MSN Stock Quotes add-in for excel

I need a link where I can download this aplication (MSN Money stock quotes
add-in for excel), I really needed for my investments record. This link thats
the one I found on the micrsoft page
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=485FCCD8-9305-4535-B939-3BF0A740A9B1&displaylang=en
   Does not Work... Please let me know where can I download it. Thanks for
your time.

I don't use msn but will be happy to provide you with an excel file using
Yahoo quotes. I will ONLY respond to requests made to me my email addy
below.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"acapriles" <acapriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need a link where I can download this aplication (MSN Money stock quotes
> add-in for excel), I really needed for my investments record. This link
> thats
> the one I found on the micrsoft page
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=485FCCD8-9305-4535-B939-3BF0A740A9B1&displaylang=en
>   Does not Work... Please let me know where can I download it. Thanks for
> your time.

0
Don

Allow show/hide option for Excel graph series
To plot a graph with multiple series in Excel, I need to "Add" each series in the Source Data window. When I get to several series (5+), it gets difficult to organize the graph. I would like to select specific series to show and deselect specific series to hide, all at my choosing. This would make it very easy to show comparisons between Series A and B, followed by a comparison in Series B and C, etc. Meanwhile, I could have a few series permanently shown on the graph as reference data. As it is now, in order to make the comparisons, I have to create several different g...

what is the difference between a ".wab", the "contacts" folder, and a "personal address book"
I am migrating to Outlook from Outlook Express. All my current contacts are in an OE6 "wab". I have successfully imported them into Outlook. I just don't really understand the what and why of the existence of a Contacts folder *and* a "personal address book" file for Outlook. Why are these two features different? What is the consequence of using either one or both? TIA albert The Windows Address Book is an operating system address book utility that stores its information in a *.wab file. It is the Address Book used by Outlook Express but is separate from Outlook...

Linking Excel to Access.
Excel and Access are both versions 2000. I have an Access database of about 240,000 records. I'm trying to link Excel to that database but each time get an error that no data table is present. How do I link Excel to Access? Thanks. Heads up! Please recall that an Excel sheet has 65,536 rows (2 to the 16th power, for the math geeks). If your Access table has 240k records you'll exceed Excel's capacity to handle the data on a single sheet, meaning you'll have to come up with a fistful of workarounds to accommodate your data. It sounds like you should work from Access, ...

need to convert excel 97 doc to windows xp 2002 home edition
I am confused on how to convert and existing document that was created in excel (the 1997 version) into excel (the windows xp 2002 home edition). I downloaded an online converter and it said it should recognize the document now, but it's still just a bunch of numbers and symbols. Please help~ You should be able to open the .xls file produced by XL97 directly into XL2002. From there, save the file and it will then be in the later format. You shouldn't need a converter. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 19, 1:26=A0am, gigglesonice <giggleson...@discussions.microsoft.c...

Can I "hide" business expense categories M2003
Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the "latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke and don't need fixin'. But I would like to resolve one issue.How can I hide the business expense categories? Don't plan on needing it anytime soon, and it's just cluttering up the scene. In microsoft.public.money, Amazon wrote: >Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the >"latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke >and don't ...

Excel Sort() Algorithm
Someone raised a question in my computer class. Does anyone know what type of sort algorithm Excel uses when you highlight a range and hit the sort button? I suspect it's not a Bubble sort, because of the inefficiency involved, but beyond that I don't know what type of sort algorithm they would have implemented. Thanks, Michael C. Quick sort or a variant thereof probably. "Michael C" <michaelc@nospam.org> wrote in message news:KSdOc.20210$oE1.2246608@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > Someone raised a question in my computer class. Does anyone know what type > o...

How many columns are therein an Excel worksheet?
How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? 256 "Demon_Girl" wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Short answer: 256 Along those same lines....check Excel Help for this: excel specifications and limits *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Demon_Girl" wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Demon_Girl wrote: > How many columns are there in an Excel worksheet? Note: big step up in MS Excel 2007 (due out at year-end) 16,000 columns 1-million rows. On Thu, 04 May 2006 16:44:06 -0400, Cary <carygee@ho...

Enter "0" is number is negative
I have a row that is calculating figures and some of numbers are positve and some are negative. How do I tell it to enter a zero, if the calculation returns a negative number and enter the positive number if the calculation is postive. one way: =IF(SUM(A1:H1)>0,SUM(A1:H1),0) Regards Trevor "S Girl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b1d301c44ff1$784ad7e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a row that is calculating figures and some of > numbers are positve and some are negative. How do I tell > it to enter a zero, if the calculation re...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

Excel ignoring date format when saving to Text
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that look fine on the screen, perfectly formatted date wise. It's a 2003 SP2 spreadsheet. When I save it to text (Tab delimited) or any other text format it reverts to mm/dd/yyyy formating instead of british dd/mm/yyyy. I've checked all the regional settings on the machine and nothing appears to be wrong with it. Prior to an upgrade to 2003 it was working fine. I tried installing excel 2000 aswell but now that doesn't work either. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Matt I switched to UK setting from US and started Excel 2003. I pressed Ctrl-; to get to...

excel 2007 version Rearange Columns
Hello from Steved I know you can drag columns but for some reason I cannot drag the columns any ideas would be most welcome. excell 2007 version Thankyou. Hi, I am assuming that when you say 'drag columns' your are refereeing the the function in xl2003 of being able to adjust a data points value via the mouse and resizing or positioning the data point. If so, it is no longer possible as the feature has been removed from xl2007. If not can you explain further. Cheers And -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Steved" <Steved@discussions....

