My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to
resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This
is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others.

I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a
portion of the screen is visible.

In xl2003 menus, I'd try:
Window|Unfreeze panes

--

Dave Peterson
0

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

creating spreadsheet with colunms for names adresses & zipcodes
How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names, addresses & zipcodes? I want to use this with streets & trips so I can map several adresses at one time. I don't understand the question, if you want to create a spreadsheet you need to type in headers for each needed column, then put the names and addresses in their respective column? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "neilabu" <neilabu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D747DCB4-6EC8-4886-8109-3B72C67046E4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a spreadsheet with seperate colunms for names,...

Maximum spreadsheet sort limit
Morning all, Can someone tell me if Excel 2000 has a maximum sort limit in terms of number of rows? The reason I ask is that the spreadsheet we are currently using is 17000 or so rows and when it is sorted there is still a large number of rows that appear to be unsorted. Thanks in advance for any assistance Paul Paul, I just did a simple test and loaded 60,000+ rows and sorted them.Looks perfect to me. There must be some other factor affecting it. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Paul Townsend" <PaulTownsend@discussions.microsoft.c...

new mail not going to the top
Using windows explorer - vista - new mail goes sny place within the older mail. -- lois "lois" <lois@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CA74F79-31FE-4B2C-BC7F-DDB4F1FB750A@microsoft.com... > Using windows explorer - vista - new mail goes sny place within the older > mail. > -- > lois You can sort incoming mail in several ways, as single messages or group them by conversation. You can also sort it by each individual column, Subject, From, To, Receive etc simply by clicking on the title of the column heading name, once to sort ...

updating XML file from .aspx page
Thanks in advance fo rany help... I have an XML data file (well- formed) that I need to place into my website's app_data folder. I would like to have an .aspx form on my site that simply has two textboxes (corresponding to two XML fields in my file), and a "submit" button that will update the file. Any clues as to the code to use? I'm most familiar with the DataAdapter/DataSet model and using SQLserver files and having an INSERT INTO query to update. Can this be used on an XML file also? There may be better ways, but just curious if this model COULD work with XML. Thanks! ...

The Quickest way to get Top Page On GooGle...
2 months I had first page organic results and they delivered on every key term I wanted so here they are http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com or you can go straight to their contct page to get a great free report and a friendly call back. http://www.atomicsearchengineoptimization.com/Monthy_plan_rates-seo-services.html ...

How do I copy page setup from one worksheet & paste into new shee.
I have set up a template in one Excel worksheet and want to be able to paste it into new worksheets. My problem is that I the have to adjust the page setup in each new worksheet. Is there a way I can copy the page setup into the new worksheet? Hi if this sheet is the first in your workbook try: - select this sheet and the other sheet(s). Hold down the CTRL key to group the sheets - goto the page setup dialog and simply hit OK -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rasc0" <Rasc0@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7E2EB66D-90F8-49F6-9043-62CBB9CCE602...

Auto numbering of spreadsheets
I have created an elec application form for use on a telephony section. Each time a user enters the form when a customer rings, I want the form to be numbered automatically, so that each form has a reference number. There is the possibilty that more than one user will open the form at any one time - will they still have seperate IDs? Can this be done? Any help appreciated... Thank you, -- Rob, Teesside, UK "abfabrob" <abfabrob@yahoo.co.uk.NO_SPAM> wrote in message news:DED8584A-3418-4068-8A4D-BC10CBC396C9@microsoft.com... >I have created an elec application form for...

power spreadsheet users wanted for beta tests
The makers of Personal Audio Link, a cellphone_to_VoIP application, are offering six months free Vonage telephone service to beta clients for a new "remote cellphone to PC" sofware. They are looking for power spreadsheet users to sample the software, in exchange for the free Vonage service and comments to the website's user forum re: likes and dislikes, suggestins, etc. http://www.adondo.net/Personal-Audio-Link.htm It allows users to send and receive e-mail by voice, via cell phone, interact w/ & parse records in their Excel spreadsheets by cellphone, from a cellphone, g...

Tasks assigned to other user still appear under my activities
I have several hundreds of calls to make as a result of a campaign activity, I would like to make a selection of these calls and assign them to another user, when I do so, these calls still appear on my list. Is there a way that I can have these calls disappear from my activities list? THank you Changing the owner of the phone call does not change the Sender. You could use workflow and insert action to set the sender = owner on a phonecall to stop the calls appearing in your activity list. Marion "abagnoud" wrote: > I have several hundreds of calls to make as a result of...

Table of Contents with Page Numbers
G'day all I have been using Don Guillett's excellent code (copied below) to create a automatic Table of Contents. Is there any way to automatically include page numbers to the right of the list of sheet names (obviously in its own cells)? Also I have information which is to be manually entered against the list on the left of the list of sheet names, so any code would have to take into account this as well. Also I took out the sort function as I don't need it. FYI - Don's code starts on A1 of the sheet. I wanted it to start on a different cell so I made the...

How do I get year to date earnings on a payroll spreadsheet(what'.
I am trying to create a payroll spreadsheet. I want to get the formula for year to date. I would rather not use a 52 column sheet with totals. How can I add the change each week without using a large sheet? If I can offer an opinion: regarding payroll, keep as much information as you can. Payroll is sacred- people literally live by it, and they are VERY concerned that proper records are kept. A Fortune 500 company is judged by its stock price; small and even medium sized companies are judged by whether or not they met payroll. My suggestion is to allow the spreadsheet to be as large as i...

Spreadsheet Formatting
I am having trouble with shared workbooks and their formatting. Th many users who access these workbook and enter data all work i different offices in differenct cities. The files are stored on shared drive so that everyone can access and work on their assigne files. The problem we are having is that after spending a long time formattin the worksheets to look and print the way we would like them, each time new user opens a workbook, the formatting has all changed. (Headers an Footers disappear, isn't set to landscape anymore, etc.) Why is this happening? Is there a way to keep the...

