Need solution to formula problem

Help please!

I have two rows of numbers with some cell that will contain 'N/A".

If the top row is highest I need it highlighted yellow if it is not highest
or is "N/A" the cell needs to remain with no fill.

I can do a condtional formatting that works great until a cell contains the
"N/A".  Is there a formula that I can do in conditional formatting or some
other options that will solve this problem.

As suggested in your multi-post in .programming
(please do not multi-post)

Try this ..

Select rows 1 & 2, and apply cond format
Cond1's formula: =A$1="N/A" ("No format set")
Cond2's formula: =A$1>A$2 (set fill color: yellow)
--
Rgds
Max
"sweetsue516" <sweetsue516@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please!
>
> I have two rows of numbers with some cell that will contain 'N/A".
>
> If the top row is highest I need it highlighted yellow if it is not
highest
> or is "N/A" the cell needs to remain with no fill.
>
> I can do a condtional formatting that works great until a cell contains
the
> "N/A".  Is there a formula that I can do in conditional formatting or some
> other options that will solve this problem.

0
demechanik (4694)

Outlook Express Viewing Problem
I am working on a computer system with a strange issue: After two years of use, all of a sudden two days ago The e- mail subject, sender and date show fine, but the body of the message will not display [either in the preview pane or when opened individually]. Here is the system stats: Windows ME, Office 2000, Outlook Express v6.0, Fully patched. Here is what I have done: Virus scan, Ad-aware 6.0 scan Can anyone help? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite it...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

big problem of Importing the customerization
hi guys... now i encounted a big problem of importing the customerization which add the new fields in the case and account, and also, convert the language into Chinese. First time when i did some customerization for the system, it was fine to import the XML file. however, today, i intended to import the second verision of the customerization into the system, which means to cover the previous customerization. It succeed to import the XML file, but when I click the case botton, the error message showed out as follow, "Query Builder Error No attribute" I donot know what's g...

Exchange Archiving Solutions
Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with Outlook? Right now I am looking at GFI's but it requires you to view all mail through a web interface. Thanks, Forest http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/Datasheets/Data_Protection/ent_vault_6_microsoft_exchange_03172005_dsht.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Forest Leonard" <fleonard@rvigroup.com> wrote in message news:e$d5kl9FHHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with >...

Another recordset problem!
Hello All I had some help with a recordset problem recently (many thanks Stefan and Daryl!), but now have another. I just get "Error 3135 Syntax error in JOIN operation" with the following: Set rsNIC = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset( _ "SELECT staffs.*, months.*, [NI tables 2010].*" & _ " FROM ((staffs RIGHT JOIN ([NI tables 2010] RIGHT JOIN months" & _ " ON [NI tables 2010].[NI letter] = staffs.[NI code])" & _ " ON [NI tables 2010].niSet = months.nicset)" & _ " WHERE (((mon...

Macro help needed........

Problem with OnInitialUpdate()
Hi all I am making a SDI Application for displaying images(say .bmp). I derived my view class from CScrollView. I Comments following lines in MyView::OnInitialUpdata(). file://CSize sizeTotal; // TODO: calculate the total size of this view // sizeTotal.cx = sizeTotal.cy = 100; // SetScrollSizes(MM_TEXT, sizeTotal) I use a function OnUpdate() in my view class. In this function, i set the view window size according to picture size which i have to display. When i run the program in ReleaseMode, picture is display in view window. If i don't comments above lines in OnInitialUpdate() then i do...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Exchange Explorer problem
I can't get access at all to Exchange Explorer I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable error occurred" I can't get into exchange explorer at all, I've tried administrator accounts as the username and pass and also accounts like exmerge, I've tried going to just server/exchange and exchange/mailbox using the mailbox I'm trying to get to's username and password. I recen...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Need help on this....thanks

OWA problems #9
I am getting the "loading: window when attempting to access my Exchange server from the outside or inside. In looking at the properties of the virtual server in the "Access" tab there are relay restrictions to 2 internal IP addresses. Shouldn't this be set to "All". My Exchange server is 2003 Enterprise Edition behing an ISA firewall server. FYI, my GC is no longer on my doamin but a GC is being looked at from another domain I have. The main domain GC was lost when someone decommissiond an old Exchange server to soon. I don't know if this is the problem or not...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...

problem compiling the regexwrap by Paul DiLascia
I download the code from msdn manwrap and regexwrap written by Paul DiLascia. I have trouble compiling the code using .net 2005 studio for C I got "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory" message. I could not find that header file anywhere in my winXp pro. I tried compiling at command environment with VSTUDIO standard 2003 still run into trouble with some header files then in the same XP for the 2003 studio, I tried to use the cl command to compile but I still having trouble locating some header files. where do I get th...

I need Help

need help badly