multiply a row by a certain number?

i am having trouble with excel i want to multiply this row by 1.4 and make it
appear next to it if anyone can help thank you

if you mean multiply each item in a column then this will work. Modify to
suit

Sub multiplyall()
For Each c In Range("c7:c10")
c.Offset(, 1) = c * 1.4
Next
End Sub
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
number?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am having trouble with excel i want to multiply this row by 1.4 and make
it
> appear next to it if anyone can help thank you

0
Don
3/7/2005 8:47:11 PM
Copy & paste the data into the next column then, in an empty cell anywhere
in the sheet, enter 1.4 and copy that cell.  Highlight the newly pasted
column and then right click and select Paste Special > Multiply

HTH

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"multiply a row by a certain number?" <multiply a row by a certain
number?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am having trouble with excel i want to multiply this row by 1.4 and make
it
> appear next to it if anyone can help thank you

0
sandymann (252)

Multiplying...
Help! I have some data that I am importing into Excel. I have a range of cells that is 11 rows x 2 columns. What I need to do is simple. I need to multiply each cell in this range by 60 without going in to each one and typing =PRODUCT(60*........). Anybody got any suggestions? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Put 60 in an empty cell, copy it, select the 11 x 2 range and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &quo...

coloured numbers
hi all i have a sheet that consists of 7 coloums and unlimited rows, i need to colour a group of numbers so that when they appear they turn a certain colour. tried to do it in conditional but this only allows me to use 3. any help would be appreiciated. jkf jkf schreef in news:I_tip.193061$up7.104215@newsfe04.ams2 > i have a sheet that consists of 7 coloums and unlimited rows, i need > to colour a group of numbers so that when they appear they turn a > certain colour. tried to do it in conditional but this only allows me > to use 3. any help would be appreiciated. Here&#...

Change row colur
Hello, I have a large spredsheet that I want to make easier to read. In column B you can type in x or a. What I want is that if B15 changes to a the whole row should became grey. This should be the case for the whole sheet. Do anyone know how to do this? BR Mia -- Best regards Mia Look at conditional formatting in excel's help. Sam "Mia" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a large spredsheet that I want to make easier to read. > > In column B you can type in x or a. What I want is that if B15 changes to a > the whole row sho...

Phone number format
When I enter a phone number for a contact, the phone number ends up with just a line under it. Like, if I enter 8074567891 I get 8074567891 underlined. Outlook used to format it to (807)-456-7891, underlined. I don't know what I did, or what something did, but is there a way to define a default format for phone numbers? Appreciate any help. I am using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP, all latest updates from MS applied. Marti Try leaving spaces 807 456 0000 and it should format it. If you don't have the spaces it doesn't recognize it as a phone #. "Marti" wrote: ...

In Excel how can I add 90 every value in a row or column?
Any suggestions? Todd, put 90 in a cell, copy the cell, select the cells you want to add 90 to, edit, paste special, check add OK -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Todd" <Todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E67DCD-A22D-41CC-8BE3-BAF8D92E7654@microsoft.com... > Any suggestions? ...

Hiding a row in CListCtrl
This has been asked on a few different posts, but I hope I can add a different spin to the question. I need to hide a row in CListCtrl rather than delete/insert a row. I realize hiding a row isn't supported, but has anybody successfully simulated a hidden row, such as setting the height of a row to zero? Thanks, Jared jared_hagel@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to hide a row in CListCtrl rather than delete/insert a row. I > realize hiding a row isn't supported, but has anybody successfully > simulated a hidden row, such as setting the height of a row to zero? Why not "sim...

How do I create a cell that is self numbering with Excel
I am trying to create a control form that has three cells that need to be self numbering. These numbers would increase by just one number. I do not want anyone to have to change these numbers but rather the form to do this. Why don’t you write a formula i.e in the cell A3 (=A2+1) and drag it down then protect the column A using the option Tools / Protection …. / Protect Sheet That will not permit any one to change the data in Column A Thanks Maged Elsabagh maged_giza@hotmail.com "cochum" wrote: > I am trying to create a control form that has three cells that need to be...

