Name Box #2

Hi Everybody

How do you create Hidden Names for ranges?  I would like to name a range of
cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able to
refer to it in VBA code.

I am using Excel 2002

Many thanks

Hi PraxisPete,

Try something like:

'=============>>
Public Sub Tester03()
    With ActiveWorkbook
        .Names.Add "Test", _
        RefersTo:=.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1"), _
        Visible:=False
    End With
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"PraxisPete" <PraxisPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everybody
>
> How do you create Hidden Names for ranges?  I would like to name a range
> of
> cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able
> refer to it in VBA code.
>
> I am using Excel 2002
>
> Many thanks

0
normanjones (1047)
11/29/2005 9:29:02 PM
You have to do it by code:

  Names("ABC").Visible = False

or with a utility:

http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

--
Jim
"PraxisPete" <PraxisPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hi Everybody
|
| How do you create Hidden Names for ranges?  I would like to name a range
of
| cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able
| refer to it in VBA code.
|
| I am using Excel 2002
|
| Many thanks

0
jrrech (1933)
11/29/2005 9:33:03 PM
Thank you for your replies, problem solved.

"Jim Rech" wrote:

> You have to do it by code:
>
>   Names("ABC").Visible = False
>
> or with a utility:
>
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm
>
> --
> Jim
> "PraxisPete" <PraxisPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Hi Everybody
> |
> | How do you create Hidden Names for ranges?  I would like to name a range
> of
> | cells and not have the name appear in the drop down Name box, but be able
> | refer to it in VBA code.
> |
> | I am using Excel 2002
> |
> | Many thanks

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Debugging brings up empty Macro Dialog box
Hi I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play button and it brings up an empty macro dialog box - with one option - cancel. Access never used to do this? How can I get it to work like Access 2003? Cheers, GLT. Be sure to place your cursor somewhere in the procedure you are attempting to run. Is it a Sub procedure or Function that you are trying to run? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "GLT" wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to Debug my code and after setting a breakpoint, I push the play > button and it brings up...

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Envelope Journaling in Exchange 5.5 #2
Anyone know how to turn on envelope journaling in Exchange 5.5 (that is so journaling tracks the bcc info)? Journaling in Exchange 5.5 is addressed in MS KB 239427 (and in several articles for x2k and x2k3) but can't find anything for 5.5 envelope journaling Hi Ivan, It looks like this is a limitation of Journaling and how it works with messages. Basically, when a message has BCC recipients, the message is copied internally, the original instance has the TO and CC lists, the copy has the BCC lists. The original instance is being journalled, the BCC copy is not. Even with complete ...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

Tracking Tab #2
Where do I find the tracking tab when I open an e-mail from the sent folder? ...

Combo box or list box
I can't figure out why the linked cell only returns a # value of the selected cell in the range. I just wanted it to return the actual text of the selection. I would think this would be the default, but I know nothing. Please help this is really frustrating. -- famdamly ------------------------------------------------------------------------ famdamly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29382 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500004 Hi! Well, that's how they work! You can use a Match or Lookup formula to...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

vba copyright protection #2
I have created a spreadsheet which utilizes many of my own custom built macros and formulas. Does anyone know whether or not my vba code and/or formulas can be copyrighted--ie legally protected? thanks, Bill --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

check mark in box...how to
when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how would I check the items I want bought, currently I put a Y (for yes) in the box. I am talking about the type of `check` below ( without the broken line) / \/ thanks Format the check mark range as Marlett fonts and use "a" instead of "Y" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Juco" <yamxs750REMOVETHIS@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:gXBOb.262$4u2.37@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > when I do a shopping list for example and there is a long list of items how > would I...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Strange Error (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I have a Virtual PC configuration set up for CRM demos. I have one image that has CRM 1.2 under Windows 2003 server. It is all configured and setup and running fine. I have another image with Windows XP configured. The two images see each other and communicate. From my Windows XP image I can access CRM both via browser and Outlook Client. However, occassionally I can't access the system via Outlook and when I try it via the browser I get a screen coming up with "Sonic Wall" on it asking for a login and password. If I enter in "Administrator" for the login...

