Need help with this problem

Hello,

I need a hand with the following problem as I have not used Excel fo
quite a while.

--------There are 4 categories of goods - A,B,C,D
--------Each category has 100 goods/supplies that range in price fro
$4.00 -$26.00(cents are inclusive: ie - one particular item in categor
A costs $15.41)
--------A certain # of goods must be chosen from each category a
follows:
A - 3
B - 4
C - 3
D - ONLY 1 ITEM IS NEEDED FROM THIS CATEGORY.

HERE IS THE TRICKY PART:

A buyer must select the exact number of goods required from eac
category and
the total cost of all 11 chosen goods cannot exceed $100.00 nor can i
be below $99.00.

So is there a way to get excel to do this and display what goods wer
chosen?
I also figure that there will be more than one set of 11 goods that ca
fit the answer,(maybe 100s of answers) so is there also a way of showin
all possible combinations?

Thanks in advance to all of you who respond my email i
stioffan@yahoo.com

And before you ask.  I am not in Algebra class trying to get othe
people to do my homework

--
stioffa
stioffan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2607

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Database problems in Vista
I have been using a database on my XP machine with Access 2007 without problems but when I run it on my Vista machine I cannot make any of the buttons on the switchboard work - I get the message: "The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Object or classs does not support the set of events!" I can run all the queries, forms etc from the database window. Is there something I need to do to make the switchboard buttons work? See: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html Option 2 is probably the best general solution. -- A...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Problem with OnInitialUpdate()
Hi all I am making a SDI Application for displaying images(say .bmp). I derived my view class from CScrollView. I Comments following lines in MyView::OnInitialUpdata(). file://CSize sizeTotal; // TODO: calculate the total size of this view // sizeTotal.cx = sizeTotal.cy = 100; // SetScrollSizes(MM_TEXT, sizeTotal) I use a function OnUpdate() in my view class. In this function, i set the view window size according to picture size which i have to display. When i run the program in ReleaseMode, picture is display in view window. If i don't comments above lines in OnInitialUpdate() then i do...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Exchange Explorer problem
I can't get access at all to Exchange Explorer I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable error occurred" I can't get into exchange explorer at all, I've tried administrator accounts as the username and pass and also accounts like exmerge, I've tried going to just server/exchange and exchange/mailbox using the mailbox I'm trying to get to's username and password. I recen...

Need help on this....thanks

Problems with carriage return in address field
I've read other feeds on this subject and I'm unable to fix my problem. I've developed a query with a field that concatenates multiple fields, excludes empty strings with Null and introduces carriage returns. Contatenation and carriage returns work, but my Null doesn't (I want all fields to move up if a field is empty). This is what I have so far: Address: ([tbl_Investigator]![Position] & Chr(13)+Chr(10) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address] & IIf(IsNull([tbl_Investigator]![Address]),Null,(Chr(13)+Chr(10)) & [tbl_Investigator]![Address2] & IIf(IsNull([...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

problem compiling the regexwrap by Paul DiLascia
I download the code from msdn manwrap and regexwrap written by Paul DiLascia. I have trouble compiling the code using .net 2005 studio for C I got "fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory" message. I could not find that header file anywhere in my winXp pro. I tried compiling at command environment with VSTUDIO standard 2003 still run into trouble with some header files then in the same XP for the 2003 studio, I tried to use the cl command to compile but I still having trouble locating some header files. where do I get th...

OWA problems #9
I am getting the "loading: window when attempting to access my Exchange server from the outside or inside. In looking at the properties of the virtual server in the "Access" tab there are relay restrictions to 2 internal IP addresses. Shouldn't this be set to "All". My Exchange server is 2003 Enterprise Edition behing an ISA firewall server. FYI, my GC is no longer on my doamin but a GC is being looked at from another domain I have. The main domain GC was lost when someone decommissiond an old Exchange server to soon. I don't know if this is the problem or not...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...