sets as mailing labels or for envelopes you would
be much better off to use the Mail Merge features of Word, with your Excel
addresses as the data source.

Once set up in Word, queries are easily set up to filter out the address set
you want.

For more info on merging with Word.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:10:58 -0600, patxlb
<<patxlb.1110c8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I am setting up an form and need to create a dropdown list that will
>contain 8 sets of data.  Each set needs to contain 3 rows of data
>(name, street address & city/state/zip.  The goal is to allow the user
>to click onto the cell, see the dropdown and select which address set
>to use.  This would then place the data into three rows suitable for
>mailing.
>
>I have never attempted anything like this and am in need of
>assistance.
>
>Thank you.
>

>---

Gord

Do I need a Smart Host?
We jsut upgraded Exchange 5.5 to 2003 in a win2k AD domain. We had no problems sending outgoing mail thru 5.5. With Ex2003, in event viewer I notice that any outside site looking for reverse ptr ( AOL, mercercounty.org, etc) rejects our mail. The mail will sit in the queue and retry, retry, retry, etc. We never had a problem sending to these sites with 5.5 Our email is hosted by Verizon, and they have assured me that there is a reverse ptr setup for us. I tend to believe them as this just occurred with the upgrade. Is Ex2003 sending directly to these sites, bypassing Verizon? I ...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Need help referencing an embedded file
Hello - might I ask help of the experts here please? I have a macro in a spreadsheet that references back to a video file (Mfile= "test.avi") I want to e-mail the spreadsheet to a friend but in order to do so, she will have to separately copy the file test.avi to her c drive to make the macro function. This is inconvenient. Obviously I can embed the file test.avi into the spreadsheet as an object, but how can I change the VB code to directly reference it. I'm no VB expert, so any help would be appreciated Best TP ...

Need some help
I currently have a form that allow me to access multiple forms via 4 command buttons. Is it to have the button color change if any record in the form (that the button directs you to) is a certain value? Their are several status values to these records (Open, Closed, In Work), and I would like the color of the command button to change if any record is "Open". oc737 wrote: >I currently have a form that allow me to access multiple forms via 4 command >buttons. Is it to have the button color change if any record in the form >(that the button directs you to) is a certain val...

Not what I needed
I am looking for a formula I can use to extract this list, not a copy and paste. I would like to have a formula I can use to extract the unique items in a list. I am not sure I like the tone of your last posting, this is a peer to peer NG and not paid MS support Anyway I assume you are new to this, list in Sheet2 A2:A100, assume you want this in Sheet1 A2 going down array enter this formula in Sheet1 A2 and copy down until you get an error =INDEX(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($A$1:A1,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$100),0)) (array enter = ctrl + shift & enter) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom ...

Need to comapre a time
I need a comparison within an iif statement to identify a time value of 00:00:00 and don't know what to enclose the time in, have tried '00:00:00' "00:00:00" "#00:00:00#" Thought I had better ask!! ;-) Regards. Bill. Normally just IIF([SomeTimeField] = #00:00:00#, returnx, returny) Or even IIF([SomeTimeField]=0,... If you are checking a field with both time and date components you will need to do something different. In Access (with Jet) you can use the following IIF(CLng(SomeTimeField)=CDbl(SomeTimeField), ... -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-20...

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

Listbox row source and record locking?
I'm setting up my first true multi user database and I have a question on record locking. If I set a list box row source type to "table/query" and specify a select query for it, does Access lock those records? In the past I have always used "value/list" and loaded the records with code but it would be much easier to use ""table/query" if it does not lock the records. In most cases, Access only locks an editable record. The select statements in list and combo boxes do not lock the table because you aren't editing those records. ...

I need a formula
HI,al please hel a1 To a2 Ji a3 And b1 Lis I need a formula, make c1 = "a" when I can find b1 in a1:a3 , otherwise, c1="b thanks Hi monker! One way: =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$3, B1)>0,"a","b") -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "monker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4930B553-FA25-4E97-9AC5-2EBF0C639D80@microsoft.com... > HI,all > please help > > a1 Tom...

Combine multiple information stores onto one SANS exchange cluster
I am an admin of a large company and we are looking to combine 10 different exchange servers with 10 different stores into one Exchange cluster onto a SANS. I am looking for advice or kb's to get some ideas and knowledge on how to approach this. ANy help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Scott Setup the new cluster, locate the new Store(s) and Transaction Logs on appropriately-sized LUNs on the SAN. You may need multiple Stores in multiple Storage Groups, depending on how you size/limit your Stores. (For instance, it's not a good idea to create a single Store of 200-300 Gi...

WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE
WTB: WE BUY SOFTWARE - WE NEED MS OFFICE, WINDOWS, SERVER as well as ADOBE, SYMANTEC & OTHERS WE BUY used, new and refurbed Sun, Cisco, Lucent, Nortel, Alcatel, 3com, IBM, HP, Compaq, Dell, Madge, Cabletron, Juniper Networks, Bintec, Siemens, Foundry, Networks, Extreme Networks, Fore/Marconi, Tellabs Lucent/Avaya/Ascend, Xylogics, Brocade, Intel, Motorola, Nokia VPN/Firewall, Netscreen, Microsoft Adobe, Corel, Intuit, Macromedia, Symantec, McAfee etc... Email BUYONET@HOTMAIL.COM with any of the above that you wish to sell. LOOK BELOW FOR ALL WANT TO BUY LISTINGS... WE ARE BUYING WI...

Need Help With ActiveSync
I could really use some help with a connection problem I'm having with Exchange Mobile Access and MS ActiveSync. I have a front end/back end server scenario with both servers running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server with the front-end server having been upgraded from Windows 2000 Server. On the front-end server, the Exchange and OMA virtual directories have SSL enabled, use basic authentication and SharePoint is not installed. On the back-end server, SSL is not enabled on either the Exchange or OMA virtual directories with integrated authentication enabled on both directories. The p...

Need help with yes/no and tallys
I have a form that will beused by many users and I want the form t tally either yes or no check boxes or buttons. What would be the bes method to use that would give me a total talley at the bottom of th sheet? I have tried using various tools in the control toolbox and hav created some very nice check boxes or buttons, but alas I can not ge any of them to total up. Please help -- Steve ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steve H's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2561 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Filling list boxes
I am trying to use a table value function in a SQL server to fill a list box. I keep getting the following error message “Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server --> The parameter is incorrect.” When I the objCmd.Execute is Executed the statement in the code snipe below. Dim objConn As New ADODB.Connection Dim objCmd As New ADODB.Command Dim objParm1 As New ADODB.Parameter ' Set CommandText equal to the stored procedure name. objCmd.CommandText = "GetByModelUnassignedOptions" objCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc ' Conn...

Multiple Attributes
I have created a custom Entity - "Inventory" This has a relationship with Accounts which is used to show the location of a piece of hardware - a lookup field is used to choose an account. All good. However I'd also like to have a couple of other lookups for Supplier and Manufacturer. These are both stored in Accounts so they'd need to reference an entry in Accounts again. Is this possible? I know you cannot create multiple relationships between entities but can you create multiple attributes using the one relationship? Can anyone help with this - still got no further.....

how do i have my formula wrap to the next row in excel
Hello to anyone that can help me. I'm trying to use excel to create a payment chart for my bills, so i would like to know how to have this formula wrap to the next row with the ending total. A+B-C-D-E=F and have the F wrap as the total wrap back to A and continue on through the cells Please help. Thank you for your time. Bobby That is not a formula to start with and you cannot wrap to the next row in any case. Say you have numbers in A1,B1,C1,D1,E1 In F1 enter =A1+B1-C1-D1-E1 If you posted a small sample of your data and layout, we could be more specific. Gord Dibben MS Exce...

need help :)
http://kezzysworld.bravehost.com visit my site if u wanna chat or have fun :) Thanks ;) ...

i have a document i need but i don't have excel
someone created a file for me but i can't open it without excel.i need this file for work.how can i open it and get i9t to work? Hi Sister Simple answer is; 1. Buy Excel OR 2. Download an Excel Reader. However, the reader is just that, a reader. So you cannot make any modifications to the file HTH Michael -- Michael Mitchelson "sister" wrote: > someone created a file for me but i can't open it without excel.i need this > file for work.how can i open it and get i9t to work? Just to add to Michael's response: The free viewer from Microsoft: http://offic...

Contacts are not listed in address book
When I open my address book, there are only two contacts. When I open my contact list it lists all my contacts. What do I need to do to get my full contact list into my address book? Depends a bit on what you have done so far and which version you have. You have given us very little information. Try this: right click your Contacts folder | Address Book | set as an Outlook addess book (tick the box). If it doesn't work, tell us version and how you got your Contacts into Outlook (import etc). -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Docmoney" <Do...

I need help
I'm not that computer literate i want to know why i can't play any music that i have in my media player after i did everything i could to update and download. The message i am getting is. Can't play file, it does not support the CODEC that was used to compress the file. What can i do to get my music to play again? It was working before i have no idea what happened.... "Mary1965" <Mary1965@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2EF75C0-C535-4776-B30E-853E1BAD7A83@microsoft.com... > I'm not that computer literate i want to know why...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

Get full path directory list on both recursive and non-recursive dir command
This post could easily be titled "Why Unix is so much better than Windows", but that would likely ruffle a few feathers... I have the following seemingly simple requirements: 1) Directory list of *.foo files, recursive to a particular root directory 2) Directory list of *.foo files, in the root directory only The list has to be returned as a full path to the files. What works (returns full path) 1) dir "C:\Path\To\My\Files\*.foo" /b /s What fails (returns filename only) 2) dir "C:\Path\To\My\Files\*.foo" /b I've also investigated t...

reflecting values in a column into a row
I am creating a chart to map a round-robin chess game. If there are 4 players, then all 4 has to play one another. if I have the names John Mike Sally Bill Then I'd like to type them into a columns and write a formula in a row to pick up the names the spreadsheet should then look like this: John Mike Sally Bill John Mike Sally Bill I think it may be achieved with the Indirect() function, but my Excel 2007 help seems broken and I can't figure it out without an example. Thanks. MikeB With names in A2:A5 Enter in B1 =INDIRECT("A"&COLUMN(B1)) Or...

need help with creating a formula which checks more than 40 cells
Dear Heros, I am working on setting up salaries for emplyees based on new pay and grade system. the Pay and Grade system is organized to have 8 grades and each with 5 steps which means total of 40 steps and for each step there is a different salary which means 40 different salaries. The worksheet contains numbers from 1 to 40 as steps in (A1:AN1) as column headers. I would like a formula in AO2 to calculate or show the salary of a specific cell in which I put "1". (for example if i put 1 in cell (J2) it should show me 190) the salary can be 100 for step o...

Need Sorting Help
How do you associate adjacent cells in two columns so that when you sort column B the value of the cell in column A follows the cell in column B? -- still learning ------------------------------------------------------------------------ still learning's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23900 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375325 Start by including the column A cells with the Column B cells. Then sort by column B. Example: if the data is in A2:B10, select that range...then sort by co B. Does that help? Ro...