My links become #value! when I insert a row

My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help!
0
Club (5)

If I understand your problem correctly:-

The #VALUE! appears on cells when it's content is too wide for th
column width. Try increasing the size of the column so that the actua
value can fit. Double Click the line to the right of the column lette
at the top of the worksheet (the left border of what looks like th
button for each column label) and it will automatically resize th
column. If not just resize it to whatever size you want

--
jaydevi
jaydevil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2667

Another possibility is that the links themselves may not be adjusting to
accomodate the new rows or columns.

Check that the links are O.K. after s sample insertion
--
Gary's Student

"Renee L at the Club" wrote:

> My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help!
0
GarysStudent (1572)
8/27/2005 10:56:04 AM
I've seen the display change to ########'s when the column wasn't wide enough.
I don't think I've ever seen #value! show up for this.

Are you sure you have?

--

Dave Peterson
0

Renee L at the Club wrote:

> My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help!

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/27/2005 12:33:11 PM
Care to give an example of the type of link you're talking about?

--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"jaydevil" <jaydevil.1uf3qa_1125137102.0034@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:jaydevil.1uf3qa_1125137102.0034@excelforum-nospam.com...

If I understand your problem correctly:-

The #VALUE! appears on cells when it's content is too wide for the
column width. Try increasing the size of the column so that the actual
value can fit. Double Click the line to the right of the column letter
at the top of the worksheet (the left border of what looks like the
button for each column label) and it will automatically resize the
column. If not just resize it to whatever size you want.

--
jaydevil
jaydevil's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=399677

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/27/2005 12:50:13 PM
I have the same problem.  I have found the only way to get the file to
display correctly is to have the source file open as well as the target file.
this is of course a major nuisance.
i have worked with Excel for many years, but I have only seen this error in
the last couple of months.

Sandy.

"Renee L at the Club" wrote:

> My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help!
0
SandyC (5)
10/7/2005 8:29:03 AM
How do you check the links???    I'm seeing the same problem when I adjust my
ranges.   The source data is on a worksheet that is separate from macro, but
within the same workbook.

"Gary's Student" wrote:

> Another possibility is that the links themselves may not be adjusting to
> accomodate the new rows or columns.
>
> Check that the links are O.K. after s sample insertion
> --
> Gary's Student
>

> "Renee L at the Club" wrote:
>
> > My links in my worksheet become #value! when I insert a row/column. Help!

paste values to last row
Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one row to the last row on a worksheet? I used column A to find the last row of the worksheet and I pasted under that last row. Dim NextRow as long dim RowToCopy as range set rowtocopy = activecell.entirerow with worksheets("somesheetnameHere") Nextrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row + 1 rowtocopy.copy _ destination:=.cells(nextrow,"A") end with patojo wrote: > > Does anyone have a VB script that will copy and paste values from one > row to the last row on a works...

Can't have a null value if another field has text.
I have tried a few different things to try and get this to work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Basically, I have a form with some text boxes linked to fields on a table, and I want one of two things to happen (the first one would be preferred, but if that's not possible, the second would be just as good): 1) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, move the text from Field 2 to Field 1 and change Field 2 to a Null value. 2) If Field 1 is updated to a Null value and Field 2 has text in it, a message box pops up that essentially says "You can't do ...

Change link between form and subform

Lookup Ranges and return value
I have some data that looks like this... 1001399 John Doe 1001200 Bugs Bunny etc..... I have a range of data to return the department they work in... 10011000 10012999 EAG 10015000 10015999 GMS 10013024 10013036 PILM 10013000 10013015 PILM 10013048 10013060 PILM 10013300 10013599 PILM 10013100 10013100 PILM 10013122 10013122 PILM 10013600 10013621 PILM 10014612 10014612 Other 10014700 10014725 Other 10014000 10014199 PILM Normally I would use a sumproducts to return the deparment but they have 1000's of entry I would have to test. So I am trying to do some kind of lookup...

How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's db
How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's db ? KC KC, The implementation guide covers this extensivlely, but you basically do this via the Deployment manger from the CRM app server. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:57:06 -0700, "KC" <kclai@addonsolutions.com.sg> wrote: How to insert a new field which is not currently in CRM's db ? KC ...

linking #4

Count unique values
Hi In my Excel worksheet there are two columns A & B. A contains the product codes and B contains the customer codes. How can I count the number of UNIQUE customer for a particular product? Both formula or pivot table would be fine. Col A Col B Pen Customer 1 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 2 Ruler Customer 1 Pen Customer 1 Pen Customer 3 Thanks in advance! Try the below array formula. Apply formula using 'Ctrl+Shift+Enter' instead of 'Enter' =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF((B1:B10<>"")*(A1:A10="Pen"), MATCH(B1:B10,B...

match a subform field value to a field in a 2nd subform
I have a main form named user_Match. It has three subform containers: sub_BUSays with source object form named sub_match_BUSays sub_RptSays with source object form named sub_match_ReportSays sub_BTSays with source object form named sub_match_BTSays sub_match_BUSays has a field called BU_BT_Portfolio_ID. sub_match_ReportSays has a field called MRE_PortfolioID. sub_match_BTSays has a field called BT_Portfolio_ID. The portfolio id is a unique 10 digit number stored as a string. I want to use the parent form to identify incorrect portfolio id's in the BUSays and ReportSays subforms. I wou...

Can I insert Auto Text of Last Updated in Excel 2003?
Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? Using a macro yes http://tinyurl.com/4d4of -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "jess_steven" <jess_steven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC065FC2-1B52-40D0-BB3E-04DDE7872268@microsoft.com... > Can i do the above on a sheet or in a Header/Footer? ...

Linked Forms

Links not linking

Linked Table Manager in ACCESS

Link To A Cell From Chart

Copy-Paste Value based on user defined range
Hello, I am trying to create an option such that, the user can input a default value in one cell, enter a start year, and the number of years he wants to assign this value for. Ex. A B C 1 Value Start Year # of Years 2 500 2005 5 Apply 500 starting in 2005 for the next five years including 2005. I am working in Excel2000. Thanks for your help ...

Rows inserted into a List will not sort properly
I have a spreadsheet that is sorted first by department, then by number. The departments are sorting OK, but within some of the departments, the numbers are not being sorted properly. This is happening in departments where some rows have been inserted into the spreadsheet and data has been entered. In those departments, after running the sort, the numbers of the inserted rows appear first, followed by the remaining numbers. I've tried reformatting the cells and Iv'e also tried copying the sheet and pasting it into a new file, both to no avail. Any ideas? Excel 2003, Window...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...

links

problem carrying over values
I have one form that has a button I''ll call it form1. The button looks at a text box for an ID and if its null it opens form2 and creates a new record in form2. If the text box is NOT null, it will go find the ID that's in the text box and filter it in form2. When the new record is created in form2, I need the ID to be put into the NULL text box in form1. I know how to do this however, if you open form2 on its own, then the error msg comes up that it can't find form1. I know why I'm getting this error, but don't know the fix for it. Is there a work around? Thanks...

Linked Tables Over A LAN

Links

email links in Publisher pdf

currency maximum value goes beyond limit 100 billion ?
Hi, Any idea to have max value for currency , float and integer data types to goes more than 100 billion ? Or is it the MS CRM 1.2 limitation ? Especially in investment industry, I have problem implementing fields that requires more than the value !!! PLease help. Thanks We ran into the same problem, and couldn't find a way around it. In the end, we changed the field labels to something like ($000) to indicate that the figure is in thousands. UNcleb, Thanks for your suggestion... Well, that tolerant with the CRM limitation if customer allow. But in finance, each number is importa...

How to ignore zero values when plotting a graph
Using Excel 2003. I have a data range for a graph. The values in the cells are the results of a simple If function - If(m28>0,n28,0). The results are taken from a larger data input exercise. But, the graph line (a simple graph!) plots the FALSE value (0) when I would like there to really be no value & hence no plotted point if the result is FALSE. Phil - Change this: If(m28>0,n28,0) to this: If(m28>0,n28,NA()) This results in the ugly #N/A error in the cell, but it makes the chart ignore the point. Debra Dalgleish shows how to hide the ugliness with conditional f...

Find row and add variable amount to it
I want to choose a selection from a drop-down list, then type in an amount in a nearby cell, and I want it to find the matching row of the item I chose from the drop-down list and enter that amount into that row (and add it to any amount that is already there, because that cell will already have a formula in it, and I want to add to that formula). For ex., let's say Column A has labels. A1, A3 and A5 are labelled "Rafter." A2, A4 and A6 are labelled "Amount." A9:A13 are labelled "5001":"5005", respectively. These represent the various names/t...

Insert Into Values Question
Hi, This works.... INSERT INTO tblFileTypeDateExport (FileName) VALUES ('A0-' & Format(Date(),'mmddyyyy') & '.xls') This Does not.... INSERT INTO tblFileTypeDateExport (FileName) VALUES ('A0-' & Format(Date(),'mmddyyyy') & '.xls'), ('B0-' & Format(Date(), 'mmddyyyy); Why? Thanks for thinking about my question! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 Never mind, got it sorted out! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...