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

Sort cells and "Place in this document"-hyperlinks
Dear group, I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database. Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the wrong column after the sort. How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table? Thank you for any advice Tom Better to see so send to me if you like at dguille...

XP3 is still in "automatic updates"
OK, so I procrastinated the install of sp3. Coincidentally I read about the deadline of patches and things on July 13,2010. So I read a post or two about where one can read and go update on the web xp3. I glanced at a few of the support pages, when I remembered that Its probably already download and have had it 'sitting' ready to install for a while; in my automatic updates. I am relieved due to the size of this update. So, can I assume that Windows did download this and all I have to do is click install and no further action or investigating on my part is necessary? ...

excel insert watermark
Saw the suggestions re "inserting" picture in header/footer. Thought this was only possible in word. I want to add the word APPROVED" to the file copy once a costing evaluation spreadsheet has management approval to proceed. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html Excel FAQs - Watermarks -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Your Friend Al" <Your Friend Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097CB8D1-8B9F-4CFA-B01B-97D567543842@microsoft.com... > Saw the suggestions re "inserting"...

Custom page sizes in Excel
In Lotus, I could specify a custom page size (i.e. 4.25 X 3.5). Is there ANY way to do this in Excel? It was great for making small laminated cards for contact info etc. ...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Sending from excel to word template
PLEASE HELP ME i have macro like this below which includes records from excel to word template, but I'd like to convert it in such way, that it includes records from excel to one word document (It is preparing one word document now for every record from excel). It should works like that: excel opens word template and inludes every record from excel to bookmarks in word template and then it saves document. Are You able to convert this macro below? Best regards Thomas Sub Auto_open() Range("Bad name of file") = ThisWorkbook.path & "\" & "szablon.doc"...

"IF" "THEN" Clauses?
I need to figure out a formula for the following senario: I have three columns; Column "A" has is a list of "license" numbers; Column B Would be a name associated with that number; and Column C is a the result of a question regarding Column A. I have a list of 49 plus and growing license numbers associated with individuals. Data is coming in on a daily basis. The formula that I need to create would be something like this: If A1 = 18, then put Jim Jones in Column B, but if Colume A1 = 2350, then put Josh Smith in Column B Like I mentioned there is a listing of 49 pl...

What privileges are needed to see a Business Unit "lookup"
Hello, I created a Custom Entity "A" with an N-1 relationship to Business Unit. I gave security rol "X" all "organization" privileges to the custom entity A, and gave all "organization" privileges to Business Unit entity. The user can see and create "A" but is not being able to see the Business Unit lookup (is disabled). What privilege am I missing? Thanks Piri Yebra You'll need Append rights on BU and Append To on "A". See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa679989.aspx for details. Hope this helps. -- George Do...

Counting if settings are "Final", or "Draft" #2
Sorry, that looks really bad. I hope this is better, ColA Col B Col C A1 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/01_Sep_03 A2 Draft Doc A A3 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/02_Sep_10 A4 Draft Doc B A5 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/03_Sep_17 A6 Draft Doc C A7 Draft Doc D A8 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/04_Sep_23 A9 Draft Doc E A10 Draft Doc F A11 Final Doc C A12 Draft Doc G A13 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_27 A14 Draft Doc H A15 Final Doc B A16 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_28 A17 Final Doc A ...

I just installed xl2000 on my laptop. I have been using it on my pc so I copied and pasted my personalxl file into the xlstart folder, thinking I would have things at least close to the same on the laptop. The problem: Now when I open XL I have to select “New” to get a new workbook opened. If I remove personalxl from the xlstart folder everything works the way it is supposed to. I tried to save a workbook to the xlstart as a template with the name book.xlt and that did not help. (I did that after I put personalxl back into the xlstart folder.) I think I am missing this by a ‘Peri...

Which edition contains excel, Does Microsoft Home? Thanks
Excel comes with MS Office Suite or as a standalone application. Excel or Office Suite is not included with any Windows Operating System See this site for Office Suite comparisons. http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/howtobuy/compare.mspx Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:02:03 -0800, "vintage" <vintage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Outlook 2002 Crashes on "Big Memory" System
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C44FDA.12E35650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've run Outlook 2002 since it came out, but recently encountered an = exasperaing problem when I installed it on my new system (Abit IC7-MAX3 = motherboard, P4-3.0, 1 GB RAM) which has two users (both = administrators). If one user runs Outlook, then when the second user runs it, it crashes = with the error message labelled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", = and stating, "Run...

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...