Need more than 1208 controls per sheet

Hi,
Does anyone know how to go around the limitation of MS Excel, which
doesn't let the user, through automation, to create more than 1208
controls (checkboxes, buttons, or combination of two for example) on
one sheet??

Thanks much!

--
mowali
mowali's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886

I don't know whether it is possible to overcome the limit, but I
would not use a worksheet where the number of controls even
approaches the limit.  I would suggest you rethink your overall
design.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"mowali" <mowali.1zof0a_1133969701.9013@excelforum-nospam.com>
wrote in message

> Hi,
> Does anyone know how to go around the limitation of MS Excel,
> which
> doesn't let the user, through automation, to create more than
> 1208
> controls (checkboxes, buttons, or combination of two for
> example) on
> one sheet??
>
> Thanks much!
>

> --
> mowali
> mowali's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886
> View this thread:

chip1 (1821)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Is there a way to go through all the controls on a MFC dialog?
hi, I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing their ID at design time. That mean that the program must get the id and then get the control. Is there a better solution? One thing is for sure, I have to get the CWnd* of all of the controls on a dialog. How do I do this? thanks ThunderMusic > I need to get through all the controls in a MFC dialog without knowing > their ID at design time. CWnd* pChild = MyDialog.GetWindow(GW_CHILD); while (pChild) { // your code... pChild = pChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); } thanks, it works... I had the GetWin...

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Need to test a mobo

Journal entry control
In 7.0, we had created a smartlist that gave us a one line per journal entry so that we could have a journal entry control report. Now that we upgraded to 8.0, this report now lists all line items for the journal entry. Is there any other report in Great Plains that can be run by source document that just lists journal entries for a given time period? Thanks, jackie The cross-reference report can be run for a date range for source documents. However, the account transactions item in SmartList would give you the same information that you can get from the report. You can search by a date...

Help needed

Modal property sheet.
My application has a modal property sheet. Normally if the operator presses "Cancel" the logic throws away the data changes and the sheet closes. Instead this is what I want to happen: I check if any data changes were made. If changes were made, I pop up an OK/Cancel message box asking the question: "Data has been modified. Press OK to discard data modifications." So if the operator clicks OK, I throw away the data changes and the property sheet closes. But if the operator clicks Cancel, I want to allow the property sheet to continue living. In other words... I want ...

Need help on this....thanks

Sheets in a workbook
Is there an easy way to have input information to a main sheet and if the criteria is meet it would auto fill into another sheet. I have nine columns with different information. If one of the columns meets the criteria the whole row goes to another sheet. Like the name Bailey is in a certain row in that column that whole row would fill in on another sheet.How would I do this? Thanks in Advance Penny I assume that the destination sheet is not always the same but is dependent on the name in that certain column. So you have multiple destination sheets. I further assume that you want...

need help badly

I need Help

Queue NT Service per SSP
Hello! I have a question regarding the Queue NT Service.We have four SSPs in our environment. When I look into the Task Manager, I can see 5 (1 for the Timer Service and 4 for the SSP). Sometimes it happens that the Queue hungs and we need to restart the service. Ideally, I would like to restart the Queue service only for the SSP where we see that the Queue is not processing, but under SERVICES, there is only one Queue NT Service. It is possible to have a service per SSP, so that we can say "Restart only service for SSP1, or SSP2,..."? Many thanks for you help. Joe...

memory leak in webbrowser control
I am using a webbrowser control to render an html page that uses vml and xml. My code changes the html page by locating an id in the page and changing a style, text, or vml attribute. Every time I do this, there is an increase in memory usage and eventually the program crashes when there is no more memory. I originally used a CString's AllocSysString function to get my BSTR's and com smart pointers. When I switched to 'regular' pointers and used AddRef and Release, I saw some improvement, and more improvement when I switched to SysAllocString and SysFreeString. But...

Need Help Despertly!

Excel work sheets
Hi, I need a formula that will automatically pull information from one worksheet to another. I need to be able to seperate all of the plans, procedures ect from the main work sheet to there own. I have no idea how to do this, so any help with be appreciated. Heather You don't provide enough information for anyone to help you. Pulling information from one worksheet to another is fairly simple. But what information? Where is it? Where do you want it to go? You say "to their own". How is the destination identified in the source sheet? You have t...

My hide sheet option in excel is not working
My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would appreciate any insight into how to fix this. Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D028B90F-6DDB-4DE6-9F5C-22C137FBE927@microsoft.com... > My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out > so I can not > toggle n...

Error accessing control when form not open
On a form when trying to get a value from a field it displays Run-time error 2450 when the form is not open. In this case instead of displaying the error how can I get a value from a control on a different form? You can only get a value from an open form that is displaying that value. Just refer to the control on the open form: [Forms]![OtherForm]![Text1] Use DLookup to get a value from an underlying table. The form does not need to be open. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Robin9876" <robin9876@hotmail....

Plug in needed