Multiple print areas

Hi

I need some help of printing if possible.

I currently have a worksheet whcih contains a page of
graphs and then underneath a page of data.  The layout of
the graphs and data is such that the data occupies more
columns & rows than the graphs, but when I print them both
out, I need them both to be the maximum size on the page.

At the moment, the only way I can do this is to set the
page setup properties to "fit to 1 wide and 1 tall", and
then manually set the print area of the graphs and the
print, then set the print area for the data and then print.

What I am after is a way of settig the sheet to have
multiple print areas, so that when I press print, it
automatically sets the areas of the graphs and data, and
ignores the miscellaneous workings elsewhere on the
spreadsheet.  I know how to do this by recording a macro of
me doing this manually, and then initiating this via a
button, but I dont like doing it this way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dave
0
dave.rey (6)

You can put an automatic macro in the Beforeprint event in the ThisWorkbook
module.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Dave" <dave.rey@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need some help of printing if possible.
>
> I currently have a worksheet whcih contains a page of
> graphs and then underneath a page of data.  The layout of
> the graphs and data is such that the data occupies more
> columns & rows than the graphs, but when I print them both
> out, I need them both to be the maximum size on the page.
>
> At the moment, the only way I can do this is to set the
> page setup properties to "fit to 1 wide and 1 tall", and
> then manually set the print area of the graphs and the
> print, then set the print area for the data and then print.
>
> What I am after is a way of settig the sheet to have
> multiple print areas, so that when I press print, it
> automatically sets the areas of the graphs and data, and
> ignores the miscellaneous workings elsewhere on the
> spreadsheet.  I know how to do this by recording a macro of
> me doing this manually, and then initiating this via a
> button, but I dont like doing it this way.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

0
Don

In Publisher 2007, why is my print preview in grayscale?
Are you using a color printer? Are you using a commercial setting? In print preview there is an icon you can toggle for color or black & white printing, is it active? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dedwards" <dedwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1EA1A6-66DE-4C4B-A8BE-AC7B34FAEE86@microsoft.com... > Do you have an HP printer? I also ran into that and have reported the bug to Microsoft. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "dedwards" <dedward...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Print 2 copies per page
I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of two. What am I doing wrong. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:24:02 +0100, Laurie wrote (in article <C2A6746C-8F2C-4884-ABE1-5838926874E9@microsoft.com>): > I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X > 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of > two. What am I doing wrong. What is this - a stupidity epidemic? A question ends in a '?' not a full stop. This...

distributing data into multiple cells

Print Preview only shows in Grey Scale
Hi There, I just got finished creating my letter head in MS Publisher 2003 and when I went to preview it using Print Preview it only shows in Grey Scale. How do I view it in color? Thanks! Does it print in color? Do your other publications show color in print preview? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6dd401c42f4f$73c41a50$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi There, > > I just got finished creating my letter hea...

Outlook 2007/2010 Printing Issues
A general question to pick the brains of any Office gurus out there, mainly to assess whether or not these requests are at all achievable. I have a handful of users that do not want to migrate from Outlook 2003 because of the way the calendar is printed and their refusal of change. The main issues are as follows: - Need to combine Saturday and Sunday into one column, as it does in 2003, but has not been achievable in 2007 or 2010 that I've seen. Have tried third party apps to no avail. - Each day needs to be able to hold a multitude of appointments. An example I am lookin...

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

print out messages with list of attachments
Hello there, when printing out a message/email in full, how do I get outlook t print the list of attachments? Cheers, Wi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com found it in the newsgroups :-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821840 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

in publisher 2003, how do you change the margins for printing
You setup your Publication margins in the arrange menu. Read your printer's documentation for margin limitations. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jjshirley" <jjshirley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5495B90C-D8E8-4362-B69A-94A6F6BE3DD4@microsoft.com... > ...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...

No printing excel file
Can anyone help how to make a ms-excel file non printable. The file is shared between several users, but they must be able to print the file. How can I do that. Many thanks for your reply and help Kind Regards, Brylin Do you want to make the file printable or not? "Brylin" <Bry_lin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:115401c49990$4eac6dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Can anyone help how to make a ms-excel file non printable. : The file is shared between several users, but they must be : able to print the file. : How can I do that. : Many thanks for your reply and help : : Kind Reg...