Copy pages inside the file?
Hello, I am creating a file with lot many pages. There are many similar files and I need to create it one by one by creating a duplicate page. Is there any way that I can copy multiple pages and past in the same file? Copy and pasting in the same file wrote: > Hello, > > I am creating a file with lot many pages. There are many similar > files and I need to create it one by one by creating a duplicate > page. Is there any way that I can copy multiple pages and past in the > same file? ============================= If you are using Publisher 2007 you can select multiple pag...

How do you protect a spreadsheet from being deleted?
I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, does anyone know how to do this? Thanks Hi do you mean single tabs?. If yes try 'tools - Protection - Workbook' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany cara_scully wrote: > I want to protect spreadsheets from being deleted by other users, > does anyone know how to do this? > Thanks ...

Typing on top of picture
Can anyone tell me how I can type over a picture? I want to number the items in the picture and then have a key next to the picture letting people know what they are. It is for my business catalog. Please e-mail me if you have questions. Thanks for any help Tracey Hi Tracey (tracey@dragonflycandles.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Can anyone tell me how I can type over a picture? I want to number || the items in the picture and then have a key next to the picture || letting people know what they are. It is for my business catalog. || Please e-mail me if you have questions. Thanks for ...

Page fault
I get the following error on work books that have been worked on by more then one person on diferent computers. Now the file wont open and I lose all the data with in. EXCEL caused an invalid page fault in module VBE6.DLL at 017f:65009bee. Registers: EAX=00000001 CS=017f EIP=65009bee EFLGS=00010202 EBX=02620290 SS=0187 ESP=0062e1fc EBP=0062e20c ECX=ffffffff DS=0187 ESI=0041f2e8 FS=0fb7 EDX=0062e25c ES=0187 EDI=02623808 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: ff 41 08 8b 49 10 83 79 04 ff 8d 41 04 0f 84 51 Stack dump: 650360c9 00000000 00000000 00000000 0062e234 650364fe 00000000 00000000 0062e25c 000000...

cancel charts & graphs on my spreadsheet
How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have windows XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread sheet. Thank you. bluebare Click chart; press Delete key Have you tried this? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "bluebare@92507" <bluebare@92507@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E14ACED5-319D-463E-AD7A-D018E9323760@microsoft.com... > How can I cancel my charts & graphs I have on a spread sheet? I have > windows > XP. Cannot find how to remove them from my spread...

non-numbered pages
How can I add a front and back cover to a catalog without having them become part of the page count. The master page for the inside pages calls for page numbers. Whenever I add or subtract a page, the page numbering changes. I want the covers, inside and outside, to not count in numbering. Can I do this? Thank you. Insert, Section... -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Opsimath" <Opsimath@peoplepc.co> wrote in message news:7ub3759v2pdmgtnivtr1cp0tlukokb3j5a@4ax.com... > How can I add a front and back cover to a catalog without having them > become part of the...

Formatting excel spreadsheet
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I delete or change the row numbering? I want the numbering to start on the second row, not the first row which has the headings. The rows can't be arbitrarily renumbered � the top row of any given sheet is Row 1 regardless of what [if any] content occupies it. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/4/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb00ff.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "meb@officeformac.com" <meb@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I ...

Duplicate Pages
I am designing a payment book. I have set it up to 3 on a page. Now I need to change the payment numbers on each page up to 12. I cannot figure out how to even edit the other 2 pages let alone the duplicates. If anyone has a suggestion please help. I'm on a deadline. Thanks Are you using letter size stock? Are the numbers you are trying to input consecutive? You need to create a data base, either in Excel, Word, Access or in Publisher with your numbers. Setup your page with the size of one payment coupon. In the page setup you can change the copies per sheet. Adjust the margins and...

My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page.
My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This is only happening to 1 spreadsheet I created and no others. I'm not quite I understand, but maybe you've frozen the window so that only a portion of the screen is visible. In xl2003 menus, I'd try: Window|Unfreeze panes Terry Evans wrote: > > My spreadsheet only appears in the top left of the page and I am unable to > resize it. You can only view rows 1-17. You can scrool down and across. This > is...

Open an Excel Spreadsheet to a Specfic Worksheet
Good Morning, I have tried the following with no luck... c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 Any other ideas? Thanks, Jody This worksheet formula worked ok for me: =HYPERLINK("file:////c:/my documents/excel/book2.xls#sheet1!a1","click me") Jody Baldwin wrote: > > Good Morning, > > I have tried the following with no luck... > > c:/yourfolder/book1.xls#'sheet1'!A1 > > Any other ideas? > > Thanks, > > Jody -- Dave Peterson Cannot be done via Command as you are attempting. Sheets cannot be selected to open...

spreadsheet
I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. How do I do this. Thank you Hi Mary, If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check Print Gridlines. Hope this helps. Pete Mary wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet and would like to keep the lines when I print it. > How do I do this. Thank you Thank you very much. that worked fine. Thanks again. "Pete_UK" wrote: > Hi Mary, > > If you go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) you will be able to check > Print Gridlines. > > Hope this helps. >...

How can I mirror pages in an excel document for printing?
I have 300 pages in an excel document which need to be double sided and bound into a a publication. I need to mirror the pages so they have the same margin on both left and right depending where they fall in the document. Can anyone help please? Hi File / Page Setup / Margins......set left and tight margins to equal amounts. You might also try ticking the centering check boxes. HTH Michael "mirroring" wrote: > I have 300 pages in an excel document which need to be double sided and bound > into a a publication. I need to mirror the pages so they have the same > ma...