Need a lookup formula that matches 2 values and returns the 3rd va

I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record 
keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some 
orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup 
search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders 
for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order 
number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates 
and match the dates.
I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order 
number and date. I tried a simple vlookup, but it returns the same status for 
each order #. I need the order status based on number and date. Please HELP.
   A          B                C            D                E               
        F
Order #   Date           Order #   Date	Status                
433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
433601    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
433665    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
519080    5/8/2009     433548    5/8/2009	On hold
519080    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full

0
Utf
2/18/2010 4:46:02 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

3 Replies
898 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 11

It is too difficult [for me] to understand what you are after.
As there are only a few orders in you example - would you be so kind to 
present [typed by hand] the col. F results !?
Micky



"HFST04" wrote:

> I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record 
> keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some 
> orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup 
> search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders 
> for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order 
> number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates 
> and match the dates.
> I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order 
> number and date. I tried a simple vlookup, but it returns the same status for 
> each order #. I need the order status based on number and date. Please HELP.
>    A          B                C            D                E               
>         F
> Order #   Date           Order #   Date	Status                
> 433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
> 433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> 433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> 433601    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> 433665    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> 519080    5/8/2009     433548    5/8/2009	On hold
> 519080    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> 
0
Utf
2/18/2010 6:26:01 PM
I need col F to return the status "On Hold, Shipped in Part, Shipped in full" 
by matching the order # and date in col C and D to col A and B. 
What I'm looking for is a formula that says if A1 (433548) = C1 (433548) and 
B1(4/29/2009) = D1 (4/29/2009) then F = On Hold. If A2 (433548) = C2 (433548) 
and B2(5/7/2009) = D (5/7/2009) then F = Shipped in part.
The problem i have with my vlookup is it rerutrns the same Status (On Hold 
etc) for each order number, but I need the status based on order number and 
date.
Thank you
A             B                C            D                E
433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full


"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> It is too difficult [for me] to understand what you are after.
> As there are only a few orders in you example - would you be so kind to 
> present [typed by hand] the col. F results !?
> Micky
> 
> 
> 
> "HFST04" wrote:
> 
> > I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record 
> > keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some 
> > orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup 
> > search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders 
> > for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order 
> > number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates 
> > and match the dates.
> > I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order 
> > number and date. I tried a simple vlookup, but it returns the same status for 
> > each order #. I need the order status based on number and date. Please HELP.
> >    A          B                C            D                E               
> >         F
> > Order #   Date           Order #   Date	Status                
> > 433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
> > 433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > 433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> > 433601    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > 433665    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > 519080    5/8/2009     433548    5/8/2009	On hold
> > 519080    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> > 
0
Utf
2/18/2010 6:44:03 PM
This might come close to what you are looking for:
In call F2 type and copy down till F4:
{=INDEX(E$2:E$8,SMALL(IF(A$2:A$8=A2,ROW(F$2:F$8)-1,9),ROW()-1))}
This is an array formula, and is to be entered with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather 
than with simply ENTER.
The curly brackets {} are not to be typed manually, those are entered by the 
“Excel”, when the formula is entered as an Array formula.
Micky


"HFST04" wrote:

