Multiply all values by 10

Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how?

Type the 10 in some random cell and copy.  Select your target cells and Edit

"RTimberlake" wrote:

> Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how?
First, make a copy of the workbook in case you make a typo or something,
then put 10 in an empty cell,
copy it, then select all values needed and do edit>paste special and select
multiply

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"RTimberlake" <RTimberlake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how?

0
terre081 (3244)
12/27/2005 7:51:48 PM
in a blank cell, or in a cell on another sheet enter 10, and then copy the
cell.  Then highlight the whole sheet you want to multiply.  Select
Edit-Paste Special and select mulitply.

"RTimberlake" wrote:

> Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how?
0
Sloth (218)
12/27/2005 7:54:09 PM
Thank you. I knew there had to be an easy way to make that work.

"Sloth" wrote:

> in a blank cell, or in a cell on another sheet enter 10, and then copy the
> cell.  Then highlight the whole sheet you want to multiply.  Select
> Edit-Paste Special and select mulitply.
>
> "RTimberlake" wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to multiply all values in my spreadsheet by 10? If so, how?

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Multiplying...
Help! I have some data that I am importing into Excel. I have a range of cells that is 11 rows x 2 columns. What I need to do is simple. I need to multiply each cell in this range by 60 without going in to each one and typing =PRODUCT(60*........). Anybody got any suggestions? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Put 60 in an empty cell, copy it, select the 11 x 2 range and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &quo...

Compare the "varchar" values
I need to compare the student's score with the requirement score. The problem is the score is either a varchar value, i.e., "2" OR is combined by two varchar values, such as "2" and "+" or "-" like "2+". If a student's score is lower then the req score then the student is not qualified. How to compare them in VBA? Thank you in advance for your help. I would force the values to increase or decrease based on the presence of the + and - signs and then compare the numeric values. Using Replace and Eval you could use an exp...

Pivot Table Sort 02-25-10
I'm using week starting and ending dates stored as text as the column headers in my pivot table. They are stored as text, because excel would not accept my desired formatting as a date. The dates look like "2/22/10 - 2/26/10". I realize that they will not sort in chronological order since they are stored as text, so I created an additional column in my data of ascending numbers that I would use to sort the dates, but I can't figure out how to use that column as a field to sort by, since I haven't actually added it into any fields on my pivot table. Any s...

Ignor zero values
This is a form of a common query, but I haven't been able to nail down an answer... I have a simple graph, the data series are formulae calculating data from another source. The catch is, I don't want the graph to plot zero values! Tools>Options>Graphs>Plot Empty Cells does not work because there are formulae in the cells. Suggestions to utilise error symbols don't work because I subsequently reference the data series for further calculations. Any thoughts anyone? (Running Excel 2002 SP3) You can use array formulas (array entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) to stri...

Cann't update the value in table
I use the following SQL to update the QtyOnOrder in table SpareParts, but it cann't. the QtyOnOrder is single type. n=8 tbCSN='8210401002' MySQL = "UPDATE SpareParts SET QtyOnOrder=" & n & " WHERE CSN='" & tbCSN & "';" MyDB.Execute (MySQL) Don't have any error message, How to solve this problem? Thanks Just to make sure: Is [CSN] of Text type or Numeric data type? The SQL syntax looks correct for Text data type ... -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "Dou" <szdouch@163.com> w...

Combining multiple cell values with "hard" carriage return separating each
Hello, I have several values in separate cells that I would like to combine into a single cell with a carriage return (Alt-Enter) separating each value. I basically want to take a column of values and turn it into a text file with the values each on their own line. I learned that Chr(10) is a line feed. (A1 =) 'line one text (A2 =) 'line two text What I want is for A3 to contain: (A3 =) line one text line two ext That is, I want the values of A1 and A2 combined as if I typed them in and separated them with Alt-Enter. I tried a direct formula in the destination cell: ...

Not plotting zero values
I have created a chart with the date as the x axis, running to the end of the year. Each week, as new statistics arrive, I put them into the appropriate cells. The graph plots a subsequent cell that applies a formula to the inserted data. So that others can use this with minimum fuss, I have copied the formula through to the end of the year, and applied an "if" statement so that if the data entry cells are blank, then the formula returns a blank. Nevertheless, the chart applies a zero value to the blank results, meaning the line graph drops to the x axis until the end of th...

does a window or dialog have a return value when closed
I have a dialog that does a search and needs to return the search results to the calling function. Especially if the seach is cancelled or produces no result. When a result is produced, I can handle that by updating a control on the calling form, but unless I have hidden controls on the calling form, I can't return a cancelled or no find result. A return value would be handy if it exists, or can be created Thanks -- Alan Heiser On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 22:40:01 -0700, Alan <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a dialog that does a search and needs t...

auto save excel file every 10 minutes to its original file name
How can I automatically save Excel Workbooks every few minutes to the file name as I could with Office 2000? tools/options/save tab....set autorecover and it's location.....this is all i know on this "MEG" wrote: > How can I automatically save Excel Workbooks every few minutes to the file > name as I could with Office 2000? xl2k (and below) come with an autosave.xla addin. Look under Tools|Addins for autosave. If you don't see it there, you'll have to install it from the distribution CD. After it's installed, you can turn it on via tools|Addins. There...

