need to convert excel 97 doc to windows xp 2002 home edition

I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in
excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition).  I
downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the document
now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols.  Please help~

You should be able to open the .xls file produced by XL97 directly
into XL2002. From there, save the file and it will then be in the
later format. You shouldn't need a converter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 19, 1:26=A0am, gigglesonice
<giggleson...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in
> excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition). =
=A0I
> downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the docume=
nt
> now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols. =A0Please help~

0
Pete_UK

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Excel need help

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

C# registry read converts string
i'm trying to read a registry key in both local and remote machines. for example the HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LANMANWORKSTATION there is a key called "imagepath" this is a "reg_expand_sz" and it will look like: "%systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". when i run my code on either local or remote machine it will convert "%systemroot%" to the local machine system drive, in my cast "e:\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". so now my output is incorrect. here is a sample of my code: if (t == Syst...

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Publisher 2002 Inserting a landscape page into portrait document
How can I insert one landscape page into a presentation consisting portrait pages? I understand the inserting of page numbers, but I can't find the page orientation. Publisher does not allow you to have different orientation pages. Group all items on the page and rotate 90�. -- ...

Help needed

Cannot shut down Windows 7
I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing and has to be killed off using Task Manager. In addition I cannot close down Windows if I am connected to the network. I can restart in safe mode, or if I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down and hangs. Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help. <http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers> -=- "NevilleT" wrote: > I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing > and has...

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Need help on this....thanks

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

I need Help

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...

need help badly