My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?

In excel my fill down shortcut does not work.  Ctrl+D.  Where are these
shortcut viewed and possibly reset?
0
mikenoble (1)

There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting
to do a fill down.  One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke
before it gets to Excel.  The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has
been assigned to a macro.  One way to check the latter possibility quickly
is to start Excel in safe mode.  From Start->Run enter "excel.exe /s"
(without quotes, there is s pace before the slash).  If Ctrl-d works then
you know it is a macro loading with some workbook that is causing the
problem.  You'd have to investigate further to find the culprit.
--
Jim
"mikenoble" <mikenoble@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In excel my fill down shortcut does not work.  Ctrl+D.  Where are these
> shortcut viewed and possibly reset?

0
jrrech (1933)

can't add words to dictionary
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007. I have a custom dictionary to use and I have "suggest from main dictionary only" unchecked. How do I get the spell checker to allow me to add a word to the dictionary? Bob What dictionary do you have defined under custom dictionaries? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "BBran" <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:uVHhxYNwHHA.4480@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... Hello, I am usin...

Need HELP Outlook and Roadrunner
I'm new to Roadrunner. I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web mail, not Outlook. pop3 = pop-server.roadrunner.com smtp = smtp-server.roadrunner.com Thanks Mark Have you verified with RR that the POP server name is correct? They should have the correct settings on their website. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "MWB" wrote: > I'm new to Roadrunner. > > > I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web > mail, not Outlo...

Can't receive email from exchange server
I work as a consultant for a company that recently installed exchange server 2003. I do their website work, and I have an email address at one of their website domains. The same domain is used by the company for their internet mail. When someone at the company sends me email, I don't get it. I can send to them fine. I can also receive email to other email accounts I have on other domains. I am guessing this is some sort of exchange configuration issue. The IT guy for the company hasn't seemed to figure out how to fix it. He suggests I use another email account! Any poin...

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

My right click menu is not working.
I used to be able to right click with my mouse and get a menu that would allow me to copy, paste etc... I have lost that ability... How do I get it back... I know it is something simple... Try typing this in the VBE immediate window application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled=true -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Right click mouse in excel to copy" <Right click mouse in excel to copy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F811C55-FD84-4747-9E9F-469D62C4E07A@microsoft.com... > I used to be able to right click wit...

Why can't I copy text after sending file as email in Publisher
I selected a template from Microsoft's website and edited it. After sending it as an email (email sent as message), I am not able to highlight the text. I am sending this as a press release, and therefor need this function to able reporters to copy/paste the text. If I start my own design (and don't use a template) highlighting isn't a problem. Any ideas? When Publisher sends something as an email it changes the format. It basically turns it into a picture. I don't think I'd use Publisher for a press release (depending on your field). As much as I love Pub, I'd u...

getting a sumif statement to work across multiple files
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get a sumif statement to wor across different files. Currently I have three files, one for currency conversions, one fo items purchased for specific accounts, and third the cover shee listing balances for all the accounts. The cover sheet has a sumif statement linking once to the currenc conversion file and once to the items purchased file, for differen items. When I do this however, it gives me a '#VALUE' response. As soo as I open the file, it links properly, but once I close it the erro pops up. Also, if I combine the three spreadsheets ...

Simple question: Can I a lookup across multiple columns? (ie, if c and d = j and k)
Say I want to match a value from column a and column b with a value tha is somewhere in column j and column k, and if it does make the value o the selected cell the value in column l. Ex: A B C J K L 1 2 2 3 x 4 5 6 7 y 8 9 1 2 z In that example the lookup would give back the value of z for the firs c column entry and nothing for the others since 4 and 5, and, 8 and do not match up with any two columns in j and k -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Something like this might work for you: I put the table in A1:L3. I put 1 i...

Table of Contens not working in Panther
I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get the TABLE OF CONTENTS function using the “index and tables…” option on the “Insert” menu to work. I keep getting the following message; Error! No table of contents entries found. On 2/23/04 6:11 PM, in article 3A5F8892-758A-481D-A225-C00BBAECD7F6@microsoft.com, "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Microsoft Office 10.1.5 on a PowerBOOK G3, 500 MHz using Apple OS > X Panther 10.3.2 Inside of WORD X, I cannot get th...

Can you please help me???
I am trying to create a multiplication chart. I am trying to "fill right" my formula to make it easy, HOWEVER, the formula changes. So, it goes A1, then B1, then C1 etc. I know there is a way to make it so that the number always stays A1 but I can't remember it and it's frustrating me like crazy. Can you help me??? Thanks!!! Lynelle, You can use absolute and relative references ie = 2*A1 will change both A and 1 as you drag it = 2*$A1 will only allow the 1 to change and A will stay as A = 2*A$1 will only allow the A to change and 1 will stay as 1 = 2*$A$1 will no...

how can i access e-mails from an older version of outlook
i used to have outlook 2000 updated to 2003 and now i cannot access e-mails i had stored on the older version, can anyone help with this. thanks Describe "cannot access email". Does that mean you cannot open the PST file (personal folder) that was used with OL2000? Do you store your email in PST file or Exchange mailbox? "mags" <mags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A3A91C6-63C6-4B41-B08A-95F747EACCAD@microsoft.com... >i used to have outlook 2000 updated to 2003 and now i cannot access e-mails >i > had stored on the older version, can...

C: 15GB Drive has documents/Data and D: 300GB drive has applicatio
I just received an XP system that has continual problems with storage on the C Drive. When the drive was divided (or whatever), the small 15GB Drives named C: The remaining large D drive (300GB or so, has the applications). Any suggestions (other than reformatting the whole hard drive), on how I can set the D drive up as the main drive so that this system is not always running out of space on the C drive? Or what do you suggest? Obviously I am looking for a quick easy solution to frustrating problem I inherited. Thanks, Steve On 21 Aug 2010, =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= ...

