When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

Check your VBA editor.
You might have an Event Macro which does what, usually, a CF does.
Try to Increase the Macro Security to its maximum level in order to
eliminate the Event Macro from running...
You may, also consider to "rem" all the Macro commands by adding a Preceding
  apostrophe to each command.
Micky

> When I type text in a blank cell, the cell automatically is highlightes with
> the bright yellow fill.  There is no conditional formatting on this workbook.

Excel data in one cell, need to copy specific values to another worksheet in different cells
I am attempting to copy financial data from one worksheet to another. Unfortunately, the worksheet that I am copying from is formatted as one column of data in column A. The data appears as follows in column A: DISTRICT: Adams County/Ohio Valley Local COUNTY: Adams IRN: 061903 ADM, VALUATION & MILLAGE (1983-1984) SOURCE: SF12 Line 3 Basic ADM 4,916 Assessed value 480,468,317 Total ADM 5,769 Valuation/Basic ADM 97,736 Voted millage (Incl JVS) 20.80 Class1 eff tax rate 20.14 BASIC STATE AID (1983-...

Edit/Add New Record
I have a form that I want to use as both a data entry and a data update form. I want the form to open up as a new record. When the user enters the Order ID number in the OrderID box and hits enter or exits that box and goes to another box, I want a query to run that goes out to the Orders table and queries whether that Order ID number exists in the table. (OrderID is the primary key). If it does, I want the rest of the forms to populate with the information in the form. If not, I want the user to be able to enter the new data into the new record. Some info that may be of help. Table name = O...

print a worksheet out from another worksheet
Hi all, I have a validation list that shows all the worksheets in the workbook, I want to beable to select the a worksheet from the list and print it out without having to go to the sheet. Can this be done if so how? Cheers --------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com Hi With the list in A1 on Sheet1 for example you can use this macro Sub printtest() Dim str As String str = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") Sheets(str).PrintOut End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rutima - ExcelForums.com" <a.caton@ntlworld-dot-com.no-spam.invalid&g...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers #2
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

wrap text inserts a padding blank line
I use Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606). I thought I had a row autofit problem; I actually seem to have a wrap text problem. I have a cell in which the text can fit in one line; when wrap text is set, the cell is two lines deep. I have seen many descriptions of this problem; I have seen neither explanation nor solution. To demonstrate the problem: 1) open a new workbook; 2) Either: a) in A1, set the column width to 600 pixels, the font as Tahoma, Bold, Italic and the text on one line to 12345678 1 2345678 2 2345678 3 2345678 4 2345678 5 2345678 6 2345678 7 2345678 8 2 At this point, the text is in o...

how can i get calendar wizard in excel worksheet
i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing it my self Hi see: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/calarray.exe -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "samuel" <samuel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BDB21156-C0C1-4E27-8C39-17CB38F26064@microsoft.com... > i want to now how i can a calendar design in excel worksheet without doing > it my self ...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

Sorting multiple worksheets simultaneously
Hi!! Is there any way to sort multiple worksheets in a workbook simultaneously (ie instead of sorting each sheet individually)? I have a file with 30+ sheets, each sheet set up identically (ie the same data type in the same column on each sheet), but (obviously) containing different data. There's a complication as well - each sheet has 50 rows, comprising links to other files. Not all of the rows actually contain relevant data (ie in some rows the result of the link is 'zero'), but the rows that contain data come before any rows that do not. For example, on sheet 1 (even th...

Merging worksheets #2
I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do that? -- Ajtorrence Have it all on one sheet? or add it together on a 3rd sheet? Please provide more info. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Ann" <Ann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81C2F7CF-ED32-4A6C-BE36-1512B18FDA5D@microsoft.com... >I would like to merge the data on two worksheets, can I and how do I do >that? > -- > Ajtorrence ...

Entering a date results in a decimal fraction
In a worksheet I created several years ago, when you key enter a date in the format of m/d, m/d/yy, or m/d/yyyy the result is a formula of =m/d (and likewise =m/d/yy, =m/d/yyyy) a calculation of a decimal fraction and the display of January 0, 1900, since the cell is formatted as a date. Opening a blank spreadsheet under the same preferences, exhibits normal behavior--that is treating the entry as a date and formatting it as a date. Likewise in this particular worksheet, entering 2+3 (without the usually required equal sign) results in =2+3 and displays 5. Normal behavior would display text...

Copy a Worksheet problem
Hi. I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a diagonal line through it). I have used this procedure many times before. What has changed? What can I do? Thanks, Dave Moore Perhaps you have protected the workbook under Tools>Protection Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 08:31:20 -0700 (PDT), david.moore@uuplc.co.uk wrote: >Hi. >I am trying to copy a worksheet by using CTRL and drag. >When I click on the tab I am getting a 'stop' symbol (circle with a >diagonal line t...

Function to Insert Text Into a Formula
I need a way to get text from a cell put into a function such that the text fills in the name of the worksheet to look for the data in. i.e. I want to look for cell B2 in worksheet test, then the next cell down I want to look for cell B2 in worksheet answer, etc but I don't want to have to modify the formula to input the worksheet name every time. I want a way for the worksheet name to be grabbed from an adjacent cell and populate the formula that already has the cell B2 in it. Thx. Assuming that you have the sheet names in A2, A3, A4 etc, put this formula in B2: =3D...

