Mulitple Listing of items within the single mail merge letter

Column A of my spreadsheet has the addressee's name. Column F has the 
activity numbers that each addressee is resopnsible for. I want to create one 
letter to each addressee - "Dear <<column A>>" and then list all the 
addressee's activities from column F in the body of the letter "Activity 
Numbers: <<Activity Number - Row 1>>, <<Activity Number- Row 2>>" etc.

Anyway that you can assist me? 

Cheers
-- 
Chippa
0
Utf
12/21/2009 4:25:01 AM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

5 Replies
991 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 15

Hi Chippa,

Need some clarification of exactly what you want.

Am I correct when you say a letter you mean a Word document?

Are you looking for macro code to do this? (I don't think there is any other 
way). If so, do you know how to copy and install the macro or do you need 
instructions on how to do so?

What version of Excel and Word are you using?

Is the addressee's name repeated in column A for the number of rows that 
hold activities or are the in-between addressee's rows blank?

Do you intend having a template for the entire letter and just have the 
excel data inserted so that the documents are all created and printed 
automatically or do you want to edit each document after the addressee and 
activities are inserted? If the latter, you would need to click a button 
after each document is completed to start the next document.

Do you want the documents automatically saved? If so, can they be saved with 
the addressee's name as the file name?


-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


0
Utf
12/21/2009 5:20:01 AM
Ossie Mac,
"No", it's not actually a letter - I am actually wanting to email the 
addresseea, but can input the email address individually, and "No", I have no 
idea about macros for emailing off lists!!.
"No", I don't know how to copy and install the macro.
I am using Excel 2003.
"Yes", the Addressee's name full all rows which have activities assigned to 
that addressee.
As per first stament, I am looking to send emails with tht body of text 
incorporating the merged fields; and in resposne to the last question, "No", 
I wouldne't need a saved copy as file as they will go out as emails.
Thanks for your help and quick response...
Cheers
Chippa....

-- 
Chippa


"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi Chippa,
> 
> Need some clarification of exactly what you want.
> 
> Am I correct when you say a letter you mean a Word document?
> 
> Are you looking for macro code to do this? (I don't think there is any other 
> way). If so, do you know how to copy and install the macro or do you need 
> instructions on how to do so?
> 
> What version of Excel and Word are you using?
> 
> Is the addressee's name repeated in column A for the number of rows that 
> hold activities or are the in-between addressee's rows blank?
> 
> Do you intend having a template for the entire letter and just have the 
> excel data inserted so that the documents are all created and printed 
> automatically or do you want to edit each document after the addressee and 
> activities are inserted? If the latter, you would need to click a button 
> after each document is completed to start the next document.
> 
> Do you want the documents automatically saved? If so, can they be saved with 
> the addressee's name as the file name?
> 
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> 
> OssieMac
> 
> 
0
Utf
12/21/2009 6:19:01 AM
Hi again Chippa,

You say "can input the email address individually". Therefore I am still 
unsure what you really want help with. You should be able to simply copy the 
block of data from excel and paste it into your email.

-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


"Chippa" wrote:

> Ossie Mac,
> "No", it's not actually a letter - I am actually wanting to email the 
> addresseea, but can input the email address individually, and "No", I have no 
> idea about macros for emailing off lists!!.
> "No", I don't know how to copy and install the macro.
> I am using Excel 2003.
> "Yes", the Addressee's name full all rows which have activities assigned to 
> that addressee.
> As per first stament, I am looking to send emails with tht body of text 
> incorporating the merged fields; and in resposne to the last question, "No", 
> I wouldne't need a saved copy as file as they will go out as emails.
> Thanks for your help and quick response...
> Cheers
> Chippa....
> 
> -- 
> Chippa
> 
> 
> "OssieMac" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Chippa,
> > 
> > Need some clarification of exactly what you want.
> > 
> > Am I correct when you say a letter you mean a Word document?
> > 
> > Are you looking for macro code to do this? (I don't think there is any other 
> > way). If so, do you know how to copy and install the macro or do you need 
> > instructions on how to do so?
> > 
> > What version of Excel and Word are you using?
> > 
> > Is the addressee's name repeated in column A for the number of rows that 
> > hold activities or are the in-between addressee's rows blank?
> > 
> > Do you intend having a template for the entire letter and just have the 
> > excel data inserted so that the documents are all created and printed 
> > automatically or do you want to edit each document after the addressee and 
> > activities are inserted? If the latter, you would need to click a button 
> > after each document is completed to start the next document.
> > 
> > Do you want the documents automatically saved? If so, can they be saved with 
> > the addressee's name as the file name?
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Regards,
> > 
> > OssieMac
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
12/21/2009 7:12:01 AM
Ossie,
I have 170 email addressees. I need to advise each of them the items that 
require their attention - adderssees and items are in an Excel file - where 
column A is the addressee and column I is the list of numbers that requires 
the attenion of each addressee. e.g an addressee might have 8 items that need 
attention, so the email would be to the one addressee, and the body of the 
email would list the 8 items that need attention. I would be over the moon if 
it was possible to addreess emails as well as including the lsit of items 
that requires the addressee's attention, in the body of the email... 

