Naming a Chart

Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states that naming
an object requires selecting the object (such as a chart),
typing the new name in the Name Box, and pressing Enter.
This does work for a shape but not a chart. When I select
a chart and attempt to enter anything in the Name Box, any
entry is not enabled and therefore nothing happens. How
can I assign a name to a chart???
0
bartusek (1)

Hold the Shift key (or the Ctrl key), and click on the chart to select it.
Then, type a name in the Name Box, and press the Enter key.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
3/16/2005 11:13:54 PM
try holding down the shift key and then select the chart and then goto the
name box

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"William Bartusek" <bartusek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA states that naming
> an object requires selecting the object (such as a chart),
> typing the new name in the Name Box, and pressing Enter.
> This does work for a shape but not a chart. When I select
> a chart and attempt to enter anything in the Name Box, any
> entry is not enabled and therefore nothing happens. How
> can I assign a name to a chart???

0
Don

Chart Formatting #5
Is it possible to have a series data point (2) change colour if the value drops below that of data point (1) and revert back again if it rises above that of data point (1). (And possibly be a third colour if it is equal in value)? Sandy http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oz9eTpN4HHA.5724@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to have ...

chart disappears #2
In excel 2007 I have data on a sheet from which I created a chart. I then moved the chart to its own sheet. I updated the data once a day for a couple days and the chart was also updated. Then one day I open the file and the chart is gone. The sheet it was on is still there. The data sheet is still there, but the sheet is gone (or not visible?) and I can't figure out why or how to get it back. This is happened twice now and is getting quite irritating. Any thoughts? I have been unable to reproduce this. I did what you did but my 'day' was about 1 1/2mins. The chart su...

What's the best chart style for graphing questionnaire response
I have to graph responses gathered from a 7 question survey given at the end of training courses. Scale of response is 1 thru to 5 with approx 12 attendees on each course within 15 training sessions. I'm using Excel 2003. I would recommend The three D Column Chart with the questions as catagories and response level as series (Set up 5 series ) Count the number of "1"s for question 1 and enter this value into series 1 at catagory 1 do this for alll of the responses and all of the response levels. "gemini1215" wrote: > I have to graph responses gathered f...

to make column letter dynamic in charts
I know there have been previous posts on this but I am relatively new to VBA and am having trouble adapting it to my needs I have many charts in a sheet. i want to make their souce data dynamic. the source range of charts are like sheet1!$B$9:$CN$13 where $B$9 is starting range and " $CN$ " is ending range. for every chart the starting range is different but the ending Datarange is of same Column "$CN" . i want to make the column Letter dynamic ,Row number are Static ... from "CN" it has to change it to "CO" in all the charts.. Every occur...

Getting a chart on the web
Hi folks, I am hoping someone out there might be able to help me or give me some advice. Here is what i am trying to do. I have a list on a Sharepoint site with numeric data i want to show graphically. Now i can create the chart in excel via a web query when i export the list. As the data on the list changes, refreshing the book changes. But what i need to do is get the chart on the site, linked to the date, dynamiclly refreshed, linked to the list with the data. Any advice on the cleanest way to do it? thanks ben ...

charting same cell across multiple tabs #2
How do you create a chart reference to that it will chart the same cell but across a range of tabs. Example, I have a years worth of tabs on a sheet, MMDDYYY, all with the same format on the sheet. I have a value that is in the same cell on each tab and I want to see the trend over several months, from tab x to tab y. I thought this would be the formula: ='08042003:10142003'!$R$4 But I get the error: reference not valid. Thanks, Ron. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

Name of the sheet where the formula result is
I use max()and min() in the result sheet to define the max and min values in 10 sheets where test data are. How can I display the sheet name of the result from the calculations? For example, if the result of max() is from sheet 1? Thanks a lot Catherine You will probably need a macro to search the sheets for the values. I would probably be a good idea to keep searching to the end of the las sheet to check for duplicates -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might not work for you, but I'd lay out part of my summary sheet like: Sheetname Max (this formula...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

howto: saveas with file name from a cell in the current worksheet #2
see subject bob, You can do it with vba. Here's a small snippet that you can assign to a command button. Where "A1" is the cell that you are using to name the file. This will save in the last folder you saved to. ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Range("A1").Value HTH Bigpig "bob" wrote: > see subject BigPig, Thank you. I have that part, but what if I wanted to add in a specific folder to save it to? Where would I add the folder string? That's where my real issue is. Thank you again. ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=???????Range("A1&...