Multiplying two columns
How do I multiply column A (length) by column B (width)? All I want is a new column C (area) where the cells correspond to what I just multiplied if one were to look from left to right. A x B = C. I can do it for two numbers but not whole columns.... In (eg) C1 =A1*B1 Select C1 Point to bottom right corner until you see the plus Double click To get the sum of all A*B you can use: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A50,B1:B50) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Filter by Row?
I am working with a somewhat convoluted workbook of personnel records. The Personnel are listed by columns and the categories are by row. I=92m having trouble filtering and I believe it is because of the data arrangement. Often I need to filter on different categories. For example =93Position/Title=94 so that I can look at all of a particular type of employee. When filtering is enabled, the selection arrows are only available on the column headings, not the row headings. Is there a way to get around this limitation? Unfortunately I cannot change the orientation of the data. Thanks Rober...

Unique Random Number Generator
I'm looking for a macro that will generate a unique Random number between 1-2000. The random aspect is obviously not the problem, the unique requirement is whats got me stumped. Thanks Tom. What about using RANDBETWEEN function? It is not a macro but it appears to suit your need. RANDBETWEEN(bottom,top) Bottom is the smallest integer RANDBETWEEN will return. Top is the largest integer RANDBETWEEN will return. Example 1 2 3 A B Formula Description (Result) =RANDBETWEEN(1,100) ...

How to multiply time?
I'm trying to do a quick and dirty time sheet where all I enter is hours worked and hourly rate. If the hours were whole numbers this would be simple but if someone works 40 hours 28 minutes That would be 40.4666666... I guess one way would be to have the whole numbers in one column and the partials in another and then add them both once I convert the partials from 60th's to 100ths Try this... A1 = total time in [h]:mm format as a true Excel time value B1 = hourly rate =A1*24*B1 You will probably want to round the result to 2 decimal places: =ROUND(A...

Trying to determine what cells within a Row have a 0 (zero) value
I'm new to programming and am trying to create code to read a row cells 5 - 24 and determine what cell has a 0 value (The row is always sorted by descending values). So I want to read each cell starting with C5 through the end of the range C24, and stop when it gets the first 0 value. Here is my code so far. I don't get any errors, but it deos not seem to be doing anything. All Help is appreceated! Sub CreateNewSortRange() Dim StartRange As Variant Dim EndRange As Variant Dim EndRangeAdress As Variant Sheets("TestRange").Activate Range("...

number appears as #.#####E+14
I have downloaded a csv from my fedex.com account that has tracking numbers for packages, but unfortunately it only displays the number in this format #.#####E+14 It should be a 15 digit number If I click the record, I will see the actual number in the insert function box. How can I get it to show the whole number? It's not a width problem because I've widened the column to accomodate more than 15 char. Change the format: Format|cells|Number tab Number (0 decimal places and no 1000 separator) Rob wrote: > > I have downloaded a csv from my fedex.com account that has tra...

Hyperlink is not updated after inserting rows.
Hi, Suppose I created a hyperlink that points to cell A10. If I insert a new row between rows 9 and 10, my "old" A10 cell now is A11. BUT, my hyperlink still points to A10. Is there any way to make it dinamically, it means, when I insert a new row, all hyperlinks are automatic updated ? .. Thanks. Flavio Hi, Consider using the hyperlink function to create the links: =HYPERLINK("#" & SUBSTITUTE(CELL("address",Sheet2!A4),LEFT (CELL("address",Sheet2!A4),FIND("]",CELL("address",Sheet2! A4))),""),"test") The a...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

building a worksheet row by row
I hope somebody can assist. My worksheet calculates rows of data, which I wish to slide into another worksheet and secure; then change the original data, slide those results under the first. Keep repeating. Is there a way to do this without manually pasting values each time? David Dave "Sliding" rows from one sheet to another would involve the use of VBA. See Ron de Bruin's site for moving/copying rows to next available empty rows. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:04:03 -0800, "DaveButcher" <DaveButcher@discussio...

