Navigating through cells

I want to create a form and want to skip cells:  Like
navitgate from A1 to F8 in one stroke.  Can I do that?
0
anonymous (74717)

Gram

I think you want the form to just be a spreadsheet. In
that case select the celss that you want to re-use for
data entry and choose, Format, Cells and on the protection
tab deselect the Locked checkmark and click OK

Now choose Tools, Protection and protect the worksheet.
You should be able to use the Tab key to jump between data
entry cells. Now save the workbook.

Remember that if you apply a password it is Case Sensitive
and you will be unable to use the worksheet if you forget
the password.

Regards
Peter

Emailing from cells
Hi guys, I'd like to think i can figure most things out with Excel, however hours of research has been pretty much wasted so far. :) So i'm turning for help.. I have a worksheet with user information.. Columns C - Last Name D - First Name E-K - DOB, Address, City, St, ZIP.. Etc. now, Column L has Rows of a single email address each.. Row 3, joe@abc.com Row 4, John @ def.net etc.. by default I can email each person directly by clicking on the email link.. works great. I want to be able to create in a new cell and email link, or button(whichever), that will email everyone in the...

merging cells and eliminating spaces for empty cells
I want to merge the text from about 25 columns into one column. It is a course list so each registrant has a different combination of courses. Is there a way to do this and not have a bunch of extra spaces wherever someone does not have a course? Hi Jill I am assuming that column A contains the name of the person, and columns B to Z contain the 25 potential courses. This code will create a list in column AA of the sheet Sub CreateList() Dim i As Long, j As Long, lr As Long, list As String Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = ActiveSheet lr = ws.Cells(Ro...

Formatting cells #5
I'm using Excel 2002. I've created a spreadsheet of my weightlifting workouts--dates, exercises, and in the cells, the number of sets I perform with the number of repetitions. For instance, cells have numbers like 2-12, 2-9, 3-12, indicating two or three sets of 9 or 12 repetitions. The problem is that I'm formatting the cells as general, but I'm still getting a green triangle in the upper left cell corner, and when I hold the cursor over the cell, the yellow exclamation point appears, asking me if I want to ignore the formatting error. In some cells that I think I'v...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

Pasting into an active cell
I have some VBA code (see below) where I am copying a fixed selection from one workbook (which the user has selected), into the next empty row in a different workbook (where the macro is located). Sheets("National").Select Range("A6:X21").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Diagnostics 2010-2011.xls").Activate Sheets("C-National").Select Selection.paste However, I get a run time error (438) on the paste command when I try to run it. Any suggestions, as I am new to VBA Try the below which will copy the range from the Activeworkbook Sh...

Navigating through cells
I want to create a form and want to skip cells: Like navitgate from A1 to F8 in one stroke. Can I do that? Gram I think you want the form to just be a spreadsheet. In that case select the celss that you want to re-use for data entry and choose, Format, Cells and on the protection tab deselect the Locked checkmark and click OK Now choose Tools, Protection and protect the worksheet. You should be able to use the Tab key to jump between data entry cells. Now save the workbook. Remember that if you apply a password it is Case Sensitive and you will be unable to use the worksheet if you...

Copy and move check box (check boxes) with new cell link?
Hi, I have created a document with text, check boxes and IF formulas dependant on the TRUE or FALSE values for each of the check boxes. This was done over time and it is fairly extensive at this point and I would like to duplicate that document on the same sheet about 6 to 8 times below the original. When I copy the document and paste it below the original (text, formulas and check boxes), the references (cell link) for all of the check boxes are linked to the original document (clicking a check box in the copied document add a check mark to both the copied and original check bo...

Moving from cell to cell
Up until about a week ago as I would be in a cell and wanted to move to the cell above, I'd simply click on the up arrow. To move to the right, click on the right arrow and so on. Now the same cell remains selected and the entire work sheet moves in the direction of the arrow. I have opened older document with the same result. Any ideas? Hi Chuck, Try turning the scroll lock off. --- Regards, Norman "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message news:%23e$cRy8mFHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Up until about a week ago as I would be in a...

