multiuser access to excel files

Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an
excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network
share?
0
ricdeters (1)

"Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an
> excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network
> share?

Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a
danish version so I don't know the english name for it)

--
/\ preben nielsen
\/\ prel@post.tele.dk

0
prel (1)
7/27/2003 8:54:53 AM
tools/share workbook, and a check box. how neat!

never seen that before..........

Steve
"preben nielsen" <prel@post.tele.dk> wrote in message

> "Ric Deters" <ricdeters@swbell.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> > Is there a way to allow for multiple users to access an
> > excel workbook simultaneously if it is stored on a network
> > share?
>
> Look in the Functions menu. Third item from the top (using a
> danish version so I don't know the english name for it)
>

> --
> /\ preben nielsen
> \/\ prel@post.tele.dk

Excel General #2
Hi there, If I have two columns of numbers in an excel spreadsheet is it possible to put in some formulae or some other function thatlist out the common numbers in both the columns. Basically I need to eliminate the #'s in column A that figure in Column B too. Thanks for the help. Cheers, Srini -- sjanaswamy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjanaswamy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14057 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=573850 Look here: http://www.cpearson.com...

Excel 2007 does not update chart data
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. It calculates several numbers in several rows. The rows are shown in a simple bar graph. When I open it in Excel 2007, and I adjust the input, all numbers in all rows are adjusted. But some of the bars in the graph are not adjusted. The data in the bars are linked to cells with new values, but the bar shows the old value. Pressing CALC does not help. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

Multiuser?
My wife and I have separate computers and sometimes, we would like to do different things on the budget simultaneously. Can Money 2004 Premium handle 2 users accessing the MNY file at the same time? At the same time as in simultaneous? Don't do it! Corruption will likely be the result. "David" <David@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:005301c39200$35c0d0f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > My wife and I have separate computers and sometimes, we > would like to do different things on the budget > simultaneously. Can Money 2004 Premium handle 2 users > accessing the MN...

Trouble opening and saving files in Word and Excel
Every time I try to save a file using "save as" it displays an error message saying this: "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working ", Header 2- "Windows is checking for a solution to the problem... " Text changes (load bar remains): Header 1- "Microsoft Office Word is trying to recover your information... ", Header 2- "This may take several minutes. " It then takes approx. 10-20 seconds before the load bar disappears and the text changes to: Header 1- "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working ", Header 2- "...

ACCESS'97 to ACCESS'2003
HI: i will be converting a significant ACCESS'97 .mdb to ACCESS'2003. The .mdb has complex forms, many pass-thru queries and linked tables and a lot of DAO code. Can anyone share with me any gotchas and other issues that i will have to deal with ? thank you Vern Make a backup on different system, convert it, see what happens. Worst comes to worst you can always go back... and of course, whatever problems you come across, post here and maybe someone will be able to help you. >-----Original Message----- >HI: >i will be converting a significant ACCESS'97 .mdb to &...

Can Access 2007 discern which folder it lives in?
In order to simplify our "TEST to PROD" change control we would like to be able to programmatically (in VBA) determine which folder an ACCDB lives in. Is this possible? Thanks, Brad "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0F1C3B-CAF3-40D1-838A-AFB0D4782DAE@microsoft.com... > In order to simplify our "TEST to PROD" change control we would like to be > able to programmatically (in VBA) determine which folder an ACCDB lives > in. CurrentProject.Path will return the folder in which the current database ...

Administrative Access
Our company recently migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Occassionally, there is a need to access a user's mailbox. Administrators could do this before the migration, but now they cannot. What permissions are required to enable full access for administrators? (Without granting inbox permission through Outlook on the desktop). Thanks, Walt wmckinn@tc2.com This link will help.. http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.htm "Walt McKinney" <wmckinn@tc2.com> wrote in message news:#7SwccZaEHA.3512@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Our compa...

data entry form Excel
The data entry fields of the standard data entry form in Excel are too small and therefore not adequate for me. Is there a way to enlarge the fields in this standard form; if not is there a way to create my own data entry form in a simple way for example by using a wizard programm You can't widen the text boxes in the data entry form. You could try John Walkenbach's Enhanced Data Form. It's a free add-in that has slightly wider boxes, and allows combo boxes, and unlimited fields. http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm Or, you could create your own form. There are instr...

access to the m drive as a admin
how can i get access to the m drive mbx folder from the mailboxes i'm login as administrator i want to change somthing on de m drive please help "rene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can i get access to the m drive mbx folder from the >mailboxes >i'm login as administrator >i want to change somthing on de m drive >please help Don't even consider accessing the M drive as an admin to look in mailboxes. That's a recipie for disaster. Gain administrative accesses to mailboxes by this method: http://support.microsoft.com/?i...

Scrolling in Excel worksheet
Hi all Can you help me?? I have several Excel workbooks [office 97], which have all created the same way, however, when I open some of them and scroll down by clicking onto the 'little block' inside the scroll bar, it takes you down the worksheet by a few hundred rows, rather than just a few. It doesn't happen all the time, just every so often, but it's getting annoying!! Can anybody help?? Thank you. Louise This may not be too much help but, i know that the scroll bar jump hundreds of cells at a time if you keep the 'shift' key pressed whil clicking the ...

Word 2007
I have two documents -- one (the old text) has comments and the other (the current text) doesn't. I need to get the comments (as many as are still relevant) into the current text. I tried running a redline (using Workshare) and the comments didn't come over, regardless of which file I used as the original file. Then I tried using the "combine revisions from multiple authors into a single document" feature, using the old, annotated document as the original file. I thought it worked perfectly until I started going through it. I discovered that lots of the com...