How do I extract a part of a text string?
I am trying to extract a portion of a text string. I am able to determine the starting and the ending position of the string but don't know what command to use to extract those portions of the string, i.e. A1(10:15)??? Thank-you ... Kathy you have not provided a great deal of detail or information about you query for anyone to provide you with the exact formulae. you could use the LEFT, MID and RIGHT functions to extract portions o a string. these could be used in conjunction with FIND and SEARCH t provide the starting character position -- icestationzbr ---------------------------...

Automatic email generation
Here's a poser!! I have developed a simple spreadsheet to record incoming telephone calls to a maintenance response centre. As calls are received, they are recorded, and depending upon the nature of the call, they are allocated to an individual. I need to develop a system whereby the individual is notified by email that a call has been allocated to them. Is there any way that by updating an Excel spreadsheet, an automatic email can be generated?? Anybody's help appreciated!!! David Hi David you can do that (for email coding see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm). You ca...

Insert a hyperlink as the text in the cell?
If I have cells A1-A5 as these IP addresses: http://12.23.34.11 http://12.23.34.12 http://12.23.34.13 http://12.23.34.14 http://12.23.34.15 and they are not hyperlinks yet, is there a way to get Excel to insert a hyperlink where the hyperlink will automatically point to the contents of the cell itself ie. the hyperlink in cell A1 should "http://12.23.34.11" and so on? I know you can do this manually, but the automatic option would save a LOT of time. Thanks, Alain In B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1,A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 ...

Worksheet in a worksheet?
Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? Regards Philip Have you tried Insert>Object>Create from File - enter the filename and check the Display as icon checkbox "Philip Reece-Heal" wrote: > Is there any way to insert a worksheet in an Excel worksheet, like you can > insert a Word document in an Excel worksheet? > > Regards > Philip > > > I don't think so. You can insert a workbook into a worksheet, though. Just like a .doc file (insert|object). Philip ...

Payee
I am using a trial version of Money Plus. I am wondering if there is a way to create a payee rule so that for all transactions of a given payee (e.g. Wall Mart), there is an automatic match with a category (e.g. groceries), so that there is no need to enter manually the category for every transaction of that payee. Thanks for your help !! Money does not has such a rule, but after you enter your first Walmart transaction, Money will remember the details of that transaction and it will auto populate the form the next time you enter a transaction for Walmart. The remembered details are a...

Send E-Mail using plain text only
I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? (Under Contacts) Thanks Stephan Tools/Options/Send - Choose either HTML or plain text. If no menu bar either Alt "M" or click on icon to the left of blue ? mark and select show menu bar "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:OgKol3$zKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? > > (Under Contacts) > > Thanks > > Stephan "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in...

Add email addresses with domain name in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. <br><br>I want to use with Entourage rather than checking email through the browser. On 2/12/10 2:30 PM, in article 59bb2be4.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Fellini4c@officeformac.com" <Fellini4c@officeformac.com> wrote: > I added the new 'accounts' in Entourage, and they do NOT function. See this page to get started. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/accounts/index.html#s...

Conditional Formatting on Multiple Worksheets
I want to apply conditional formatting to the same cell on 12 worksheets within one workbook in Excel 2007. As soon as I select multiple worksheets, the conditional formatting option is greyed out. The workbook is not shared or protected and I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003. Please help! Hi, That is how it seems to work in 2007, this could be intentional or it could be a bug, I will file it as a bug report. Your solution: Format the first cell or range on one sheet. Click the Format Painter Click the tab for the first sheet you want formatted the same way, either Shift c...

Worksheet within a Worksheet
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a worksheet within a worksheet? I need to reference an extensive list of account numbers within a worksheet and I don't want the account numbers running all the way down the sheet. What do you mean by "reference"? What exactly are you trying to do? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- <michaelburkett@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120850412.61...

Automated HTML reply to plain text email
Hi, I am receiving a lot of emails with the same subject line. They are all plain text emails and i would like to set up a rule that replies automatically using a HTML coded template. For some reason this is not working as normal a normal reply rule would work. any suggestions please? Many thanks Max. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com What exactly happens when you try? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-sub...

Do we have a software which can export text to excel perfectly?
do we have such software frnds??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean Import into excel? And if you can tell excel that the data is either fixed width or has a common separator, then excel will be pretty close to perfect! If you can't tell excel that stuff, then I think you'll need to do some data cleansing after you import it. "vikram <" wrote: > > do we have such software frnds???? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Excel 2007 How To Add New Number Formats to Styles
The Styles Functional Group in the Home Tab contains the following Style choices Custom Good Bad Neutral Data Model Titles and Headings Number Format When I created a new style it went into the Custom category but I'd like to move it to the Number Format choice. How can I add a new Style to a specific section of the Style functional group? Thanks for reading and for any help you provide. Regards (8^>)-]=[ ...

pivot table: problem with multiple groupings in different worksheets
Hello. I'm having a bit of trouble the group function in a pivot table. Let's say we've got a table with columns "district" and sales (just an example), and I create two different pivot tables with the same origin. In one of the pivot tables I want to group regions in some way, and define different sets in the second pivot table. Here comes the issue: when I right click the selection...-> group, excel defines a new property on the origin data, a new field called "district2". That field also appears on the second pivot table. If I try to group differently the ...