When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

Check your VBA editor.
You might have an Event Macro which does what, usually, a CF does.
Try to Increase the Macro Security to its maximum level in order to
eliminate the Event Macro from running...
You may, also consider to "rem" all the Macro commands by adding a Preceding
  apostrophe to each command.
Micky

> When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
> the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

How to concatenate multiple values in text box
I'm trying to code a control source for a text box to concatenate and handle various possible values. There are three fields I need to handle: For example, if the values for the three fields are ... Person_Relation = "Parent" Person_Relation_Other = <NULL> Person_Relation_Type = "Biological" .... my text box should show: Parent :Biological; (The ":" and ";" will be replaced by "(" and ")" but for now it's easier to use something other than parentheses for testing.) If instead the values for the three fields are...

custom function to convert numbers stored as text
Hi everyone, I know you can convert text to numbers with the whole paste multiply by 1 thing but I was wondering if anyone had seen code (or would know what code to use) to convert numbers stored as text to numbers using a custom built VBA function? Any help greatly appreciated! Josh Not sure what you mean, but here is a function that will convert a string value digit to an integer value. Function MakeNum(rng As Range) MakeNum = CInt(rng) End Function To use it, assume a string value of "123456" in cell b5: In an empty cell put formula =MakeNum(b5) >...

How do I set up an automatic delete or move of a row of data?
I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to "complete". You need to provide more information. For example, how do you change the status to complete and where do you want to move the data to? Regards Rowan "Zo" wrote: > I have a job summary that lists the status of my projects. I want to move > the data and close up the gaps in the spreadsheet as I change the status to > "complete". I have a list that identifies the "status" of th...

Send email automatically in excel
ctu1...@gmail.com Mar 23, 8:23 am show options Newsgroups: microsoft.public.tw.excel From: ctu1...@gmail.com - Find messages by this author Date: 23 Mar 2005 08:23:40 -0800 Local: Wed, Mar 23 2005 8:23 am Subject: Send email automaticly in excel Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse Hi there, I add some finance data from http://finance.yahoo.com to a excel file. The finance data in my excel file will change every minutes. I am monitoring Nasdaq index. I expect it will go to 1900 soon. Because of my job, I can not access ...

Hidden tabs on my worksheet
I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas on how to get my tabs to show? Have even tried changing the color of them... Thanks! hi have you tried.. on the menu bar>window>unhide Regards FSt1 "Courtney" wrote: > I can't figure out how my settings changed or how to change them back. When i > go to Tools: Options: View: Tabs - it is checked. Anyone have any other ideas > on how to get my tabs to show? Have even tried changing ...

Automatic mail checking to ISP
How can i set up Outlook 97 to automaticly dial my ISP to check for mail on a PC with windows 2000 on?? ...

Using =sum to add values of vlookup formula
Is it possible to add the values given by a vlookup formula? Eg. I've 2 colums - Month 1 & Month 2 The values for month 1 & Month 2 are taken using a vlookup formula - s when u try & do an =sum to add month 1 & month 2, it give 0 as there i no value in either column, just a formul -- loscherlan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=670 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27237 It should give the sum. Are you sur...

How do I get email to show up automatically on the in-box screen?
I want new emails to show up automatically instead of having to hit the 'send/receive' button to see if there is any new mail. Is this possible to do? I'm using Outlook 2003 Ctrl+Alt+S - is automatically send and receive every xx min enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH....

fill formulas and values
Not sure how to fill down formulas, with either dragging or CTRL-D,without taking along formats, colours, borders (especially) etc with them. A real pain having to re-format a sheet every time I auto-fill...surely there is an easier way to do this. Cheers! M Have you tried copying and using Edit > Paste Special > Formulas? HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- > >Not sure how to fill down formulas, with either dragging or CTRL-D,without >taking along formats, colours, borders (especially) etc with them. >A real pain having to re-format a sheet every...

Re: Text and numbers
Using Excel 2003 I want to get the sum of cells containing numbers, but the these cells also contain some text. I only want the sum of the numbers. Please help. P Hi Paul, =SUM(A1:A20) or any other range will ignore cells with text values, and ignore empty cells --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "paul" <WEBB234@prodigy.net> wrote in message news:tmd5g.500$zR3.124@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com... &g...

Looking for Outlook add on program
HI all I recently had a hard drive fail and lost a program but i am sure somebody will point me in the right direction. It was an add on for outlook that was as far as I am aware freeware and was called something like AOPEN It sat it's self in the options panel of Outlook and allowed you to chose what files/attachments could or could not be downloaded. Do any of you have an idea what it was called or as to where i can download it again ???? Many thx Steve This was to open attachments blocked by security? Was it called Attachment Options maybe? See http://www.slipstick.com/o...

MSN Stock Quote Add-In (msnsq.exe) doesn't install
Running Win2000SP4, & Excel 2002SP2 on a Dell Prec. Workstation. I have tried installing this add-in from the web and also from a folder, always with the same result. It appears to be installing until I get a dialogue box stating "Failed to download settings from the internet." After thias attempt to install, the add-in shows as available from within Excel but is non-functional, and has an abreviated tool-bar associated with it. Help? Thanks, Richard ...

