Name Box sizing

Is there a way to make the Name Box on the Formula bar wider?

Chip Pearson describes a way:
http://cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm

--

Dave Peterson
0

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Combo box or list box
I can't figure out why the linked cell only returns a # value of the selected cell in the range. I just wanted it to return the actual text of the selection. I would think this would be the default, but I know nothing. Please help this is really frustrating. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500004 Hi! Well, that's how they work! You can use a Match or Lookup formula to...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

check mark in box...how to
when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how would I check the items I want bought, currently I put a Y (for yes) in the box. I am talking about the type of `check` below ( without the broken line) / \/ thanks Format the check mark range as Marlett fonts and use "a" instead of "Y" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juco" <yamxs750REMOVETHIS@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gXBOb.262$4u2.37@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how > would I...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Maximun size in outlook?
Hello, I need some urgent help, I can not delete or move emails, does outllok have a size capacity? Thanks If you're not running against an Exchange Server, your PST file can't grow larger than about 1.83 GB. The official limit is 2 GB, but above more than about 1.83 GB the PST file becomes very unstable. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Jose" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size #2
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

how do i remove the blue box from linked objects in Publisher
I've tried to link objects from excel into publisher and it always puts in a blue box around them, I obviously don't want a blue box around my reports. please help. ...

How set large font size in preview pane for all incoming emailin Outlook 2002
I require the preview pane to display email contents in large fonts at all times when a new email message is previewed. How do I set the font size universally for all incoming email to be viewed in large font? As far as I know this is only available if the message is in Plain Text, Tip if you have a wheel mouse then hold down the Ctrl key while revolving the wheel mouse "Peter" <pandriopoulos@neumann.com.au> wrote in message news:06f601c3db3d$69bedd30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I require the preview pane to display email contents in > large fonts at all times when a new...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

excel
I am trying to figure our how to create a drop box with multiple values - i.e. january, february, march... Something like a box that says "choose month" in the box and when you hit the arrow it allows you to scroll through the monthly options and choose one. I am currently using Excel 2000. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL if someone could offer me a prompt response. Thank you Data / Validation / Change 'Any Value' to list and then select the list containing the values you wish to choose from, or instead of selecting a list, type Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May etc (including commas) in...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

tristate check box
I have a tristate check box.The default behavour of tristate check box in windows is that, the grayed check box will become unchecked after click on grayed check box. But i want , the grayed check box will become checked after click on grayed check box in VC++ .Pls help me its urgent. ...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Enable Textboxes Based on Combo Box Valve
I have a form called “frmIncidentForm”. Within this form I would like to disable all of the controls expect for a Combo Box called “Type”. Then when the user selects a value the form will enable the textboxes that are required for that specific Type. For example, when the user selects “Check The Welfare” form the “Type” Combo Box, AddIncident is Enabled Date is Enabled Medic is Enabled Time1008 is Enabled Time 1097 is Enabled On the other hand, if the user selects “Dry Run”. AddIncident is Enabled Medic is Enabled Time1148 is Enabled Time 1098 is Enabled Thanks -- Message posted via...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...