Need Office with Excel for windows 98

I never had need for Office until now. Problem is my system is the old
Windows 98 and everything for sale needs Windows 2000, or newer. How can I
get ahold of an old Office program to install? (I live in southern
california) Need to find a place to purchase.
0
student1 (34)

Try ebay.

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Green graduate student" <Green graduate student@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:FC95A59F-AB70-4C70-9C80-FD42E843E137@microsoft.com...
> I never had need for Office until now. Problem is my system is the old
> Windows 98 and everything for sale needs Windows 2000, or newer. How can I
> get ahold of an old Office program to install? (I live in southern
> california) Need to find a place to purchase.

0
twogilvy (1078)
2/14/2005 2:49:32 AM
Just to add to Tom's reply.

Don't buy xl2003 (or office 2003).  win98 won't run it.

xl2002 will work ok with win98.

Some say to stay away from xl97 and try to get a minimum of at least xl2k, too.
(xl2k added a few things and fixed a couple of bugs.)

Green graduate student wrote:

> I never had need for Office until now. Problem is my system is the old
> Windows 98 and everything for sale needs Windows 2000, or newer. How can I
> get ahold of an old Office program to install? (I live in southern
> california) Need to find a place to purchase.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel 1997
I know, I know...... It's time to upgrade my microsoft office software, but right now I can't afford it. So I'm stuck still using my Office '97 edition. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way to hide the contents of a specific cell so that when I printed the page the contents would not be seen. Does anyone know how I might go about doing that? Thx. You could change the colour of the characters in that cell to white, but don't forget to change it back or you will never see it on screen. -- Ken Russell kenrussellyourhat@optushome.com.au Remove yourhat to reply b...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

How do I Set up a Invoice in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (.
How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (Excel) With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) Check out the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx "Chandrasekar G Yadav" wrote: > How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 > Professional (Excel) > With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) ...

events in office 2000 do not go away
environment: office 2000 on XP sp1 or 2000 sp3 when an event occurs you get the option of Dismiss or Snooze or X the wnidow. regardless of method of dismissal of message the event will re-appear regularly. usually hourly. one of my users now has 20 of these appearing! Help Please Thanks muchly Jeff Poretsky IT Manager The Studio Theatre (please cc me in mail if possible {it at studiotheatre dod org} ...

upgrade from office 2004 to 2008
hi upgraders, <br> are there any problems regarding the upgrade to 2008, esp. assuming all old data like emails, dates and so on ? <br> thanx In article <ee89959.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, realist01@officeformac.com wrote: > hi upgraders, <br> > are there any problems regarding the upgrade to 2008, esp. assuming all old > data like emails, dates and so on ? <br> You can read on these groups that there are some people who have had problems. Of course, the people that haven't had problems usually don't post! While Entourage 2008 will impor...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Excel 97 / 2000 Viewer
Is there a problem with installing this product when I already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? No -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays <jbeiting@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:059c01c3c647$2c87c9a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > > Is there a problem with installing this product when I > already have the Excel V. 5.0 on my computer? ...

Floating Window
I've got a spreadsheet that comprises about ten worksheets. The spreadsheet allows for about five different scenarios to be reviewed. At the moment to change scenarios, I have to change a cell in a particular worksheet. But what I want to be able to do is have a small window (that always stays on top of the open worksheet) where I can switch scenarios by changing the number in that window. That way I can see the data in the worksheet change. Can SKS help - or suggest an alternative approach. Tx Rob Should have added - it's excel 2007 "RobFJ" <del**eteto**rfj10...

How do I remove Outlook and keep the rest of Office in place???
I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. Can I remove Outlook and keep the rest of office in tact and in place? reddman@windstream.net Yes, modify your Office installation to remove OL "Reddman" <Reddman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB9429D-B0D2-41C4-A0FC-737E3D0CD29F@microsoft.com... > I have Outlook and Outlook Express both on my computer but Outlook wants to > take over for Outlook Express. I don't have a need for Outlook at all. C...

Can I bring an address from Outlook to a text box in Excel?
We have used Excel for some of our forms and would like to know if an address can be brought in to Excel as it can be in Word. ...

Office XP: Outlook 2 at SP3
Receiving Message when trying to send an email: The operation failed. An Object could not be found. I'm current with all the maintenance. Any sugestions? ...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Cannot shut down Windows 7
I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing and has to be killed off using Task Manager. In addition I cannot close down Windows if I am connected to the network. I can restart in safe mode, or if I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down and hangs. Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help. <http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers> -=- "NevilleT" wrote: > I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing > and has...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help