Multiplying two columns
How do I multiply column A (length) by column B (width)? All I want is a new column C (area) where the cells correspond to what I just multiplied if one were to look from left to right. A x B = C. I can do it for two numbers but not whole columns.... In (eg) C1 =A1*B1 Select C1 Point to bottom right corner until you see the plus Double click To get the sum of all A*B you can use: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A50,B1:B50) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Autobudget values way out
Money 2003 I've been trying to use Autobudget to help create a budget, but the values it's returned are way out and result in a budget that show I'm spending much more than I have been. A closer look at the transactions it's based its figures on shows that it appears to take occasional expenses that have occurred within a given month and create a monthly figure of a similar amount without taking into account the months where there is no spending. This seems unbelievably crude way to calculate budget figures and I'm sure there must be something I'm not taking into acc...

pivot table question
My data table has a 'costs' and 'date' column. I'm interested in getting data from the last 7 days and having it in the field list so that I can use it as part of a formula. Does anyone know how I can do this? Excel 2007 PivotTable Filter last 7 days. http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/12_03_09a.xlsx Great. Thanks so much! ...

How to multiply time?
I'm trying to do a quick and dirty time sheet where all I enter is hours worked and hourly rate. If the hours were whole numbers this would be simple but if someone works 40 hours 28 minutes That would be 40.4666666... I guess one way would be to have the whole numbers in one column and the partials in another and then add them both once I convert the partials from 60th's to 100ths Try this... A1 = total time in [h]:mm format as a true Excel time value B1 = hourly rate =A1*24*B1 You will probably want to round the result to 2 decimal places: =ROUND(A...

Sum values over range of dates
Need Help!!!! Here is the example... If I have a huge table of dates and values for those dates and need to sum based on a given range, how do I sum it up? date 1 date 2 date 3 date 4 date 5 Sate 1 12 7 8 1 1 State 2 10 4 6 2 8 State 3 5 4 2 3 7 start date end date Sum would be??? Sate 1 2 5 17 State 2 1 3 20 State 3 2 4 9 But what is the formula I can use for this??? Please help! You first use a union query to normalize your table/spreadsheet. SELECT State, 1 as TheDate, [Date 1] as TheValue FROM tblOfDates UNION ALL SELECT State, 2, [Date 2] FROM tblOfDates UNION ALL SELECT Sta...

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

excel help 03-08-10
I need help to write this function. In my table I have one column A1:A100, in each row it could have one text, could be "B" or "P", I want to compare from A1 down to A100 if "B" is more than "P" by one then stop the comparation and display a "W" in next column at the row. Thanks Hung Is this what you want: =if(countif(A1:A100,"B")>countif(A1:A100,"P"),"W","") ? Regards, Fred "Hung" <Hung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F1921A4-4729-4D4A-8521-4...

Why does it multiply my 'sum' by 17?
Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then multiplying by 17 for every 'group'. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Love Buzz" wrote: > Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two > numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. > > For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then mul...

Retrieve Picklist Values from caseOrigin
Hi all, Im attempting to retrieve lookup values for "caseorigincode" contained in the incident entity. If someone has a sample of how to do this in Vb.net, it would greatly be appreciated! Thanks, Larry B. ...

Hiding #VALUE!
I have a column with formulas, and when there is no data to calculate I get a #VALUE! I would like to hide #VALUE! Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks Digital2k You might try writing your formulas like =IF(ISERROR(your_formula),"",your_formula) The disadvantage of such an approach it that your_formula will often be calculated twice, resulting in a performance hit. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Digital2k" <digital2k@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:W5OdnenfQ6bvCCfZnZ2...

Trying to determine what cells within a Row have a 0 (zero) value
I'm new to programming and am trying to create code to read a row cells 5 - 24 and determine what cell has a 0 value (The row is always sorted by descending values). So I want to read each cell starting with C5 through the end of the range C24, and stop when it gets the first 0 value. Here is my code so far. I don't get any errors, but it deos not seem to be doing anything. All Help is appreceated! Sub CreateNewSortRange() Dim StartRange As Variant Dim EndRange As Variant Dim EndRangeAdress As Variant Sheets("TestRange").Activate Range("...

Retreive Variable Value from Module
Hello all again, I am trying to retreive a value from a Module variable. The contents of the module are:- Public MySELLERID As Long I know theres something in there because I can get it though a MsgBox, but I would like to output this into a text field on a form. Please, please could someone help before I pull my hair out. Many Thanks Geeves1293 geeves1293 wrote: >I am trying to retreive a value from a Module variable. The contents of the >module are:- > >Public MySELLERID As Long > >I know theres something in there because I can get it though a...

multiplying
if I have two columns A and B. A is filled with numbers that I want to multiply by the same number and have that total fill B. But I want also to be able to change the number and have all the totals update....how? Can't be done (without a lot of programming). This is not how Excel is designed. Spreadsheets have lots of columns. Simply put the result of the multiplication in column C. Regards, Fred. "wineforyou" <wineforyou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBEF9D9-E3E3-407C-A09B-8958152EDCA4@microsoft.com... > if I have two columns A a...

Macro to hide sheets based upon cell value
I need help with 3 macros for hiding sheets: 1) I would like to hide several sheets based upon the value of a cell i.e. A1 within the sheet to possibly be hidden. 2) I need a macro to unhide all hidden sheets. Some sheets are not hidden. 3) I need to hide certain sheets using the name of the sheet. Thanks in advance for your help! Joe M. #1. Dim wks as worksheet for each wks in activesheet.worksheets if lcase(wks.range("a1").value) = lcase("hideme") then wks.visible = xlsheethidden end if next wks #2 Dim wks as worksheet for ea...

Conditional format IF record value = "value"
Hi, I wonder how (assuming it's possible, using expression value) I can use CONDITIONAL format so that it formats a specific field in my report if another field has a specific value? In my case I have invoice number, that I want to format, if a reminder has been sent out (both are field values in same table). Kindly, Mikael Sweden In report design view, select the invoice number text box, and choose Conditional Formatting on the Format menu. Set up Condition 1 to: Expression: [Reminder] = True substituting your field name for Reminder. (This assumes Reminder is a yes/no...