Startup #2
Is it possible to have Outlook startup Mail in the folder last viewed rather than always in the InBox? You haven't stated which version you are running. Please do not assume that all versions are always the same or that we have amazing ESP skills You can select a folder for each time it starts as the default, but it stays on that setting until you change it. Tools | Otions | Other | Advanced Options | startup in this Folder. I hope this helps you at least a little bit! Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.j...

Contact View #2
I did not see this so I'm trying to send it again. I am using Outlook 2000. I am trying to create a new card view and have added the Notes field but it doesn't show up. It shows up in the Detailed Address Cards view but I can't get it work in my own view. Anyone else had this problem and figured out how to get it to work? Thanks, Debbie ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

totals do not display unless user clicks on text box
I am relatively new to access. I am using access 2007 to create a report that contains subtotals. When the report is displayed on the screen the subtotals are blank. When the user clicks on the subtotal text box then the value appears. The user has to click on each subtotal in order to make the value appear. Has anyone experience this problem? Is there a workaround or solution? Thanks Normally a sub-total in a report is achieved by means of an unbound text box in a group footer with a ControlSource property which is an expression summing a set of values from the detail sect...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Data Validation with a list that varies in size #2
I have created a template spreadsheet for a non-technical user On one tab, I have a comparison between Golfer A and Golfer B. On the front tab, there is a list of all the golfers for a particular weekend. I left 24 slots open. However, there is no requirement that all 24 are used. How do I eliminate blank rows from my dropdown list if that dropdown is filled with a Named Range and that range is defined as a column of 24 (potential) name cells. For example, if I have a Range of 24 cells A2:A25 (A1 = "Name") defined as GolferList, but only A2:A11 are filled, I want my dropdown list ...

Multiple Domains #2
Hello everyone, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server, and I have a small number of new users that need a different extension on their email accounts. For example we are .com.au and they need to be .co.jp can I do this in a single domain or do I need to create a whole new Exchange server (or move to enterprise exchange) to do this. The funny thing is that it is only 5 or 6 users so I want to avoid having to upgrade my Exchange version if I can get away with it. Thanks Tim Wallace Hi Tim, Just ensure you have created MX records for the additional domains, and have created recipient ...

Combine data from 2 queries
I have 2 tables of data that have sku #, size and color. Table 1 is a reference with all items. Table 2 has on hand data. I am looking to create a query to pull into table 2 additional information from table 1. I have attempted to create a query for each table and add in a concatenation of sku, size and color so that I can join the tables and extract information to create a table and/or report. When I attempt to create 1 query from both of these queries I'm getting error messages...help - is there an easier way to build this (I will need to refresh my tables on a reg...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

how do i remove the blue box from linked objects in Publisher
I've tried to link objects from excel into publisher and it always puts in a blue box around them, I obviously don't want a blue box around my reports. please help. ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Problems with the User with MS CRM 1.2
Hi all. Here's my problem. We've decided to evaluate Microsoft CRM 1.2 (Spanish) so I tried to install the product in a standalone machine. This is what I did: + Installed Windows 2003 Server and configured + Installed Support Tools + Configured DNS, Active Directory. Now, the server maps: mscrm.adventure-works.com + Installed some useful tools like: Office 2003, Acrobat Reader, EditPlus, WinZip, WinRAR and Google Toolbar + Upgraded the server to be a Domain Controller and finished to configure the DNS service. + NETDIAG and DCDIAG show: "Everything Ok". + Installed IIS an...

excel
I am trying to figure our how to create a drop box with multiple values - i.e. january, february, march... Something like a box that says "choose month" in the box and when you hit the arrow it allows you to scroll through the monthly options and choose one. I am currently using Excel 2000. I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL if someone could offer me a prompt response. Thank you Data / Validation / Change 'Any Value' to list and then select the list containing the values you wish to choose from, or instead of selecting a list, type Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May etc (including commas) in...