Need invisible/shaded/highlighted cell

I'm thinking what I would like to do can *probably* be done in VBA, but I'd like
to use the formula in the cell.  If it can be done.

I have three columns:

DOW   DATE   BILL DTE
--- -------- --------
Wed	02/01/06 02/03/06
Thu	02/02/06 02/06/06
Fri	02/03/06 02/07/06
Sat	02/04/06 02/06/06
Sun	02/05/06 02/07/06
Mon	02/06/06 02/08/06
Tue	02/07/06 02/09/06
Wed	02/08/06 02/10/06
 .      .
 .      .

The date col contains a formula to add 1 to the cell above.  The day of week col
uses the date from the date column.  And the bill date col adds 4 days to the
date col if it falls on a "Thu" or "Fri", otherwise it adds 2 days to the date
col.

I'm trying to make it easier for others to read.  (Some are having a real
problem with it.)  I'd *prefer* to hide dates falling on (starting from) a
weekend.  If I can't hide the value, can I shade it?  Or decrease the font size?
I'm just looking for a way to make the "Sat" & "Sun" rows...*not* stand out.

I would *LIKE* to see my data like this:

DOW   DATE   BILL DTE
--- -------- --------
Wed	02/01/06 02/03/06
Thu	02/02/06 02/06/06
Fri	02/03/06 02/07/06
Sat
Sun
Mon	02/06/06 02/08/06
Tue	02/07/06 02/09/06
Wed	02/08/06 02/10/06
 .      .
 .      .

But I could settle for this:

DOW   DATE   BILL DTE
--- -------- --------
Wed	02/01/06 02/03/06
Thu	02/02/06 02/06/06
Fri	02/03/06 02/07/06
Sat	02/04/06
Sun	02/05/06
Mon	02/06/06 02/08/06
Tue	02/07/06 02/09/06
Wed	02/08/06 02/10/06
 .      .
 .      .

Or highlighted with shading?

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Two options:

Use Format>Conditional Formatting.

In your first DATE cell, set the CF as:

Formula is:  =OR($A3="Sat",$A3="SUN")  click Format and set your Font
color to White (or whatever your background color is)

Copy this cell and Paste Special>Formats to the rest of the cells in
your ranges of DATE and BILL DTE

--OR--

use an IF statement to enter an empty string in your cells:

=IF(OR($A3="Sat",$A3="Sun"),"",B2+1)

In either option, adjust the cell references to meet your needs.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383650

Maybe you can use Format|Conditional formatting.

Select your range (B2:Cxxx) and with B2 the active cell
Format|conditional Formatting
formula is:  =WEEKDAY(B2,2)>5

And give it a white font on a white fill.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

Need to test a mobo

Compare 1 cell to column of cells returning adjacent cells info?
I want to compare the value in one cell to another column of cells in another work sheet and once the matching value is found I wan to return a different cells value that is on the same line as the matching cell. Example Sheet 1 value is 34 in B6, so I want it to search Sheet 3 colum J for the value 34 which is found on row 351. When a match is found the value returned needs to be from colum O so this would be O351. Does anybody know how to setup this function? You are describing the VLOOKUP() function =VLOOKUP(B6,'Sheet 3'!$J$1:$0$500,6,0) "Mr. Fine"...

How do capture the first three characters from one cell to another cell
"AGC4039" is in cell 1. I want cell 2 to grab the first thre characters from cell 1 so it will display "AGC" Anybody know if excel can do this? Thanks for your help! Ale -- ExcelAle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelAlex's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27129 =LEFT(cell1,3) works dandy -- jared ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jaredh's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Repeat Data from Cell Above
Hello All: I have a report that has been imported in to XL and am trying to wor with the data but have a pain staking task ahead. Example: Serial No TitleName Units OrderNo 35270 International Views 20 123 15 667 18 445 50 552 41155 RoloText 12 124 My goal is to have the TitleName repeat in the blank cells, as th values in the adj. cells belong to TitleName. TIA, Dheera -- Dheeraj_ -----------------------------------------------------------...

need help badly

I need Help

In Cell Editing
Hi there: Been using Excel for years but haven't asked this question until now... Could have saved myself a few days likely! Anyway, say I type BACON in a cell and press enter or tab - the focus moves to the cell below. If I arrow back up to the cell that has BACON in it, how do I start editing it without double clicking on it with the mouse? I don't want to delete BACON and start again, I want to edit BACON. After I'm done, I want to eat bacon. haha Thanks Press F2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in ...

Need Help Despertly!

Find & replace a value in an unknown cell location
Is there a function I can use to find a text string in a particular column - say in column (H) for string 'Mytotal' to be replaced by 'Subtotal' when the cell location of 'Mytotal' is unknown only the column is known? And also is there a function that can find a certain value in a column then delete the row below the found value? e.g in column (H) find 'Subtotal' then delete the row below the occurance of 'Subtotal'. Help is much appreciated with this one? You can use MATCH to find where "Mytotal" is located, assuming you know either th...

Plug in needed

Ranking range of cell with value only
I am ranking set of numbers (# of days worked) in a 10 cell column but the numbers of persons I rank differs from day to day. If I enter "0"(zero) on one of the cell, it ranks the whole ten cells. I have to enter Zero because that is the number of days worked. How can I enter the value of zero that does not activate the other blank cells? Here is my formula: =IF(ISNA(RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)),"",RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)) Thanks. -- cardingtr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cardingtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

AutoFilter.Range Visible Cells to Array?
The below snippet worked for me when I wanted to transfer an AutoFilter.Range of visible cells only to an Array. The code is a bit crude but this is the only way I could get it to work after many different trials. Is there a more efficient way? Thanks Dennis ====================================================================== dim myArr as variant dim rng1 as range, FRng as range dim LastCol as long, FRows as long LastCol = .Sheets(1).Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column <snip AutoFilter code> With Sheets(1).AutoFilter.Range Set rng1 = .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellType...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...