Cached Mode disables addressing emails with First Last name format
In Outlook 2003 (just upgraded) using Cached Mode, I notice that I can no longer address emails with a simple, normal name (e.g., "john doe"), even though that name exists in the Global Address List. (Previous Outlook versions allowed this when synching to an offline folder was enabled.) Now when I attempt to address an email with the "FirstName LastName" format in the To box, I get a dialog stating that "Microsoft Office Outlook does not recognize "john doe" " . This only happens when Cached Mode is enabled. Am I faced with a choice here: I...

MS Money 2004 User Name
Is there anyway to change my user name? I have moved and had to change my email address, so I would like to change my user name also. It had a comcast.net, now I would like a hotmail.com as a user name. Please tell me how to do this. In microsoft.public.money, megan megliseno@hotmail.com wrote: >Is there anyway to change my user name? I have moved and >had to change my email address, so I would like to change >my user name also. It had a comcast.net, now I would like >a hotmail.com as a user name. Please tell me how to do >this. Patience. Go to Money's help...

error getting the encoding name from an XmlTextReader
XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); string en = myXmlReader.Encoding.EncodingName; //Console.WriteLine(x); Error: Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. HOW CAN I GET THE ENCODING NAME ? Basically determine the encoding type. Also How can I "set" an application wide Encoding ? I want all modules and everything to stick to and conform to UTF- 8. But somehow some methods automatically go to UTF-16 xmlguy wrote: > XmlTextReader myXmlReader = new XmlTextReader(args[0]); > string en = my...

Chart title #4
Hello everybody. How to name the chart (title) with the value in a cell. say B1. Thanks to you all With regards Sridhar Select the chart title, click in the formula bar, & type = then click in B1, & accept the formula. -- David Biddulph "yshridhar" <yshridhar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39D32BA9-7109-4ED2-8F83-E9CE99D3501A@microsoft.com... > Hello everybody. How to name the chart (title) with the value in a cell. > say > B1. > Thanks to you all > With regards > Sridhar Sorry Mr. David. I could not follow you. Chart|c...

chart with color automation
How can I create a bar chart with color according to an excel column conditions. For example I have a graph with all salemen and in excel I have a column which describe which products with the amount of sale column. By look at the color I would know which product and the sale amount? Thanks in advance Daniel Below are links to a couple of examples: http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_1/ http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_2/ -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Daniel" wrote: > How can I create a ba...

Problem printing a scatter chart with more than 2706 rows of data
I have encountered a problem with Excel 2007 recently. A scatter chart, with smooth lines, based on 2706 rows of data will print correctly, but if I expand the data to include 2707 rows of data, the printout lacks the plot of the series data. the gridlines are there, axes, even the legend showing the color for the series data, but plot of the data is missing. I have a program which plots data for 3 columns with 4096 rows. The printout works just fine using Excel 97, but not for Excel 2007. Can anyone give me a clue about what is happening here? -- Terry G. Capps Excel 2007 chokes ...

Calculation/Sum based on Name Box
Hi, scattered all around in my big excel sheet i have named some cells by name. And now i need a easy way to sum up the values in thos cells. One of the cell name box values i have used "L11x361", "L11x362" and so on (just changing the last number). I also need the sum to to calculate from "L11x361" to let's say "L11x3615" even tho i only have used up to "L11x369". This is just if i in the future add some new cells to this series. If i just try to type "=L11x361+L11x362+L11x363+L11x364+L11x365+L11x366" (and so on up to value 1...

file name/directory prints out
every time i print a word document, it also prints a sheet with the file name, directory, date, characters etc. how can i stop this from printing every time? Go to the Print dialog (Ctrl-P) and uncheck "Document Properties." On Apr 13, 12:15=A0pm, Laura24 <Laur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > every time i print a word document, it also prints a sheet with the file > name, directory, date, characters etc. =A0how can i stop this from printi= ng > every time? In the Print Options, clear the check box for "[Print] Document properties." ...