multiplying
if I have two columns A and B. A is filled with numbers that I want to multiply by the same number and have that total fill B. But I want also to be able to change the number and have all the totals update....how? Can't be done (without a lot of programming). This is not how Excel is designed. Spreadsheets have lots of columns. Simply put the result of the multiplication in column C. Regards, Fred. "wineforyou" <wineforyou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBEF9D9-E3E3-407C-A09B-8958152EDCA4@microsoft.com... > if I have two columns A a...

Number format in queries
Hopefully this is easy. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default number format for number fields to "standard" (or any other format). I'm getting very tired of going into properties all the time to flip the setting so that large numbers are actually readable. Thanks, Tom. "Tom Telford" <TomTelford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058E7F53-4280-4EA4-A80B-C832F4017BC5@microsoft.com... > > Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default number format for > number fields to "standard" (or any other f...

how to find several amounts in a list that add up to a certain total?
Hello everybody! I'm comparing big lists of derlivery notes Is it possible to find cells in a big list that add up to a certain total amount? Lets say I'm looking for a difference of 843.10. Can xls find any combination of cells in a certain column of a big list to come to that total? Any help would be highly appreciated - rgds, Andy ...

Why does it multiply my 'sum' by 17?
Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then multiplying by 17 for every 'group'. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Love Buzz" wrote: > Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two > numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. > > For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then mul...

Multiplier
I'm creating a spreadsheet for work, and I would like to use one multiplier throughtout the entire spreadsheet, instead of having to enter repeatedly putting in the same forumula over and over again.. the cells contain different numbers but the multiplier will always be the same. Enter the multiplier in an unused cell then highlight the range that you want to update and the right-click and select Paste Special, (or select Edit > Paste Special), then select Multiply -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.co...

Formula to auto-assign sequential number
I have a spreadsheet that lists parts and associated quantities. The user will be able to add and delete parts from the list. I am looking for a formula that will automatically assign a “dash number” to the parts. The dash numbers will be in numerical order and skip any part that has a quantity of 0. For example: Original Part Qty Automatically assigned “dash number” 3 1 1 2 0 0 2 3 The user may change the quantities on the list therefore I need to formula that will automatically recalculate the “dash number” based on the users input. For example: Revised Part Qty Automat...

excel dividing all numbers by 10,000
excel 2002 was dividing all numbers by 10000 even though the data type was general. i tried changing the data types but to no avail. it pissed me off enough to go and wipe out the registry settings for excel and the problem was fixed. what i want to know was what happened? this happened on my sister's computer. did she activate some silly formatting? thanks She or someone else did, look under tools>options>edit and uncheck [fixed decimal places] which I assume was set to 4 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Nhat" <nhatle84@aol.com> wrote in message news:2765901c38...

How to assign index number
I need to assign an index number to each record. These index numbers should be in a new column. What can I do? Thanks. Charles Deng In the first row you could put: =ROW() and fill down. If first record is not in row 1, but say, row 5, change it to: =ROW()-4 Now copy the column and go to Edit > Paste Special > Value. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to assign an index number to each record. These >index numbers should be in a new column. What can I do? >Thanks. > > >Charles Deng >. > Hi Jason: I got it. Thank you very m...

How do I enter page numbers such as "Pg # of #"?
I have a workbook that has a list with peripheral data. I have set up everything but I can't seem to get the page numbers to print out the way I've described in the subject field. Hi, Go to page setup, Header/footer, custom footer, the 2nd selection is the page number, choose where to put it, left, center or right "preppypoo" wrote: > I have a workbook that has a list with peripheral data. I have set up > everything but I can't seem to get the page numbers to print out the way I've > described in the subject field. On 3/12/2010 10:29 ...