Multiple Search Criteria/ Index Match

I am using the following formula to retrieve data that matches tw
specific criteria.
=INDEX(C2:C80,MATCH(1,(A2:A80="Liverpool")*(B2:B80="January"),0))
using ctrl,shift, enter to give curly brackets to make it work.

This formula is then repeated in the cell directly below, but searche
for "February", below that "March" and so on.
However when I copy my formula, I have to change the month for eac
cell and therefore have to put in the curly brackets again.
Is there anyway around this

Have a list with the month somewhere else, lets say A1:A12 are January
Feb,.......

Then if you refer the first "January" to A1, when you copy your formul
afterwards it should work.

I hope this helps,

Carlos Lopez

Another option is to adjust your formula based on the row it's on:

=INDEX(C2:C80,MATCH(1,(A2:A80="Liverpool")
                        *(B2:B80=TEXT(DATE(2004,ROW(),1),"mmmm")),0))

If it's the formula is in row 2, then:
	text(date(2004,2,1),"mmmm")  will return February.

But you may want to look at pivottables.  They might make all this moot.
They're pretty easy to use after you invest a little time learning.

If you want to learn more about pivottables, here are a few links.

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/xlconPT101.aspx

"Christine Wilso <" wrote:

> I am using the following formula to retrieve data that matches two
> specific criteria.
> =INDEX(C2:C80,MATCH(1,(A2:A80="Liverpool")*(B2:B80="January"),0))
> using ctrl,shift, enter to give curly brackets to make it work.
>
> This formula is then repeated in the cell directly below, but searches
> for "February", below that "March" and so on.
> However when I copy my formula, I have to change the month for each
> cell and therefore have to put in the curly brackets again.
> Is there anyway around this?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Create a list with multiple criteria

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Charting multiple multiples

Role of baseAddress Parameter in UriTemplate.Match Method
I have been writing some samples with the UriTemplate class. I have noticed that the baseAddress parameter does not have to match the URI scheme in the candidate parameter in order to obtain a non-null UriTemplateMatch on return. If this is the case, what is the role of the baseAddress parameter? Thank you, EagleRed ...

Attempting to display only certain records related to user criteria input
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 records. Each record contains columns of information with one of those columns being age. What would like to do is have the user fill in a cell at the top of the pag and then have only those records meeting that criteria be displayed. For example, "Show records where age exceeds ____". If the user input 34 in the blank, then only those records where the value in the ag column exceeds 34 would be displayed. If the user then changes thei input to 15, then only those records where the value in the age colum exceeds 15 would be displayed. At fi...

Counting dates with specific criteria
Hi, I have a column with various dates, I need some formulae to count different criteria. The criteria are: 1. Dates in the current month. 2. Dates last month. 3. dates in a calender year. 4. Dates in a financial year. Each criteria will be shown in seperate cells on a different worksheet on Excel 2003, also the current month is always the current month as we progress through the year. Thanks in advance, -- Steve Try these... 1. Dates in the current month. =SUMPRODUCT(--(TEXT(A2:A21,"myyyy")=TEXT(NOW(),"myyyy"))) 2. Dates last month. =SUMPRO...

Suppressing Values in Autofilter Criteria List
Hello, I'm not a VBA guy, but I think what I'm trying to do can only get done with some lines of code. Any help would be appreciated. I've a fairly large data set that I'd like to be able to apply advanced filters to. I would like the source table for criteria to update automatically based on values from other criteria entered. For example: Column A could be Region. Column B could be job. Column C could be Salary Grade. I would like, should I choose East Region, for the list of possible jobs to be then updated automatically to exclude any jobs that are ...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Inter-match Issue
From my Sr. Accountant. We are on GP10 SP4. There is a problem with the inter-match in Great Plains. Cost adjustments to vendor invoices in the current month are trying to post to the previous month. It looks like it is trying to tie the cost adjustment to the receipt date. This is a problem because we frequently receive goods in one month but do not receive the invoice until the following month. The cost adjustments need to post in the month the invoice is received. Any suggestions? The system is trying to revalue the inventory and the behavior you are seeing is as designe...

Sending to multiple addresses

INDEX-MATCH with cell text driven names
Hi, I've read through a few posts that are close to what I'm trying to do but i can't get it to work. I'm constructing a fantasy F1 spreadsheet while i'm bored off work sick. Sheetnames in workbook DriverSummary, AUS, MAL, CHN, BHR,.....for each round/country of the season. Each sheet race sheet has a column for car number in called AUSarray, MALarray etc. AUSREF is cell A1 on the race sheets My current formula in the diver summary works well and is shown below. I have N() to return 0 when a race hasn't happened yet so that my sum() works. =N(OFFSET(AUSREF;MATCH($A4;AUS...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

Help does not allow entry in Answer Wizard or Index tab #3
Hello -- I am using Office 2000 Pro; Excel version is 9.0.6976 SP-3.. If I click a word in VBA, Help displays a help screen about it. However, the top menu bar says "Microsoft Access Help". I have Access on the machine. And, if I click the Answer Wizard or Index tab, the shape of the cursor in any field changes to a horizontal, double-ended arrow. Can anyone tell he how to solve this problem? Thanks for any help. L Mehl --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.572 / Virus Database: 362 - Release Da...

Combine multiple tables into one

Multiple domains #6

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...