need smaller right/left header margins

Hi,

I'm trying to decrease the size of my header & footer
margins (closer to the edge of the page).  I can use hard-
spaces to increase the margin, but I'm having difficulty
finding out how to do the reverse.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeanette

Jeanette,

If you are trying to set the print margins these can be
entered in the Margins tab of the Page Setup dialog.
However, the minimum sizes for the top, bottom, left and
right margins are determined by your printer setup. If you
try to set a margin that is smaller than the currently
selected printer can handle, the printer minimum margins
are used.

HTH,

TK

0
anonymous (74720)
7/20/2004 7:22:18 PM
Jeanette

The header/footer left and right outside margins cannot be decreased in Excel.

They are a function of your printer limits and may be re-set there, but I
doubt it.

I have had several printers and have never able to get the margins past a
minimum point.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:49:01 -0700, "Jeanette" <JeanetteMurphy@ppg.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to decrease the size of my header & footer
>margins (closer to the edge of the page).  I can use hard-
>spaces to increase the margin, but I'm having difficulty
>finding out how to do the reverse.
>
>Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Jeanette

0
Gord
7/20/2004 7:57:35 PM
Thank you Gord and TK.

0
anonymous (74720)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

the right button of mouse cant do nothing
Please anybody can tellme why when I point on any cell of any exce file, and try to do one click with my right button on my mouse, don showme the options ? because my right button dont do nothing, and if I want to format an specific cell, I need to go to "Format" and then the options on th menu bar... In the past this option its working very well, but today its gone !! can any body tellme what its happening ? ( my mouse its working good i other programs or on windows ) thanks :rolleyes -- rapidito7884 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rapidi...

Need Help with Excel and Flagging Outcomes!
I’m using Excel 2007, and here is my question… I want to put a formula in cell C3 that looks at outcomes in cell B3. If the raw score outcome in cell B3 has the following values, I would like cell C3 to provide the following words: IF: THEN: B3=Blank C3=Blank B3= Greater than 0-1.9 C3=Definitely False B3=2.0-2.9 C3=Mostly False B3=3.0-3.9 C3=Don’t Know B3=4.0-4.9 C3=Mostly True B3= 5.0 or greater C3=Definitely True Thank you for your help! Hi This should do it: =IF(B3=0,"",IF(B3<2,"Definet...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...

I really need help. Need a formula. Need it yesterday.
I'm new to Excel formulas, and I need one that is well beyond me at this stage, but probably a piece of cake for an Excel Wizard. I have a modest staffing schedule on Excel that shows several teams of employees with staffing requirements that may change every thirty minutes, as does the number of employees available in each team. I have the spreadsheet linked to another that provides the total, overall staffing requirement for each half hour, so that the total staffing requirement for each half-hour automatically loads to my staffing schedule. Likewise with the total number of emp...

need help! very urgently needed
i am using an Activex control in a dialog based applicaton(VC++). created an member variable for that(myportcontroller). In a non-stati function i am able to call the Activex control methods using the membe variable and worked fine. But i need to call the activex control method in an static function. Here i cannot use the member variable as it is static function. So, i declared an object for Activex control class Using that object i called the methods. I had no compile time error But i am getting run time assertion error as "winocc.cpp line:345". Ca anybody help? I need very urgen...

need to get my mail
how can i get my hot mail from here You can't, this is a newsgroup, it has nothing to do with email. -- -- "carlos" <bartlett_1974@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$yffBZiKHA.1540@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > how can i get my hot mail from here Windows Mail doesn't support HTTP mail, which for a long time was the=20 only allowed access method for free Hotmail accounts. Earlier this year Microsoft enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts. Follow the settings given here: http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!4...

Need Help Creating Directory
I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two columns it sets it up going left to right instead of down one column then the other. How do I get this done. I'm not sure how you managed that. Any chance you'd send it over to me and let me look at that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve Cook" <SteveCook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7DAB8B4-680E-4D46-A614-BB2FEC4ED35C@microsoft.com... >I am creating a membership directory for our church. When I try to do two > columns it sets it up going left t...

Need Char Comparer Help
Greetings, I'm writing some text-parsing code. I need to compare individual System.Char variables but need the option of ignoring case in the comparison. I need help in two areas. First, does anyone know a good way to compare characters ignoring case? I found a case insensitive comparer at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1394877/what-is-the-correct-way-to-compare-char-ignoring-case/1394909 but I'm not sure that's the best approach. Basically, he converts both characters to upper case (with every comparison). But I don't know if this is reliable and it was...