Stop Recording ToolBar dissappeared in my Excel WorkSheet?
I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help me restore this option again? Regards Select Tools-Customize-Toolbar tab - Click 'Reset' and 'Ok' "Aamir" wrote: > I used Macro function in Excel WorkSheet.But now the Stop Recording/Relative > Reference Button ToolBar for Macro does not appear any more?Can someone help > me restore this option again? > Regards Once you click record macro, click right button on the tool bar, select 'Stop reco...

How to add "Add existing..." button link in custom entity form?
Hi, I created a custom entity called ClassSchedule which has a parental, 1-Many relationship with Contact. Now, when I add new ClassSchedule, in the form, and click the Contact link, I want to have a button "Add Existing Contact" instead of just adding new contact in my ClassSchedule. Please advise on how to go about it. Thanks! ...

How to add Multiple Online Accounts from same online broker?
Hi All: I have two different accounts, with two different logins, etc., but with the same broker. When I try to add the 2nd account, for automatic online synchronization, the broker's name no longer appears in the list of available online brokers? It's as though Money figures there can only be one account per broker. How can I add the 2nd account? Thanks! Ev, Which version of Money are you using and what is the brokerage in question? Try any suggestions you get here on a copy of your Money file. Something that you might try is to stop using online services for that partic...

Installation add-in?
Hello A friend of mine programmed a com- or vb6 add-in and saved it as dll-file. Now I'd like to install it but I don't why. My friend is on holiday and I can't contact him. I only know that I have to install this dll with the Windows Explorer using the command "open with", but I don't know the file to be chosen. It would be very kind if anybody could help me 'cause I need this add-in. Tom ...

Showing argument descriptions as an XLL worksheet function is type
Hi, Apologies if this is wrong newsgroup, I wasn't sure if this or microsoft.public.excel.sdk is better. We're developing a set of XLL worksheet functions that have 5-8 difficult to remember arguments. While the argument descriptions passed to the registration function display properly in the function wizard, they do not appear in the common case of typing the function in the formula bar. In addition, I have these related (but lesser) concerns: - My worksheet function description does not appear when my function name is being typed in the Formula Bar. ...

Inserting pictures into Word text
I want to put a picture in text and have the text wrap around the picture filling up the white space to the margin but can't figure out how to do it. The picture is about 5 lines long and the text doesn't start again until the last line at the bottom of the picture. Set the text wrapping on the picture to Square. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "socr1st" <socr1st@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B1208D-5D78-4DA1-AF0B-FA43762CC5AB@microsoft.com... >I want to...

full text search
Hello, It does not look like vista is full text indexing word documents. I have set the option: Indexing Options in the Control Panel and click Advanced, then clicked the File Types tab. Add the .doc, doxc file types and clicked the option to "index properties and file contents." However I still cannot full text search word document. any ideas? thanks The answer to Vista's lame search is: www.mythicsoft.com FileLocatorPro. There's also free AgentRansack but like most free things, it's not superb. WindowsXp search was slow but WORKING, especially...

Printing vertical text (or not!)
Hi, I've got another printing question. I need to print some vertical text on a printout (entire line of text rotated 90 degrees, not just horizontal letters stacked vertically). I set nEscapement and nOrientation to 900 in my CFont, and the font is rotated correctly, but I can't figure out how to place it on the page. Using DrawText() with DT_CENTER and DT_VCENTER doesn't work - the text prints, but not centered. I also see that if I do a DrawText() with DT_CALCRECT, the resulting rectangle does not correspond to the text if it were printed vertically. That is, it will return...

rounding of numbers in worksheet
Help! How do I keep formulas in a worksheet from rounding up or down. Do I need to do a different formula than =sum (b2+c2)? Audrey, What leads you to believe that Excel is rounding? You might just need to increase the number of displayed decimal places. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Audrey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e4af01c46aa0$9ed494e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Help! How do I keep formulas in a worksheet from rounding > up or down. Do I need to do a different f...

How does misspelled text get red lined?
I have set up Outlook to check spelling before sending and perform auto correct options but it is not underling the misspelled word in red to show the misspelled words. What am I missing? Thanks Are you using word as your editor? if so, does it work in a word document? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join ...

Convert Text Time to Time
I have text in the following format: 800 830 900 930 How can I convert these text to 8:00 AM, 8:30 AM etc... Thanks, M -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26248 Hi try: =INT(A1/100)/24 + MOD(A1,100)/(24*60) >-----Original Message----- > >I have text in the following format: > >800 >830 >900 >930 > >How can I convert these text to 8:00 AM, 8:30 AM etc... >...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

copyright and worksheet protection
I have two questions. The first is about getting copyright or some other protection for a worksheet. The second is about incorporating a disabling feature in the worksheet. BACKGROUND: I have developed an excel worksheet that would be used as a selling tool for a specific type of loan. The worksheet would be used by representatives of companies that offer this type of loan. The worksheet incorporates the use of the Excel template: "loan calculator with extra payments". The calculator has been modified. It is my intention to sell the worksheet to companies that offer the loan....