Need help in data copying.

Hi
I have an invoicing file in excel (Sheet1). I need to store the dat
which is invoiced into another sheet. My Invoice Data starting from Ro
8 and column B to F  (The first item is from B8-F8, second item i
B9-F9). B-Item Code, C-Item Name, D-Qty, E-Price, F-Total.
Once I print the invoice, I need to transfer the data to another shee
(Sheet2) .

When I create another invoice, the new data should be added below t
the previous data in Sheet2.  So that I can have all the items I sol
in Sheet2.

Can someone help me sending a macro for it???
I will be grateful to you.
Thanks in advance
Tom

How about something like this (But I'd run it on demand--not automatically):

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

    Dim historyWks As Worksheet
    Dim InvWks As Worksheet
    Dim destCell As Range

    Set InvWks = Worksheets("Invoice")
    Set historyWks = Worksheets("Log")

    With historyWks
        Set destCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    End With

    With InvWks
        .Range("b8", .Range("b8").End(xlDown)).Resize(, 5).Copy
    End With
    destCell.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues

End Sub

It assumes that column B in Invoice is always used and you want it pasted into
column B of the Log worksheet.

"SMILE <" wrote:

> Hi
> I have an invoicing file in excel (Sheet1). I need to store the data
> which is invoiced into another sheet. My Invoice Data starting from Row
> 8 and column B to F  (The first item is from B8-F8, second item is
> B9-F9). B-Item Code, C-Item Name, D-Qty, E-Price, F-Total.
> Once I print the invoice, I need to transfer the data to another sheet
> (Sheet2) .
>
> When I create another invoice, the new data should be added below to
> the previous data in Sheet2.  So that I can have all the items I sold
> in Sheet2.
>
> Can someone help me sending a macro for it???
> I will be grateful to you.
> Thanks in advance
> Toms
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
9/14/2004 9:57:22 PM
And if you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at:

"SMILE <" wrote:

> Hi
> I have an invoicing file in excel (Sheet1). I need to store the data
> which is invoiced into another sheet. My Invoice Data starting from Row
> 8 and column B to F  (The first item is from B8-F8, second item is
> B9-F9). B-Item Code, C-Item Name, D-Qty, E-Price, F-Total.
> Once I print the invoice, I need to transfer the data to another sheet
> (Sheet2) .
>
> When I create another invoice, the new data should be added below to
> the previous data in Sheet2.  So that I can have all the items I sold
> in Sheet2.
>
> Can someone help me sending a macro for it???
> I will be grateful to you.
> Thanks in advance
> Toms
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Chart created on larger screen
Hi all, i have a 21" screen and all the other staff have 17", so when i create a graph with code, it is the the size of my screen and is too big for the rest of the company screens. Is there a way around this ?? Thanks in advance for any help... -- Les ...

Need step by step PTR Reverse DNS setup instructions
I have W2K Server & Exchange 2000 Server both installed on the First DC (name=MAIN). My local domain is a Dummy domain. I chose this because my Exchange server hadles three domains (names = <X>, <Y>, and <Z>). I have an ISP but they do not handle any DNS for me. My DNS server is standalone (name=DNS). I point my domain provider (Network Solutions) to my DNS server. My son, in another city, is my second DNS nameserver. I have a forward lookup zone for domains X,Y and Z. I have my hosts, alias and Exchange MX records defined. I am able to send and receive emails t...

Data entry form
Hi, I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter = "user letter" ? Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to find the one is looking for. regards Peter Piotr This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module ...

Orphaned Links -- HELP!
Mac PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM running Excel 2004 I copied a range of cells into a a new worksheet in a workbook. Now I've got a mysterious link I don't want somewhere on the copied range. I cannot find any external links in the copied cells -- they are all numbers and text, no formulas. I've tried Edit|Links|Break Link but it doesn't work. I tried moving the new worksheet out of the old workbook. When I try to save the old workbook without the new worksheet, Excel asks me if I want to save the link to the new unnamed worksheet. I have the options of OK and Cancel. I hit Cancel,...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

badly need some help on CRM customization
Hi badly need some help on CRM customization. I need to add an additional account lookup field to the sold product. We sell software and we need to track end users (40% of buyers aren't the end users), so i want to be able to set an end user (to attach an account) to each product in the order. Yes I know that 1.2 doesn't support custom lookup fields but i need to transfer all of the data from our current customer database and i want it to be accessible from one interface. I wonder if i can create a field in the SalesOrderDetail table to store accountid (uniqueidentifier type), map i...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Need help writing an update query
I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have two tables with fields that need linked to add an update. To show what I want to do I have put the table and fields in brackets. Thanks. Here it is: If [Status Table:Status=Sold or No Bid] and [Status Table:Date=1/11/2008] then in [List Table:Publication Fee] enter [$30.00] On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:23:17 -0800, Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have >two tables with fields that need linked to add a...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

publisher 2003 can't upload site Please Help
Greetings, I have tried to upload my 2003 publisher website for 4 hours. I know how to use ftp, I know how to use http due to the wonderful directions I found through this website. When I use FTP I get 'Publisher could not save the fiel to the Web. Check your URL or network connection'. I check them and they are fine. When I use HTTP the programs stops responding, the page goes white and this can be verified by ctrl alt delete and you can clearly see the writing not responding. After I get it shut down I get a error report. Error signature: szAppName: MSPUB.EXE szAppVer:...

