Need macro to auto delete as in example

Let's say I have a range from A1 to G10 (just an example) and in this
range data is being brought forward from other work sheets.  What I
would like to do is delete only the cells to the right of the cell in
column A that is empty (also the cell in column A).  Understand that
some cells that need to be deleted will have zeros in them.  Also some
of the cells above the ones to be deleted will be blank or have zeros
in them as well.  Long story short can a macro be written that deletes
a range of cells if the first cell in the range is either blank or has
s specific entry in it?....Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
attached an example xls that explains better than my stumbling wording.

File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=311091 (example.xls)

doc.vej6b (1)

Yeah, you could have a macro, but I'm confused at what you want to really do.

Is it look in column A, if it's empty (or 0), then
1.  delete that row (entirely)
2.  clear the contents of A:G of that row--but don't delete it
3.  delete columns A:G of that row and shift cells up (but don't touch H:IV)

I'm gonna guess the first one--delete the row.

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim myCell As Range
    Dim delRng As Range
    Dim deleteIt As Boolean

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        For Each myCell In .Range("a1:a" & _
                          .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell).Row).Cells
            deleteIt = False
            If IsEmpty(myCell) Then
                deleteIt = True
            Else
                If IsNumeric(myCell.Value) Then
                    If myCell.Value = 0 Then
                        deleteIt = True
                    End If
                End If
            End If
            If deleteIt = True Then
                If delRng Is Nothing Then
                    Set delRng = myCell
                Else
                    Set delRng = Union(myCell, delRng)
                End If
            End If
        Next myCell
    End With

    If delRng Is Nothing Then
        MsgBox "nothing to be deleted"
    Else
        delRng.EntireRow.Delete
    End If

End Sub

doc wrote:

> Let's say I have a range from A1 to G10 (just an example) and in this
> range data is being brought forward from other work sheets.  What I
> would like to do is delete only the cells to the right of the cell in
> column A that is empty (also the cell in column A).  Understand that
> some cells that need to be deleted will have zeros in them.  Also some
> of the cells above the ones to be deleted will be blank or have zeros
> in them as well.  Long story short can a macro be written that deletes
> a range of cells if the first cell in the range is either blank or has
> s specific entry in it?....Thanks in advance for any help.  I have
> attached an example xls that explains better than my stumbling wording.
>
> File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=311091 (example.xls)

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Deleting blank lines between data lines
Hi Everyone! I have a worksheet with about 2,000 lines of data. The problem is tha every other line is blank. I cannot sort here because some information is carried over to the third line. 1 data 1a 2 blank --> 3 data 1b 4 blank --> 5 data 2 How can I eliminate just the blank lines and maintain the order that the data list is currently in? Thanks! : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Phenom, One method that may help you. Say you had data in r...

Macro to sort a predefined list
I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area (A2:K103) on my sheet the same way as selecting the area manually and then selecting sort. Can this be done and how? Record a macro while doing this, then attach it to a button from the forms toolbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <rob_summers@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:G3jEc.9827$pw6.5954@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com... > I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area > ...

Messages NOT deleted from the POP3 mailserver
Anybody knows the answer to this question? >I use Outlook 2002 with a POP3 server. I choose the >option "Leave on the server" with the additional >option "Remove when deleted from Deleted items". This >doesn't work and none of the messages I receive are >deleted from the server and all remain there. When I use >other email tools, I don't have this problem. I have also installed service pack 3 and it still continues to have this problem. ...

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

VBA code to run macro in certain file based on name of file in cel
I am trying to come up with code that will run a macro in a workbook where the path and name of the workbook are in a cell reference. I have tried the following with no luck. The path to the file is located in cell F36 of worksheet, "Customize" and the name of the file is located in cell F42. The name of the macro is "ClearTotalSavings". Any help from one of you gurus would sure be appreciated. Application.Run "'" & Workbooks(Sheets("Customize").Range("F36").Value) & "\" & Sheets("Customize").R...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

How to delete more than 2 pages at a time in Publisher
I've got a 600 page Publisher 2003 document and want to delete 200 pages. Is there an easier way of doing this instead of doing EDIT > DELETE PAGE > BOTH PAGES 100 times!? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

Can't Delete E-Mails in Outlook 2007
I can't delete one of my e-mails. Has anyone else ever experienced this? No, my emails delete when pressed and delete upon close. Why don't = yours? Any error messages? What type of account? IMAP? =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, chrisma asked: | I can't delete one of my e-mails. Has anyone else ever experienced | this? ...

ClistCtrl > How to auto-adjust columns size ?
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. I populate it with some items (less than 10). I'd like to programmatically auto-adjust the columns width according to their content, exactly like pressing Ctrl+'+' on a ListCtrl. Any idea ? Thanks, Dansk "Dansk" <dansk@laouilest.com> wrote in message news:e1x4VF9wHHA.276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. > I populate it with some items (less than 10). > > I'd like to programmatically auto-adjus...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Cannot delete messages #3
Hi, Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook XP - can't delete 2 messages with subject "Hey" and "Is that your attachment?". It seems like it was auto previewed but autopreview was off, however, the messages are marked as read. When you try to delete it, the popup says "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted or access was denied." When you right click on the message(s), there are no options for it. Is there a way to delete messages like this globally on many mailboxes without taking the InfoStore down? ...