Hope this clarifies
Chippa
-- 
Chippa


"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi again Chippa,
> 
> You say "can input the email address individually". Therefore I am still 
> unsure what you really want help with. You should be able to simply copy the 
> block of data from excel and paste it into your email.
> 
> -- 
> Regards,
> 
> OssieMac
> 
> 
> "Chippa" wrote:
> 
> > Ossie Mac,
> > "No", it's not actually a letter - I am actually wanting to email the 
> > addresseea, but can input the email address individually, and "No", I have no 
> > idea about macros for emailing off lists!!.
> > "No", I don't know how to copy and install the macro.
> > I am using Excel 2003.
> > "Yes", the Addressee's name full all rows which have activities assigned to 
> > that addressee.
> > As per first stament, I am looking to send emails with tht body of text 
> > incorporating the merged fields; and in resposne to the last question, "No", 
> > I wouldne't need a saved copy as file as they will go out as emails.
> > Thanks for your help and quick response...
> > Cheers
> > Chippa....
> > 
> > -- 
> > Chippa
> > 
> > 
> > "OssieMac" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Chippa,
> > > 
> > > Need some clarification of exactly what you want.
> > > 
> > > Am I correct when you say a letter you mean a Word document?
> > > 
> > > Are you looking for macro code to do this? (I don't think there is any other 
> > > way). If so, do you know how to copy and install the macro or do you need 
> > > instructions on how to do so?
> > > 
> > > What version of Excel and Word are you using?
> > > 
> > > Is the addressee's name repeated in column A for the number of rows that 
> > > hold activities or are the in-between addressee's rows blank?
> > > 
> > > Do you intend having a template for the entire letter and just have the 
> > > excel data inserted so that the documents are all created and printed 
> > > automatically or do you want to edit each document after the addressee and 
> > > activities are inserted? If the latter, you would need to click a button 
> > > after each document is completed to start the next document.
> > > 
> > > Do you want the documents automatically saved? If so, can they be saved with 
> > > the addressee's name as the file name?
> > > 
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Regards,
> > > 
> > > OssieMac
> > > 
> > > 
0
Utf
12/22/2009 1:22:01 AM
OK Chippa. I can do this as an Excel macro. I can give you step by step 
instructions for installing the macro; it is not difficult.

Can only do using Outlook as your email program (not possible with Outlook 
Express). If you are not already using Outlook as your email program then you 
will need to set it up. Will that be a problem? If that is not possible then 
there is no point in my going any further with it.

The addresses in column A. What format are they in? Are they names that 
match the names in your email address book or are they actual email addresses?

If I write the macro, you will have to remain with the computer and 
authorize the sending of every one of the emails. Reason for this is Windows 
security to ensure that programs are not sending emails without your 
knowledge. There is no way that I know of to bypass this security.

Let me know if the above is what you would like.

-- 
Regards,

OssieMac


0
Utf
12/22/2009 6:52:02 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Plot trend of inventory values for mulitple branches
I need to plot the trend of core inventory values for 87 branches over time, but haven't enough experience with Excel's charting feature to do this correctly. I am using MS Excel 2003 SP3. Can someone explain the best way to begin. I have compiled the data and it is ready for graphing. I have tried to use the feature, but I do not know how to get all the data into the graph because of the three types of data - time range, inventory values, individual branches. I need all three types of data included for comparison. ...

remove e-mail addresses from public folders
Want to remove e-mail addresses from thousands of public folders, but can't see where 2k3 will allow me to remove even one (last one). Need to preserve mail storage. Can't see where policy will let me apply anything based on public folder tree structure either, e.g. one top level public folder and all subfolders, remove e-mail addresses. Tired of spammers sending to my public folders, which since I don't allow annonymous writes, bounce messages, creating 2x the wasted mail flow- or even worse since the spam can't be returned to sender either (fake "from" addre...

