my column headers has changed to numeric from alphabetcal order #2

I have come across strange problem ..my column names has chnaged to numeric
from alphabet and now none of my formulaes  work as all the cell names show
up as R1C1 , R1C2  and so on...

Anyone knows what have i messed up ???
0
annie (51)

Hi Annie,

Try:

Tools | Options | General Tab | Uncheck R1C1 reference style.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have come across strange problem ..my column names has chnaged to numeric
> from alphabet and now none of my formulaes  work as all the cell names
> show
> up as R1C1 , R1C2  and so on...
>
> Anyone knows what have i messed up ???

0
normanjones (1047)

Excel Headers
Hello All, Hope all is clicking good. Excel allows a user to create a header but the header is only displayed when printing and is also very limited in function. I am trying to create an Excel document that devoted the first seven rows to a header and then remaining thousands of rows to a list of data. I.e.: HEADER Name: blah Date: 03/03/03 Time: 12:24:03 Title: Excel problem Procedure 1) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 2) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 3) ~~~~~~~~~~~ TABLE Symbol Name Description Price ----------- -------- --------------- -------- MSFT Microsoft A big giant $23.22 AAPL Ap...

Print Preview #2
I use Publisher to edit a tabloid-style newspaper for our local school district. Last year, I printed the newspaper on a standard printer using 11x17 paper. This year, I am using a local webpress. The new page dimensions are 10.25"x11.5". The problem is when I preview the printed page it is skewed and split between two or four pages. I'm hopeful there is simple solution to my problem. My September deadline is looming! :o) Thank you! Dixie -- If you can do math, you can do anything! Check all of your settings - page and printer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publ...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...

Excel Sorting Problem #2
I am trying to sort out my league table in order of points (P) bu everytime i select my cells (H15:P25) and then go data|sort|by (P Descending he screen flickers but they dont sort in order of points They just stay where they where before. Can anyone help ??? i can also send you the workbook if you want ?? Mny Thanks Benn bc1987@ntlworld.co -- cassy0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=78 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31879 Benn, ...

Change Control Source
I am using one form for two slightly different purposes. I want to be able to have one txt box have 2 different Data control source's. 1 = existing customer 2 =new customer So something like "on open event" if "txtboxusedTodiffertiatebetweenforms =1 then me.txtboxXXXXX.property.ControlSource = tblx.fld1 else me.txtboxXXXXX.property.ControlSource = tbly.fld2 end if In short can I change the control source on the fly. I hope this is fairly clear. -- Thanks for any assistance NNlogistics wrote: >I am using one form for two slightly different purposes....

Search columns on multiple worksheets
In a workbook I have a worksheet for each month of the year. How would I be able to automatically determine whether the entry currently being made has been entered in the same column previously on any of the worksheets? (Similar to “Find” under Edit) If so, would it be possible to indicate the previously entered data by highlighting each duplicate cell? I suggest you start with Chip's site www.cpearson.com which has lots about duplicates Then come back with more detailed question best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps fro...

optional column required in datasheet view
I have a document library with two content types. I have changed all columns for both content types to optional. One content type is link to a document, for which URL is required by default. I have changed it to optional. The other content type is document. URL is not used in that content type. When I bulk edit items in datasheet, though, I can't save my changes without putting data in the URL column for documents, even though the column is not used in that content type and is set as optional. I even tried making URL optional at the site content type level and the datashee...

Order, Note
Hello, When you go into Order and then select the next document number (or even bring up an old one), one of the icons next to the number is Notes. Does anyone know where in the database this is stored? We have a Crystal Reporting package and I would like to be able to print this field on the document. Thanks - much appreciated. PS. this group is very knowledgeable. all notes for a GP company are stored in SY3900 - link on the NOTEINDX from the transaction -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "The Phone Guy" <ThePhoneGuy@discussions.microsoft...

Text to columns #2
Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimite text to columns when it opens? Thanks all, Vat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Vato If I understand you correctly, simply record yourself doing it once and then re-run the code in future -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.182h63@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have a worksheet automatically change to delimited &...

multipule columns as on column
I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary key, the next fifteen and actually three groups of five (a,b,c,d,e,a1,b1,c1,d1,e1,a2,b2,c2, d2,e2) the need to be output as a,a1,a2 into a field called last name (not concatenated), b,b1,b2 into a field called first name...etc... Does anyone have any ideas On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:07:31 GMT, "gz3d2h" <u34843@uwe> wrote: >I need to create a make-table query containing 6 fields.. > >I have 16 fields in the original table. The first is a primary ke...

Change Required Date on PO
I change the Required date on PO, but when I print a new PO, the new PO still shows the old required date. How can I make printed PO shows the new date I changed. Thanks! -- Lucy Lucy: Because the Required Date is at the Line Item level on the PO, you have to change the Required Date on the Line Item as well as the Header level of the PO to have the change reflected properly. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Thank you very much! -- Lucy "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" wrote: > Lucy: > > Because the Required Date is at the Line It...

