My date format will not work.

If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like 06/02/1955.
 Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005, or
Monday, February 28, 2005.  It will default back to some other month, date
and year.  I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does anyone
know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem?

Thanks
0
LJfeild (2)

Hi

what happens if you use the short-cut key combination of
control & semi-colon (;)
to input the current date?

Cheers
JulieD

"LJfeild" <LJfeild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like
> 06/02/1955.
> Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005, or
> Monday, February 28, 2005.  It will default back to some other month, date
> and year.  I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does anyone
> know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem?
>
> Thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)
2/28/2005 2:53:41 PM
Julie,
That works for one cell at a time, why is it doing this.  I have always
typed numbers, selected them all and then changed the format on all of them
to date at one time and never had any problems before.

"JulieD" wrote:

> Hi
>
> what happens if you use the short-cut key combination of
> control & semi-colon (;)
> to input the current date?
>
> Cheers
> JulieD
>
> "LJfeild" <LJfeild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like
> > 06/02/1955.
> > Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005, or
> > Monday, February 28, 2005.  It will default back to some other month, date
> > and year.  I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does anyone
> > know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem?
> >
> > Thanks

0
LJfeild (2)
2/28/2005 3:05:07 PM
Hi

i've got no idea really why it's not working ... unless the cells you're
working in are formatted as text rather than general prior to you entering
the dates?

sorry can't be more help

> Julie,
> That works for one cell at a time, why is it doing this.  I have always
> typed numbers, selected them all and then changed the format on all of
> them
> to date at one time and never had any problems before.
>
> "JulieD" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> what happens if you use the short-cut key combination of
>> control & semi-colon (;)
>> to input the current date?
>>
>> Cheers
>> JulieD
>>
>> "LJfeild" <LJfeild@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I type a date, 02/28/05 in a cell, it changes to somthing like
>> > 06/02/1955.
>> > Even when I change the format, date, and change selections, 2/28/2005,
>> > or
>> > Monday, February 28, 2005.  It will default back to some other month,
>> > date
>> > and year.  I know that it worked correctly on Friday, 2/25/05, does
>> > anyone
>> > know of a bug or update that could have caused this problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Shortcut in Start Menu not working
This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though..... There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows problem. http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eawCjI7cIHA.5448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This happened once before ...

It worked!
Thank you very much for your help Allen!!! Your site is on my favourite list now ;-) Cristian. ...

filter by date and action

Unexpected feature when working with Reporting Services
Using a previous version of Internet Explorer (6.0.2800.1106CO) we generate a Report from an aspx page (using Reporting Services). Then the report was showed in a popup page. The Reporting Services can export a report to Excel, so we used to do this and an Excel sheet opened, and the previous page (the 'popup') kept open. Now we've upgraded the Explorer to the 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158CO version and when exporting the report to an excel, the popup closes... we don't know why... can anybody explain me how to resolve this? Thanks in advance. has IE enabled...

Transaction Date VS Business Date

IF Function Format -- Microsoft Query
I am attempting to pull data from SQL data table into Excel for pivot table. Field_1 is a value; always positive. Field_2 is a text flag; either "C" or"D". Depending on the flag in Field_2; Field_1 is either positive or negative. What is the format of the entry in Microsoft Query so that a Field_3 can accurately be calculated? In Excel I would entry =if(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1). In Access, the function would be IIF(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1) Unfortunately I have no idea whether it will work with your SQL data. If that fails, you can a...

Post Dated Checks

How to do a conditional format for multi cells
Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>. A big Thank You for all the help. dave Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference. Pete Hi Pete, This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$...

how to save fixed format text file
I have an Excel file which is 269 characters wide. I need to save this file in fixed format but experience line wrap when using the PRN file type. Anyone have an answer to my problem? You might have to use a macro to get the result you want. See if Chip Pearson's text export macro does it: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",20),20) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",10),10) & TEXT(C1,&...

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Comment print format
Hello, I am trying to change the text that says Cell: Comment: when I print my Comments at the end of my form. Is this text embedded by Microsoft? Thanks, Bob Hi Bob have a look at this thread http://tinyurl.com/3xq6h Frank GT40 wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to change the text that says Cell: Comment: > when I print my Comments at the end of my form. Is this > text embedded by Microsoft? > Thanks, > Bob Frank OP wants the printed comments to not show the Cell:A1 Comment:whatever The codes at your URL just change the on-sheet comment format, but the printed ...

Money 2001
Hi all. After an unrelated drive issue which resulted in an XP reinstall, I reinstalled my reliable old Microsoft Money 2001 (some OEM version from a Works bundle I had from long ago).. I don't update my account info online, nor do I use Money much for anything other than balancing my own accounts by hand. After the reinstall, everything works OK, however one of my account balances within the register is incorrect; yes, only incorrect when I display Unreconciled Transactions - this IS a known issue and the last time I reinstalled Money 2001 (back in ... uh.. 2004? 2005?) a quick ...

Underlined formatting comments in Word 2003
Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents. Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost. These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am inside this document, it seems as if I really managed to get rid of the formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined comments come up again. Feel like a little swearing !! -- ___________ Knut Willy Double-click TR...

Counting Dates?

Losing formating going from Word 2002 to Outlook 2002
I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why I am losing m formating when try to send a newsletter in word using outlook 2002 fro within word. When the email is received, the formating is all messed up. I tried to save the document as a web page and then send it but it i still received messed up. The newsletter is four columns wide, has text and graphics and wa saved and sent as all three different types (RTF, HTML and a norma word docutment) and still not luck. Can any one offer any advise ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.Exc...

Same format using =
I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value ? thnks Stabilo, Select A1 Edit-Copy Select A5 Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK Hope this helps Pete "stabilo" wrote: > I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific > font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the > formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and no...

An expression for dates from and to

PfDAVAdmin doesn't work on a cluster server?
PFDavAdmin V2.7 (6.5.7869.0) Exchange 2003 SP2 Windows Server 2000 (cluster) ..Net framework is running (V2 and V1.1) URLSCAN is NOT being used When I list all mailboxes on a server an then try to expand any 1 mailbox, I get: Could not expand https://... The remote server returned an error (404) Not Found When I try to use a Custom Bulk Operation (export) it logs: Warning: Could not get root properties for mailbox '...'. This mailbox will be skipped. Exception: The remote server returned an error: (501) Not Implemented. Our cluster guy says that it MIGHT be because of key gener...

Out of office turn off reminder doesn't work
Hi Outlook Gurus, We are moving our computers in our organisation from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Several staff have noticed that if you use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook 2007, it doesn't automatically remind you to turn it off when you return as it did in Outlook 2003. I also understand you can now specify to turn it on from a particular date before you leave. However, I cannot find any options at the Outlook 2007 client end (via Tools, Options) that remedy this problem. Does this need to be set on the Exchange server side? Can anyone help? Thank you Re...