Can't access
This has NEVER happened to me before. MM2003 will not let me login using my .NET account. The name and password are corrent - I can get into Hotmail and my account information, but not Money! Nothing had changed (that I know of). Is there a file I can delete that is storing wrong information? I have already changed my password with no success. Any information would be very appreaciated! Jose ...

How can I clean up old calendar entries?
My mailbox size keeps growing. I can take care of my inbox, sent items, deleted files; but I don't know how to get rid of old calendar entries. This just keeps growing and growing. Change you Calendar view to the All Appointments view via the View-> Current View menu. You can now handle the calendar items like in a mail folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "...

Can't save sent mesages?
I'm runnning Outlook 2003, i have everthing checked for saving my sent messages, but it don't keep them in the sent folder, it was working a month ago but just stoped. Any ideas what to look for?? Melvin Edward Melvin Edward <MelvinEdward@news.postalias> wrote: > I'm runnning Outlook 2003, i have everthing checked for saving my sent > messages, but it don't keep them in the sent folder, it was working a > month ago but just stoped. > Any ideas what to look for?? Check to make sure you're using a Unicode PST. If not, it could be that the Sent It...

I can send mails with WLM
Since 2 mounts I try to send mails with WLM but I can't, WLM always send me a menssaje back: "WML can't send or recive menssajes, for more informatios go to http://www.hotmail.com" this happens when I try to send video o PPT/PPS o DOC in the mails, but when i send plain text its succefull, what happend? I only can send messajes by the web page I unnistall WLM, clean with CCleaner, reset the PC, reinstall, but still the same problem I have Windows 7 ultimate, and the latest version of WLM some help? sorry for my English I'm from Mexico It'...

Can't change x-axis labels
I'm certain this is a rookie question, but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to change the default labels on a 3-D chart. Here's the story. I created a 3-D chart with a single series and 5 data points (columns). By default, Excel placed a numeric value beneath each column. The value that appears beneath each column is a single digit and is either 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. These columns represent the five quarters from 1st quarter 2005 through 1st quarter 2006. What I want to do is change the digits to 1st Qtr 2005, 2nd Qtr 2005, etc. When I brought up the Format Axis windo...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

search feature not working
Sometimes the search feature will not find a field but then a few minutes later it will work. This also happens in Word. Hi! Can you give specifics? Numbers? Text? If numbers, are they exact o approximate? How are you searching? Have you looked at the data other ways e.g. with Autofilter? Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Graph from a PIVOT table: update not working. Please Help!
Hello everyone ! I have an question for experts : I am trying to create a tool to allow users to see 1 graph the result of a table: let me explain the problem: the table is a PIVOT table. So when I change the PIVOT table (= it adds different data in a range of cell determined) It seems working very well for the first graph (the graph is doen wih the good data). But when I update the pivot table the graph doesn’t make any changes (it keeps old first data). I have to redefine the source data manually (the data series are good but the selection is not working!!) . Do you know a way to solv...

Can Viso map my network? How to setup
I would like visio to map my network. How do I set this up? Also, what ports do I need to open on the routers? I have Visio 2002 do you have the visio enterprise network tool? If so, you might start here http://www.microsoft.com/office/visio/networkcenter/default.mspx al "H20man" <H20man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FF6911F-96E0-45A3-BBBB-FBE6F11DEF5A@microsoft.com... >I would like visio to map my network. How do I set this up? Also, what > ports do I need to open on the routers? > I have Visio 2002 ...

Can not save the file
Hi, I try to save the modified file; after I click the save button on the toolbar, the Microsoft Office Access message box appear and the message is: The Save operation failed. What is wrong? What should I change to save my file? On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:53:03 -0800, Ac <Ac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I try to save the modified file; after I click the save button on the >toolbar, the Microsoft Office Access message box appear and the message is: >The Save operation failed. What is wrong? What should I change to save my >file? What are you trying t...

"Move to Folder" does not work but brings up an email form
Outlook is not working right. ---- "Advance Find" I right click on a result and then click on "Move to Folder" I select the designated folder, and it does not work. An email form is generated for the recipient instead. How do I get it to "Move to Folder" ? Do I abandon Outlook and go back to Outlook Express? outlook version? detect and repair not working? scanpst.exe? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scrat...

What parts of a SQL query can be parameterized and what parts can't?
hi We can parameterize ORDER BY in the ranking functions ( @someName holds a value =93FirstName ) CREATE PROCEDURE example ( @someName varchar(16) ) AS SELECT EmployeeId, FirstName, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY @someName) AS RowNum FROM Employees But for some reason we can=92t parameterize ORDER BY clause in the query (@someName holds a value =93FirstName=94): CREATE PROCEDURE example ( @someName varchar(16) ) AS SELECT EmployeeId, FirstName FROM Employees ORDER BY @someName The above code gives me the following exc...

does Office vX work with Panther (10.3)?
hi, i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the upgrade, will: a) my Office vX work? b) i need to reinstall it? many thanks. this is a great group! constantine ct <ctheodo8@otenet.gr> wrote: > i have a G3 ibook and i am thinking of upgrading to 10.3? If i do the > upgrade, will: > > a) my Office vX work? Yes. > b) i need to reinstall it? Only if you do an Erase and Install. Otherwise, the Office applications folder (as well as the Microsoft User Data and the preferences in your home folder) should be preserved. i appreciate your inpu...