Accessing all parts of too big dialog box
Dear all: I have a dialog box that turns out to be too be big to be shown on screens with low screen resolution. Seemingly there are users that have such a low screen resolution, so changing it to a higher resolution is not a option. I have figured out that if I enable the system menu, the system menu can be used to move the dialog box around without keeping the mouse pointer on the title bar. The problem is that I cannot put the title permanently outside the screen. It keeps jumping back. There is no similar problem with the bottom of dialog box. Putting parts of the dialog bo...

Downloading Files Using Excel
Is there a way to use excel to download files. I have a large number of files I wish to download. They are all in the same directory. I was wanting to maybe put the file names into the sheet and somewhere input the directory they are in on the web, and then have it download them all to the same place, not in the excel file, but to a folder on my computer. I do not need a password, and I am not using ftp for this. Thanks ...

excel add-in
Does the add in for excel work against RS reports? Does it work against local cube files? ...

Please help! Want to auto-close opened XML file
Greetings, I need some help with what seems to be a simple task but which, as usual, is impossible to do given the state of VBA's help files. I am looping through a series of XML files in a folder and want to convert/save them off to another folder in CSV (because we found Excel can do this). Inside my loop, I am doing the following to open the file: Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=(inputDir + xmlFile), LoadOption:=xlXmlLoadImportToList That's fine and dandy but I don't really need the workbook to open like a real workbook -- I need it to open like in C++ or Java (i.e. open it int...

Auto Execute Macros when opening and closing a file
Can I write a macro that auto executes if I open the file. Can I write a macro that executes when I close the file. Can I hide all the menus and toolbars when I run this program. Hi Amit Use a Workbook_Open event handling routine Use a Workbook_BeforeClose event handling routine You might look at the following for details on event handlers: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm There's no reason why you can't hide menus and toolbars. The most important thing though will be to restore them when the workbook is closed and even then you risk problems when you g...

Multiuser Operation
I was asked to set up Outlook so that multiple people can access the same account simultaneously. Im on W2k3 server with terminal services running. It was demonstrated to me on W2K that this indeed can work but when the remote client accesses the terminal server and opens Outlook, and another session attempts to access the same account it is rejected stating that the file has been locked. I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it thinking that, since TS was installed after outlook, maybe Outlook was in the wrong mode. But that didnt help the issue any. Suggestions? -- Message posted via htt...

Three characters at beginning of xml file written with xmltextwriter
Here they are:  They appear at the beginning of the file. If I cut and paste the file with these characters into a xml validator I get an error. These characters do not appear in notepad but do in my other text editor. Explorer seems to open the file ok though. Thanks Ellie wrote: > Here they are: > >  > > They appear at the beginning of the file. If I cut and paste the file > with these characters into a xml validator I get an error. These > characters do not appear in notepad but do in my other text editor. > Explorer seems to open the file ok though....

Importing data from excel to works
Is there a way to export information from an excel spreadsheet into a works database format? Please advise. "Sue" <Snatale9@comcast.net> wrote in news:14a801c3df85$2e6f33f0 $a401280a@phx.gbl: > Is there a way to export information from an excel > spreadsheet into a works database format? You probably have to export the data from excel in a format that works can read, such as csv, dif, or sylk. Then open the intermediate file from within works. -- My email address has an extra @ (spell it out) and an extra invalid. Please remove them if you are not a spammer o...

Use Excel to work on another Excel workbook?
Web site recommendations for the given subject line? Jon Peltier's site give good examples for PowerPoint but I'm a VBA beginner/intermediate so actual Excel examples would be nice. -- Toby Erkson Oregon, USA Excel 2002 in Windows XP Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to achieve exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Toby Erkson" <not.necessary@nospam.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#dexZxV2EHA.1392@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Web site recommendations for the given subject line? Jon Peltier's site give > g...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed)
Hi there, I'm facing a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the 'insert file' dialog box (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving these kind of attachments! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. We use ...

Having problem with MultiUser Counter
I am having problems getting a custom counter for multi user to work. I am trying to follow Microsoft's article #210194 - How to create a Mulituser custom counter but am not having any luck. Here is what I have - A table called CounterTable with one field - NextAvailableCounter. This is the primary field, long number. A table called frm3PHPad that has a field called ID - Primary key, long number. For the form, I have the following code set on BeforeUpdate ------------------ Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Function Next_Custom_Counter() On Error GoTo Next...

excell formula needed
Hi, In Excell, I'm trying to match a cell (eg H21,with a num value (eg 2530) to a column of figures (M34:M99) that has one match in it and produce a grading A, B, C, D from a column (N34:N99). Anyone have any ideas? Rob. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =Vlookup(H21,$M$34:$N$99,2,false) Bernard "terrificRob" <terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:terrificRob.uixfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > In Ex...

Select query returns a different result in Access and Access-VBA
Hi! I have the following problem: I have a query (a) using another query (b) to get the amount of records of this other query (b), means: select count(MNR) as Number from Jahrbuch_Einzelversand_Komplett (while Jahrbuch_Einzelversand_Komplett is a query itself) The result of Number is 2446. Running the same query within Access-VBA, means: Dim oRec2 as New Recordset oRec2.Open "select count(MNR) as Number from Jahrbuch_Einzelversand_Komplett", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly returns 2425 as Number. What is the difference? Thanks, Konrad Konra...

MS Access Themes not displaying on some Computers
We have an Access 2003 .mde application deployed across many sites. The application uses the standard Windows themes. We have checked the "Use Windows Themed Controls on Forms." The Themes are working on the majority of computers, but on others it is not. It is the same mde being used on all computers. We checked the C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes and they seem to have the Windows Classic themes. Also the computer is set to use the classic themes. We would appreciate any suggestions on why this is not working. Regards, Robert I wanted to add a comment. ...