> I need col F to return the status "On Hold, Shipped in Part, Shipped in full" 
> by matching the order # and date in col C and D to col A and B. 
> What I'm looking for is a formula that says if A1 (433548) = C1 (433548) and 
> B1(4/29/2009) = D1 (4/29/2009) then F = On Hold. If A2 (433548) = C2 (433548) 
> and B2(5/7/2009) = D (5/7/2009) then F = Shipped in part.
> The problem i have with my vlookup is it rerutrns the same Status (On Hold 
> etc) for each order number, but I need the status based on order number and 
> date.
> Thank you
> A             B                C            D                E
> 433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
> 433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> 433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> 
> 
> "מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:
> 
> > It is too difficult [for me] to understand what you are after.
> > As there are only a few orders in you example - would you be so kind to 
> > present [typed by hand] the col. F results !?
> > Micky
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "HFST04" wrote:
> > 
> > > I neeed to merge 16000 rows of data with some duplicate vales. Poor record 
> > > keeping lead to two lists and each was updated independantly if at all. Some 
> > > orders show up one list and not the other so I can't just sort or do a dup 
> > > search. I'm trying to recreate this data and track the status of all orders 
> > > for the past 12 months. When orders were shipped out in parts the same order 
> > > number was used and this has been a nightmare trying to sort the duplicates 
> > > and match the dates.
> > > I need a formula for F that returns the current status based on the order 
> > > number and date. I tried a simple vlookup, but it returns the same status for 
> > > each order #. I need the order status based on number and date. Please HELP.
> > >    A          B                C            D                E               
> > >         F
> > > Order #   Date           Order #   Date	Status                
> > > 433548    4/29/2009   433548    4/29/2009	On hold
> > > 433548    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > > 433548    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> > > 433601    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > > 433665    5/7/2009     433548    5/7/2009	Shipped in part
> > > 519080    5/8/2009     433548    5/8/2009	On hold
> > > 519080    5/9/2009     433548    5/9/2009	Shipped full
> > > 
0
Utf
2/18/2010 8:04:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Graph
Hi, Here is the problem - There is a graph I have to create, based on the following information: I have projects names, and each project has the following data: 1. Estimated cost. 2. Actual cost. 3.Status, which can be one of 3: a. over with b. in progress c. per demand I need to put the data on a 3D column graph, in a way that each project will have 2 columns that compare estimated and actual cost, but the problem is I also need to put some kind of an attribute on every project which reflects its status. How do I do that? Thanks in advance, Chen. Chen - I'd suggest a 2D chart type in...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need
Hello all, I am obviously a new user to excel. I have a psychological assessmen that needs to be computerised for ease of use in obtaining results. Here is what i would like to happen. I have 28 questions with fiv Likert scale options(0-4) for answers. Each question addresses 1 of different personality traits. So questions 1, 6, 8, 22 look at anger. Where as questions 2, 9, 28 look at happiness. What i would like is fo excel to group the answers and give me the total number for each trait. Then based on that number, give out a prewritten (which i would provide result of the assessment. ...

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Text Values #2
I'm tryng to build a spreadsheet to track employee vacations. How do I sum 8 hours if a cell has a "V" entered and 4 hours if a cell has an "X" entered? Assuming you're using column A, and each row is either the number of hours worked, or a V or a X, then use a helper column, B, and insert this in B1 and copy down.......change the A1's to A2's if you have a header in Row 1, and put this in B2. =IF(A1="V",8,IF(A1="X",4,A1)) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Brando" <carpenterchsd@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1113...

Need Min Value from Row and Heading Value that Corresponds to it.
I have a table that looks somewhat like this w/o the *'d headings: h1 h2 h3 h4 h5 h6 h7 *Min Price *Heading $5.00 $6.00 $3.00 $4.00 $9.00 $1.00 $9.00 $1.00 h6 $3.00 $6.00 $8.00 $65.00 $9.00 $2.00 $4.00 $2.00 h6 $4.00 $9.00 $5.00 $7.00 $1.00 $2.00 $8.00 $1.00 h5 $9.00 $7.00 $6.00 $3.00 $9.00 $8.00 $2.00 $2.00 h7 $7.00 $8.00 $9.00 $7.00 $9.00 $8.00 $8.00 $7.00 h1 I have several SKU's with various price contract/programs. I want to find the best price in one cell and the heading that would correspond to that cell in another. I was trying to do this with an expression ...

Match value in one column and return value in same row in next col
Hi, I have a a set of values in A1 through A100. I need to look up each value and find a match in another set of values located in C1 through C200. If a match is found then I need the formula located in column B to return the value in the same row but the next column over (D). Example: A B C D 359 375 10012 456 125 10031 125 10031 952 10052 854 444 10017 The formula located in B3 should find that the value of 125 (located in A3) matches the value in C2 and returns 10031 which is the v...

Make typing "jump" to matching item(s) in drop-down list?
Is there any way to make a drop-down list work so that typing causes a "jump" to a matching item in the list? For example, if the list includes "chair," can it be formatted so that typing c-h- brings up "chair" in the drop-down list? This would be a huge time-saver in lengthy drop-down lists. We can make Access do it--can Excel? If you show the Control toolbox toolbar (view|Toolbars), you can add a Combobox from that toolbar. Rightclick on it and choose properties. You'll be able to set the linkedcell, listfillrange, style, and matchentry properties to...

Excel need help
I have 2 columns a and b . a contains payment b contains balance. I have the entire col b with the formula. my ? is when the balance appearsin b it is in all the cells in that column.I only want it in the used ones, not the unused ones:( example $270.00 16,730.00 $270.00 16,460.00 $100.00 16,360.00 $300.00 16,060.00 $270.00 15,790.00 15,790.00 15,790.00 15,790.00 15,790.00 15,790.00 this 15790.00 is in col b...not a...I want no bal in unused cells -- fiftieslady ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fiftieslady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.co...

Need Help Linking Sheets
How can I link 2 pages without using the actual sheet as a reference? In other words, can I have two sheets linked by Identifying the same exact names one on each sheet? ...

Excel newbie needs help from math wiz (poker related)
I want to create a Excel workbook that will help in specific poker situations. Short version: I want to be able to calculate how often my opponent will need to fold for an all-in raise to show a positive expectation. Explanation: In poker you can win a hand by having the best hand at the end OR getting your opponent to fold. A common situation comes up where you have a "drawing hand" and face a bet by your opponent. In this situation you know you are currently behind in the hand, but have a chance to win if you catch some of your "outs" (cards that will give you th...

Multiple Recipient Policies #2
I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003 SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with a single mailbox store also called "Archive". Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group? Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive use...

Macro help needed........
How do I sort a particular column in ascending order and change the pag setup to landscape and margins to 0.25 using a macro code ? does anyone have a macro code for this ????? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you have already received some answers in your previous threads please don't multipost! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > How do I sort a particular column in ascending order and change the > page setup to landscape and margins to 0.25 using a macro code ? > > does anyone have a macro code for this ?????? > > > --- > Me...

Need to test a mobo
I had a power surge about 3 weeks ago - lost a drive, now making ticking noises. I had another two drive that seem to work sporadically now. So, I thought it might have been my power supply. Bought a tester and found out that all seems well. Next, I bought a new hard drive and found that it was also acting up - making noises like whirring up and down (like the other drives I thought were dead). So I am starting to wonder if it is my mobo - but how can I test this out? I am using a dual boot - Win XP and Win 7 - both drives work and don't work. Up and down. Right now my Win7 ...

Help needed
is there anyway you can see what links to other workbooks are associated with the workbook you have open. The problem i am having is when i open the workbook in question a message appears and states "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook" Yes....... No. if i click No the workbook opens, however if i click Yes the workbook just hangs and i have to go into task manager to shut down the system. I can only assume that there is a problem with one of the links....

Need help on this....thanks
I have an Excel worksheet which stored a survey outcome of over 1200 members. There are over 30 questions in the survey and the first column captured the member ID. The problem is 3 of the survey questions that allow multiple answers, instead the answer for those three questions are captured in seperate column, the answers are stored in a single column and it makes it very difficult to analysis those result. As a result I created addittional columns depending on the total number of the answers available for that question and assign the result manually to that column. It is very time consuming ...

2 sumif functions in one formula
Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula and return the same results. If so, how would the formula be written? Thanks. Todd If you are to return the same results why do you need 2 formulas? It would be good to give specifics with examples. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04d201c3b391$f9f5ef20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have 2 sumif functions in one formula > and return the same results. If so, how would the formula > be written? Thanks. > > T...

