Need Formula to detect duplicate invoices

I need a help with formula to detect duplicate invoices (payments) listed in
my column I2 through I8317.  In a separate column (next to it) I want the
computer to return information either by indicating "duplicate" or giving me
number of counts for particular invoice.  The formula I tried was:
=COUNTIF(Invoice Number!$I$2:$I$8317,)I2

but it doesn't work and shows value error.

Tx.
0
XYZ

Take a look here:

    http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

In article <55b20bbda952a@uwe>, "XYZ via OfficeKB.com" <u14790@uwe>
wrote:

> I need a help with formula to detect duplicate invoices (payments) listed in
> my column I2 through I8317.  In a separate column (next to it) I want the
> computer to return information either by indicating "duplicate" or giving me
> number of counts for particular invoice.  The formula I tried was:
> =COUNTIF(Invoice Number!$I$2:$I$8317,)I2
>
> but it doesn't work and shows value error.
>
> Tx.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

How do I Set up a Invoice in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (.
How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (Excel) With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) Check out the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx "Chandrasekar G Yadav" wrote: > How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 > Professional (Excel) > With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Tab Duplication Issue?
Our client's PC is running OneNote 2007, SP2, on Windows XP, SP3. We run identical versions on his laptop, and share a OneNote notebook on a network drive, where both PC’s can access the file. OneNote will randomly hit an error where it creates new tabs for new data, and will not update changes from a tab from one system or the other. This generates two versions of a tab, and makes merging the data difficult at best. This issue is re-occurring, how do we prevent the tab duplication issue? Note: The share OneNote Notebook gets taken offline while he works on it and then he c...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Help with formula 12-17-09

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Invoice print order
Can invoices be printed in customer NAME order? Laura, I don't believe so. The reason I don't believe that will work is that the sort is hard coded in Dexterity and while I haven't tested this in a while, I'm pretty sure the "sort by" clause as issue by Dexterity will override any user added sorts. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Laura Anne" <LauraAnne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FC967CD-80DC-431A-AA4F-F1FBC75F88F4@microsoft.com... >...

need help badly

I need Help

Need Help Despertly!

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...

Excel formulas #3
I am using a workday fomula to fill in dates across my spreadsheet. The formula also removes holidays. I need to include Saturdays as a workday. How can I accomplish this? =B1+SMALL(IF((WEEKDAY(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))))={2,3,4,5,6,7})* ISNA(MATCH(B1+(ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),holidays,0)),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&10))),1) this is an arry formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "aviationmech" <aviationmech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D014DA1C-4B9F-4285-8C28-C804362521...

Which setting do I need to adjust
I've noticed that when using my default browser IE 8 and I click on a link that is suppose to start a download, it doesn't. When I click on the same link in firefox the download starts like it should. Can anyone tell me what setting in IE 8 is preventing the download from starting? on the page it says "Downloading: 50fpct-Just4freeplanet.com.rar | 34.7 MB" but in IE 8 it isn't downloading. It also isn't asking me if I want to allow IE 8 to download the file like it sometimes does. Thanks Shep wrote: > I've noticed that when using my d...