My hide sheet option in excel is not working

My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out so I can not
toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at Medium - would
appreciate any insight into how to fix this.

Is the sheet protected? You cannot hide a protected sheet.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"arleen" <arleen @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hide sheet option in Excel is not working. It is grayed out
> so I can not
> toggle nor use it to hide or unhide sheets. Security is at
> Medium - would
> appreciate any insight into how to fix this.

0
chip1 (1821)

Doesn't anybody else have this problem with Excel 2007???
Excel 2007 kicks into Autosave on my PC, and basically, the CPU goes to 100%, and Excel is unusable until autosave is done. This actually is taking 5+ MINUTES!!! Its a real hassle, drives me up the wall! Cuts significantly into my ability to get work done, when i have to suddenly stop what i am doing for 5 minutes, maybe in the middle of a single cell entry. I have a modern laptop, not overly slow for anything else, 1GB memory, Windows XP (not Vista). I have 3 Excel files open, 1 is about 1MB, the other 2 a few hundred K each. What could possibly be going on here? Has anybody els...

Charts in Multiple Sheet in Excel
I am new to the VBA programming & I am trying to develop a VBA script which will create charts (as a separate worksheet) for each worksheet in a workbook. Sub drill() For i = 1 To Sheets.Count Sheets("Sheet(i)").Select Range("A8:I12").Select Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlColumnClustered ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet(i)").Range( _ "A8:I12"), PlotBy:=xlRows ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="Oxygen Chart" With ActiveChart .HasTitle = True .ChartTi...

Excel slow on saving
Ever since downloading (28/09) Office 2003 Service Pack2 the larger Excel files have taken a while (some 10 seconds) before starting to save to disk. I have put this down to something in SP2 - although it may be coincidentally something more sinister. Has anyone else experienced this? Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions Spare a thought for moi, my excel 97 currently is using 40sec to over a minute to save. I have been offered links to investigate but no luck as yet. spam@uce.gov "Bill Ridgeway" <info@1001solutions.co.uk> wrote in message news:dipa0t$vsn$1@ne...

To get the same header,footer and sheet titles across multiple sheets of a workbook.
Dear Friends, I want a workbook to have the same header (as some cell value of a sheet in workbook) and similarly same titles (rows and columns titles) in different sheets. I reached to the following code. It worked well for the header (and also footer) but it didn't work for the rows to repeat at top or columns to repeat. It only works for the active sheet. How can i make my work done?? The main problem i think is to make ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintTitleRows work across multiple sheets. Please help me. I have the code attached here for yur reference. 'this is the workbook c...

Hiding formuals in cells question

System keep rebooting and safe mode is not working
hello. i run xp and in trying to boot up, the system shuts down and restarts again and again. I have tried "last good config," but it makes no difference. I try to access safe mode, but it won't let me get further than trying - it too returns me to constant rebooting. i chose 'no reboot on failure,' and got the following stop error: 0x0000007B (0x79BB528, 0xc0000000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) i ran a scan disk and it revealed no disc problems and i installed the drive as a slave and ran malware bytes and super antispy - they found nothing. i am afraid ...

Restoring over Adventure Works
With v1.2, can I redeploy a CRM production database over to the Adventure Works database within the same AD environment? Jimmie ...

Sharepoint services, Infopath and Excel formulas
I created a form in Infopath and pulled the information into a list in Sharepoint. when i import becasue of the design of the form I am getting multiple reponses which are being stored in one cell. I need to count the number of responses. e.g. Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Not applicable Yes Not applicable Row 1 Yes No Not applicable No Not applicable Not applicable Not applicable...

Excel table set up help needed
How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? A table or chart? -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77D9A594-A465-4859-BE98-C6151351456F@microsoft.com... > How do I create a table with my vertical as time, my horizontal as date and then my data as Blood pressure level in the middle? ...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

excel error
run excel, error : "This program has performed an ilegal operation, and will be shutdown. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor" what happen ? please help me? regards Sus ...

hide my name

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...

