My cursor always in selection mode,wat about other cursor option

My cursor in excel is in standard type ,when i place the cursor below the
right side of the cell it doesn't its cursor option to (+) this  symbol so i
cant able to make a series via cursor mode

Do you see the little autofill button at the bottom right corner of the selected
cell?

If no, then in xl2003 menus:
tools|Options|edit tab|check "allow cell drag and drop"

If yes, I don't don't have a guess.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Returning cursor to first cell, next line down
I am using a handheld scanner to record asset/serial numbers of hard ware. I scan 4 cells worth of data (across) and I would like to find a shortcut or macro to return the cursor to first cell, next line down. Any ideas ?? I have scoured the Excel help on the web etc. with no luck. I am using Excel 2000. Jeff Make sure you save a copy of the file to try this as I am not sure what else you are doing... right click on the sheet tab and select 'View Code' and paste the code in the window that pops up. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Application.Intersec...

Using Delivery options to forward email to outside address
NT 4.0 Domain. Exchange 5.5. How can I configure an account to forward email to an outside email address such as a users home address. Thanks in advance James Set up a custom recipient for the external address. Use alternate delivery on the mailbox properties to deliver to the custom recipient. Then hide the custom recipient from the GAL if you wish. James Raaymakers wrote: > NT 4.0 Domain. Exchange 5.5. How can I configure an > account to forward email to an outside email address such > as a users home address. > > Thanks in advance > James Thank you very much. >...

No options for bottom status bar in portfolio manager
I am not sure when this started but I am running Money 2007 Deluxe under Vista Business and I see that I no longer have any positions in the bottom status bar when I view the Portfolio Manager. I used to be able to pick three items to display such as Total Return, Daily Change, and how the SP500 did that day. Now it is blank. If I go to Tools - > Settings -> Investments -> Portfolio Manager... and then the Status Bar tab I can check whether to display or hide the status bar and then select three Positions. However each position had a drop down menu that is completely empty. ...

Pulsating Cursor #2
Can someone tell my how to eliminate the on - off pulsating which occurs when my cursor is in either of the Address Windows and the Subject Window of a new message? I am not speaking about the Insertion Point, which should be pulsating, but does not interfere with my typing. Thank you, Bernie Beal. Bernie I think this would be best posted in an Outlook Express news group since that is the news reader you are using for this posting. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:29:54 -0500, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Can someone tell my how to elimi...

Cursor flickers
Hi, I change the Cursor of my mouse in WM_SETCURSOR handler. That doesn't cause any flicker in XP, but causes a flicker in 98. Moreover the flicker is strange, I don't see the arrow cursor in between, It is just that my new cursor disappears for a few (fraction of) seconds, before reappearing. Any idea ? Thanks, sath I tend to work in the model of HCURSOR cur = GetCursor(); if(cur != desired) { SetCursor(desired); cur = desired; } which minimized flicker. The problem with SetCursor is that it &qu...

How to select a non-default printer ?
I am using VC++ 6.0 with MFC. I would like to print on another printer than the default one. Here is my code : BOOL CGDlgBacs::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); // This is a dialog where user select his printer CPrintDialog Imprimante( TRUE,PD_RETURNIC ); Imprimante.DoModal(); // eg : the user select the non default printer ... // so i try to select it : AfxGetApp->SelectPrinter(Imprimante.m_pd.hDevNames,Imprimante.m_pd.hDevMode, TRUE); .... Later, when in my Mainframe, i send : pGridView->SendMessage( WM_COMMAND, ID_FILE_PRINT_DIRECT ); but it prints always on the defa...

Setting cursor for Disabled Button
Hi I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the cursor. I set my custom cursor there. but it has no effect. Am I doing something wrong. -- Best regards Shrishail Rana >I have created a custom button control class derived from CButton. >Everything works fine. I want to change the cursor of control when it is in >disabled stated. I am handling WM_ENABLE message to handle changing the >cursor. I set ...

ms office excel 2007 cell selection issues
hello. when you click on a cell, and then hold shift and click on some other cell, it will select a "path" of cells from the first to the last. the first cell (i will call this the "primary cell") is special in that if you hold shift down again, and click on another cell, it will change the path of selected cells as well as the last selected cell. however, when you move the entire group of selected cells, excel will change the *relative* location of the primary cell. how to prevent this from happening? also, suppose your spreadsheet, for some reason, h...

Cursor
Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at places not designated? Annoying. Laptop? Disable the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "susansjk@hotmail.com" <susansjk@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF344F8E-7805-476F-A13B-FCC32D0A75C4@microsoft.com... > Why is my cursor jumping all over the page and putting in the letters at > places not designated? Annoying. ...

Outlook 2007: Mail merge does not work in "plain-text" mode...
Hello, I'm using MS Office 2007 Pro (with all updates and SP2) on Windows 7 Pro 64 (both german). Today I tried to generate mail merge e-mails (20 recipients) using the mail merge function for e-mails in Word 2007 (using Outlook contacts as recipient db). Before sending the e-mails I am asked for the sending mode (HTML, plaintext or attachement). If I use "HTML" everything works fine and like expected. But I want to use "plaintext". In this case the common outlook access security warning is displayed (in HTML-mode this was not the case). I gra...

Allowing Multi-Select Lists
In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select lists in a form. I have tried this and it does not seem to work. It does not pull the selected item into ntext box. Has anyone else tried this code,or can MS people answer this? Where is the code? I think there should be some JavaScript that you need to modify. :) Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Mar 14, 4:45 pm, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In 'Working with Dynamics CRM 3.0', I found code to allow for mult-select > lists in a for...

About Cursor
Hi, I create two views using splitter window in MFC, while the left one is used to set options and the right one draw the scene according to the command of the left one with openGL. Now I want the cursor of the mouse is visial in the left view and unvisial in the right one.That means when the cursor falls in the rect of the right view it disapeared and in other field it works all right! How can i do that? Have any ideas? Thanks! Probably the simplest way is to have an OnSetCursor handler in the RH window and do a SetCusor(NULL) to hide the cursor. joe On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:44:27 +080...

Greyed out signature options
I have a problem with my Outlook 2003 where the option to select a signature is "greyed out". I cannot edit the settings from within Word 2003. Is there a registry setting where I can reestablish this option? Has anyone seen this happen before? It is not a user policy problem. Thanks in advance. Bernard. If you uncheck Word as the editor in Outlook's Mail Format Options, you = will regain the option to create, edit and delete signatures. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to m...

How to print only selected columns from a worksheet
Is there a best way to set up a Worksheet so that it will only print selected columns? For example, I am using a spreadsheet to allow multiple users to enter data. However, they only need to print six of the 52 columns in which they are entering data. The columns are NOT adjacent to one another. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Hi Mike, One way is to hide the other columns before you print. You could also record a macro to do this for you and maybe a second macro to unhide after you print. HTH Martin "Mike C" <js2k111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:673cade2-be...

Cursor disappears 11-25-09
Today installed Office 2010 Beta. Am running Windows 7. While using Word from this suite (which I understand is actually Word 2007), if I hold down the spacebar the cursor disappears while it is advancing. I can't tell where it is until I release the spacebar. Very troublesome and I can't find a way to fix it. -- meamjw Word in Office 2010 is Word 2010, but its behaviour in this regard is the same as it was in 2007, which was a change from earlier versions. The cursor does not disappear, but it does not stop flashing and, so, is not always visible. If you must do ...

Expression builder in a select query
I want to determine the qualifying % of commission based on Margin $ as follows <74.99 0.00% >75 and <149.99 8% >150 and <249.99 10% >25 and <349.99 12% >400 14% My expression below do not produce correct results.I need help. COMM_RATE: IIf([Net_Margin]<74.99,"0.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<149.99,"8.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<224.99,"10.00",IIf([Net_Margin]<399.99,"12.00",IIf([Net_Margin]>400,"14.00",0))))) COMM_RATE: IIf([Net_Margin]<74.99,"0.00" ,IIf([Net_Margin]<149.99,"...

