Multiple SQL Queries on one sheet #2

I am editing the last SQL query on a sheet that has 5 queries on it.
I am adding a column.  Excel is insisting on shifting columns for the
queries above over, leaving blank columns.  I do not have this problem
if I start with a blank sheet and add the queries from scratch.

Anybody know how to turn off this behaviour?

P.S. - Unrelated, but how in the heck do I change the datasource for
an existing query?
0
kevintory (3)

Hi,

Q2.  Goto control panel, administrative tools, datasources

Q1.  I think if you right-click your query cell, select
Data range properties..., and in that box look at the
formatting section; I always have "preserver column..
layout" and "Preserve cell format" only checked; along
with "Overwrite existing cells..." in the bottom section.

Try taking a look at these.

jeff

0
anonymous (74722)
8/20/2004 12:08:04 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  I know how to edit a
datasource - I want to change the query to use a different datasource
- there seems no way to change it.  I created a huge spreadsheet using
one datasoucre name, but the users have a difference datasource name
already defined.  I don't want to redo 75 queries, but I don't want to
set up a new datasource on 75 computers either.

I have tried many different combinations of the datarange properties,
but one spreadsheet page with 5 or 6 queries gives me many problems
when I change the columns in any of them.

"jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<9a3101c486ae$5891fb10$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
> Hi,
>
> Q2.  Goto control panel, administrative tools, datasources
>
> Q1.  I think if you right-click your query cell, select
> Data range properties..., and in that box look at the
> formatting section; I always have "preserver column..
> layout" and "Preserve cell format" only checked; along
> with "Overwrite existing cells..." in the bottom section.
>
> Try taking a look at these.
>
> jeff

0
kevintory (3)

Removing multiple hyperlinks

SQL Standards
Could somebody point me to or, perhaps, could share a sql server application developer guide describing, amongst other things, dos and don'ts of query processing like use of host variable, choosing optimal transaction size, etc... Thanks in advance There is plenty on the web. Sorry for the bother. "RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23$Ax9MG7KHA.3880@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Could somebody point me to or, perhaps, could share a sql server > application developer guide describing, amongst other things, dos and > don'ts of q...

Create a list with multiple criteria

2 lane setup with vital
is anyone using 2 lanes and processing through RMS? i recently started processing with RMS and lane 1 is processing fine but lane 2 gives me a declined. I have added the same info into edc for both the lanes. Do i need to change anything for lane 2 to start processing cards? ...

Charting multiple multiples

a-z sort sheets
is it possible to sort worksheets a - z. i have a workbook with about 40 sheets in it and would like to sort them in a - z order. thx Dale have a look here for a way to do it. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Dale" <daleathome@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:K2qgf.54567$375.5653@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > is it possible to sort worksheets a...

DAP query question
I have a bunch of data access pages set up. Working showing the data for a particular data. I have new plans and need to have a date range choosen by a user on the page itself, then that data to be shown for the entered range. so the query would be a select query summing with the date criteria being between [startdate] and [enddate] problem is how do i either create a calendar control or two drop downs on the page itself that the user can change to view the nessisary data. Im assuming a command button will also be needed. is there a way to pass the values from controls on a dap to the que...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

Date in the query is always short date
I want to capture the LONG date from a query, so I create a parameter for the date (mm ddd yy) . In its properties, it's format is long date, BUT it always shows up the short date. WHY? Dates are stored as decimal number counting days from 12/31/1899 midnight with time as the decimal fraction of a day. Formats are just different ways to display the information. So you got to set the format. In design view of the query click the field of the grid that has the datetime field, right click, scroll down and select Properties. Click 'Format' and then in the pull down...

unable to delete mailbox #2
Hi, I tried to delete an account, but I found its mailbox is still there and I have no way to delete it. I use Exchange 2003 in WIn 2003 server. Please tell me how to delete an account with removing everthing related to this account? I can reboot my server. Thanks in advance. Lisa you wanted to delete the mailbox or the account? when you delete an account in 2003, the mailbox is orphaned/deleted...is there a little red x on the mailbox? "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29EAED62-64DB-4857-BC00-18C3B2040F6A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Pass optional parameters to a method in a Dictionary (C#2.0) ?
Hi, We have some test code where we would want to invoke a method with optional parameters. In C# 4.0, I believe we could use named parameters, but we're using C# 2.0 I found a Dictionary solved my problem, but I'm not sure it's the best pattern for C# 2.0?. Could anyone please comment on whether or not there's a more appropriate pattern? Cheers artie EXAMPLE: public void AddToDatabase(Dictionary<string,object> fields) { string _surname = ""; string _city = ""; int _employeeId; if (fields.ContainsKey("...

Cancel read receipt #2
Third attempt - thanks everyone, but I know how to turn read receipts off (which I've now done). The problem is that I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only, no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is continually trying to send the receipt via the service on which it arrived (and therefore continually failing). As the message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? ...

CPrintDialog question #2
I am using the following code to print a dialog. The problem is that the resulting print is blocked out under the print dialog (data missing that was under the printer selection dialog). void CResultsDlg::OnBnClickedPrint() { CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information // selected from the Print dialog. HDC hdc = dlg.CreatePrinterDC(); ASSERT(hdc); CString strWindowTitle; GetWindowText(strWindowTitle); VERIFY(PrintWindow(m_hWnd,hdc,strWindowTitle)); CDC::FromHandle(hdc)->DeleteDC(); } } What can I do ...

Need help building query
I'm not that familiar to Access and would appreciate some help building the following SQL query. I have two tables, and if two categories match within the tables, then I would like a third category entry updated to the first table. 1st Table: Working 2nd Table: Original Categories (columns) that should match between table 1 and 2: Pt Acct # Charge Cd If the entires for a line match, then update: Lawson # (take from Original table and enter into line for Working table) So, basically if the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in the (Original) table match the (Pt Acct #) AND (Charge Cd) in...

Sending to multiple addresses

Maintenance plan Error in Sql management studio
In the Microsoft sql server management studio when I am trying to plan for maintenance task i am getting following error "cannot show editor for this task. Absolute path information is required. (mscorlib).". Please help me in resolving this issue. I have MSSQL 2005 with SP2 installed and .net framework3.5. I have the exact same problem....

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

How to hide form from grid 2 to 4
I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4. Any help, tip or comment is greatly appreciated, Adnan hi Adnan, Adnan wrote: > I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different > portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, > Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: >...