need a macro which can combine 2 excel sheets data

I have an excel file with some data till row 50.(can be more or less)
and another excel file with data till row 100 (can be more or less)

what i want is that i get a macro which automatically adds the dat
from second sheet below the data in sheet 1.

the data in first file can end on row 50 or 60 or at any row

thank u so much

any ideas

and i have to combine more 30 files like these into that first file

Hi
as a starting point see
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"vikram >" <<vikram.15hauc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:vikram.15hauc@excelforum-nospam.com...
> I have an excel file with some data till row 50.(can be more or less)
> and another excel file with data till row 100 (can be more or less)
>
> what i want is that i get a macro which automatically adds the data
> from second sheet below the data in sheet 1.
>
> the data in first file can end on row 50 or 60 or at any row
>
> thank u so much
>
> any ideas
>

> and i have to combine more 30 files like these into that first file.
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Text Values #2
I'm tryng to build a spreadsheet to track employee vacations. How do I sum 8 hours if a cell has a "V" entered and 4 hours if a cell has an "X" entered? Assuming you're using column A, and each row is either the number of hours worked, or a V or a X, then use a helper column, B, and insert this in B1 and copy down.......change the A1's to A2's if you have a header in Row 1, and put this in B2. =IF(A1="V",8,IF(A1="X",4,A1)) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brando" <carpenterchsd@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1113...

Can't access
I just bought Windows XP and installed MS OFFICE Student Edition 2003. It doesn't have MS Publisher as part of the program. I really don't need Publisher anymore as I have several other programs that do the same for me, but I had Publisher 98 installed before and I have many files that are saved in Publisher. In spite of having reinstalled my Publisher 98, I can't open any of my files. How can I access my files so that I can save them in another program without having to buy a new version of Publisher I have Corel Word Perfect Office 11 -- Corel Draw 9 & Essentials -- Photo E...

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

Do I have to use Conditional Formatting or a Macro?
Hi All, I have a table like this: Value1 Value2 Value3 aq x 3 aa y 5 The cells under 'Value2' already have a ConditionalFormatting (with 3 conditions) to change the background color. I'd like to know if it's possible to apply a format (ie just border) to the entire row, and copy the ConditionalFormatting regarding the 'Value2' column, as soon as I insert a new record in 'Value1'. That is, when cells under 'Value' are not blank, then the row will have a border, and cell under 'Value2' has ConditionalFormatting...

error 0x80040126 I can recieve emails but cannot send
I am getting the Task Error (0x80040126) when sending e-mails. Error message shows up, also says not connected to server. I can recieve e-mails, but error shows up every time. I've contacted comcast, but they assure that it is a Microsoft issue. BTW I have Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003. Are you sure this error is associated with your Comcast e-mail address and not a Hotmail account? The reason I ask is that I am used to seeing this error with the connector that allows one to add a Hotmail mailbox to Outlook 2003. If it is the later, have you tried uninstalling/...

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Outlook 2007 Can't find older emails
Two of my coworkers were bashing Outlook today because the instant search wasn't finding some of their older emails. It seems to be emails that are older than about 90 days it can't find them. The pst files that contain them are definitely open in outlook and the indexing service said it was complete. On my box, same setup - outlook 2007 and windows xp - i'm getting the results i expect. its finding emails from several years back. Any thoughts? are there any "only index emails younger than X days" settings or anything like that? Thanks in advance! are they usi...

Macro help needed........

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Counting Data from Multiple Records
Colleagues, I am tasked to generate an Access 2007 report providing the number of times a person has participated in each of several positions at our events. The master table (tAllRecs) contains everyone's names and member numbers (key), among other things that don't matter for this report (addresses, phone numbers, etc.). The event table (tEvent) contains the Event Number (key) and a field for each of the 40 positions we need to fill at each event (fPos01, fPos02, fPos03,�). The report needs to list the number of times each member has served in ...

Macro to sort a predefined list
I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area (A2:K103) on my sheet the same way as selecting the area manually and then selecting sort. Can this be done and how? Record a macro while doing this, then attach it to a button from the forms toolbar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) <rob_summers@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:G3jEc.9827$pw6.5954@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com... > I need to make a button on my excel sheet that will sort a pre-defined area > ...

Linking errors with MFC Dialog Based application and Crypto++ #2
* bump * Any suggestions? Please... * bump * -- Crocodil ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Could you provide the linking error you have got! ...

Need help on this....thanks

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

I need Help

Excel 2003 coding issue
I have a button, when pressed it will ask the user to select the email address from sheet 2, the problem i'm having is if I hide columns A, B and C it comes up with a debug error but if the columns stay visable it works? VB highlights the following: Set EmailAddr = Application.InputBox("Select Email Addresses, Click on the Email Worksheet" & vbCrLf & _ "Hold down Contrl Key to select multiple addresses", Type:=8) Please help. ...