>> MAIl
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable >> MAIl - LIST << INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Business MULTI KLICK HERE: >> www.lux-life.de.vu << >> www.job-dich-reich.de.vu << >> www.luxcash.de.vu << >> www.konto-geld.de.vu << ************************************************************* ------=_NextPart_000_025E_01C5B105.01F121A0 Content-Type: te...

use of non inventory item for discounting
I have used non-inventory items for discounting purposes, but am not sure if i am doing it properly! I usually have all the items in one department called offers - but then i accumulate a big negative amount for that department, and am over-stating my sales for the other departments. I got around that by putting the item in the department that the discount related to, but that only works for item specific discounts... if i have a coupon worth -�10 and people can spend that on anything they want, then how would people usually deal with that? any feedback on this would be great! Ta! ...

list box question
Can I populate my list box with the files named in a sub-directory on my hard drive, and if yes, when I click on one of these file names can I open the file programmatically directly from the on click event of the listbox? Thanks for your help Joanne Joanne, Populate the listbox and show the userform: Sub GetFiles() Dim myArray() As String With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "C:\Excel" .FileName = "*.xls" If .Execute() > 0 Then ReDim myArray(0 to .FoundFiles.Count - 1) For i = 0 To .FoundFiles.Count - 1 myArray(i) = .Foun...

Ooh .. Linking a list to a list to an output cell
I have a single cell in which i enter the price of a home. Elsewhere, I have two columns of ten items each: one column is formulated to give relative prices based on the price entered in the single cell, and the column adjacent to this column describes these numbers in nominal terms (i.e. ten items in increments of five percent: "25% more" .. " 0% change" .. "25% less"). Further along, I have a list box created which uses the nominal column at the Source for the list. I would like to have a cell adjacent to the list box cell which will give the price b...

Item backorders on Inventory Transfer to Site
Hi all, Is there any way to leave a qty on "backorder" on an Inventory Transfer ? For example, we want to transfer 10 of item ABC to another site. The main site only has 4 right now. How do we have the system track that the other site still requires an additional 6 units of that item, and when the main site receives more of item ABC, it should flag that the other site still requires them. We will be using the order points to give us suggested levels, but there are times when we require more, and want the system to track that ? Any ideas.... Thanks, Chris B. ...

Columned Program Listing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050802080609040705060607 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Am I dreaming. I recall there way a way to tell WinXP to display program names in columnar format when one clicks START/All Programs. Anyone recall how to do this?? Thx --------------050802080609040705060607 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta...

E-Mail Addresses in Cells
Using Excel 2000, is there a way to take one or more e- mail addresses, which have been entered as data within cells, and automatically use them to address a new e-mail, without having to copy and paste? Thanks, LPS Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LPS wrote: > Using Excel 2000, is there a way to take one or more e- > mail addresses, which have been entered as data within > cells, and automatically use them to address a new e-mail, > without having to copy and paste? > > Thanks, > LPS ...

Naming sheets with a list from another workbook;alphebetizing sheets
How do I alphabetize the sheets in a workbook. Also, can I use a list from one workbook quickly create another workbook with the list as the sheet names. TIA Please don't multipost. Changing the subject title but not the content and then posting to different groups tends to get a few people hot under the collar, as it will fragment replies. Take a look at the response in worksheet.functions that I gave you. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP -------------------------------------------...

Distribution Lists within Outlook
Is there a cap on how many contacts you can have in a distribution list? I have about 250 and it won't let me save anymore. It displays a message stating that it has been moved or deleted. I tried moving it to a personal folder then back and it still won't work. Any suggestions? Thanks. The only information I could find on limitations of Distribution Lists was for Outlook 2000, her is a link to articles that talk about it, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;238569. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/...

Mail rounting
Currently running Exchange 20000 in SBS 2000. Currently Exchange is pulling mail from a Global External POP account @domain.com using the built in POP3 connector. When mail is sent from user1@domain.com to user2@domain.com internally the mail doesn't leave the internal network being that the addresses are part of the internal network. The question is how do you configure Exchange to route mail to an external address external@domain.com and bypass trying to locate user 'external' Thanks in advance, Michael Michael- You need to create a mail enabled contact in your Active D...

Remove old server from server list
Hi, I did an upgrade from Exch 5.5 to 2003. Then oops, I didn't remove the server from the exchange servers list before I took it off the network (permanently... formatted and such.) Anyway, I can't get the server off of the server list in my Administrative Group. I keep getting RPC errors because it's trying to connect to the dead server. Any ideas? Thanks, Big Dave :) "Big Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I did an upgrade from Exch 5.5 to 2003. Then oops, I >didn't remove the server from the exchange servers list >befor...

populating mulitple worksheets
I have a book that has 4 sheets in it. Master, DEAD, WON, PENDING. In the master sheet there is a list of sales opportunites, and as the name sugests its a master list regardless of status. There is one column named status that would be DEAD WON, or PENDING. (you might guess where i am going with this) I would like after populating the master file the correct sheet to be automatically populated based on the status. Or is a status changes then auto populate the correct sheet and delete from the sheet it no longer fits into. I'm sure there is some sort of macro but I can't figure it out...