CELL COLORS
I WANT CELLS TO CHANGE CERTAIN COLORS WHEN I ENTER DATA. IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME TO MOVE MY MOUSE TO THE CELL COLOR BUTTON EVERYTIME I CHANGE SOMETHING. IT WOULD BE EASIER WHEN I HAVE TO MAKE MY WORK SCHEDULE FOR 30 PLUS PEOPLE. Take a look at Conditional Formats. I'm guessing that should do what you want. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "PSG" wrote: > I WANT CELLS TO CHANGE CERTAIN COLORS WHEN I ENTER DATA. IT TAKES TOO MUCH > TIME TO MOVE MY MOUSE TO THE CELL COLOR BUTTON EVERYTIME I CHANGE SOMETHING. > IT WOULD BE ...

set value of variable from cell
I'm trying to check cells within a column. Check a2, then a4, then a6 then a8, etc. If the cell is blank, test the next in the series. When a cell is not blank, take the value from that cell and place it into a variable. If the columns are dates, like Column A is the 1st... I want the value of the first filled cell in column A to be placed into a variable like var1st which has been publicly declared as string. Is that enough info? I'm running Excel 2002. Thanks! ...

Application navigation
1.Whenever i navigate my MFC application to another application ,all dialog boxes are displaying in another application also.My dialog box style(property) is popup if i make style property as CHILD it is not at all displaying. How can i solve this problem. 2. Once i minimise my MFC application If i try to maximize by clicking or pressing alt + tab my MFC application is not maximising , i used OnActivate event in frame window inside i have handled WA_ACTIVE and WA_CLICKACTIVE. 3.To refresh my application how can i get all control hanles for example frame window, dialog box etc. ...

chart by cell color or *
We have an excel 2002 shared workbook that we use to keep track of our capacity for incoming patients. The cells are color coded for each different insurance. How can i build a chart to show how many of each insurance we have taken in each week. Some of the cells will contain a *, that we'd like to be able to have in the chart as well. The cell range looks like this. ='2268 SEATTLE'!$B$5:$H$13,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$17:$H$25,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$35:$H$43,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$47:$H$55,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$65:$H$73,'2268 SEATTLE'!$B$77:$H$85,'2268...

How do I get a cell value using another cells value
I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet based on the cell value of another E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298 I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in worksheet 2, Cell reference B298 Regards Chris Chris, put in cell a2 =indirect(a1) HTH Andi "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A53C64-B901-461E-9AC9-06118D50C6C0@microsoft.com... I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet based on the cell value of another E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell referenc...

How can I copy the sum of a filtered column into a cell in anothe
How can I copy the sum of a filtered column into a cell in another worksheet so that when changes are made within the column the change in the sum also appears in the single cell in the other worksheet? Hi, You don't say so but because you mention 'filtered' I assume you want only a total of the visible rows. Is that correct? If so try this =SUBTOTAL(109,Sheet1!A2:A20) where A2 to A20 is the full and un-filtered range -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficie...

Cell formatting from Access
When I export an Access report to Excel, one of the fields, which is a time field, e.g., 15:10.9 in Access becomes "0.63205" in Excel. Some kind of decimal formatted cell. How can I export to Excel without this format change? Thanks, Rusty Rusty, After the import is done, simply format those cells as time, with the custom mm:ss.s format - though you will have to first divide all the values by 60. The 15 minutes and 10 seconds from Access is becoming 15 hours and 10 minutes, since Excel requires the entry to be 0:15:10.9 to treat the value as minutes and seconds. HTH, Ber...

Open in New Window from Navigation Pane
Right clicking on Calendar button, selecting "open in new window" I am unable to set the new window to open maximized or at least fill the screen. Many attempts at closing the window to save settings; shift + X, space bar + close, etc yield no results. New window currently opens so small as to be unreadable. -- John Set the main Outlook window to it's prefered size in Normal size and use CTRL+X to force the save of the windowsize. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slips...

Can i edit layout of the "Navigation Pane" #2
I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders structure... Can this be done? FYI, Outlook 2003 SP2 Cheers, It's OK.. Based on the searches i have done, looks like you cannot remove these options.. Cheers, vwboss@gmail.com wrote: > I would like to specifically remove the "favourites folder" section as > well as the "Buttons" by the bottom and just simply have the folders > structure... > > > Can this be done? > > &g...

