multi-column data consolidation

Hi guys, here is my problem....

Scenario:

- Column A to F are months (Jan to June)
- Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b
entered.

Question:

How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum
database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet?
will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul
update the database.

Thank you for any assistance/help

Question is not clear to me.
Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries
Perhaps, in G2 enter =A2&B2&C2 and copy down to row 1000
If numbers, to sum EVERYTHING use =SUM(A:A, B:B, C:C)

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"pronto >" <<pronto.1bplb2@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys, here is my problem....
>
> Scenario:
>
> - Column A to F are months (Jan to June)
> - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will be
> entered.
>
> Question:
>
> How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single column
> database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? I
> will be adding data every so often under these months and it should
> update the database.
>
> Thank you for any assistance/help.
>

> ---

bliengme5824 (3040)
8/28/2004 5:50:22 PM
Sorry, if i wasnt clear.

Please see attached file so it would give more clarity.

Hope this would make more sense

                 Attachment filename: excel.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=66287

currently this piece works for a range of cells from A2 to C4. th
values are added in column F from F2 onwards. it is assumed that th
first row will contain header information. put this piece in th
particular sheet's code module. there is one glitch, if you enter
value in on of the cells in A2:C4, as soon as you tab out, it will b
added in column F. however, if you go back and delete it, it will stil
show up there AND the new value will also show up there. i have not bee
able to find a way to counter that.

Option Explicit

Dim rngDB As Range
Dim rngCell As Range
Dim i As Integer
Dim flag As Boolean

If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
If Intersect(Target, Range("A2:C4")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub

i = Sheet1.Range("f1").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count

If i < 2 Then

Sheet1.Range("f2").Value = Sheet1.Range("a2").Value
Exit Sub

End If

Set rngDB = Range("f2:f" & i)

For Each rngCell In rngDB

If Target.Value = rngCell.Value Then

flag = False
Exit For

Else

flag = True

End If

Next rngCell

If flag = True Then

Range("f1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Value = Target.Value

End If

End Su

copmare cotents of two columns and return dissimilar values
Hi All, I want to compare the contents of column A with Coulmn B and to get dissimilar values. I will be thankful for your kind information. In cell C1 enter =if(A1=B1,"","dissimilar") and copy down -- Gary's Student "Shaukat Hussain" wrote: > Hi All, > > I want to compare the contents of column A with Coulmn B and to get > dissimilar values. > I will be thankful for your kind information. ...

Recovering data
I have been working on a certain document for quite some time now, and the other day I accidentally saved over it. Is there ANY way to find that document? I really need help. ...

making a column with working hyperlinks?
I was wondering if there is a setting to make it so the hyperlinks in a column would be real hyperlinks and not just text? I looked at formatting and did not see anything there. -- Robert Anderson Hi there, Ctrl + K will bring up the Insert Hyperlink dialog box. You can navigate there by going to the Insert (menu) | Hyperlink. Or you can make use of the HYPERLINK function. An example would look like this .. =HYPERLINK("http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/","MyWebSite.com") -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Robert Anderson" <nospam@nospamn...

Outlook Data Files being automatically created
Hello, I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they eventually come back without any user creation. This is Outlook 2002, and on an Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas on how to stop this? He is the only one with this issue in an environment with over 100 users. Thanks, Jeff Jeff <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a user who has about 7 PST's and only created 1. We > have been able to delete the other 6 in the past, but they > eventually come back without any user creation. ...

multi-column data consolidation
Hi guys, here is my problem.... Scenario: - Column A to F are months (Jan to June) - Beneath each month (starting row 2 downwards), text data will b entered. Question: How can I have the six months add up or compiled as a single colum database in another sheet or a separate column in that same sheet? will be adding data every so often under these months and it shoul update the database. Thank you for any assistance/help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Question is not clear to me. Not sure what 'add up or compile' means with text entries Perhaps, in G2 enter =...

data validation in the form
Hi, I would like to perform data validation before the insertion of a new record into the table in Access database. So in the form, i have a few fields that need to be checked to see if they are empty or entered. I have the following codes in the event of "Form_BeforeUpdate" Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim mesg, Title As String 'Check if all the required fields are entered If Me.Stud_ID <> "" Then If Me.Department_ID <> "" Then 'warning message mesg = &quo...

Extracting data from Pivot
i am struggling to find an easy way to get all the orders containing ONLY product A and B. Here is the kind of spreadsheet i have: Column A Column B Column C Order# Product Quantity 00001 A 3 00001 B 4 00001 C 5 00002 A 1 00003 B 3 00003 C 1 00004 A 3 00004 B 4 00004 C 4 I want to get just the orders that contain product A and B (basically 00001 and 00004). Can't do it with m...

Print reports only where records contain data.
I have a database that contains information on students the subjects they take and grades are recorded at different times during the year. The database contains tables named tblOption1, tblOption2, tblOption3 and tblOption4 these tables store information about the students options they have selected however some of these are left blank. I have created a report that shows and prints information from all 4 tables even if there is no data in them. I would like to know if it is possible how to print only those records on the report with information in. Example if a student takes 4 options the ...

can't access one column
Hi, A friend of mine works for an electric company and they sent him an excel file that is used for maintenance scheduling. He is unable to access one column and is frustrated, etc. So he emailed me the file. I can access it. He put it on a floppy and tried it on a co-workers computer, and she could access it. So I saved it as an excel 98 file and sent it back thinking an older version might work, but it didn't. By not being able to access the column I mean, when he clicks on a cell nothing happens for him, when I click on the cell the courser appears and I can enter data. TIA f...

Data markers in a stacked chart will not sit side by side by month
How can I get the monthly columns (ie: July Actual & July Budget) in a stacked chart to sit side by side with a space before the next month (August Actual & August Budget) and so on for each month. Do you want to unstack the chart to convert it to a clustered chart? Chart menu > Chart Type > select a clustered column subtype that you like. Are you trying to cluster stacks of columns? Here are some links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Migrating data from SalesLogix to MSCRM?
Hi There, Has any one done migrating of data from SalesLogix to MSCRM? We are using Scribe to migrate data, but Scribe has to us that making use of Scribe adaptor would not make much difference since our version of SalesLogix is 5.x. So we are connecting to SaleLogix database using ODBC which is fine. We just want to know any one has been through this experience and give us some helpful information. In particular how we could bring across activites from SalesLogix to MSCRM, since we have limited knowledge of SalesLogix data structure. Regards, Kyaw The SLX data structure is reall...

Combo box to define what column to order by my subform
Hi. In my form I want to creat a combo box to allow the way that I want to order my sub form. the combo will have the options: - Process no. - Employee number - Name - Date I want, that my subform will be sort/order brom the opionthat I'll choose on the combobox. there's an option on subform that is order by, but I can't reach it from the code. I tried: Me.[48_form_Visualiza_Processos subform].Form.OrderBy me.combosort.value but it say's "invalid use of property". How can I solve my problem? regards, Marco Assign the value of the combo to the OrderBy p...

Great Plains data reference
Good morning everyone, I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination of what is in the Dynamics tables as well as a field by field explanation as to what it is. What is available in Dynamics is minimal at best and I spend more time exploring the tables to figure out what is in them Any guidance is appreciated! Try searching for Accolade Publications. -- Charles Allen, MVP "ericjcartman" wrote: > Good morning everyone, > > I am looking for a document / reference where I can find a good explaination > of what is in the Dynamics ...

Square-box character in data import
Hi, I've got a puzzling one. When importing a data file into Excel I see a square-box character at the end of each line. I've tried copying/cutting one of these characters to paste into the search/replace dialog, but nothing pastes and so I can't get rid of it. What do I do? I've got 9000 records, each with a multi-line entry for a mailing address in Column C and each of those lines (apart from the last for each record's mailing address) has this unwanted character. It's obviously the CrLf character created when I press the keyboard's Enter key... The original file...

Multi profile
I have configured outlook 2007 to use multi profiles. When I close the outloop and re-open to select other profile the profiles select list is not prompted. I have set for prompt for profile. But I observed this, after closing outlook still the task manager shows Outlook.exe is runing..when I kill that and re-open I can see the profiles and select particular. Now my question, why Outlook is runnning though its closed. My setting "Hide when minimized" is already OFF. thanks Hi abcd, have a look in the "Task Manager" under "Process" if Outlook.exe is stil...

Column Headings, Fixing In-Place
I use Excel 2007 and I'm a novice. I created a listing of my community including column headings (i.e. Name, Address, etc). The problem I'm experiencing is that when I add a new name at the very bottom of the listing (the listing is nearly 3 pages long) and then have Excel sort the names to but the new name in its proper alphabetical place, the process "bumps" the column headings on the proceeding pages and the column headings are no longer in their proper locations. Is there a way I can "fix" column headings so that they always appear at the top of each p...

count number of column's with Yes IF column A is a 1
Hello All I hope you can help. I have very limited knowledge of excel so treat me as an idiot please.... This is my table so far: 1 yes no yes no 2 No Yes No Yes 2 yes no yes no 2 No No No No 3 No Yes No No 1 yes no yes no 1 Yes 0 0 0 5 Yes No 0 No 2 yes no yes no 1 0 0 0 0 3 Yes No No No 4 yes no yes no 5 yes no yes no I want a formula that will give me the PERCENTAGE of yes's in a particular row IF column A is a 1. Many thanks STeve Maybe... =if(a1<>1,"not 1!",countif(b...

Excel addition of column
Please help, I have a very long list of figures for which I need a total. They have been listed without 'thousand separator'. Now I cannot format the cells to have the 'thousand separator' and neither Autosum or Formula for addition will not work. -- Cheers It sounds like probably your "numbers" are actually TEXT formatted. There are several methods to make the conversion back to numbers, sometimes one works where the others won't.....dunno why. Try typing a 1 in an unused cell, then clicking on it and oing COPY, then clicking on your column of data an...

FRx
Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from excel/doc file? Thanks in Advance, Arun. You can't "import" data but you can include data from a spreadsheet in an FRx report. See Chapter 4 of the FRx Report Designer User's Guide. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Arun" wrote: > Is there any way to import values to a column of FRx 6.7 report from > excel/doc file? > > Thanks in Advance, > Arun. ...

sharing data
i have both the 97 version and the 2000 version on various computer stations. i need to keep updating both versions, i enter the data on the 2000 version, and cannot update the 97 version...or vice versa. ive tried to export the data as well, and get an "inncorrect path" message. where can i read up on this? francine ...

Creating a Data Analysis view with Custom field and EPM Timesheet
My goal is to generate a report using timesheet data that summarizes totals by a custom task field. I had created a custom enterprise field at the task level that contains a text code. These codes are used throughout various projects. I know that there is no out of the box solution and that this data is not in the EPM Timesheet cube. I currently have a way of using SQL queries to join the Task information to the custom field (thanks Rod!) and export standard data out to an excel spreadsheet. But, it is not a great solution since it requires an intermediary to run any type...

Sort a Column
Hi, This feels like one of those things that is probably really easy but my VBA obviously isn't up to the job :-( On sheet "A" I have a column containing a list of names. On sheet "B" I have the same list of names (not necessarily in the same order) on a different sheet in the same workbook that has a load of other data associated with it. What I would like to do is sort the list on sheets A by the date of birth data field associated with those names on sheet B. Suggestions on what the code might look like would be appreciated. TIA Dave Yo...

different column width
Hi, I need to create a report with 4 columns, where the first column (with labels) to be 4,5cm and the other 3 to be 4cm. Is there a way to do that? On page setup under the "columns" there is no such an option Thanks Christina Christina wrote: >I need to create a report with 4 columns, where the first column (with >labels) to be 4,5cm and the other 3 to be 4cm. > >Is there a way to do that? >On page setup under the "columns" there is no such an option I have not been able to find a way to have two different column widths. I doubt that it will help ...

Text data -- linking Excel sheets
Say if I am surveying 10 people and am asking 5 questions of each and those questions have a text answer (i.e. a sentence or phrase). 1. In Excel 2000, can a master sheet be created listing the text answers to Question 1 from the Excel sheets of the 10 different people? I know this is done with numeric data but I need to know for text. 2. If Excel 2000 can't, how about 2007? Yes, you can reference text cells in other sheets (like sheet1!B2) just like you can reference numeric cells. "MM" wrote: > Say if I am surveying 10 people and am asking 5 questions...

Merging/Eliminating Redundant Columns
Hello, I am creating a query from several different tables containing housing data. My final goal is to create one query that contains a single column with the "housing ID number" along with all of the other housing information in each row (address, owner, management...) Due to poor data management, this "housing ID number" is missing from several of my tables. By running a series of queries from all these different tables, a have a datasheet that has three columns with ID numbers. Some rows have all the data, some do not. As an example of my columns: ID1 ID2...