Log Files #2
Hi can anyone help Recently our exchange server seems to be creating nearly 1000 5mb logs every day. Is there any reason for this sudden growth. I am rapidly running out of space and what to get this resolved before I lose my email functionality Any help will be greatly appreciate Kind Regard Nilks Please take a look at the following article: 298551 XADM: Large Number of Transaction Logs Created http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298551 -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warrant...

Cell Change as a Trigger Macro
Hello all, I posted my question in the programming board here: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thr= ead/thread/11bada939dbf45c0/69530d8a32d69d85?lnk=3Dst&q=3Dkaken6&rnum=3D3&h= l=3Den#69530d8a32d69d85 but I=E2=80=99m not sure if it was the correct location nor gotten any responses, so I hope this is alright! Essentially, what I=E2=80=99m wanting to do seems similar to the question here: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thr= ead/thread/5031e29938183367/c00908a17e2edc07?lnk=3Dst&q=3Dexcel+question+1+=...

RMS 2.0 integrating with Office Accounting 2007 possible?
Hi All, Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? With POS2.0 its possible? and for RMS?? Dennis Do you have a reseller? They should be able to guide you on these questions. But the word around the water cooler is that RMS 2.0 will integrate with Office Accounting 2007. Gearing everything for v3.0's roadmap to the .net environment. Dont quote me on this, though I am pretty certain that this info is correct. -- Jere Hurn zeroedin, inc "Dennis" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? > > Wit...

Importing email address from column in excel sheet
Wondering how to import about 60 email addresses I have in a column in an excel spreadsheet into my address book in outlook. Or even to send one email, then navigate to the email address list without actually adding them in my address book. ...

want to add all $ in column c where column A is the same
I'm very new at Excel, and a real math dummy. I've figured out how to enter a formula when all the $ I want to add are together, but I can't figure out how to do that when I want to select only the $ values for certain items listed throughout the spreadsheet. For example: I keep a running list of Architects, their projects and $ values of each project as they are assigned. I want to automatically calculate the total current $ value for each Architect without having to sort them in order, or create a separate table for each architect. Can I do that? Here's what th...

Custom Date Format #2
When working with data from a spreadsheet which originated from a much earlier version of Excel (Excel95, I believe), which I'm now trying to use with Excel 2003. I'm having trouble with the formatting of the date being interpreted as a formula and forcing an equals sign "=" to appear next to the data. When the file is first opened, the original data appears correctly. However, after editing the data in the field and pressing the 'enter' key, the date displayed on the sheet shows "00-Jan-00". When I use the arrow keys to go back up to that parti...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Add timer to a dll #2
I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. Is it possible and how? Regards galia "Galia" <galia@mandi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Om$9Mj8CIHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a regular MFC dll. I want to add a time to the application class. >Is > it possible and how? > Regards > > galia > > > Hi Galia, i think i gave you a answer to this on some another NG. You should work with a hidden window to get timer messages. As far as i know, this is the most effective method. Maybe someone else has a better s...

Group DB columns to be used in pivot table
Hi, I have the following problems to prepare the DB. I need to create a Pivot Table and my source DB is Excel. Headings go from Column A to AT, but only columns A to N will be used to play around with the pivot, while columns O to AT are only to input values. How can I: 1) Transform the many columns O to AT in one field called Product so that once placed into the Column part of the Pivot I can see all the headings from O to AT 2) How to make all the O to AT cells active so that the user can enter values and see the changes or analyse using the A to N fields? Examle: A B C D E F G H I...

Change receiving email for microsoft.public.access.gettingstarted group
I am retiring 2/26/10 and I need to change the receiving email for this and other groups to my home email address. I went to two places that I thought would take care of it but the one place wouldn't let me put in another email address. I believe I could only change the sign- on name. THe other place said I couldn't add a gmail address because the group couldn't go to a gmail address. Please help!! Thanks ...

Changing header text in a property sheet
I'm implementing a bootstrap program for our new installer which handles prerequisites that the various user-selectable parts of the install need. On each property sheet page where a prerequisite's install needs to be launched, we have an Install button to launch that install. After a successful install, the Install button is disabled, and the Next button is enabled. What we would like to happen also is for the header subtitle text to change from 'Such and such is not installed' to 'Such and such has been installed successfully'. Is there a way to change header t...

how do i change column labels back to letters? currently columns.
when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both labeled with numbers. How do I relabel the columns alphabetically so that I can use formulas? thanks Click Tools > Options > General tab Uncheck "R1C1 reference style" > OK -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "slthompson" <slthompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF283F7-A345-46E9-AD0C-148B8BDC200B@microsoft.com... > when i opened excel this evening, i found that columns and rows are both &g...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

hide a column
hi can u help me with this what i want is that if in a column there is written "Blank" a comman that hides that particular column plz help me with thi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro (looks in row 1 for this word 'Blank') Sub hide_columns() Dim ColNdx As Long application.screenupdating=False For ColNdx = 1 to 256 If Cells(1, ColNdx).Value = "Blank" Then Columns(ColNdx).hidden = True End If Next ColNdx application.screenupdating=True End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany >...