MSN Stock Quote Update

I need to write a macro that will, upon opening a
specific Excel file, automatically update the current
stock quotes using the MSN Money Stock Quote add-in, then
e-mail the file to my e-mail address (let's say
zzz@zzz.com), and then close the file and exit Excel.
Since I'm not much good at macro programming, and the
recorder isn't much help here, I could use some help.
Thanks in advance.

Gregg
0
none89 (807)

While I don't know anything about the add-in you reference, why is the
macro recorder not of any help?  Maybe, if you use the recorder to do
all that you can, someone will help fill in the gaps. ;-)

--
Regards,

Tushar Mehta
MS MVP Excel 2000-2003
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA tutorials and add-ins
Custom Productivity Solutions leveraging MS Office

In article <000801c38ed4$179b71e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, none@none.com
says...
> I need to write a macro that will, upon opening a
> specific Excel file, automatically update the current
> stock quotes using the MSN Money Stock Quote add-in, then
> e-mail the file to my e-mail address (let's say
> zzz@zzz.com), and then close the file and exit Excel.
> Since I'm not much good at macro programming, and the
> recorder isn't much help here, I could use some help.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Gregg

I think I remember how to set up a macro to auto-run when
the file is opened, but the recorder doesn't work for the
other functions (close a file, exit Excel, send file as an
attachment, and access the MSN Money Quote Add-in).  Some
of these I could look up on my own, but I figured that as
long as I needed help on the e-mail and the add-in, the
rest is probably very basic to someone who does this all
the time.  The MSN Money Add-in is available through the
Microsoft Office website.  Is there at least a semi-
standard method of accessing add-ins?

0
none89 (807)
10/13/2003 1:43:45 PM
If all else fails, you can use SendKeys to emulate pressing the necessary keys to refresh the
quotes. The other option would be to see if you can figure out what macro is called by clicking
on the appropriate MSN menu option, then calling that routine from your macro.

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 06:43:45 -0700, "Gregg G" <none@none.com> wrote:

>I think I remember how to set up a macro to auto-run when
>the file is opened, but the recorder doesn't work for the
>other functions (close a file, exit Excel, send file as an
>attachment, and access the MSN Money Quote Add-in).  Some
>of these I could look up on my own, but I figured that as
>long as I needed help on the e-mail and the add-in, the
>rest is probably very basic to someone who does this all
>the time.  The MSN Money Add-in is available through the
>Microsoft Office website.  Is there at least a semi-
>standard method of accessing add-ins?

0
myrnailarson (145)

what is the difference between a ".wab", the "contacts" folder, and a "personal address book"
I am migrating to Outlook from Outlook Express. All my current contacts are in an OE6 "wab". I have successfully imported them into Outlook. I just don't really understand the what and why of the existence of a Contacts folder *and* a "personal address book" file for Outlook. Why are these two features different? What is the consequence of using either one or both? TIA albert The Windows Address Book is an operating system address book utility that stores its information in a *.wab file. It is the Address Book used by Outlook Express but is separate from Outlook...

Enter "0" is number is negative
I have a row that is calculating figures and some of numbers are positve and some are negative. How do I tell it to enter a zero, if the calculation returns a negative number and enter the positive number if the calculation is postive. one way: =IF(SUM(A1:H1)>0,SUM(A1:H1),0) Regards Trevor "S Girl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b1d301c44ff1$784ad7e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a row that is calculating figures and some of > numbers are positve and some are negative. How do I tell > it to enter a zero, if the calculation re...

Can I "hide" business expense categories M2003
Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the "latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke and don't need fixin'. But I would like to resolve one issue.How can I hide the business expense categories? Don't plan on needing it anytime soon, and it's just cluttering up the scene. In microsoft.public.money, Amazon wrote: >Yes, I run 2003. After reading the yearly horror stories regarding the >"latest and greatest" updated versions of Money I decided 2003 ain't broke >and don't ...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

Sort cells and "Place in this document"-hyperlinks
Dear group, I am using a table with multiple columns that are used as a database. Each column is one data entry. I am having some hyperlinks that point from one data entry (i.e. column) to another inside the spreadsheet. Unfortunately, when I perform a sort of the columns, these hyperlinks remain pointing to the previous location inside the sheet, i.e. to the wrong column after the sort. How do I solve this, i.e. how I make Excel understand that these hyperlinks need to be updated while sorting the table? Thank you for any advice Tom Better to see so send to me if you like at dguille...

