NEED HELP - Calculating dates and times

Hello,

Below is an example of my spreadsheet...

RecvdDate	RecvdTime	ClosedDateClosedTimeCall Duration
9/3/2004	10:39:22	9/3/2004	12:35:37   (Need formula)
5/9/2005	16:00:52	5/12/2005	14:34:47
5/12/2005	11:57:11	5/12/2005	12:48:35
5/12/2005	12:55:53	5/12/2005	14:51:19
5/13/2005	13:39:08	5/16/2005	15:21:58
5/17/2005	16:58:59	5/25/2005	13:00:01

I need to determine the hours it takes to resolve a Help Desk issue.  I hope
that you can help me with this.

Sandy
0
Sandy (74)

"Sandy" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Below is an example of my spreadsheet...
>
> RecvdDate	RecvdTime	ClosedDateClosedTimeCall Duration
> 9/3/2004	10:39:22	9/3/2004	12:35:37   (Need formula)
> 5/9/2005	16:00:52	5/12/2005	14:34:47
> 5/12/2005	11:57:11	5/12/2005	12:48:35
> 5/12/2005	12:55:53	5/12/2005	14:51:19
> 5/13/2005	13:39:08	5/16/2005	15:21:58
> 5/17/2005	16:58:59	5/25/2005	13:00:01
>
> I need to determine the hours it takes to resolve a Help Desk issue.  I hope
> that you can help me with this.

Sandy

=(C2+D2)-(A2+B2) and format as dd "days" hh:mm

Regards
Peter
Combine the received date and time into one column, and combine the closed
date and time into one column. Then =(b1-a1)/24
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Below is an example of my spreadsheet...
>
> RecvdDate RecvdTime ClosedDateClosedTimeCall Duration
> 9/3/2004 10:39:22 9/3/2004 12:35:37   (Need formula)
> 5/9/2005 16:00:52 5/12/2005 14:34:47
> 5/12/2005 11:57:11 5/12/2005 12:48:35
> 5/12/2005 12:55:53 5/12/2005 14:51:19
> 5/13/2005 13:39:08 5/16/2005 15:21:58
> 5/17/2005 16:58:59 5/25/2005 13:00:01
>
> I need to determine the hours it takes to resolve a Help Desk issue.  I
hope
> that you can help me with this.
>
> Sandy

0
ng1 (1444)
7/11/2005 8:30:02 PM
Note that this formatting fails if the user selects (or has opened a
previous workbook set to) the 1904 date system, since "dd" is day of the
month, not elapsed days.

Likewise, if the elapsed time is greater than 31 days, the displayed
value will be wrong.

In article <5356161E-9A2B-4BF9-8D8C-9D65ABAAA5FD@microsoft.com>,
 "PeterAtherton" <PeterAtherton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> =(C2+D2)-(A2+B2) and format as dd "days" hh:mm
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/11/2005 8:37:28 PM
Multiplying by 24 will give hours...

    =(B2-A2)*24

But there's no need to combine the dates and times:

    =(C2+D2-A2-B2)*24

In article <8c0c0$42d2d5fa$97c5108d$16519@allthenewsgroups.com>,
 "Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote:

> Combine the received date and time into one column, and combine the closed
> date and time into one column. Then =(b1-a1)/24
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/11/2005 8:44:04 PM
I think
=C1-A1+D1-B1
would work for you.

Regards,

--
Barrie Davidson

Barrie Davidson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16930
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=386249

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

Date shows as 01/01/00
We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed the format to Date 03/01/01 format but no matter what I do, any date is converted to 01/01/00. I have tried inserting a column, copying to another spreadsheet, etc. I know this is probably simple, but it's driving me crazy. Help please. In an un-used cell enter: =TODAY() if this is not the correct date, then touch CNTRL-ALT-F9 on the keyboard post what happens. -- Gary''s Student "Kmagg" wrote: > We have a spreadsheet that we want to enter a date in a cell. I have changed > the...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Wrong time in Outlook
Hi, I've got a really strange problem. My Mails in Outlook have all the wrong time - 9 hours back. This affects incoming and outgoing mails. It can't be a matter of the e-mail-provider because I've got accounts in gmx, web, yahoo, gmail and all have the same problem. Where can outlook get the wrong time ? The system time is correct of course. Thanks for your help. Ralf is the system time zone correct? whois shows your posting IP is in Germany... and windows defaults to pacific time zone so that would account for the difference. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

Macro help needed........

Date Format Conversion?
I have a tab delimited text file with a column of dates. I copied and pasted a selection of them below as a reference, there are in reality over 35,000 rows of these dates. These text dates must be converted to the following date format and saved back into a text file as such: mm/dd/yyyy That includes leading zeroes in months and dates. E.g. 01/01/1999 To complicate matters, I need to explain the process to others. Does anyone even know where I should begin? THANK YOU, - Chris +++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 9031989 8131990 9201989 1271990 10291989 1081990 3041990 10051989 4191990 10...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

How to access Customer Due Date for current transaction
Hi Everyone ? I am looking to display payment due date on the invoice for my customer when the tender type is store account Currently I have 2 type of due date : 14 days and 30 days So for example if invoice date is today 1 Sept 2010. I need to print the due date as 15 Sept 2010 How can I access the customer account due date in receipt ? I tried Customer.AccountDueDateType and I got error "token not found" anyone has an idea ? Thank you, Regards, Joie ...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...