Help with formula 12-17-09
Let's say I have in cell A1 a combo box with options: 1. Expense 2. Refund 3. Tax In cell B1 I will type a number In cell C3 I want a formula like this: If in cell A1 I have selected 1. Expense than calculate B1*25 If in cell A1 I have selected 2. Refund than calculate B1*50 If in cell A1 I have selected 3. Tax than calculate B1*150 How can I apply the combo box to entire column, like if I go to row 2 to find in B1 the combo box from A1 and in C2 the formula from C1 Thanks for the help In c1: =IF(A1="Expense",B1*25,IF(A1="Refund",B1*50,B1*150)) Micky ...

Filtering problem #2
Dear All, Is it possible to return results from the same row but within differen columns using a filter? I appreciate your help -- gaftali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47302 Hi there, Not sure what you mean there. Can you explain 'return results'? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) "gaftalik" <gaftalik.1wdxqa_1128441903.0178@excelforum-n...

I need Help
I have a random popup that i cant stop,when it does come up it seems to know what i was looking at,like when i was looking for registry cleaner it popped up and showed me one,any help would be great. On Jan 22, 6:57=A0am, Larry <La...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a random popup that i cant stop,when it does come up it seems to k= now > what i was looking at,like when i was looking for registry cleaner it pop= ped > up and showed me one,any help would be great. To eliminate questions and guessing, please provide additional information about your sys...

need help badly
How do you print ole objects.. Thanks lachanda -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:13:40 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >How do you print ole objects.. >Thanks >lachanda What *kind* of OLE objects? Many of them are binary blobs (such as programs) which are inherently not printable. More details please! John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Stuck in review and need to be in design.
I am using Visio 2007. I need to complete the diagram that I have been working on and I hit the review key by mistake. How do I get back to the design screen? On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 16:14:01 -0800, cameron <cameron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using Visio 2007. I need to complete the diagram that I have been >working on and I hit the review key by mistake. How do I get back to the >design screen? menu Tools -> Track Markup and then close the Review window. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. DFD/SSADM for Visio http://www.visio-dfd.sa...

Money Deluxe 05 #2
I purchased Money Deluxe 05 from the Microsoft website a week ago(downloaded it) and paid $63.00.Once I installed the program I keep receiving a screen asking me to upgrade the TRIAL VERSION to the Deluxe version even though I have paid 63.00 and my credit card has been charged. I contacted Microsoft for help and I was told that soon I will receive a letter in the mail explaining how to get rid off that screen..nothing else...Anybody knows how to get to the real thing and get rid off the trial version. I love the program but this goes beyond any imagination!!!!!..Help!!!!! ...

A9 (1/2 page) top fold card
Hi. I recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007. I was pleased to see it now includes half-page top fold cards. It seems to work for smaller cards but not for half page cards. It keeps putting pages 2 and 3 next to each other (a la side-fold) rather than above and below. I'd rather not go back to rotating the image myself. Am I doing something wrong or id this a bug? Thanks -- Denise - Somerset Hills Handicapped Riding Center I am having the identical problem today. I really need a top fold! Any responses yet? "Denise" wrote: > Hi. I recently upgraded from 2003 t...

CRM 1.2 Security Service Not starting
I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. I must manually start the service. Any ideas? TIA -RS See TechKnowledge Error "The Microsoft CRM Security Service Failed to Start" During the Microsoft CRM Server Installation When Microsoft CRM and SQL Server 2000 are Installed on the same machine Mounim >-----Original Message----- >I have CRM 1.2 and SQL on the same box. >When the server is restarted, the CRM Security Service fails to start. >I must manually start the service. >Any ideas? >TIA ...

sumif formula required
Hello I have only basic knowledge of excel and need a formula to extrac information. A B C Client Process Sqm CEK Fibre 100 RDF Gloss 200 ERF Emul 150 CEK Fibre 100 What formula should I use to extract all CEK clients who purchase th fibre process giving total sqm. I would be extremely grateful to anyone who...