Need help please
Hey all, I am running Outlook that came with Office XP - 2002 I believe? Anyway, yesterday, I installed a new motherboard, and ended up having to reformat and install XP Pro SP2 clean. Thought I would get away with just a repair install of XP, as this has worked for me in the past, did not this time, so stupidly I was not as prepared as I would have liked to been. I have a backup, image that is, saved on an external usb drive with Drive Image 7. It is my hope, to be able to get to my Outlook folder, using Image Explorer built into Drive Image. I have reinstalled Outlook from Office XP...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

*HELP* Winmail.dat Attachments Wont Go Away
Hello-- Our EVP is trying to email to our legal council and a couple of our BODs (all of which have AOL as their ISPs) and her Word docs and Adobe PDF attachments are being received as winmail.dat files. We are using Exchange Server 2003 Standard and Outlook 2003. We have read MS articles and Symantec articles and have changed her to plain text only--nothing works. Please let us know if you have a solution to this issue. Many thanks, Stephen Where did you change it to plaintext only? Go into outlook and do it there, where you can do no bold underlining NOTHING, if you do it from the...

Picklist copying
Hello Guys I've basically got an issue where I have modified the categories picklist with about 50 categories. Atleast I did origionally. I was still learning how to use Microsoft CRM and I lsot all the entries in the picklist when I re-installed. Thats a question for another time though. Basically my question is, I need to do two things. Firstly I need to populate a listbox with 50 or so entries. Is there anyway to do this without adding them manually through the customize form view? If the answer is no, then how can I use this same data to populate a listbox for accounts? I have...

automaticly copy data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to find out if there is a formula that will automaticly transfer a row of data to another worksheet in the active workbook once a certain cell is populated???? just in case this sounds confusing let me clearify.... i have a main spreadsheet that has data for 3 companies, I want to just put a "x" in a certain cell that will then make that entire row of data copy to the worksheet designated for that specific company.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! thanks in advance! Hi Emily, A formula cannot change the value of another it can *ONLY* return a value. For what you want, you would ...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Need count of updates after UPDATE query
Is there any way to get the count of updates after running this? strSQL = "UPDATE ..." currentproject.connection.execute strSQL On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:04:00 -0800, mscertified wrote: > Is there any way to get the count of updates after running this? > > strSQL = "UPDATE ..." > currentproject.connection.execute strSQL Look up the RecordAffected property in VBA help. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Date Calc. HELP
Hi, My formula: IF($H$37<>MONTH(3)*YEAR(2005),"",$H$37+3) IF H37 is less than or grater than March 2005 (not in March) then, display nothing, elae (if it is in March)display the date+3. I want it to display a date in March only not in any other month. H37 has March 26, 2005 in it. I want the formula cell to display March 29th. If H37 has no date I want the formula cell to display nothing and if the H37+3 is in April and not in March I want nothing displayed also, diaplay only if the +3 is a date in March. What I get with the above is nothing if there is a date in March. W...

Pdf'ing - hyperlinks will be lost
I'm trying to create a pdf with an excel file, but it tells me that links etc will be lost if I don't clear the print titles. The print titles is the repeating first row. This spreadsheet is simply a contact list and is more than one page, so I want to keep ththe first row as repeating on all pages. How do I work around this. It's a contact list, so I want the links to email addresses to remain as hyperlinks. Thanks. Diana Hi Diana, You could easily record a macro to turn them off File, Setup, sheet, Repeat rows at top Print as PDF to a file from the File, Print men...

Data from non-adjacent cells as input for Linest
Hi, I would like to use data as input for Linest that is in the following cells: known y: A1 to A3, A10 to A12 known x: B1 to B3, B10 to B12 I have the feeling that this is almost answered in the following posts, but I do not understand it: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/fe4463f591797f44/4061a15313417929?lnk=gst&q=linest+#4061a15313417929 Regards, David ...

transfer data range from criteria in 2 combo boxes
i have 2 combo boxes "com1" and "com2" i want the value in "com1" to help me decide which columns to target and i would like "com2" to decide which rows to target from another worksheet "sheet2" example: if the value of "com1" was "red" and the value of "com2" was "5/1/10" then i can return C5-C35 from "sheet2" into "a1-a31" in the original sheet example: if the value of "com1" was "blue" and the value of "com2" was "5/2/10" then...

Help Help!!! RPC over HTTP
My computer has all the certificate authority trusted in my root certification authorities. I still cant get it to work it will only work when I have the computer in the same network. I have Win20003 server, Exchange SP1 and Windows XP SP1. can someone help me this is a stand alone server. I checked everything and everything looks ok. I must be missing something, Note that when I do a https://server/remote it takes me direct to the page because the certificate is already installed. thanks for your help Hi there, i hope you don't mind im joining in your conversation. actually im trying to...

Information need on Event ID 3128 (MSExchangeMTA)
I got the following warning - Exchange 2003 Event ID: 3128 Source: MSExchangeMTA Description: An MTA database server error was encountered. [XAPI APPLICATION 26 253] (14) Is something to worry about? The MTA is up and running. Mail delivery is going on. -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator ...