I am setting up an form and need to create a dropdown list that will
contain 8 sets of data.  Each set needs to contain 3 rows of data
(name, street address & city/state/zip.  The goal is to allow the user
to click onto the cell, see the dropdown and select which address set
to use.  This would then place the data into three rows suitable for
mailing.

I have never attempted anything like this and am in need of
assistance.

Thank you.

---

Pat

What you ask is easily done using Data Validation drop-down list and a few
Vlookups but........Excel as a label creator is not the best tool.

If you intend to use these sets as mailing labels or for envelopes you would
be much better off to use the Mail Merge features of Word, with your Excel
addresses as the data source.

Once set up in Word, queries are easily set up to filter out the address set
you want.

For more info on merging with Word.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:10:58 -0600, patxlb
<<patxlb.1110c8@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I am setting up an form and need to create a dropdown list that will
>contain 8 sets of data.  Each set needs to contain 3 rows of data
>(name, street address & city/state/zip.  The goal is to allow the user
>to click onto the cell, see the dropdown and select which address set
>to use.  This would then place the data into three rows suitable for
>mailing.
>
>I have never attempted anything like this and am in need of
>assistance.
>
>Thank you.
>

>---

Gord

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Make typing "jump" to matching item(s) in drop-down list?
Is there any way to make a drop-down list work so that typing causes a "jump" to a matching item in the list? For example, if the list includes "chair," can it be formatted so that typing c-h- brings up "chair" in the drop-down list? This would be a huge time-saver in lengthy drop-down lists. We can make Access do it--can Excel? If you show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|Toolbars), you can add a Combobox from that toolbar. Rightclick on it and choose properties. You'll be able to set the linkedcell, listfillrange, style, and matchentry properties to...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

#Ref! after row deletion
How can one stop the #Ref! from appearing after deleting row from above? Exam: Col A = Date field Col B = Data field Col C = Reference from Col B, formula = if(A2="",C1,B2) Etc. to row 10. Row C11 contains formula =C10 delete rows 3,4,5 leaves row 11, now row 8 with #Ref! What kind of formula can stop the #Ref! One option is to use Indirect to refer to the previous row, as in: =Indirect("A"&row()-1) Regards, Fred "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7893746-50C3-432F-87C1-298787F289CE@microsoft.com...

sub totals within smart List Builder
I am tryiing to sub total in SLB. After each of the lines i am trying print a subtotal for all the details for the lines, for example subtotals for item ABC. Is there a solution for this, or do I have to export the Excel and use the function in that application? Thank you -- Paula If you want detail, with subtotals, you will need to export your data to excel and subtotal there. If this is going to be a recurring report/requirement, I recommend creating an excel template with a pivot table or a macro that formats your report. This way, you can export it, and be finished with for...

Macro help needed........

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

dependant combobox list
I am trying to add "salesman" information to a combobox that is dependant upon the dealership name I insert in another combobox. I have the dealership names in column A. Q: How do I get the second combox to insert the appropriate name? Should I make a separate sheet using the dealership names as headers, or can I add the salesmens name in the rows beside the already-present dealership name? Then, how do I get the second combobox to pick it up? I am using a Userform and VBA. Have lists of salesman by dealearship in columns, name those lists (Insert>Name>Define...) with the dea...

Trouble sending MULTIPLE emails
keep getting this error message The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sween67@twcny.rr.com'. Subject 'Maura's mother-in -law', Account: 'pop-server.twcny.rr.com', Server: ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Display Multiple User Forms
Is there a way to display two userforms simulataneously. I have an application with about 10 data entry forms. I want to creat a navigation form that would always be open that would allow the use to jump from one form to another. How can I do this? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have Excel2000 or later, just create modeless forms (ShowModal property = False) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ripan >" <<Ripan.103gp7@exce...

Macro to sort a predefined list
I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area (A2:K103) on my sheet the same way as selecting the area manually and then selecting sort. Can this be done and how? Record a macro while doing this, then attach it to a button from the forms toolbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <rob_summers@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:G3jEc.9827$pw6.5954@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com... > I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area > ...

Counting Data from Multiple Records
Colleagues, I am tasked to generate an Access 2007 report providing the number of times a person has participated in each of several positions at our events. The master table (tAllRecs) contains everyone's names and member numbers (key), among other things that don't matter for this report (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). The event table (tEvent) contains the Event Number (key) and a field for each of the 40 positions we need to fill at each event (fPos01, fPos02, fPos03,�). The report needs to list the number of times each member has served in ...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Need Help Despertly!

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Distribution Lists #17
In Outlook 2002, is there any way to send a message to a distribution list without all of the emails in the distribution list showing up in the "To:" Field? In help, all they said was: "When you use a distribution list, the names of all the people on the distribution list will appear in the To field of everyone's message." Thanks in advance, A.Funk Send a message without the recipient's name showing 1.. In a message, click To. 2.. In the Type name or select from list box, type the name or click Advanced, and then click Find. 3.. I...