Updating grouped cells
I am trying to select only the lowest level cells in a spreadsheet with grouped columns. The spreadsheet has cost centres grouped into departments. The departments are grouped into divisions. The cost centres get their values from other sheets and workbooks. I would like to be able to change the formulas in the cost centre columns only - without disturbing the sum formulas in the department and division columns. Is there a quick way to select only the cost centre cells in a row without selecting them individually? Probably not. But if you have to do that frequently, why not select the c...

Cell contents Prefixing
I have a simple question. I have a column in a spreadsheet where some rows start with the letter Q, and some do not. I'd like to update the rows so that column is prefixed with the letter Q on every row. Is there a way to do this? Assuming your date is in column A. One way would be to use a helper column and this formula copied down....then do Copy > PasteSpecial > Values on the helper column to get rid of the formulas and replace column A with the helper column........ =IF(LEFT(A1,1)="Q",A1,"Q"&A1) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "HockeyFan&qu...

Why do cells skip around when I am trying to input figure within
I was doing payroll figures on Excell 2003. Suddenly I could not input figures within a cell and when I tried typing in the figure it would jump me to other cells, but no info input Probably the NUMLOCK key got toggled, so the keypad went into the cursor move mode. -- Gary''s Student "Query mind in Tucson" wrote: > I was doing payroll figures on Excell 2003. Suddenly I could not input > figures within a cell and when I tried typing in the figure it would jump me > to other cells, but no info input ...

Navigation problems
This is embarrassing to write, because I am the go-to guy in our office for almost everything, and I have something I can't solve myself. At home, I have Excel 2002, but at the office, I have Excel 2003. For some unknown reason, I am having problems navigating my spreadsheets. I am an old, old DOS veteran, who is used to keyboard shortcuts, and in one, I am entering a series of values, with the cursor set to jump to the right after each {enter}. At the last, I expect to hit {home} and go to Column A. Unfortunately, in this application, {home} seems to mean "go to upper left h...

adding cells which include numbers and text #2
Hi, I am hugely ignorant regarding excel, no training, and apparrently no brain... What I need to do is allocate a number to a placing i.e. 1st = 100, 2nd = 99, 3rd = 98 etc. If A5 (for example) has 1st in it, I put in A6: =101-A5, but it will not add it because of the text. How do I get the formula to ignore the text in A5??? Shelley ;) rather difficult. you'ld need to go to <data> <text to columns> to seperate the letters from the digits An other way al together would be to set up a table 1st 100 2nd 99 3rd 98 4th 97 etc, and use the vlookup formula to find ...

Maximum Cell Size
I have a memo cell where I have invoked wordwrap. Eight lines of landscape text print and the balance of the text is cut off even though the cell appears to have more space. Is there a maximum size that a cell can be? How can I get the cell to print all of the text in the cell? Donna Excel allows 32,767 characters in a cell but will show or print only 1024(see Help>Specifications). One workaround is to spread a few ALT + ENTER's at spots. This will increase the amount shown. Don't know how far this will go. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Wed, 6 Aug 2...

Retrieving Text from Cell Comments
Does anyone know how to capture the text in the cell Comments to a file? There is no need to retain reference to cells. Comments cell contain POC info that I want to capture without copying and pasting each comment. Appreciate any suggestions. Terry You have a couple of options. One is to go to File > Page Set-Up > Sheet tab and click on the "comments" drop-down arrow and select "At end of sheet". Or you can implement some code to print. Here are some options from MVP David McRitichie: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, ...

Link cells between two worksheets
Hi, How do I link cells in sheet 2 to cells in sheet 1? I want data entered in cells in sheet 1 be placed in cells in sheet 2. Thanks Say you want data from cell A1 in Sheet 1 to copy to cell B1 in Sheet 2. In Sheet 1, cell A1, click on the cell and type an equal sign (=), then click on Sheet 2, cell B1 and hit enter. That should take care of it for you. "george" wrote: > Hi, > > How do I link cells in sheet 2 to cells in sheet 1? I want data entered in > cells in sheet 1 be placed in cells in sheet 2. > > Thanks > > > In article <...