Automatically Highlight Every Second Row in Excel
Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the row? Thanks GW Can you use conditional formatting? If yes, see Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/banding.htm NHB wrote: > > Hi, > > I would like to know if there is any way to have excel automatically > highlight every second row in a sheet to make it easier to read accross the > row? > > Thanks > GW -- Dave Peterson ec35720@netscape.com ...

New Equity/Index Option
I've been using Money for a number of years and recently upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert all my old options (which are treated like stocks by Money), also recognizing that the quantity field for every transaction must be divided by 100? In microsoft.public.money, Jerry wrote: >I've been using Money for a number of years and recently >upgraded to 2004 Deluxe. I found that Money now has >Equity/Index options. What's the easiest way to convert >all my old options (which are treated li...

Clever way to swap sheet names
I'm looking for a clever or efficient or cool way to swap the names of 2 sheets using just one function or subroutine call. Suppose my workbook contains one sheet that is named "foo" and the other is named "foo2". I would want my function call to swap the names of both sheets. If the function is called again, it should reverse the process. Everybody here always seem to have better or shorter methods than mine, so I would greatly appreciate your ideas. thank you everyone. Not much you can do cleverly I would have thought, but here is one way Pu...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

need to display maximum value of corresponding values in excel
Hi, I have a requirement to display the maximum scored students based on the marks. i can able to display only one student if more than one scored the same marks i want to display there name also. example sl.no studentname mark 1 john 90 2 paul 95 3 sam 80 4 michel 95 using this formula =INDEX(B:B,MATCH(MAX(C:C),C:C,0)); i can able to display the value only "paul". i want to display both paul and michel. Please help us on this. Thanks in Advance. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.misc/ 95 =MAX((G1:G21="paul")*...

Excel startup bug: VBA Run-time error 76??
Help, please. Yesterday, Excel started giving me error messages whenever I start it up. I uninstalled Office 2000, reinstalled it, and I still get the same error. Here is what happens. MS Visual Basic displays a dialog box that says: Run-time error '76': Path not found When I hit the debug button, it highlights (in yellow) the following line of code: lengthOfFile = Filelen(registryValue) What should I do to fix this annoying problem? Steve Delete the ZZZ. It keeps spam off the server. Start it with a switch "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\excel.exe" /...

Expanding Excel
Apologies if this is posted in the wrong Excel section. I own a small chemical company that analyses various products for chemical impurities. I have a spectrophotometer connected to my PC that analyses the product and then exports the data into Excel and producs a graph. This is done via a plug-in for Excel produced by the spectro manufacturer. What I would like to do, if it is possible, is to have manually entered into Excel (or an Access Db) by myself, a library of information on all the impurities I come across during my daily business. I would then like to be able to overlay gr...

Send to mail recipient feature not working correctly.
When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing happens. Any suggestions? Office 2003, Windows XP SP2 Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com <Cryptographic_ICE@yahoo.com> wrote: > When a user right clicks a file and chooses send to mail recipient a > new mail message window opens. He can type in the message and you can > see the file attached, but when he hits the send button nothing > happens. What do you mean by "nothing h...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Making a compiled list in Excel
Hi all, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet that can create a compile list from an existing list. By this I mean there is a list of item which represents the complete list and each entry has a checkbox nex to it to indicate whether it has been selected or not, and then on th same worksheet there is another list which only contains the items tha have been selected from the first, full list. Check out these screensheets to get a better idea of what I mean: http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel1/JPG http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~proebuck/excel2.JPG I think this should b...

Excel Picture Sizing
Afternoon All, Can someone please tell me how to insert a picture and have it fill the size of the cell I'm inserting into? Currently when I insert a picture it pretty much fills the screen. Apologies if this is a stupid question :) -- Cheeky Monkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cheeky Monkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24243 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=378511 Hi Try this code originally from Tom Ogilvy. Replace cell B9 with the cell you want to us...