Need help on ouptput against range

Dear All.

Please help on following problem
I  have 8 different range as stated below.
Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B
and so on..

Col A        Col B        ColC
Start	End	Result
0	10	A
11	20	B
21	30	C
31	40	D
41	50	E
51	60	F
61	70	G
70	100	H

Based on some input i want output based on result of above range.
E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E
or my input is 9 then putput should be A

How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output.
Please help me on this urgently.

Regards
Anoop

--
anoop
anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066

=VLOOKUP(input,B2:C11,2)
for example: =VLOOKUP(42,B2:C11,2) would return E. The data in column A is
not needed for the VLOOKUP formula
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"anoop" <anoop.1xnxab_1130587502.0445@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:anoop.1xnxab_1130587502.0445@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Dear All.
>
> Please help on following problem
> I  have 8 different range as stated below.
> Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B
> and so on..
>
> Col A        Col B        ColC
> Start End Result
> 0 10 A
> 11 20 B
> 21 30 C
> 31 40 D
> 41 50 E
> 51 60 F
> 61 70 G
> 70 100 H
>
> Based on some input i want output based on result of above range.
> E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E
> or my input is 9 then putput should be A
>
> How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output.
> Please help me on this urgently.
>
> Regards
> Anoop
>

> --
> anoop
> anoop's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480341

Hi anoop

With your criteria in A1 to C8, if you want the result in  H7, try
=VLOOKUP(H7,A1:C8,3)
--
j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at.  Stilfontein, Northwest, South Africa

"anoop" wrote:

> Dear All.
>
> Please help on following problem
> I  have 8 different range as stated below.
> Every range has some result Like 0 to 10 has Result A, 11 to 20 has B
> and so on..
>
> Col A        Col B        ColC
> Start	End	Result
> 0	10	A
> 11	20	B
> 21	30	C
> 31	40	D
> 41	50	E
> 51	60	F
> 61	70	G
> 70	100	H
>
> Based on some input i want output based on result of above range.
> E.g. If my Input is 42 then output should be E
> or my input is 9 then putput should be A
>
> How can i make some formula in worksheet to get this type of output.
> Please help me on this urgently.
>
> Regards
> Anoop
>

> --
> anoop
> anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480341

With your input cell D1:

=LOOKUP(D1,A1:C8)

--

HTH,

RD

[...]

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/29/2005 4:39:30 PM
Thanks to all for Help.
Regards
Anoop

--
anoop
anoop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3066
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480341

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

calculating in a changing range
I am trying to find a maximum value in a range that will be changing (in starting position, and length). Here is an example, this is cells A1 to A13: 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 I want to find the max between zero points (In this case, there would be one max, and it would be 4). The number of zero points and the number of cells between them will change. Anyone have some idea of how to go about this, or anything to even get me started? Thank you! -- gkaste ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gkaste's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

need help badly

I need Help

Sort range changes during sort
After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and sort. At this point the sort range changes to include the entire row from A to IV of each row I selected. I've searched the options screen and help menu, but don't know why this is happening. Thanks in Advance. This is a complete guess--I couldn't duplicate what happened to you in xl2003. Do you have merged cells in that range? If yes, maybe that's the problem. coffedrinker2003 wrote: > > After highlighting the columns and rows I want sorted, I select data and > sort. At this point the so...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Need Help Despertly!

Ranking range of cell with value only
I am ranking set of numbers (# of days worked) in a 10 cell column but the numbers of persons I rank differs from day to day. If I enter "0"(zero) on one of the cell, it ranks the whole ten cells. I have to enter Zero because that is the number of days worked. How can I enter the value of zero that does not activate the other blank cells? Here is my formula: =IF(ISNA(RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)),"",RANK(B5,$B$5:$B$14,1)) Thanks. -- cardingtr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cardingtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Plug in needed

AutoFilter.Range Visible Cells to Array?
The below snippet worked for me when I wanted to transfer an AutoFilter.Range of visible cells only to an Array. The code is a bit crude but this is the only way I could get it to work after many different trials. Is there a more efficient way? Thanks Dennis ====================================================================== dim myArr as variant dim rng1 as range, FRng as range dim LastCol as long, FRows as long LastCol = .Sheets(1).Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Column <snip AutoFilter code> With Sheets(1).AutoFilter.Range Set rng1 = .Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellType...

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help