Chart series legend font size keeps shrinking
Excel 2007. I set the font size at 10pt, but it seems that each time I open the file, the font size gets smaller. By the time it gets to 7pt or less, it is really annoying and I re-set it to 10. It should stay at the size selected by the user, not choose its own size. ...

how to make language independent a chart application
Hi, I'm facing up with this problem: I wrote an application which dinamically creates a chart via VBA. This chart MUST be built in this way: Set costChart = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects.Add(Left:=50, Width:=800, Top:=30, Height:=400) costChart.chart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Line - Column" now, the problem is that the application must be language independent, and in other languages different from English, the TypeName "Line - Column" is not understood. The kind of graph is mandatory (from customer specification), so I must use ChartType:=xlBuiltIn...

naming range
Hi, I have many worksheets in a workbook and I tried to define a name for one worksheet only. For some reason, after I defined it(by selecting the range and typing a name in the range name textbox), this name shows up in other worksheets as well. Also in the �Define Name� dialog box, the worksheet name does not show up next to the range name. What do I do so it shows up? How do I define a name that�s unique only to one worksheet? Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www....

Changing the name of a table that then relates to a query
I changed the name of a table that relates to a lot of queries.....these now wont work....how do i resolve this....thanks for ANY news! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ADO.NET Recursive Hierarchical DataSet Technique http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/f492b744-8326-4671-a7c3-9143dd2c6da3/adonet-recursive-hierarc.aspx 1. Change the table name back to its orginal name. 2. Download Rich Fisher's excellent Find and Replace add-in and change everything to match the new table name. If you register it (one of the best $37 I've ever spe...

How do I get my address book to display in last name order?
I've tried the solution suggested to a previous user but it hasn't worked. Any other suggestions? You tried what suggestion in what Outlook version? Don't forget to restart Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "calian armed man on in" <calian armed man on in @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9004A005-6117-41E6-A4EB-2BFED9A3E5CB@microsoft.com... > I've tried the solution suggested to a previous user but it hasn't worked. > Any other suggestions? Have you tried this link?: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP0103...

Combining rows with duplicate names
Hi I have data that contains a mix of numeric and text fields and rows with duplicate names. I would like to combine rows with duplicate names into one row. Here is the example of my data: Name | Company | City | #ofaccounts | commission --------------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Smith | CompX | NY | 5 | 500 Jon Smith | CompY | Toronto | 10 | 3000 Jon Smith | CompY | LA | 15 | 1000 Jane Doe | CompZ | Detroit | 25 | 2000 Jane Doe | CompZ | Detroit ...

Help needed to modify macro to convert User IDs to Names
Hello I have a macro which I've been using for quite some time. This macro allows the user to identify the User IDs of people listed in the spreadsheet. However, I now need a macro to do the reverse. That is, it needs to find the names of people whose User IDs are listed in the spreadsheet. If possible, it would be great to list the given name and surname in separate columns, although I could do this separately via another macro. Is it possible to modify the existing code below to achieve what I want (i.e. so that it does the reverse of what it currently does)? I...

outlook 2000/auto name fill in won't work
When making new email messages and using contacts already entered the auto name fill in option doesn't work. Is there a place to turn on this feature? Everyone else I've asked (and the books I've read) say this is an automatic feature! But not on my outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. I'm tired of typing Outlook 2000 doesn't have an auto-complete feature. It has an auto-resolve feature. If you enter an abbreviated form of an existing Contact, Outlook 2000 will attempt to resolve it to that contact. If it underlines it green, it means it found a match. If it und...