XP3 is still in "automatic updates"
OK, so I procrastinated the install of sp3. Coincidentally I read about the deadline of patches and things on July 13,2010. So I read a post or two about where one can read and go update on the web xp3. I glanced at a few of the support pages, when I remembered that Its probably already download and have had it 'sitting' ready to install for a while; in my automatic updates. I am relieved due to the size of this update. So, can I assume that Windows did download this and all I have to do is click install and no further action or investigating on my part is necessary? ...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

"IF" "THEN" Clauses?
I need to figure out a formula for the following senario: I have three columns; Column "A" has is a list of "license" numbers; Column B Would be a name associated with that number; and Column C is a the result of a question regarding Column A. I have a list of 49 plus and growing license numbers associated with individuals. Data is coming in on a daily basis. The formula that I need to create would be something like this: If A1 = 18, then put Jim Jones in Column B, but if Colume A1 = 2350, then put Josh Smith in Column B Like I mentioned there is a listing of 49 pl...

Update lookup query in subform
I have a form called 'player' on that form there is a sub form called 'classschedulesubfrm' inside the subform there is a lookup field that runs a query on the 'classes' table. on the main form 'player' I enter a persons class schedule if there is a class that is not in the database I click a button and the form 'classesfrm' opens and I add the class that is missing, close the form and then try to drop down the box in the 'lookupclass' control running the query to the classestbl and the newly entered data doesn't show up yet? I have t...

What privileges are needed to see a Business Unit "lookup"
Hello, I created a Custom Entity "A" with an N-1 relationship to Business Unit. I gave security rol "X" all "organization" privileges to the custom entity A, and gave all "organization" privileges to Business Unit entity. The user can see and create "A" but is not being able to see the Business Unit lookup (is disabled). What privilege am I missing? Thanks Piri Yebra You'll need Append rights on BU and Append To on "A". See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa679989.aspx for details. Hope this helps. -- George Do...

Counting if settings are "Final", or "Draft" #2
Sorry, that looks really bad. I hope this is better, ColA Col B Col C A1 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/01_Sep_03 A2 Draft Doc A A3 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/02_Sep_10 A4 Draft Doc B A5 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/03_Sep_17 A6 Draft Doc C A7 Draft Doc D A8 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/04_Sep_23 A9 Draft Doc E A10 Draft Doc F A11 Final Doc C A12 Draft Doc G A13 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_27 A14 Draft Doc H A15 Final Doc B A16 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/05_Sep_28 A17 Final Doc A ...

Outlook 2002 Crashes on "Big Memory" System
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C44FDA.12E35650 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've run Outlook 2002 since it came out, but recently encountered an = exasperaing problem when I installed it on my new system (Abit IC7-MAX3 = motherboard, P4-3.0, 1 GB RAM) which has two users (both = administrators). If one user runs Outlook, then when the second user runs it, it crashes = with the error message labelled, "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library", = and stating, "Run...

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...

Cost Update Method for Item Cost
In MS RMS SO (2.0) I have selected "Weighted Average" for the "Cost Update Method" in File - Configuration - Inventory tab. In the online help it reads: ============================== Weighted Average: Select this method if you want Store Operations to update the item cost based on an average cost of all units of that item. When you receive new items, Store Operations adds the total cost of the unit received to the total cost of the existing units. This total cost is then divided by the total number of units on hand. For example, assume you have in stock 20 hammers ...

i got same problem "WindowsUpdate_80240016" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 , but it is useles !! pleace helpe me. thanks. lincoidas wrote: > i tired to install standalone update Windows6.0-KB947821-v5-x86 , > but it is useles !! > pleace helpe me. thanks. Perhaps if you provided information instead of making people gather it? *grin* Which of these operating systems do you have? Windows Server 2008 Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Windows Vista Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Windows Vista Service Pack 2 By the way - those are 32-bit versions - do you happen to have a 64-bi...

Delete option in Applied Task Update Requests and Errors Page
What happens exactly when a line item here is selected and the delete button is clicked? Does a previously applied (accepted) update to a particular assignment get removed from the project in the draft database? In other words, would you do this to remove incorrect updates from the plan? When would this be useful? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT Andy -- No. It only removes the history of the task update being applied. It does NOT remove the update from the Microsoft Project file. Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://ww...

Removing "stale"/"Dead" old servers agents from DPM 2010?
I've seen this note here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.dataprotectionmanager&tid=1b15e3af-2964-46f0-8fa7-4cfcfa3f26c0&cat=en_US_c18d9b67-8a4f-493f-99fa-246042fd5824&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&p=1 About clicking uninstall and waiting for a prompt to remove the record.. but i never get this prompt.. Is there another way to remove these old records/agents? There is no record of this agent in the current PG. Thanks http://santhoshsivarajan.blogspot.com/2009/12/remove-orphaned-dpm-agent-fr...

Automatically completing/inserting contact addresses in the "To" f
Can anybody help me figure out how to prevent Outlook 2003 from automatically filling in the "To" field when composing a new message? I noticed that when composing a new message, when I begin to type a contact name or email address in the "To" field, Outlook automatically offers various addresses that begin with the same letter. Sometimes an address is inadvertently included in an email because of this feature. For example, I start to type in "Lee@yahoo.com" but Outlook automatically offers up (in a drop-down menu) all email addresses that begin with "...

"investment type" field
is there a way to change the "investment type" field that is in the details page of an investment. For instance, i put in "abc" as a stock when it is actually a mutual fund. I don't want to have to enter the investments again. thanks In microsoft.public.money, jr wrote: >is there a way to change the "investment type" field that >is in the details page of an investment. For instance, i >put in "abc" as a stock when it is actually a mutual >fund. I don't want to have to enter the investments again. In the details, remove t...

Leads, Contacts and/or Accounts Owned by "Marketing"
We have a need for our Marketing Department to own certain Leads, Contacts and Accounts. We would prefer that these entities are not owned by a single User but a group of Users. A queue would be perfect for this, which brings up the following questions: * Can a queue be owned by multiple Users? * Can a Lead be assigned to a Queue? * Can a Contact be assigned to a Queue? * Can an Account be assigned to a Queue? I know this functionality exists in Salesforce. I just can't tell if it is supported by Microsoft CRM. Thanks in advance! - Robyn ...

How to re-enable the "source path mapping" dialog
I am using VS2005 + CE 6.0 R2. When I use KITL to debug a program, a pop-up dialog show up, wants me to give the "source path mapping". But once the check the "don't show up" option on that pop-up dialog, it never shows that dialog when I run a program. How to re-enable the auto pop-up dialog when VS2005 CE 6 find no proper source path ? Thanks C Hecko Check out in the following 'Options' dialog box of VS2005 Tools--> Options-->Platform Builder for CE-->System Debugger -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ ...

"Launch 2007" a legal license?
I ordered a number of Office 2007 Pro licenses from an authorized MS reseller that I found on the MS website and that I have never had problems with before. This time I received a single "Master Install Media" disk which looks authentic, and a number of "Launch 2007 Resource Kit" folders, each with a MS serial number. When I Google "Launch 2007 Resource Kit" the results seem to indicate that these are give-aways at MS event. Did I just get ripped off? W "Willem" <Willem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1A20C242...

Online updates don't work. Money needs exchange rate
I have MS money 2005 and my online updates have been working great for about a year now. Recently online updates stopped working. I get no error I only get a message that says "Money needs an exchange rate for currency is one or more accounts." The only thing is I have not changed anything and all my accounts are in US dollars. I can run just the Quotes and exchange rates update and that works but my other accounts will still not update because they keep saying the need an exchange rate. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it? In microsoft.public.money, Todd wrote: >...