did backup, reformatted lost all e-mail
Hello I did a backup through the windows backup utility. I saw all my outlook folders pass by. the backup file is 5.63 gigs. I have my hard drive partitioned. I reformatted my hard drive C I left my data drive D alone. When I set up windows I gave my account a different name. Family instead of valued customer (the old name.) I installed outlook on D this time instead of C. I did the restore for the back up to put my settings on D hoping the outlook program would take it. When I clicked on outlook.exe it acted like a new program. I uninstalled outlook from D and installed in on C. I...

Update Financial Instition list
My financial instituion is listed as available from the MS web site. The financial instition states that it works with Money. I have run the "update" function from within Money... The instition still does not show up in the available lists. Any Ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >My financial instituion is listed as available from the >MS web site. The financial instition states that it >works with Money. I have run the "update" function from >within Money... The instition still does not show up in >the available lists. Who is you...

Need a macro to create Geographic Listing of US States and Countries...
Hi, I'm back with another macro mail merge challenge. I use Microsoft Word 97 on a Windows/NT machine. I need to perform a Catalogue mail merge using an Excel spread sheet as the data. The resulting Word merge document needs to yield a Geographical listing containing a group of names sorted in Alphabetical order by last name. Each spreadsheet entry contains a firstname, lastname, city, state, zip and country field. The problems are, the states are abbreviated and I need them spelled out as follows: AK = Arkansas, CT=Connecticut, OH=Ohio, and VA=Virginia. I also need to group all the n...

Clearing Folder List?
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. How do I clear the items that were opend under File--Open-Others User Folder --- "Username" Thank you very much for your help. Kent I don't have a complete answer for you because I don't have an Outlook 2000 machine to locate the correct registry key but that data is stored in a Most Recently Used (MRU) list. If you can locate the registry key that contains the MRU for Open -> Other User's Folder then you could delete it to clear the fields. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- BizApps Microsoft Technical Support for Plat...

E-mail text in Notepad attachments
Hello, I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP version 2002. Why are some e-mails coming through with only partial text in the e-mail body, and the rest of the text parsed out in several Notepad attachments? How do I change this? Incidentally, if I receive the same e-mail forwarded on from another recipient, all the text shows up in the body of the e-mail and there are no Notepad attachments. Thanks for your help Kate <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, I'm using Office 2007 with Windows XP version 2002. > > Why are some e-mails coming through with o...

Great Plains Integration Manager --Create 1 invoice with mulitple items
How do you get integration manager to creat one invoice with multiple items. Kourosh ...

graph by month/year a count of a list of dates
I have a list of full dates (mm/dd/yyyy) that I want to graph to show how many dates in the list are within a specific mmm/yyyy. e.g., if the list include dates of 12/2/2010 and 12/15/2010, the graph will show "2" for " Dec 2010". The chart is looking at the full date and I cannot figure out how to reduce it to just a month/year level to chart. ...

Recent Files List Missing
I am using XP Professional and Office 2003 My recent files listing is missing. When I go to Tools, Options, General the box is grayed out. How do I activate this option maybe... OFFXP: "Most Recently Used" List Missing from File Menu and "Recently Used File List" Option Unavailable (Q284896) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q284896 Nick Cumberbatch wrote: > > I am using XP Professional and Office 2003 > > My recent files listing is missing. When I go to Tools, Options, General > the box is grayed out. How do I activate thi...

get the name of an active list #2
Hi, How can I implement this psedue code:assume: a cell is activated(can be any where in the sheet) if (active.cell is in a list) then alist=get the name of the list ....end if Thanks! ...

Printing contact lists
I have several contact lists I would like to print out but can't find how to in the help section. And I'd like to have them print out as a list, not as individual items (can't see wasting 20 sheets of paper). Thanks, jalowe -- jalowe Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Open the Contact List. Select 'Export' from the Menu items. Export the Contact List as a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file, to your Desktop or anywhere suitable. Then open into any word processor or spreadsheet program, and you can manipulate the Contacts as you require. Regards,...

Recover or restore a single mailbox..
Morning, I'm attempting to recover a user's Inbox and am trying to use the suggested ways listed in article ID 81337. - We are running Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition - The 'keep deleted items' on the storage group is set to 7 days When I select the Run Cleanup Agent and then right click the mailbox I want to recover the 'Reconnect' option is greyed out. What can I do to recover this user's Inbox? The second method listed in this article 'Restore a mailbox from backup to a recovery server' does not appear to be an option for me as I have no other ...