Sorting Options in the Enquiry Windows
The Financial Detail enquiry window sorts transactions by open year then by account index then by transaction date then by period id and finally by DEX_ROW_ID. In this window you can look only on one year and one account at a time. If you restrict your view to one day only it seems that this window sorts transactions by the order in which transactions were posted (by dex_row_id only, because the rest of the fields remain the same). If you have over a hundred transactions on the same day it is very time consuming to find the transaction you are looking for. There should be a way of so...

Select Case testexpression
I would like to understand the Select Case method to use instead of if - then. As I understand this structure, the Select Case line should have a testexpression where I have put ???. I don't understand what that means and I can't get the following to work without that. Can someone please explain how to get the following code to work. Rob Select Case ??? Case ActiveCell = Range("R25").Value ActiveCell.Offset(0, 6).Activate ufTaxWithheld.Show Exit Sub Case ActiveCell = Range("S25").Value ActiveCell.O...

Window always opens too small to view new mail
I recently upgraded to XP. Since then whenever I open new mail in Outlook Express the window it opens in is quite small and I always have to maximize it. Is there any way to configure OE to open new mail in a maximized window? ...

Switching from Mixed to Native Mode
I have an Exchange 5.5 server (mail) and an Exchange 2003 server (mail03). All mailboxes and distribution lists have been moved. 2003 runs fine with the 5.5 server shutdown. What steps do I need to take to remove my 5.5 server so I can switch 2003 to native mode? Thanks in advance! -Nick http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272314 "Acoustix" <Acoustix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E30DC047-DDE2-467B-8CAF-088629F6BE15@microsoft.com... >I have an Exchange 5.5 server (mail) and an Exchange 2003 server (mail03). > All mailboxes and distribution list...

The cursor in Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) THe cursor in Word is white. How can I change it to black ...

remove tiled mode in outlook 2003
I can't seem to get rid of tiled mode in outlook 2003 when creating a background stationery. I'm trying to create a good looking email that is not too large a file in outlook. you need to put the image in a table to keep it from tiling. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Outlook 2007, proofing options greyed out in Editing Options dialog
I've just uninstalled the Office 2007 trial and installed a retail copy of Outlook 2007. For reasons I won't go into I've reverted to Office 2000, with the exception of Outlook, which didn't work with Vista. While the Outlook editor still autocorrects spelling mistakes, I noticed it isn't underlining unknown words in red any more. When I go into the Editor Options and select Proofing, all the options in the Microsoft Office Section are available to me, but the Outlook specific ones are all greyed out. Moreover, in neither of these sections is there a "Hide spe...

Cursor
When using my keyboard shortcut keys in a Word document, I accidently pressed ALT+CTRL+Hyphen and this resulted in my cursor changing to a short thick black line. Repeating the action did not change it back to my normal cursor. The only way to get rid of it was to Exit from the document. How can I change this shortcut key so that it doesn't happen again? O/S is Windows Vista Office Small Business Edition 2003 The keystroke triggers the command for removing an item from a menu. It can be cancelled by pressing the ESC key or you can go to Tools> Customize & either ...

Select count(*) in SQL
Hi, has anyone an idea how to manage a query like "SELECT COUNT(*) from xyz WHERE ...." with ODBC and ACCESS. From what i read in the documentary i think i have to switch to MySQL. Matt That is a valid SQL query that Access will honor. What seems to be the problem? "Matt" <Matthias@monarch.net> wrote in message news:1063645988.124726@critter.monarch.net... > Hi, > > has anyone an idea how to manage a query like "SELECT COUNT(*) from xyz > WHERE ...." with ODBC and ACCESS. From what i read in the documentary i > think i have to switch to...